Aeverlest: Legend of the Crystal Flames

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DustinTheWind, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

"...So you have two options now, you can sit with us and strike an agreeable deal for the information we need, or we can leave with the information we need with the cost of a life or two. It's just business."

Morius didn't like the other elf, but Trucido did have a point. Why would they need to kill someone, if they could simply negotiate the information? Maybe because it would be fun, but then again, Morius didn't want to waste such a powerful attack on this wizard, when the much stronger L'lyagi might be around. Black fire was especially draining.

Nevertheless, he didn't let down the drooping walls, but watched the Flett earnestly, as Trucido attempted to come to an arrangement.

2. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

The Flett sighed. "You still do not understand. The information you seek, the location of the Crystal of the Crimson Greatflame, is my friend's life's work. He has spent almost his entire life searching for it, researching it, traveling to the farthest reaches of Aeverlest hellbent on finding it. Now old and approaching death, he prepares is to return to a place he has searched often and where he is convinced it lies. I am fairly certain it is a futile endeavor, yet I shall not betray L'lyagi's trust. He is certainly not about to let anyone take it before him, mon Ich least of all. The two have an...ill history."

"So you have two options now, you can sit with us and strike an agreeable deal for the information we need, or we can leave with the information we need with the cost of a life or two. It's just business.

"I am a man of my word, and with this Dagger of Fabre, I swear that should I acquire the information that I seek, no harm will come to you, your master, or either of your lively hoods. Of course, should we not be able to peacefully acquire the information we need... You and your master will have to face the greatest assassin alive, the last of the Fabre, a rogue warlock, one of the greatest fire mages of the Ignis family, and a number of other warriors.

So what shall it be? Do we have a deal?"

The Flett waved his hand. "Your threats do not frighten me. The power contained in those who reside here is greater than perhaps your greatest imaginings. And yet, I do not wish for the shedding of blood or the loss of life from either party. If you are indeed ready to parley, perhaps an arrangement can be reached.

"Now, L'lyagi is convinced that you have arrived here purely as mon Ich's stooges, but I am not so quick to judge. Tell me, what are your motives in seeking the Greatflame?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leaping from his horse Rainin grabbed his sword and held its bloody blade high in the air as he stood beside the lifeless corpse. The monster was almost upon him.

“L’LYAGI!” he bellowed the wizards name again.

"Arrua!" A voice echoed across the courtyard. At once all the monsters halted; even the Lagomorph who glared at Ranin with murderous eyes as it sat quivering with rage. Then, seemingly from out of nowhere, a series of fireballs and small explosions knocked the entire party to the ground. As they struggled back to their feet, the voice called out again.

"So, a warning wasn't enough was it? You had to keep coming, walking to your own deaths. Apparently the rattling wasn't enough; you had to stick your hand in the viper's nest to be sure it was occupied."

L'lyagi emerged from one of the buildings and unleashed another rain of fireballs, knocking the group back to the ground. A few adventurers attempted magical attacks, but the old wizard simply counterspelled without a second thought.

"You miraculously all survived attacking my familiars, and yet you keep coming. Do I have to kill someone to get my point across?"

More fireballs.

"Because I will, you know. I'm not about to let my life's work just slip away like that. The entire world revolves around that crystal, and I'm not mon Ich just cart off with it and do Faces know what twisted things with it.

"Now, I will give you one final opportunity, not because I want to but because my friend dislikes bloodshed: get the nine hells off my mountain and do not return until I am long since gone. If you refuse, you will end the day as a charred and eviscerated mass of ashy tissue no longer even recognizable as human!"

3. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Now, L'lyagi is convinced that you have arrived here purely as mon Ich's stooges, but I am not so quick to judge. Tell me, what are your motives in seeking the Greatflame?"

"Mon Ich's stooges? That is a horribly harsh way to put things. No, I don't believe any of us could be described as that. Each of us was promised anything and everything that we desired in exchange for obtaining the great flames. Personally, my plans are strictly personal. The extermination of a certain foul creature from the face of the earth. The others, I don't know. But I know this. Should mon Ich's plans not sit well with us, his plans won't succeed. I am one of the world's best assassins and my betrothed and her family are mon Ich and the royal family's royal guards. With just a word both the King and mon Ich can die within the day. So no, we are not his stooges. We may be pawns in his plans, but he is also a pawn in ours. He has no power over us. So what will it be? Can we agree upon something? Assistance, fame, fortune, in exchange for the great flame?"

