Aeverlest: Legend of the Crystal Flames

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DustinTheWind, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

Suddenly, the man melted away into a thick goop, which quickly slithered next to Aali and reformed into the elf, now injecting her with a black goop.

A shadowshifter... Alaz thought, doing his best ignore the sudden wave of aching pain that replaced the rush of adrenaline. He did have a rather useful item for his kind, though now did not seem the best time to check and see if it had broken.

"It seems I was wrong,"

If you were right, I wouldn't be a Shvvlakcarr...

"but don't try anything fast, or I will end her life."

Alaz wondered what made the elf think that would stop Alaz if he really wanted to kill him.

"I am Morius Brood,and I know you Alaz, but you don't know me. Although, if I choose to reveal how, it may prove... compromising."

At this, Alaz's eyes squinted into glaring slits. How much did he know? How much has he told? How well could he keep his tongue? Suddenly, Spickla, who had been making a growl-like chittering ever since Mobius reformed, charged at the elf.

"Hivch!" Alaz shouted, pulling the sand underneath Spickla backwards. Alaz then told the horror to go underground and stay close, which he reluctantly obeyed. Alaz then turned back to Mobius.

"I have no reason to fight today." Alaz said simply, then turned back toward the path and began walking (rather laboriously) up the mountain. As he did so, he reached into his robes and searched. He soon felt a hard object, which he confirmed to be what he was looking for.

2. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

"I have no reason to fight today."

Morius watched as the Shvvlakcarr turned to climb the mountain once more. "Now we're getting somewhere." he thought, and released his hold on the girl, and the dark energy redrew itself into his eyes. He walked ahead, but turned to have one last look at Aali, who had now sunk to her knees on the ground. "A shame, she really is quite pretty."

His eyes lingered upon Aali for a bit longer, and he felt like apologizing for almost having made her a victim. Instead, he turned and clambered after Alaz in all the grace he could muster on such a rocky, uphill terrain.

3. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

"Won't you be coming Thydore?" called Rainin to the little creature hugging the treetrunk high above like a frightened child holding onto its fathers leg.

'Some guide,' Rainin had been very surprised upon returning to the group with the missing horses, which included Jenson. He had never seen a warlock duel before and had been instilled with a fearful respect for the scorpion-clan. The dark elf also made him particularly uncomfortable.

Despite being one of the few left in the group without serious injuries he felt surprisingly weak compared to the others. He had learned that most of the nobles were also powerful magic wielders as well. He had not been much exposed to such powerful types of magic as his fellow journeyers wielded and had decided change tactics and become an observer rather than to push the group.

This seemed to make Zeb happy, and their relationship improved, although Rainin still did not understand how Zeb could act as though the deat hof the weak were not and anavoidable fact. Weakness was what had failed to save his village. Rainin had sworn never to be weak again. For this reason he took a careful approach around such powerful wizards, hoping to learn from their talents.

Rainin paused by the Thydore's tree and waited as the group passed through the gates ahead of him.

4. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Once again, Scarlet was startled when a black clad Alfar jumped out of the very shadows and got in a fight with the scorpion clansman. If she hadn't been so exhausted, she would have done something. But even when the shadow man took one of their group members hostage, she was still to tired to do much of anything. It made her feel weak, useless, frail. She didn't like it.

