1. JHockey

JHockey New Member

A Poetry Section within General Writing section

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by JHockey, Apr 25, 2012.

We have sections here on plot development, character development etc, but how about a section specifically dedicated to issues to discuss in poetry?

I know there are less formal requirements for poems, but it would be nice to have somewhere to discuss in a bit more depth, and read what others have to say in topics related to poetry.

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

This has been suggested a few times before, but there doesn't seem to be enough interest in discussing how to write poetry to warrant a new section.

3. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

This is pretty much right.

If there's ever enough interest, this is a possibility in the future (the same goes for sub-genres).

4. JHockey

JHockey New Member

I see, you would think there would be some potential for a section to discuss classic poetry and a section for technical issues, like meter, rhyme, and what form to use to express certain poems: prose, sonnet, free verse etc. Maybe an article or two on it would be better then, rather than a whole section.

5. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

You can still use the General Discussion section to talk about writing poetry and the Book Discussion section to talk about poems or poets.

6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I do think these types of discussions would be good to have. Right now I'd say they fit under general writing. If we see a lot of posts related to these aspects of poetry at some point, I'll reconsider adding the forum.

Articles on this sort of thing are a good idea. Adding articles to the site is in the planning stage and should happen this summer.