Tags:
  1. Seth Fusion

Seth Fusion New Member

A Not-So-Unique Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Seth Fusion, Mar 16, 2018.

Hello all! I have never joined a forum I intended to make posts on, so I must apologize in advance as this is a first for me and I have to get used to actually being social online. That being said, I'm an avid user of the internet and have used many forums in the past, so I know how these things go.

I suppose I should start by giving a little background on myself. Though I fear not being unique enough to stand out on a huge forum like this, I'll keep it simple (I'm sure that feeling itself is something we have all had and is itself not unique). Up until very recently, I have considered myself a storyteller. A term I use loosely though. I don't often tell my stories, but since I was a child I have always been the one to come up with stories to keep myself occupied. I never thought about writing them down before, but it has become such a large part of my life I feel like not writing them down is to do an injustice to them. I struggle with "brain crack" and truly want to overcome it, but I'm an introverted person that doesn't like to share my precious creations with people, which I understand is self-destructive. How am I to get better if I don't let people read what I have created? So I thought I would find a place online where the anonymity of the internet could give me honest feedback. And so I'm here.

I'm pretty young and have little experience. I don't know how much help I will be in criticizing other's work but I look forward to giving it a try. I write very much in the same way that my brain process information and I have yet to see if this is a good trait or a bad one. I am a fan of stream of consciousness but don't know yet if I can execute it as well as famous authors in the past. I sub-vocalize if that means anything to anyone. In general, I think this forum could be good for me and my writing, but that sounds selfish and I hope to give back to the forum one day if my skills are ever worthy.

I look forward to learning a thing or two and hope I am welcomed by the experienced and professional writers throughout the forums!

PennyDreadfully likes this.
  2. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Hey, be welcome to the forum! Hope you have a great time around, and I´m quite sure your skill will improve around. I´m also fairly new around, but the short time has been really great. It´s cool you have the disposition to learn and, overall, to write around.

I had a very similar objective by joining this forum, and until now it has worked, little by little. I´m quite anxious to begin posting tales, but have a lot to learn around, so, the best I can do is try helping other writers by checking their great stories, and making a critic. By the way, make sure you check the rules, and the requisites for using the workshop (links on the lower edge of the browser), ans of course, hoe to see your work soon! Be well.

3. Seth Fusion

Seth Fusion New Member

Thank you for the kind words! I have read up on the rules and am ready to jump into once I have more time to sit down and read some topics.

4. PennyDreadfully

PennyDreadfully Member

Hey Seth!

Hello from a fellow newbie :)

I look forward to reading your work. I'm a big fan of stream of consciousness writing when done right as well. I look forward to seeing your stuff in the workshop!