Aeverlest: Legend of the Crystal Flames

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DustinTheWind, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Morius extracted the map from his back pocket and unfolded it, standing beside Alaz. They were soon joined in a huddle with Aali and Rainin, purposefully crowding as to not allow Mathias vision of the map. Morius didn't want to lose this thing. The wizard had clearly illustrated several possible hiding places of the Crimson flame on the map, but Morius couldn't quite figure where they were at the moment. He waited for the scorpion to point it out.

2. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Mathias huffed, as the group pointedly refused to let him partake in the viewing of the map. It made him hate them all the more. He noticed Scarlet had not joined them, so he briskly walked towards her.

"Hello Scarlet!" He called, "Tell me, why exactly are we looking for this flame?"

3. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

"Here." Alaz jabbed at the map, "A few miles south of where the Karb flows into the Dnuorn. That is our current location.

"Now, there is far too much desert to cover, and we can't really afford to wait on L'lyagi, so the best thing to do now is to split up. One group will follow this route," he pointed to a path that snaked to the south-east, "and search for the Flame, while the rest of you will follow this one," it followed a more southerly path. "I will send my pets with you, one with each group. Should you find the flame or should you find trouble, they will find me."

4. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

"Wait, if there is a bug for each group, then where are you going?" Rainin asked. He didn't much like the idea of splitting up, not when there were newcomers in the group.

Wherever you go, I'll take the path to the southeast." Rainin hoped that this direction would keep him further away from the heart of the desert that he was already not a friend of.

5. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Mathias stifled a laugh as the group decided foolishly to split up. He had to go with Trucido, no matter what.

Mathias heard Chatulio huff, but didn't care, revenge was so close.

6. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Aali looked up Alaz, splitting up didn't seem like the smartest thing to do, but he did know more about where they were going than they did.

"Alright, so if we're going to split up who's going with who?"

7. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

"Alright, so if we're going to split up who's going with who?"

Morius looked from Aali, to Trucido, to Alaz, and then to Mathias. He crossed his arms, and took a step back from the huddle, so everyone in the group could see him. "I'll lead one group, and my Alfar assassin friend can take the other. I've followed Alaz through these deserts before having run into you lot, so I have some sense of direction around the place."

Morius now looked at the rest of the group - a farmer, a warrior woman, two white mages, and an archer.

"Also, I suggest each group has one of the members skilled in white fire, for healing purposes in case we run into danger."

At this, Lynne instantly stood and ran over to Morius, indicating she would be part of his group. He looked at her approvingly.

8. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

"Wait, if there is a bug for each group, then where are you going?"

Alaz glared at him. "I will be searching alone." He stated it as a matter of fact, but the words still seemed to have a hard edge to them. "Three groups is more efficient than two, and I am much more acclimated to this climate than you. Any who travel with me, human or otherwise, would just be slowing me down and putting themselves in danger."

Without waiting for a response, he turned his back on Rainin and walked a short distance from the group. A peculiar stomp on the ground summoned his pet sand horrors, and he began speaking to them in a consonant-heavy clicky language.

9. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

It seemed obvious that Lynne would go with Morious and Scarlet the only other of the group experienced in white magic would go with Tricido.

"I'll accompany Morious and Lynne, if you'll accept. There seems to be some white magic attached to this staff, but it doesn't answer to me."

Though Morious was dark and mysterious he seemed more predictable than Trucido, and the last thing he needed in this desert was a surprise.

10. Lebby

Lebby New Member

As the group decided who would go with who, Mathias subtly moved to stand behind Trucido. Chatulio sighed, but Mathias ignored him once more, he would have his vengeance. It seemed Rainin, Morious and Lynne were partnering up, Mathias hoped Antice, Trucido, Scarlet, Aali and himself would be the other team.

11. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

"I'll accompany Morious and Lynne, if you'll accept. There seems to be some white magic attached to this staff, but it doesn't answer to me."

"Well I guess I'll go with Trucido and Antice to even things out."

Aali eyed Mathias warily again. At the very least now she was not alone in her mistrust of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.