Luckily, the black Alfar released his hostage and seemed to actually join the group. Taking hostages, getting in fights, and wanting to join the group? Alfars were odd people. Of course, if anyone knew that, it was Scarlet. Scarlet and Trucido.

~~~

Trucido was sitting back against a big tree when he saw the black clad man from before march past him. The man looked angry, very angry. Not from the expression on his face though, Trucido couldn't see that, it was the way he walked. Soon after the black clad man walked past, another black clad man walked past, except this man was different. He was an Alfar. Trucido could tell by the way he moved, there was a certain spring in his step unique to the grace of the Alfar. Of course, the ears were a dead give away too.

And then Trucido noticed yet another aspect of the man. He knew that man. Or at least, he knew of the man.

"Morius Brood. Morius Brood. Morius Brood. What ever could you be doing way out here? Shouldn't you be out snatching away the heart of yet another prince to be doomed? Oh yeah, you're supposed to be dead. We didn't take very kindly to your... Relationship did we?"

Trucido slid up the tree and stood up. He was feeling infinitely better now. His head was clear, his senses sharp, his reflexes keen. A little rest was all he needed. Knowing that Brood wasn't the most gentle of men, Trucido placed his hands in his coat, gripping two hidden throwing knives and readying a charge of green fire.

5. Forgotten_Memories

"Morius Brood. Morius Brood. Morius Brood. What ever could you be doing way out here? Shouldn't you be out snatching away the heart of yet another prince to be doomed? Oh yeah, you're supposed to be dead. We didn't take very kindly to your... Relationship did we?"

Morius only now noticed that the man who spoke was an elf. He should have guessed at his first glance, as the man was obscenely tall to be human, had an elegantly fair face, and hair the colour of sunlight- but he hadn't been paying much attention. Also, what might have thrown him off as he now noticed, is that this particular elf covered the tips of his ears with his hair.

"At least I don't try to disguise who I am, Fabre," Morius almost hissed the name. "And please, get down from there, you look like a monkey. I mean you no harm. As I've told your companion here, I simply wish to offer you the services of a warlock. You will come across several powerful magi, and certainly many magical defenses and boundaries, which my dark fire is all-too-suited-for. My personal interest in the final outcome of this quest is somewhat, different than yours. So, please, allow me to come along for the ride."

Morius offered a mischievous grin to his fellow Alfar, and continued walking to catch up to Alaz.

Rainin paused by the Thydore's tree and waited as the group passed through the gates ahead of him.

Now standing in front of the aged gates of the seemingly abandoned, strange town Thydore had lead them to, Morius hung to the back of the crowd, as he knew less of the group, and didn't think they would be too inclined to engage in conversation with him. As he walked under the meticulously arching gate, he felt a certain presence, and a rune on his upper left arm began to burn into his skin.

"There is something awfully disturbing about this place," he thought.

6. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Brood clearly didn't like Trucido very much. Of course, Trucido didn't like him very much either. Then again, Trucido didn't like anyone very much. But the warlock seemed to be on their side, and they needed the help. Of course, Scarlatinitia was as good a mage as any, and probably stronger than him, but he was right about the black fire. Scarlatinitia was great with red fire, but red fire just couldn't destroy like black fire.

Trucido didn't mind the disguise comment or the Fabre hiss. The man didn't understand. Trucido actually had a reputation and a business to uphold, he couldn't risk his human business partners to be deterred by him being an Alfar, nor could he allow too many people to lean where he was at anyone one time. There were far too many people who wanted the Assassins of Fabre dead.

'Seems like he's on our side' Trucido thought to himself. At least this person was a fellow Alfar and a noble, even if he was a horrible representation of either group.

"Trucy! Are you feeling better?" Scarlet bounded over towards Trucido and gave him a quick check over. It seemed like he was okay. Trucido on the other hand, did the same thing and noticed small bags forming under Scarlatanitia's eyes. She had been working hard and had tired herself. She would never let it show though, now matter how tired she was, she would never show any weakness in front of Trucido. It was in Trucido's nature to abandon the weak, and while Scarlet knew that he would never abandon her, she still refused to show weakness. "Well you look like you're doing well." Scarlet said with a partially forced smile. She clasped her hands behind her back and nodded her head in happiness. She was far to cute, far to kind, and far to strong for Trucido. How could a creature like Trucido be so blessed?

