Act One Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Domino355, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

It's a half joke-half prompt. I wanted to add more depth via "fun facts". So I just decided to make the god of fun facts

2. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Hey, I'm going on a vacation for a week now, and I don't know when I'll have wifi there. Hopefully I'll be able to post before I take off, and if I don't then expect the next post to be on Friday.

3. MagicPenguin

MagicPenguin Active Member

Welcome back, Domino. I'm the least certain about all the Yammu/Dragon stuff that's happened so far, so if I wrote anything that's inconsistent with something that came before, please let me know so I can fix it.

Also, Light Spirits are basically like angels and the worst of the Dark Spirits are like demons. Light Spirits can heal and grant blessings to strength and vitality of others, create blinding flashes of light, create weapons out of golden light, and shoot blasts of light. They are many and varied in their purposes and desires, but they generally want to help and protect people and punish evildoers.

Dark Spirits can create toxic mist, can sap strength and vitality from others to strengthen themselves, create pitch black darkness, weapons out of shadows and blasts of darkness. They are, like their light brethren, many and varied in purpose and desire, but generally like to cause trouble; many are harmless (and perhaps even friendly) and others are very dangerous. The worst of them prey on the fears and darkest thoughts and desires of others in order to tempt them into doing evil deeds of their own free will, thereby corrupting them.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  4. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

I completely forgot about editing my post with Abel, Domino. I just finished, I hope it can suffice. As of now, Realiti is just a little bit mad that Eliphon decided to descend the tower into the underworld to keep an eye on OBlivion instead of something else.

5. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

@MagicPenguin about the Yammu, actually their problem isn't being disorginized, though that's definately an issue, but just that there are much more toothless Yammu than Freeswimmers. And maybe I hadn't mentioned it, but the main reason the dragon's war wit the Yammu is dragging is because none of the sides really need anything from the other, and they don't really have anywhere to battle anyway. The whole war is raging mainlly due to principle.

Then again, it doesn't mean that an alliance betweem the dragons and the Yammu can't work. And maybe together they'll have a fighting chance.

6. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Oh and @gibble410 I meant "wander", sorry. Changes the meaning of the story a bit, really.

7. MagicPenguin

I was under the impression they went to war because Tesni and the Dragons were pissed that Marama kidnapped a dragon all that time ago and they helped keep it chained at the bottom of the ocean and also because the Dragons are afraid to go near the water for fear they'll be similarly attacked and kidnapped. The Freeswimmers and the Dragons seem like they'd be appropriate allies considering both have been wronged (or at least, each THINK they have been wronged) by the Toothless Empire, which seems not to care about the injuries done to either as long as Marama is appeased.

As for numbers, I really meant to say the Freeswimmers had a very large number relative to the Dragons, who (I imagine) live very long lives, reproduce slowly, and consequently live in very small numbers compared to all the other races, especially after the casualties they took in the Oblivion fight. I'll try and make it a little clearer that, though the Freeswimmers are outnumbered by the Toothless (say...outnumbered 5 to 1?), they are numerous enough to put up a fight where the Dragons just aren't.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  8. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Alright that sounds reasonable. And yes, the war started because of the kidnapping if a dragon, which led to the killing of the Yammu king, which led to a war that's more of a declaration than an actual conflict.

9. gibble410

AHHH I'm stupid, I've been reading it as 'wonder'. I dont have time to edit now, I have to go to my great-grandmothers funeral but when I get back I can do it.

10. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

No. It is written as wonder. I just meant the definition of wander. Writing is harder when English isn't your first languadge.

11. MagicPenguin

I think we should give these three continents names. It's a mouthful (or a fingerful in this case, I guess) to keep writing "Western continent," "Middle continent," or "Eastern continent." Anyone agree?

Also, I'm not sure if this was specified or not, but where on these three continents are the humans located? I think someone wrote they settled where Eliphon's Tower used to be, but where is that with respect to Rephlon's new geography?

12. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

They settled around Eliphon's tower. Since it was situated in the plains of the gods it means they are now in the western continent.
    As for names, feel free to come up with new names.
    And by the way, @halisme when are you going to do the god's conference?

13. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

After the dragon questions as I said in my post. Just work out what they're going to say to Arzian and then it can happen.

14. MagicPenguin

Well, as for names, how about...

East: Athelios
    West: Spartalios
    Middle: Daktylios

Daktylios means "ring" in Greek. According to Google translate, anyway.

The East and West are named in reference to Athens and Sparta. Athena was the patron goddess of Athens and Ares of Sparta. Coincidentally (I think), Ares was kind of similar in disposition and worldview to Khaline and Athena was kind of similar in disposition and worldview to Yurius. The two gods hated each other the same way ours do. The citizens of each city-state consequently hated each other too. They eventually fought in the Peloponesian War. Interestingly, though, often when the two cities were threatened by an outside force (e.g., Persia) they'd end up working together. They were like siblings who fought constantly, but also had each other's back in dire time of need.

The names might be a bit too uncreative for their similarity to real world names, though...

Anyone have any other ideas?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  15. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Sounds good enough for me. And as for the questions, I'll think about it.

16. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

@gibble410 I'm waiting for your post and then I'll do mine

17. gibble410

Oh, I didnt really have anything to add but I guess I can do something.

18. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Well, in two areas I adressed your character.
    And genrally speaking, when you have nothing to add, could you write that on the discussion board? Otherwise I'm just waiting for you to post

19. gibble410

Im adressing your adresses in the second post, after the meeting if thats allright?

20. gibble410

I am going to make these new worlds before I start on the stuff in 673 and such. I'll remember to do that, apologies!

21. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Addressing your addresses. Yeah that seems fine.

gibble410 likes this.
  22. gibble410

My current plan is to have a meeting with COMPBAD and such, make the worlds, and address all of the stuff requiring Realiti's attention. Most of that will happen in 360-380. I think I have everything edited and fit with the story so far, so I'm good to go! I also drew up a meeting room, in case anyone was confused. Screenshot 2017-04-13 at 2.27.18 PM.png

23. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

@gibble410 Are you reffering to when Chanter asked for conference with Realiti? Because that only happened in 373

24. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Oh I understand

25. gibble410

She's not quite there yet, she is just going to a COMPBAD conference in 360