"Mr. Fireball Sir!" Scarlet shouted from her horse after hearing the mage's threats and warnings and being knocked down by the man's fireballs time and time again. The man was powerful. At least if not more powerful as scarlet at her prime. And while he could rattle off a powerful spell quickly, Scarlet would need to prepare a large magic circle, which was a timely process. She'd have to negotiate.

"We don't intend to harm you Mister! We only want to know where the great flame is! My betrothed needs to find it in order to fulfill his life's goals, and I want to return it to it's home. It's been so long since the Ignis have been able to study it's roaring majesty. We miss it. We don't want to fight! We want to work together!"

4. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

"Now, I will give you one final opportunity, not because I want to but because my friend dislikes bloodshed: get the nine hells off my mountain and do not return until I am long since gone. If you refuse, you will end the day as a charred and eviscerated mass of ashy tissue no longer even recognizable as human!"

'Well it seems like negotiating is out. ' Rainin thought as he tried to dodged a ball of flame, which was tricky as he was still being blocked from moving very far by the enraged lagomorph. 'This guy could take us all on at once.'

"We don't intend to harm you Mister! We only want to know where the great flame is! My betrothed needs to find it in order to fulfill his life's goals, and I want to return it to it's home. It's been so long since the Ignis have been able to study it's roaring majesty. We miss it. We don't want to fight! We want to work together!"

'By the flames! That girl is going to get us all killed! I hope L'lyagi like has a thing for red heads...'

5. Forgotten_Memories

"Mon Ich's stooges? That is a horribly harsh way to put things. No, I don't believe any of us could be described as that. Each of us was promised anything and everything that we desired in exchange for obtaining the great flames..."

Yes, anything and everything.

"my plans are strictly personal."

Morius' were too, and he wasn't about to reveal his motives at present, especially not in front of the elf. Instead, he decided to join in the negotiations with a persuasion of his own. Morius rose from his kneeling position - his breathing had returned to normal, and he placed his arms by his sides calmly. The luminescance of the room emanated back into existance, but the door was still covered with thick, oozing, black fire.

When he spoke, the hallowness had left his voice, and he attempted to sound as friendly as he could, for a change.

"Surely we all seek the flame for a very similar purpose. And I doubt that something so great and potent as the Crimson flame isn't shareable." He spoke the last word as though it pained him, nonetheless producing an amicable smirk.

6. DustinTheWind

"Personally, my plans are strictly personal. The extermination of a certain foul creature from the face of the earth. The others, I don't know. Can we agree upon something? Assistance, fame, fortune, in exchange for the great flame?"

"Surely we all seek the flame for a very similar purpose. And I doubt that something so great and potent as the Crimson flame isn't shareable."

The Flett nodded. "Indeed it is shareable, Alfar. I feared you sought to posses the Great Flames for your selves. However, if you truly seek them for purposes as these, perhaps cooperation is indeed possible."

He waved his hand at the curtain of black fire, dissipating it. "Come with me. Perhaps we can convince my friend to allow you to join us."

The old wizard paused, stunned. "Your name is Ignis?" For a moment his face softened, then twisted back into a visage of anger. "It's a lie! If you were of Ignis' line, if you truly wished for cooperation, why would you find it necessary to attack this place?"

He summoned another fireball in his hand and held it threateningly aloft, but this time did not throw it.

7. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Come with me. Perhaps we can convince my friend to allow you to join us."

"Good, I'm glad to see that you are indeed an agreeable person." Trucido said with a smirk. This was good, very good. Maybe they could still avoid any unnecessary violence. While violence was often the simplest and most effective solution, it was not always the best one. It would have been good to get their information and leave, but if they could also gain the assistance of a powerful mage...

"It's a lie! If you were of Ignis' line, if you truly wished for cooperation, why would you find it necessary to attack this place?"

"We haven't attacked yet! Our earlier encounter with your pets was unfortunate. We were startled and acted hastily without contemplating the full effects of our actions... We made a mistake. But look! Rainin has come not to attack your pets once more, put to plead for forgiveness!" Scarlet prayed that the mage would see their way. He had to.

