A Song of Ice and Fire - thoughts [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Ulramar, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Chiv

Chiv Active Member

Haha, nice!
    I myself am a bit all over the place. Love Tyrion, but I also love Jon. But my favourite character is a Targaryen.

Lemex likes this.
  2. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

I'm interested in fielding a few opinions from anyone who has completed the series. What do you think the craic is with the familiar face in Oldtown? I have a couple of theories, but as yet have little definite proof as to what his motivations are. He's not a freelancer in it for himself, question is, who is responsible for hiring him? I'm pretty sure, (if memory serves) I know what he's after, but not what his employer/s intend to do with it.

Any thoughts?

3. Ulramar

Ulramar Contributor Contributor

All I know is that he isn't Jaqen H'ghar, Benjen Stark, Syrio Forrel, or Daario Nharris.

4. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Given the description, he appears to be a faceless man, though not necessarily H'ghar—could be someone using the same face—what are your reasons for totally discounting the possibility? I don't think we were given any insight aside from his intention to return to Bravos.

I think I need to do a bit of re-reading. It's been so long my memory is becoming really hazy about the details.