1. Roxy

Roxy New Member

A new start

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Roxy, Mar 7, 2015.

Hi everyone. I have found this forum after a lot of searching for a busy forum that also kept writers' work private. I am very much looking forward to settling in here. I have written on and off all my life, even as a child I was forever writing stories, magazines etc, but until recently I never had the strength to decide that this is what I want to do as my life purpose. I have recently left my job and will be starting up writing properly once we have created a space in our little spare bedroom. My last job has given me a lot of confidence in what I can achieve when I work hard. I was a trainer for care workers; I wrote all the training material and had to make subjects, that could be very dry, engaging. And of course I communicated for a living and had to do a lot of research to keep on top of changing guidelines and laws.
    I have two books that I have started. One is adult fiction and one is for children in about the 11 year old age bracket. I forsee the adult one possibly as a trilogy, but the child one I would love to develop into a big series of adventures. Right now the first chapter of the adult fiction is almost all wrong and will have to be completely rewritten, but that is okay because I've learnt stuff about my characters already. I have also written the first chapter of my children's book, which I am much happier with and now I really want to develop the characters a bit better and get a better overview of how I want them to progress over the course of several books, before I write any more chapters.
    So, thank you for letting me in.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Hey, Roxy, and welcome!

Take a look at our New Member Guide to get hang of the rules and some other forum basics. After that you can dive right into the sea of questions and discussions.

Have fun!

3. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Thank you, Komposten, I already have. I'm pretty sure I can behave myself ;-)

Komposten likes this.
  4. KaitysDad

KaitysDad Member

Hello and Welcome.

5. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Glad you joined us, Roxy.

Keep working on those chapters and keep pressing forward, learning and improving as you go.

6. Kasper

Kasper New Member

I recently left my job of ten years, working with children! I hope to see you around the Children's Forum. Welcome.

7. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.