"And I am an Ignis! Scarlatinitia Aestus Incendia Exuro Aduro Ignis!" Scarlet raised a hand and formed an intricate, masterpiece of a magic circle in front of her, made entirely from fire. Any mage with a knowledge of magic circles or the Ignis line would recognize that this was not a circle for enhancing attack spells, but rather a circle that provided proof of one's family. The Ignis family's circle was very unique, clearly distinguishable from another families in that only Ignis can form it instantaneously without focusing, and... The fire that formed it was white. Not white fire, but white colored red fire. That was how hot and clear it formed. And only the Ignis had the knowledge to form a circle that actually fed itself and made itself rather than another spell.

"Don't you see! We don't want to fight!"

8. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

A fireball thrown by L'laygi slammed into Aali's stomach, knocking her to the ground gasping for breath. It singed some of her clothing, but the intent seemed to be to knock them over not burn them.

Why is the distraction always put under attack? Aali thought to herself irritably, she knew it was the point of a distraction of course, but the old wizard was many times more powerful than their most powerful members and especially a girl like her with no actual magic ability. Another fireball whizzed over her head as she instinctively ducked, manaing to avoid it.

When Scarlet spoke Aali felt like she could shoot the girl He's way past reasoning! she's going to get us all killed!

"We don't intend to harm you Mister! We only want to know where the great flame is! My betrothed needs to find it in order to fulfill his life's goals, and I want to return it to it's home. It's been so long since the Ignis have been able to study it's roaring majesty. We miss it. We don't want to fight! We want to work together"

Aali shot a look at Rainin, who was next to her, his face held the same expression hers did.

"If we die because of her..." She didn't finish the sentance.

"Your name is Ignis?" For a moment his face softened, then twisted back into a visage of anger. "It's a lie! If you were of Ignis' line, if you truly wished for cooperation, why would you find it necessary to attack this place?"

Aali tensed up, ready to duck a the new fireball glowing in L'laygi's hand, but he didn't throw it as Scarlet spok again.

"We haven't attacked yet! Our earlier encounter with your pets was unfortunate. We were startled and acted hastily without contemplating the full effects of our actions... We made a mistake. But look! Rainin has come not to attack your pets once more, put to plead for forgiveness! And I am an Ignis! Scarlatinitia Aestus Incendia Exuro Aduro Ignis! Don't you see! We don't want to fight!"

As she said her name the redhead created an intricate family cricle made of a white colored fire. Aali let out a silent whistle, not only was the magic impressive looking, but L'laygi had to be convinced by this, family circles were hard to fake, especially one like the Ignis circle. She held her breath, hoping that Scarlet had managed to convince the old wizard, not daring to move or make any sound for fear of angering him again.

9. Forgotten_Memories

"Come with me. Perhaps we can convince my friend to allow you to join us."

The apprentice dissipated Morius' trap of black fire as if it were nothing, and motioned for them to follow him.

I may have underestimated him. Morious thought to himself. Nonetheless, he casually followed the Flett out of the enclosure, with his hands in the deep pockets of his trousers, a few steps behind Trucido.

10. DustinTheWind

"And I am an Ignis! Scarlatinitia Aestus Incendia Exuro Aduro Ignis!" Scarlet raised a hand and formed an intricate, masterpiece of a magic circle in front of her, made entirely from fire. Any mage with a knowledge of magic circles or the Ignis line would recognize that this was not a circle for enhancing attack spells, but rather a circle that provided proof of one's family. The Ignis family's circle was very unique, clearly distinguishable from another families in that only Ignis can form it instantaneously without focusing, and... The fire that formed it was white. Not white fire, but white colored red fire. That was how hot and clear it formed. And only the Ignis had the knowledge to form a circle that actually fed itself and made itself rather than another spell.

"Don't you see! We don't want to fight!"

"Your words contradict your actions, and yet..." The old man sighed. "You are indeed of Ignis' line, so I would be disrespecting him if I didn't trust you." He lowered his hand, dispelling the fireball he held.

"Perhaps I have acted rashly. And yet, I do not apologize. I may have acted on impulse, but my actions were completely justified. Ignis or no, you are a servant of mon Ich and came here to steal valuable knowlege."

Noticing the Flett at the doorway of one of the buildings, he motioned to him. "Mount up, Blakkat. We're leaving."

"Higgen, they are not what they appear. They are, or at least claim to be, seeking the flames for their own purposes, not mon Ich's use."

"So?" the old man grunted, adjusting a saddle on the Wyvern.

"They could prove useful. Perhaps we can make an arrangement with them..."