"I'm well Scarlatanitia. You on the other hand seem to be working hard. Come, it's time to move on, you can ride Aurum." Trucido led Scarlatanitia over to the horse and helped her up. He then walked alongside her to the gates where the group had gathered.

"Cozy"

7. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

After her little meeting with Morious Brood (her head still pounded from the lack of air, and her body hadn't wuite regained it's usual strength) Aali had ridden Jensen (whom Rainin had luckily found) to the spot where an abandoned monastery stood. As soon as they reached it Thydore scrambled up a tree and refused to come down. Even devoid of magical powers, Aali could feel the eerie, disturbing feeling that clung in the air. She could tell that the others felt it too. Cautiously she made her way into the village, examining the houses and buildings all left in various states of disrepair.

She looked behind her and realized most of the group was still hovering by the gate, the feeling in the air made her not want to hang around by herself. Slowly she made her way closer to the group again, sliding up alongside the tree with Thydore who still refused to come down despite Rainin's reasoning with him.

"Thydore, please come down. You are our guide and we could really use your help."

8. losthawken

"So what say you all? We can wait here until L'lyagi leaves and then scavenge for clues, which I have little hope of finding. We can try to follow the wizard, hoping he will lead us to our prize. Or we can walk right in and see for ourselves what kind of wizard he is and how we can get this done. We are all after the same thing aren't we?"

"Thydore, please come down. You are our guide and we could really use your help." Aali seemed to have the same desire to keep things moving as Rainin.

"Thydore or not, I say we make our way along the wall and find this L'lyagi. The temple is sure to be at the base of the cliff. If he doesn't already, I'm sure L'lyagi will soon know we gotten this far. Unless, of course, someone can magically hide our presence. Let's move slow and quiet and watch our backs!"

Rainin gave Thydore one last pleading look as he made his way to the front of the group. The closer he got to the gates the more the hairs on his neck tingled. It was an eerie place, Rainin wasn't sure if there were any inhabitants in decrepit buildings on the ledge, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know.

"Anyone have any better ideas?"

9. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

"So what say you all? We can wait here until L'lyagi leaves and then scavenge for clues, which I have little hope of finding. We can try to follow the wizard, hoping he will lead us to our prize. Or we can walk right in and see for ourselves what kind of wizard he is and how we can get this done. We are all after the same thing aren't we?

"Thydore or not, I say we make our way along the wall and find this L'lyagi. The temple is sure to be at the base of the cliff. If he doesn't already, I'm sure L'lyagi will soon know we gotten this far. Unless, of course, someone can magically hide our presence. Let's move slow and quiet and watch our backs!

"Anyone have any better ideas?"

Neil scratched his head thoughtfully. "Well, normally I'd say we should either attempt to negotiate or simply barge in and take what we came for. However, based on Aali's encounter, I don't think negotiations will work, and most of us are in far too bad a shape to attempt a raid. And yet, following him also seems unlikely. Given the sort of creatures he has guarding his hideaway, he probably has some sort of steed that at best is far too fast and at worst is impossible to track.

"So, yeah. No ideas here. I guess we can go with your plan."

10. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"I have a plan." Trucido said. By this time Trucdio had figured out that he was one of the only people in the group with any real experience in infiltration. "Sir Brood and I are they only ones in the group with any sort of invisibility or disguise magics, so we will act as scouts. We will infiltrate the mage's lair and search for anything useful. Meanwhile, the rest of you will storm the front. You don't have to actually fight or kill anything, but you need to at least provide a significant distraction. Scarlatanitia can hurl some fire balls, and I'm sure the rest of you have something that's at least a little flashy. Can you handle that Scarlatanitia?"

"Trucy! How many times do I have to tell you? I'm Scarlet!" Scarlet yelled and pounded lightly on Trucy's shoulder. "But yes. I should be able to do that."

"Good. Be careful Scarlet." Trucido said before vanishing with a crackle and a small flash of green. "Come on Brood" Said Trucido's disembodied voice. "I hope you can keep up" The voice said as it rushed down toward the mage's lair.

"Okay guys," Scarlet said to the rest of the group. "We've got to be big and scary and distract the mage and his monsters. So let's go!" Scarlet raised her arm high in the air as she led her horse forward.

11. losthawken

"We've got to be big and scary and distract the mage and his monsters. So let's go!"

"Seems like its been decided," mumbled Rainin.

