A Kiss From a Light Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Jan 17, 2009.

1. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I meant "special" as in tougher than the average scientist. With a nickname like "The Ghost Man" you make him sound like some kind of hitman. I figured he could/would fend for himself.

2. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

But you didn't read the additional information. He isn't as tough as you think he is.

3. AnonyMouse

Even a coward can be a tough guy. If he can single-handedly assassinate someone, he's not as soft as that description makes him sound.

Besides, what am I supposed to do when/if he's out eliminating people? Seems like an SPO would only get in his way. But if you say he needs an SPO, fine, I'll be his SPO.

4. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

He kills no one he takes them out back and leaves them on the planet's surface. Leaving the planet claim their body.
    He also has a formula he made to erase their memories.

If you read the S.P.O rarely gets to see the scientist they are protecting jobs. They stand out in the door and wait for them.
    It's expected of them to be there when they come out.

5. AnonyMouse

It wasn't explained very clearly in the game description. Once the game starts, and we're forced to fight for survival, will Edgar return to his cowardly ways? I suppose that's when he comes out of his office/laboratory/whatever and I have to protect him, right?

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Yeah of course.
    He's a full blown coward.:)

7. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

oh yay i cant wait to play that role lol

8. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

I just can't wait for this RP to get started . . . :)

9. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I need more people. :(

But I can't find anybody.

10. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

COME ON ALL MEMBERS OF MY RPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GRAB MORE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I HAVE TIRED MYSELF AND NO ONE WANTS TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They are to "busy" and don't want join my RPG because they don't want to "get overwhelmed"

11. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Haha, calm down Leaka, I'll help you out. ;)

12. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Sorry.
    I'm just like don't make this RPG go away.

13. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Hey,

I hope my character was all right. I wasn't very clear on the duties of Species Recognition. You said that they're basically a hacker, right? But it seems like they do some physical stuff with the species as well.

I don't think I get that at all. Can they physically manipulate time, or are they just sneaking around? And how does this 'hologram' thing work, anyway? And if they aren't tough, how is it that they take people out on the surface and leave them there? I just need a bit of clarification please, thank you.

Also, as far as a map...if you PMed me a more detailed description of the facility I could probably throw something together. Nothing beautiful, but I can do a bit of cartography if you think that would help.

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

They Recognize the species.
    They manipulate time by restarting it, by have their holograms come on out.
    Holograms works like any hologram in any science fiction novel or comic...you have a watch it takes a picture of you, and creates and exact replica of you, of course your a hologram, but Time Guards sit in a steel box all day so after a while they don't know whats what.
    All they did is, "Hey Bob come check out the sky of the planet,"
    "'Kay,"
    Leads them out, distract them with words while heading out farther then the facility is, say you forget something and only you know the way back, but just leave him on the planet. They'll die soon enough without you needing to get physical.

15. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

So, how do they create the holograms. Via a computer terminal, a laptop, some sort of device on their belt...what? Can they instantly create a hologram, does it take time for them to do so, and what are the limitations of this technology? Can holograms speak? Can they be programmed to act independently?

And I don't understand why they would be killing guards anyway. This is one facility, yes? So why would you kill you own workers? Unless it was absolutely necessary, that is. And wouldn't the guards have noticed that they were dying off...?

I still don't get what you mean by manipulating time either. Do you just mean that the normal schedule doesn't apply to them, because they can trick the Time Guards? Or can they literally go back in time?

16. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

So, how do they create the holograms. Via a computer terminal, a laptop, some sort of device on their belt...what? Can they instantly create a hologram, does it take time for them to do so, and what are the limitations of this technology? Can holograms speak? Can they be programmed to act independently?

And I don't understand why they would be killing guards anyway. This is one facility, yes? So why would you kill you own workers? Unless it was absolutely necessary, that is. And wouldn't the guards have noticed that they were dying off...?

I still don't get what you mean by manipulating time either. Do you just mean that the normal schedule doesn't apply to them, because they can trick the Time Guards? Or can they literally go back in time?

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

The holograms restart their time.
    Okay the situation, everyone wakes up, everyone is a bit groggy, but has to go eat and then do their duties.
    Lets say Jerry the Time Guard goes of to do his box duties. And Jerry is extremely tired today. Well you Micheal will decide to restart your hour so that way you can find new species on the planet.
    "Good morning Jerry," you say.
    Once you realize your hour is almost over, you press the button on your watch, you have created yourself a hologram. Your hologram walks over to the steel box and taps on the metal frame.
    "Hey Jerry I came back inside and didn't get my full hour...I'm going back out,"
    "All right," Jerry says tiredly.

The hologram works by a computer system, you have created a way to compute data into a human's physical shape.
    This shape is unique to everyone's DNA code. The holograms can walk and talk. Even mimic some of your unique habits.

Every guard that dies was in some sort of accidental way. There is no evidence that anyone killed them. When guards bodies are found on the planet's surface they wondered out to far and didn't come back in their hour.
    There is no evidence of murder or manipulation. And they get new shipments of guards if to many go missing. Though that is rare.
    The guards need to be killed off because they know nothing of the scientific experiments.
    If they knew about the experiments the experiments may become public knowledge.
    No guard is allowed to know. So its up to all scientist to keep the secret, and that sometimes means the accident of one guard.

18. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Okay. So, in the context of the rp, could I have a hologram appear whenever I want? Like...

Bob looked around the corner and saw a group of unfriendly aliens. He activated the hologram generator at his belt quickly. The hologram walked around the corner. The aliens started to chase it. Bob snuck around the corner while they were distracted.

For a simple example, would that work? Do you need to use a computer, a cell phone, some sort of...device to activate it? And now I understand about the time restarting thing and the guards, thank you. Just still not sure about the mechanics of how the holograms are activated.

19. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

The watches are connected to your office computers, so as long as your computer isn't messed up you may be able to bring out your hologram with no problem.

Sadly, that isn't the case....the explosion caused a lot of problems with interface.
    You want to use your hologram wisely.

20. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

That...didn't really answer my question. HOW are the holograms activated? Via watches? So, you press a button on a watch, and it is activated. And as long as the Office compiter is working, the hologram will work? Is that right? This isn't detailed on the RPG page...

21. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

You should be able to inform if I keep on saying you press a button a the watch what do you think.
    Yes. Press a button on the watch as long as the computer in the office isn't to badly damaged.

22. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Well, you mentioned the watch exactly 1 time, and that was in your last post, and it was very vague. So actually I'm not really sure how I was supposed to know that...

But, that works fine. Now I know. I'm excited for this rp to get started...

23. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Like I said Noodleguy I need a couple more people to make 12 members total.
    I need the last people to be time guards because their needs to be a variety of people.

24. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Yup, I know. 2 more people.

25. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Could you help maybe?