"And perhaps mon Ich will give up playing lapdog for the royals! No, Blakkat, they will only slow us down."

"Then perhaps we could send them another way. Or go another way ourselves. All I ask, Higgen, is that we try to utilize this resource."

"Your bleeding heart has failed to take into consideration that, despite their claims of assistance, they still killed Prolagus. Why should I even give them the time of day?"

"...Ignis."

L'lyagi threw his hands up into the air and turned to the group. "Fine! Fine! Tell me what you're after so I can make my rebuttal specific. And let me warn you, missy, the trump card of your name gets you no further than this!"

11. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Fine! Fine! Tell me what you're after so I can make my rebuttal specific. And let me warn you, missy, the trump card of your name gets you no further than this!"

"Thank you thank you thank you!" Scarlet yelled as she jumped off her horse and ran over to where Trucido, the mage, and the kitty were standing. "I want to return the flame to it's original resting place, and Trucy..."

"Trucido," Trucido cut in, "wants to take the flame back to mon Ich, even if i'm just going to steal it back anyways, for the power to destroy... those." As Trucido said this, as he nodded to the near by wyvern. For just a moment, just an instance, his eyes flickered with a savage glow, a killing intent shooting out from them.

"I respect that the wyverns are under your control, but I refuse to travel with them. They are vile, foul beasts that slaughter innocent lives." An image of Trucido's beloved little sister flashed through Trucido's mind. She was only 12. And Trucido loved her more than anything else. But dragons. Dragons. Dragons killed her, slaughtered her. And they did the same to the rest of Trucido's family. They were animals, they were monsters, demons, abominations. And it took every thing Trucido had not to slay the beasts on the spot.

"You have plenty of other animals to ride, but if you ride those beasts I will have to stay behind. Because if I have to travel with them, I will travel with their corpses." Trucido's eyes flashed again, the savage eye of a beast seemed to shine through them. He laid a hand on the Dagger of Fabre at his side as he eyed the beasts.

"Um," Scarlet spoke up, "Trucy has an... aversion with dragons... So could you... Um... ride a horse?" Knowing that her name wouldn't get her any farther, she opened her eyes wide and gave her best puppy face. There were few men who had ever resisted it. Even Trucy had trouble with it. She didn't like seeing Trucido like this. He scared her when he was like this. But this was who Trucido was, and she had always accepted that, even if she didn't like it. She just wanted him to be happy.

"Pwease..."

12. DustinTheWind

"I will not allow any of the Greatflames to come into mon Ich's possession for any length of time, nor will I allow your group to inflict any further harm on my pets. However, if the lady truly seeks to restore the flame, I suppose I can accept your help."

He pulled a scrap of parchment out of a pocket and handed it to them. It's appears to be a map, covered in illegible notes, diagrams, and routes. "The flame is somewhere in the Geld; a vast desert at the south end of the kingdom. Doubtless, the scorpion is familiar with it. On the map I have diagrammed the most probable locations of the crystal, as well as the most efficient routes for finding it. Get to the Geld, look around. If you somehow manage to find it without dehydrating yourselves, stay near it until I show up. Make smoke signals or something. Blakkat and I will search for a colleague of ours in a separate part of the country, and will join you in the Geld after either finding him or giving up.

"There, you won't have to travel with the dragon, and I won't have to travel with you. Everybody's happy. Any objections?"

13. losthawken

"There, you won't have to travel with the dragon, and I won't have to travel with you. Everybody's happy. Any objections?"

Rainin peaked around the obstructive bulk of the lagomorph.

"No objections here," wandering in a scorching desert searching for something that isn't there was certainly a better option than being scorched and then eaten.

14. yellowm&M

"I will not allow any of the Greatflames to come into mon Ich's possession for any length of time, nor will I allow your group to inflict any further harm on my pets. However, if the lady truly seeks to restore the flame, I suppose I can accept your help. The flame is somewhere in the Geld; a vast desert at the south end of the kingdom. Doubtless, the scorpion is familiar with it. On the map I have diagrammed the most probable locations of the crystal, as well as the most efficient routes for finding it. Get to the Geld, look around. If you somehow manage to find it without dehydrating yourselves, stay near it until I show up. Make smoke signals or something. Blakkat and I will search for a colleague of ours in a separate part of the country, and will join you in the Geld after either finding him or giving up.