He had a bad feeling about this plan. It was plain that L'lyagi was a powerful wizard, and he already seemed to know a great deal about the group already. A simple distraction probably wouldn't work against him and considering that most of the group was injured they stood a good chance at loosing members. But he wasn't asked...

"This looks like wizards work," he spoke in a normal tone that was likely not heard by Scarlet over the pounding of her horse hooves. "Aali, why don't we follow but hang towards the back with Neil. He's got an injured arm anyway, and I don't think that L'lyagi will be terribly excited to see you."

He gave Neil and the girl a knowing look, and said in a lower tone, "I for one know only a handful of spells. I would give us away more than add to the distraction. Its up to you, but there might be a sliver chance for diplomacy once the wizards are done."

As he moved forward with the group and waited for responses from Neil and Aali, he eyed the hovels behind the gate closely looking for any clues that could help them succeed.

12. yellowm&M

"We've got to be big and scary and distract the mage and his monsters. So let's go!" Scarelt rushed forwards in pounding of hooves the others following.

"This looks like wizards work, Aali, why don't we follow but hang towards the back with Neil. He's got an injured arm anyway, and I don't think that L'lyagi will be terribly excited to see you. I for one know only a handful of spells. I would give us away more than add to the distraction. Its up to you, but there might be a sliver chance for diplomacy once the wizards are done.""

She though about his propostion with interest. As much bas she hated to hang behind the group, she also didn't have any magical powers to speak of, and L'lyagi...well he certainly did. Plus Rainin was right that he probabaly didn't want to see her face, she might just do more harm than good.

"That sounds like a good idea. I'm great with a sword, but not with magic. Though on the diplomacy front...I do tend to be good at that but I'm not sure that I would be much help in this instance. Still we can see how everything plays out before we decide." She then slipped a hand in her pack and pulled ou the jagged shard of her sword. She slid it into the sliver scabbard hanging off of her belt; it wasn't much, but it was better than nothing until she could find a way to get a new sword.

13. Forgotten_Memories

"Come on Brood" Said Trucido's disembodied voice. "I hope you can keep up" The voice said as it rushed down toward the mage's lair.

"Tch," was all Morius said as he watched the handsome elf fade into his surroundings with a flash of green. The best plans come from the alfar, and this one is particularly cunning. I'd better watch out for him. He then stepped over to where the front of the cathedral cast its furthest shadow. The onyx stone imbued to one of his lavishly huge rings shone an impossible black light, and Morius stepped into the shadows, leaving the rest of the party behind. He slid along the shadows of the building, heading with the assassin into L'lyagi's abode.

14. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

As Scarlet marched forward humming a little tune with her head held high and a smile on her face. Scarlet was an innocent creature and still didn't fully comprehend the concept of fighting being potentially dangerous. She had been hurt, her friends had been hurt, she had killed, she had seen allies be killed, but it never seemed to actually sink in. She was far to innocent a being. Now, Scarlet's smile wasn't because she enjoyed fighting, she really didn't care either way when it came to fighting. Fighting wasn't particularly fun, but it wasn't horrible or boring either. It just was. She was smiling because Trucy had trusted her to do something, and worried about her safety. Trucido wasn't a particularly kind person. The only person Scarlet had ever seen her betrothed ever be genuinely kind to was herself. Her father, just respectful; business partners, same; family, he had none; friends, he had none. Scarlet was the only family and the only friend that Trucy had, so she did everything in her power to be whatever she could for him. If that meant a tool, a puppet, a weapon, a doll, a lover, a spouse, someone to confide in, whatever, she would do it.

So Scarlet held her head high and marched forward. Of course, Scarlet didn't grasp the concept that half of her group was not suited for the distractions that they were preparing, so when she noticed that the non mages in the group were hanging back, it seemed like a cowardly thing.

"Hey! What are you guys doing way back there? You should be up at the front of the group! Heads held high! Swords raised high! Voices rising high! We're the distraction! Come on!" As Scarlet gave her little motivational speech she raised her hand high and enunciated each sentence with a little punch to the sky. It seemed that she liked her little speech and made a little song out of it.

"Heads held high! Swords raised high! Voices rising high! We're the distraction! Let's go!" She repeated her knew little chant and pointed towards the cathedral towering before them.

15. yellowm&M

Aali, Rainin, and Neil let themselves fall to the back of the group as everyone approached the temple building. So far they were going unnoticed which made Aali feel better, she would rather avoid a confrontation, she was legitimately trying to help after all. But then she heard Scarlet shouting from the front of the group.

