1. Morez

Morez New Member

a foreigner who is trying to learn English

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Morez, May 8, 2022.

Hi there,

The title is explaning the situation
    I am a foreigner who is learning English as second language. I really like to write in English but I also need native people's opinions on my writing, can I find it here?

thanks

2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Morez, and welcome from me!

Whilst this is an English language writing site (not necessarily a place to learn English), there are plenty of members with English as a second language, and most members always seem happy to help where they can; maybe tell us a little of what you can also give back - what is your first language? Your cultural background? That is just as helpful to first language English speakers when creating characters.

Seven Crowns likes this.
  3. Morez

Morez New Member

well, that's great. I am from Iran and really like to help as small as I can.
    I want to study English literature in university, there is something in english language for me, I guess. I want to master my writing skill in English so that I could write freely without any act of censorship which is happening in my country.

4. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Hello, @Morez welcome to the forum.
    English is my second language as well. What would you like to write about?

5. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Morez,
    Welcome to our forums.
    There’s plenty of writing and reading to be done over here and hopefully you’ll come across something that will engage you in participation.

6. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Welcome!

You're in good company here. If I remember correctly, @alpacinoutd is also Iranian, and he's also here to improve his English, which I hope the forum is contributing to.

Being realistic, WF is possibly not a useful place to actually learn English so much as to improve your English, but I'm sure you'll find something here that will be useful to you.

7. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

That said, there are excellent discussions of grammar and construction in some of our discussion areas, such as Word Mechanics, so if you have specific questions about English I'm certain that you can find help here. There are members here who speak (and write, I assume) British English, and others who speak (and write?) American English. In general it's the same language, but there are occasional differences in both spelling and punctuation so it might be helpful to know whether you prefer to write in British English or American English.

Naomasa298 likes this.
  8. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Welcome, Morez. One of my long term ESL students was from Iran. She's grown now and speaks English as well as I do (which might not be saying all that much ;)).

9. Griffin Frank

Griffin Frank New Member

Welcome, Morez!

So, you're from Iran. I'm a sci-fi writer who loves Middle-Eastern cultures and had Iranian friends. Spoke some Farci, but that was a LONG time ago. Although Iran is not the best place to be in right now, the Persian culture was one of the most advanced throughout the centuries. I can help you with your texts in English and with grammar. You can write me. Let me see if I can contact you through your page. I'm also new here. Griffin