Aali looked at the map, damn this guy should work on his penmanship she thought to herself, still she was pretty sure it would be fairly easy to figure out after a little bit. She looked back up at L'lyagi

"Sound like a plan, lets start."

15. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"None." Trucido said as he snatched up the map and began to walk back to where they had come from. He knew that if they didn't leave soon they he wouldn't be able to control himself any longer. "Come Scarlatanitia, it's time to go."

"Coming Trucy" Scarlet said as she curtsied to the wizard and followed after the assassin.

"We're leaving!" Trucido yelled to the other warriors. "Get on your horses now or you'll be left behind!"

16. DustinTheWind

"Sound like a plan, lets start."

L'lyagi nodded, and he and Blakkat mounted the wyvern. "Feel free to take anything you need from the monastery. You were probably going to steal it anyway, so I may as well give you permission." And with that, they flew off.

17. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Feel free to take anything you need from the monastery. You were probably going to steal it anyway, so I may as well give you permission."

Scarlet looked around at the group, noticing that quite a number of them were injured and weaponless. While she wanted to leave now like Trucido said, she knew that they couldn't.

"Um... Trucy?" Scarlet asked, looking up at the assassin with her biggest puppy dog eyes. "Can't we wait for just a few minutes? Pwease? We could really use some of the supplies in there."

There was only two things in the entire world that Trucido had a weakness to, dragons (Which was more like an anti weakness), and Scarlet. "No"

But Scarlet just kept looking at him. "No"

She didn't stop.

"Fine. We'll take ten minutes" Trucido said with a grunt. "But that's it"

"Yay!" Scarlet shouted. "Hear that! You guys have ten minutes!"

18. DustinTheWind

Over the years, between L'lyagi and other occupants, the monastery had been stripped of most of its treasures, yet in ten minutes the group was able to scrounge up a small handful of items. In the studies, Scarlet found three crystals -- two whites and a red -- as well as a small number of poorly-labeled balms and potions. There were also a good number of scrolls and tomes detailing different red fire incantations; the simpler of these Ranin collected, the more complex Scarlet. Items inscribed with magical patterns were virtually absent, but Morius was able to find a ring inscribed with what appeared to be a counterspell against ice, which he quickly added to his collection. An understocked armory provided new but apparently non-magical weapons for Aali, Ranin, and Neil (who, realizing his left arm would be worthless until he could find a healer to set the bone, decided he had best develop proficiency in a one-handed weapon.) Zeb found a strong oaken staff with a crystal embedded in the head, likely once belonging to a powerful wizard, which he took in place of his own. In what appeared to be an old jeweler's workshop, Alaz found a small jar of chips, shavings, and dust resultant from the carving of gems and crystals. At best, they were enchanted before carving, resulting in fire-infused sand; at worst they weren't enchanted yet, but could be enchanted later. Either way, they could be valuable. Filling out the collection, the group picked up a number of potentially valuable trinkets to sell, the glowing orb from the study, and a bag of coins -- not a fortune by any stretch of the imagination, but good travel funds.

The rest of the day was spent climbing back down the mountain. Another night was spent in Binnacorn's inn.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The party traveled south for two days under Alaz's lead. He appeared to be following no visible landmarks, seemingly guided along the shortest route by another means. The first night they spent at mon Ich's pyramid. He asked few questions, but did spend ample time in another room with Thydore, speaking in an indecipherable language.

The next day was fairly uneventful, save for a rather expensive crossing of the Edu River: an important thoroughfare between the merchant town of Riverport and the capital city of Hancastle.

It is now late in the afternoon, and the party is traveling through a forest. Weary from the day's travels, the group is beginning to search for a place to camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

le GOALS TEMPORARY:
    1: Find a place to camp
    2: Develop the scene a bit until something happens, which it will

le GOALS ULTIMATE:

1: Travel to the Geld and find the Red Crystal Flame
    2: Find the other crystal flames

19. DustinTheWind

Suddenly, the forest around the party erupts into a maelstrom of light and sound. At the same time, arrows innumerable fly from the foliage at the group. Most of them miss, and none make any sort of lethal contact, but a few find their mark in legs and arms. Two dozen figures leap from the trees and bushes and rush at the group. They wear light armor, much of it mismatched, and attack with great speed and precision, having rehearsed this sort of attack hundreds of times before. Many wield swords and bracers but bolas, nets, and other "capturing" devices punctuate their weaponry.