"Hey! What are you guys doing way back there? You should be up at the front of the group! Heads held high! Swords raised high! Voices rising high! We're the distraction! Come on!"

So much for avoiding a confrontaion Aali thought to herself, Scarlet had now started a chant-like song "Heads held high! Swords raised high! Voices rising high! We're the distraction! Let's go!"

Raising her voice above that of Scarlet she said "I would love to be upfront helping, but my sword is broken and my earlier confrontation with L'lyagi makes me think that him seeing me really won't do any favors. I think I can be of more help from the back."

16. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"I would love to be upfront helping, but my sword is broken and my earlier confrontation with L'lyagi makes me think that him seeing me really won't do any favors. I think I can be of more help from the back."

"What are you talking about? You don't have to fight or anything silly! We're just distracting them. You guys have to stand up front and wave your swords around and yell and stuff. How are you going to be intimidating and stuff way back there? Where's your distracting spirit?!"

17. yellowm&M

"What are you talking about? You don't have to fight or anything silly! We're just distracting them. You guys have to stand up front and wave your swords around and yell and stuff. How are you going to be intimidating and stuff way back there? Where's your distracting spirit?!"

"It went away, sorry. And I don't think effect would be as good with a broken sword."

She pulled the sword shard out of it's sheath and waved it around a bit, it looked a bit pathetic. "See? We want people who look strong and powerful up there for a distraction; not a tiny little red-head with a broken sword."

18. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Excuses excuses." Scarlet said as she jumped down from her horse and walked over to Aali. She pulled a small stone from the pouch at her side. It was a tiny thing, nothing special; just a tiny little red gem.

"Look," Scarlet said as she put the stone on the top of the broken sword. For some reason, the stone stuck and held fast. "You don't need a big old sword or giant muscles to look scary. You just need a little fire." After she said that she tapped the stone and whispered "Scarlatanitia" under her breath. Immediately flames burst from the broken sword, forming a newly complete sword of flame.

"It'll only last for an hour, or until you sheathe it, but it'll keep you from whining right? So come on! We're almost there!" Scarlet jumped back onto her horse and resumed her chant louder than ever. "Sing with me!"

19. yellowm&M

Aali admired her new firey sword. Impressive she thought. She could live with this for an hour. She smiled at Scarlet who was climbing onto her horse again.

"Thanks for the sword. It's definately more flashy than the broken one." While she stiill had nagging doubts about facing L'lyagi again she could tell there was absolutely no way Scarlet would let her not participate in the front. With a resigned sigh she had Jensen follow Scarlet's horse, anyways Scarlet was right, they were just the distraction; hopefully nothing bad would happen other than a couple irritated temple dwellers.

20. DustinTheWind

"Voices rising high! We're the distraction! Let's go!"

"Sure," Neil grumbled, "because announcing to the world that we're a distraction isn't counter-intuitive at all. Besides, look at us! Aali has no weapon and a twisted ankle, Tricido's got a concussion, Thydore is petrified with fear, Alaz is barely alive, you're flame is certainly burning low by now, and I can't draw a bow with my arm like this! This is suicide!"

"Excuses excuses," Scarlet said as she put the stone on the top of the broken sword. Immediately flames burst from the sword, forming a newly complete sword of flame.

"Okay that solves one half of one problem, but we still..." he sighed and drew his dagger. "You know what? Screw it. I've had a good life."

With a war cry, the group charged into the courtyard. It was filled with monsters.

The two giant eagles sat upon one of the buildings' roofs, tearing at an unidentifiable hunk of flesh. A wyvern sat uncomfortably by one of the building's doors, numerous satchels and bags tied to its back. The mother Lagomorph lay silent in the corner of the yard, morosely staring at the corpse of her progeny laying on her paws. Two additional creatures were running through the yard, nipping playfully at each other. One had the general appearance of a great lion with red fur, but with a longer face, scaly draconian claws, great black-feathered wings, and a tail tipped with vicious-looking spikes. The second was much smaller, about the size of a dog. Its gaunt body was vaguely mammalian in appearance, but its smooth skin was hairless save for a beardlike patch of fur along the underside of its neck. Its lipless mouth ended in a bony, toothed beak.

As the group entered the creatures all looked up, many regarding the newcomers with curious eyes. However, as soon as the Lagomorph saw the group she let out a furious bellow and charged. The other monsters followed suit.

