A Kiss From Light Crimson

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Dec 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna stared at this ugly creature, at the many barbs that lined it. "I hope this works," she muttered, aiming just below where one of its barbs sunk into it's "body", if it could be called that. She pulled the trigger and the bullet went flying. "Duck!" she shouted as soon as she pushed the trigger, dropping flat onto her stomach behind the desk. The bullet hit and there was deafening bang as the exploding bullet ignited and blew. She peered over the edge of the desk; there was a large hole in the slug creature's side, but she couldn't tell if it was dead or not, though it still hadn't moved. "How do you tell if the damn thing's dead?" she called to Stewart, taking aim again just in case.

2. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"You have to shoot it's nerve tendrils like I said," Stewart said, "But the creature really hasn't done anything to you, so please don't harm it...unless it harms us in some way please don't harm it."
    Stewart had a kind of connection with the aliens that Reese would despise. But since his job enlisted him to find love ones for the creatures he couldn't, but not help himself to seeing there world. The Divers were the more kinder ones.
    "Please don't hurt it any more," Stewart said.

3. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Isay aimed and squeezed the trigger until the weapon clicked. He pulled out a new magazine and reloaded. “It just killed one of us. I killed it. Tell it to get a damn lawyer.” He turned around. “Captain, get back. I take head. And no more detours, unless I give the damn order.” He was the highest ranking officer here, he would be damned before he let one of these people kill him.

4. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"It didn't mean to kill her, Diver's live in Colonels and Colonels shoot Divers into people bodies...the Diver is only doing what instinctively came to it and that is eat...sadly humans have a differ," Stewart paused, "Please don't hurt it."
    Stewart stared at Anna.

5. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna made a face, glaring at the ugly creature. "What?" she snapped, seeing Stewart watching her.

6. TwinPanther13

TwinPanther13 New Member

Donovan stared at Edgar trying to read the man's lips. It was not as easy as people made it out to be. Edgar hobbled over to a pipe pointing at it. He got the general idea he wanted to use it as a crutch.

He looked around the area for something he could use to get it down. He picked up his handguns off the floor and searched for his blade. Time Guards carried a knife but he always liked to have a little something extra stashed away.

Picking through the rubble he came across his machete and smiled. He walked over to Edgar and spoke.

"I can't hear you so shut your mouth. I am going to let you use this pipe as a crutch. Stay behind me and watch the rear as we move. Just tap my shoulder if you hear or see something. Anything else you find some paper and spell it out."

Donovan swung his machete and cut the pipe off in one pass. Nothing was going to dull his blade. He tossed the pipe to Edgar and strapped the machete to his back. He turned his back to Edgar and started looking around.

Suddenly Edgar gripped his shoulder in a panic. Something was wrong.

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Stewart noticed his gaze made her uncomfortable slightly. But he wanted her to know that he didn't want to see it harmed.
    "Please just come this way...and don't hurt it,"

8. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna stared into Stewart's eyes; the emotion in them was clear. He was a sucker for aliens. Interesting. She slid out from behind the desk, her gun trained on the hideous creature as she moved over to where Stewart was, though she did not pull the trigger. Standing next to the scientist she looked over at him, her face blank and her eyes curious. "Let's go," she said, her gun still aimed at the slug-creature.

9. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Isay nodded. The things wasn’t going to die, fine, he didn’t care. “Where to?”

10. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Stewart knew this hallway.
    "This hallway kind of connects to were Reese may be...if so we should go that way and look for Reese to make sure he is still alive," Stewart said.

11. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna nodded agreement, peering down the hallway. More darkness--great. "I'll take front," she announced, and, not waiting for Isay's complaint, stepped into the hall. It echoed with her footsteps, and the silence here was as horrifying as it had been in the vent; she kept her gun ready.

12. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

OOC:: Wow . . . I feel REALLY left behind now. Anything important happen?

IC:: Reese was such a jerk. Here they had nearly been killed and he was threatening her in a rather idiotic manner. "My god! I'm up, can't you see?" she said, pulling herself up quickly. Keira wasn't a complete moron like Reese, but she could take care of herself when in the company of her boss. He couldn't bother her, no matter what he said. That was a trait she was proud of. Most women wouldn't stand up him. "Now, are you gonna tell me what the hell happened, or are you just going to stand there?"

Being through the 'earthquake' or whatever had happened had put Keira in a state of panic, and she dealt with her fear in an irritated, moody manner, tending to take it out on others. Normally, she wouldn't have been this snippy. "And don't tell me. Edgar did it. Is that what you were gonna say?"

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

OOC: Nothing important, though please ask these question in the discussion area please next time.

Reese stared at her.
    "Edgar did do it?" Reese said with a smile, "Only a nimwit idiot would think it was an earthquake, the generator had blown up, and now my facility is ruined and the specimen got out yeah."
    Reese began moving and that odd pinch in his arm happened again. It was a very painful pinch as well, he must have fractured something. Keira was getting on his nerves. Business now, friendship later.
    "Let's go...hurry up," Reese said beginning to walk faster.

Stewart followed close to Anna, well as close as he could. He feared there was still a Colonel left or something. He just hoped they met up with someone before it was to late.
    He didn't want to turn out dead. His head felt like there was a bunch of water in it, he was really dizzy and was beginning to see double. He knew when the Diver came he went down to fast. The motion must have made his head a little off. He hoped it was just the head and nothing else.

14. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"I never said it was an earthquake," Keira said, rolling her eyes. She laughed softly, however. "I'm sure Edgar did do it." She at least agreed with that much. But he was right - they needed to get moving. They had to find the others as soon as possible. "Maybe we should head down that hallway," she suggested, gesturing towards the nearest hallway to the east, "I think Stewart was down there before the explosion, but I could just be turned around."

15. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna noticed Stewart start to wobble behind her and stopped dead, reaching out to steady him. "You okay?" she asked, lifting one of his arms over her shoulder and adjusting her gun so she could still shoot if she needed to. "We'll find someplace relatively easy to defend soon, and then you can rest," she promised, her arm tight around his waist as she forced him to lean against her as they walked down the dark hallway.

16. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Don't get that tone with me, and he was outside the hallway before he was in here, but knowing him he would try to catch us in one of the experimental halls," Reese said, "Are you super injured, do you have any defense weapon....f@#k."
    As he was walking down the hallway he saw a Colonel walked around. It's back was towards them, but certainly it would notice them.
    "It's a Colonel," he whispered.

Anna immediately came to his aid as he began to show the effects of what had happened.
    "I'm okay," he said, "It's nothing I just have to steady myself."
    But that wasn't the truth he knew that.

17. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"I'm fine," Keira said as she followed him. When he mentioned a Colonel, she immediately hushed, pressing her back to the wall. "Shhh . . . I have a gun. If we both charge it at once, we should be alright." Her hand drifted subconsciously to her gun, which she had hidden behind her coat. Then Keira stood still, waiting for Reese to answer. He may have a different idea for taking down the Colonel. They were dangerous; if she and Reese didn't catch it by surprise, it could tear them to shreds.

18. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Reese bit his lip, if you got to close to the Colonel it could rip you into shreds. If you didn't hit hard and made it come down, the little Divers in it's gun would find its way in your body. F@#k
    Reese slid his hand down to were his gun was. The pinch and pain in his arm again. Would he even be able to shoot it with this much pain going through his arm. Only way to find out.
    "Let's go," Reese said starting his sprint towards the colonel.

19. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Keira nodded and took off after him, raising her gun to point it at the Colonel. She didn't wait for Reese's shot before she began firing, shooting the first bullet at the alien's head and ducking back against the wall to reload. A pistol was never good in this type of situation. Now, a rapid shooting gun would have worked well against such a quick, deadly enemy. Hopefully Reese had something up his sleeve. "Shoot!" she called as she loaded the small gun, her fingers fumbling nervously as she raised it to aim again.

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Don't tell me what to f#$k to do cause I already know what to do," Reese said, "I'm not an idiot like you."
    Reese closed one eye and focused real hard on what he was doing. He shot the Colonel in the middle of the forehead. Instant kill. He knew their weakness, and he never worked on the creatures just read people's files and records of the creatures. He never had to put himself in harms way, but he certainly knew how to kill the creatures.
    "Next time shoot in the middle of the head...god you're the one working on these motherf#@kers and you can't do sh!t to them,"

21. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna glanced sideways at Stewart, her face in that funny blank expression of hers that made it impossible for anyone to know what she was thinking. "Sure you're all right," she mumbled sarcastically. "I know you're lying, so don't try to pretend you're all right when you're not."

22. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Of course. Of course the f****ing way to be blocked with debris. Of course. Jena sighed angrily and stuffed her gun back into her belt. Ara was not worth this much work; actually no one in the facility was; but she wouldn't survive very long without help-well at least not when she had no idea what she might be up against. She shifted a few more pieeces of debris, her arms aching from the effort and being buried in the rubble only a few minuted ago.

"****!" a large piece of the rubble had just fallen on top of her hand. With much swearing she pulled it free, blood streamed from multiple cuts across the palm and back and it hurt like crazy. Not to mention the large gash she had found on her cheek from being buried earlier.

Oh yeah, Ara was soo not worth this.

23. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Keira rolled her eyes again, putting her gun away and continuing to walk down the hallway. "Shut up," she muttered, basically ignoring what Reese said altogether. He was known for saying stupid things, probably just to get attention. When she reached the middle of the hallway, Keira peered around the corner of the interesection, searching for any signs of life. Smoke and debris littered the hallway, so her line of sight wasn't as good as it could have been. "See anything?" she asked.

24. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Reese looked around the place and saw nothing. There was nothing, but junk. When he found Edgar, oh when he found Edgar he would squeeze his throat and feed him to one of the aliens. Edgar was going to pay for this, all of this. He was going to make Edgar suffer after this.
    "Shut up, don't talk to me like that, I am the one who hired you, I am the one that gets you paid, so start talking to me with more respect," Reese said.

Stewart stared at Anna and smiled.
    "I wasn't fully lying," Stewart said.
    It was faint, but he thought he had heard shots.
    "I thought I heard gun firing," Stewart said.
    Then again it may be just his head at the moment. He felt really dizzy and he felt like he was losing his balance even with Anna's help.

25. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna looked down the dark hall, then at Stewart's face, and made a hurried decision. "So did I..." she muttered. With a sigh she adjusted Stewart as he started to slide in her grip. She curled her fingers tightly around her gun, pressing Stewart to her side as she pulled his arm further around her shoulders. "Let's go." She pointed down the hall--the direction she was sure the firing had come from, and set off as rapidly as she could manage to half-carry Stewart along at.