```````````````````````````````````

As the rest of the party took on the beasts, Morius and Trucido snuck invisibly into one of the buildings. After a few minutes of searching, they came upon what appeared to be a frequently-used study. Various scrolls and papers were scattered upon the desk and floor, and assorted trinkets littered the room. A magical orb, placed carefully on a bronze lampstand, provided the room with a reddish light. The pair entered and began searching the papers in hope of finding a marked map or other such clue.

"You may as well drop the facade. Not all of us are entirely dependent on sight."

Whirling around, the two saw a black-furred Flett standing in the doorway, clad in brown wizarding robes.

"Your companion was advised to leave when she was brought here an hour ago, and I heartily recommend the same to you. Whatever your purpose, I highly doubt L'lyagi will be at all understanding when he finds you here."

21. losthawken

Rainin seriously wondered how someone as talented in magic as Scarlet could be so oblivious to reality. A flaming sword against the most adept wizard of red flame? Then again, she did seem to depend a great deal on those gems...

As the troupe rushed into the courtyard their imminent doom was confirmed by the sight of an entire menagerie of terrifying creatures laying in wait. Rainin’s eye was immediately caught by the sight of the mourning lagomorph. The creature’s one good eye also caught sight of Rainin and was immediately filled with rage.

Rainin looked at the lifeless form of the creature’s child, the one that he had killed, as the beast began to charge. In an instant he realized that the fury of the beast was largely his fault. He had always loved and respected all creatures, and only attacked because he was certain that the creature was a feral monster intent on devouring them.

It would be a narrow escape if they survived the monsters, and then they would have to deal with L’lyagi. Rainin knew what he had to do.

“Try not to kill any of them!” Rainin shouted as he charged his horse to the front of the group. He briefly saw Scarlet beam as though she thought she had inspired his sudden courage, but he paid no attention to her.

Rainin quickly summoned the voice casting charm of green fire his mother had used so often in Rainin’s youth. His voice thundered throughout the courtyard as he charged straight toward the lagomorph that likewise bounded towards him.

“L’LYAGI!”

He narrowly escaped the jaws of the beast as his horse dodged to the side and then cut beneath the beast’s belly. With pounding hooves his steed approached the dead progeny of the pursuing monster. He breathed a sigh of relief as he saw that it was still there. The hilt of his sword still protruded from the dead monsters jaw.

Leaping from his horse Rainin grabbed his sword and held its bloody blade high in the air as he stood beside the lifeless corpse. The monster was almost upon him.

‘If I survive this, I’m really going to have to learn some REAL magic,’ He thought as his doom descended upon him. Rainin chuckled, ‘Perhaps L’lyagi will teach me.’

“L’LYAGI!” he bellowed the wizards name again.

As Rainin chanted the only other of the two blue flame spells that he knew, the blade he held became frosted and from it a silent vapor drifted to the ground. Placing his free hand on the flat of the blade he forced the now brittle sword against his knee, snapping it neatly in two.

With the pommel of one half of his sword and the broken edge of the other raised high, Rainin closed his eyes and waited for his almost certain death.

'Well, I hope this counts for a distraction.'

22. Forgotten_Memories

Morius stepped out of the shadows of the room, and habitually flicked his hair, which sparkled in the red light as if it were dowsed with gallons of glitter. With a hand on his hip, he regarded the cat-man vigorously for a second. His feline features expressed calmness, although it was difficult to tell, as the race's facial structure and muscle build-up was so different compared to that of the alfar and human.

The rune tatooed on his left shoulder began to pulse now. It had burned harder when they entered the room, and Morius expected it was due to the potent magical orb - he could feel its energies calling out to him, the power which it held was truly lustful. But now he realised the true danger was this Flett before him, clothed in what appeared to be apprentice regalia.

Morius smirked viciously. "What makes you think we want him to be understanding?"

23. DustinTheWind

"What makes you think we want him to be understanding?"

"You have violently trespassed in the home of a powerful wizard and killed one of his familiars, and you are now trying to steal his life's work from under his nose. His understanding is all that stands between you and death.

"But I suppose if you are still here, you do not hold any respect for any of that. Very well, you have been given ample opportunity to leave. My conscience is clear. But do not make the mistake of thinking that I will hold anything back simply because have not directly offended me. You seek to ruin my friend's life, and I cannot let that happen."

With a yell, the Flett quickly extended his arms toward the two. Columns of yellow fire rapidly shot forth from them, aiming directly at the pair's chests.

24. Forgotten_Memories

"But I suppose if you are still here, you do not hold any respect for any of that. Very well, you have been given ample opportunity to leave. My conscience is clear. But do not make the mistake of thinking that I will hold anything back simply because have not directly offended me. You seek to ruin my friend's life, and I cannot let that happen."

With a yell, the Flett quickly extended his arms toward the two. Columns of yellow fire rapidly shot forth from them, striking the pair directly in the chest.

It took him a second to realise what was happening, but by then it was too late. Morius was knocked back into a table with several stacks of parchment and books. Knocking over a mountain of paper, he slid off the table and collapsed onto his side. Pain shot up his arm and shoulder, but the worst was on his chest. It felt like there was a massive weight sitting on his chest, and it was difficult to breathe, let alone get up.

He coughed in an attempt to let out the air trapped in his lungs, as several pieces of paper fluttered to settle on the cold stone floor from the result of his impact with the table. Knowing he had to act quickly, Morius whirled around on the spot, belligerently forcing himself into a kneeling position to face the Flett. With his right hand, he clutched his chest to control his breathing, and extended his left. His cloak magically uplifted itself and the crescent moon amulet which hung around his neck pulsed. The same thick, black liquid began to ooze from his eyes as when he had held Aali hostage. The walls drooped with a black ichor, which covered the doorway like a waterfall would a cave, trapping the three in L'lyagi's study. The red luminescence from the orb began to dim as well.

"I won't hold back either." Morius voice echoed hollowly in the tiny enclosure.

25. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

While Morius was struck directly in the chest by the Flett's attack, Trucido wasn't nearly that slow. Trucido easily dodged the burst of yellow fire and prepared to "Negotiate". Of course, it seemed that Morius also had plans. Using a thick black ooze of black fire he trapped the trio in the room.

"Morius, Morius. There is no need for us to fight." Trucido said in a mocking voice. "Our dear friend has merely misunderstood the circumstances present." Trucido turned towards the Flett, a mock smile on his face. "We are not here to steal your friend's work, we are merely here on business. As anyone can understand, the best price for something is zero. We would have liked to simply discover the information we needed and left quietly, we never intended to steal anything, only learn. But it seems that we now need to pay a price. So you have two options now, you can sit with us and strike an agreeable deal for the information we need, or we can leave with the information we need with the cost of a life or two. It's just business."

Trucido gave another smile and pulled a glowing green dagger that swirled with raw green fire, wind, and electricity. "I am a man of my word, and with this Dagger of Fabre, I swear that should I acquire the information that I seek, no harm will come to you, your master, or either of your lively hoods. Of course, should we not be able to peacefully acquire the information we need... You and your master will have to face the greatest assassin alive, the last of the Fabre, a rogue warlock, one of the greatest fire mages of the Ignis family, and a number of other warriors."

So what shall it be? Do we have a deal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.