Among the assailants, three stand out. The first is a woman in a leotard, wielding a pair of long daggers and attacking with very light, fluid motions. As she attacks she throws a variety of flames, mostly yellow, which she controls with uncanny ability, even turning spells of all flame thrown at her back upon the caster. Second is a man dressed in leather armor, but carrying a wizarding staff. Around his neck is a talisman with a single blue gem embedded in the center. Most notable about him are his eyes: while his right one stares fixedly at the ground, the left darts around in an almost feverish paranoia, which combined with a grin spotted by missing teeth gives him a frighteningly maddened visage. Unlike his graceful companion, he swings his staff aloud with clumsy wrath, screaming magical chants and incantations speckled with profanities.

The last is a tall, powerfully built man; a head taller than any other present. Though he carries a large sword, he is every bit as fast as his companions. Unlike the others, his armor is consistently matching and well-fitted, as if it were made for him. In the center of his breastplate is engraved the simple symbol of a clenched fist.

20. losthawken

As the initial surprise of the ambush waned Rainin began to smile. THIS was what he had signed onto this journey for. What better time to try out a few new tricks. The wizard’s armory hadn’t held any swords to Rainin’s liking, and he had found that the sapling from which he had carved his new staff to be of an excellent quality. The trees of L’lyagi’s mountain seemed to have adsorbed some unique properties and made ideal fighting staves. Additionally, the tomes that Rainin had snatched had been very interesting reading over the past couple days.

With some tutoring from Scarlet, whom he still found annoying though helpful, his staff had been etched with ancient runes that spiraled along its length. With a whisper of an incantation the runes began to glow a soft red.

The shadow from behind him caught his well trained eye. With only a moment to react Rainin ducked and twirled his staff. The net above him incinerated instantly in the flaming wake left behind his now enchanted staff.

Turning to face his adversaries he was met with several knocked arrows that were let loose in an instant. Another sweeping motion from his staff and another trail of flame quickly dispatched the projectiles, and Rainin charged into the horde reveling in the chaos of battle.

Spotting what appeared to be the leader of the attacking rabble Rainin forced his way through the crowd, but soon found himself surrounded.

‘I underestimated their numbers,’ Rainin thought to himself. ‘Oh well, the others will be joining in the fray soon. Perhaps I’ll get a shot at one of the big guys later.’

Continuing to duck dodge and attack Rainin’s staff cut blazing paths about him keeping his enemies at bay. ‘Either they are lousy fighters, or they aren’t aiming to kill. What could they be after?’

21. Forgotten_Memories

As the man with the staff fended off several enemies at the same time, Morius rushed to help him. After all, having offered the protection of his black fire, it was his duty really. However, as he was running over, he heard the pang of another bow string, releasing its missile, and by then it was too late. The arrow hit him hard in the left shoulder, and he staggered, almost falling to his right. The impact was particularly excruciating and his arm went numb.

Damnit! Morius' thoughts echoed.

Having been made disoriented from the attack, he didn't hear as the two bandits approached from behind. They flung a net over the warlock, and he tripped over as the ends tightened around his ankles. Enough was enough for Morius, and that point had been reached long ago.

He dissolved his body in an oozing black goop, pouring out of the net, leaving only a bloody arrow left in its captivity. As he re-materialised, his eyes leaked the same black ooze which ran down and twined around his arms, collecting at a point in the center of his palms. Blood ran from the open wound now in his shoulder, but he seemed not to notice it, as if he were in some magic-induced trance.

The two who had previously captured him now stood with their weapons ready, and poised to attack the warlock. They charged at him. Morius waved his hands around miraculously, and spawned an ominous black pool of what seemed like water in the way of the charging enemies. Obviously, they hadn't been able to see it in time, as upon reaching the festering dark hole, the warriors sank into it. Their movement was completely impaired, and as they struggled to get out of it, vine-like black tendrils crawled up over their bodies, dragging them further into the conjured abyss.

Morius sniggered hauntingly, a blood crazed smile spread across his face. He then turned his attention to his teammates, who all seemed to be locked in their own battles. Morius caught sight of the man in leather armor, wielding a wizard's staff, and decided that would be his next target - magic users were his specialty.

22. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

It was an ambush.

After having traveled for so long, the entire group had let their guard down. Even Trucido. And he he hated himself for it. But there was no time to pout or complain now. It was time to fight.

"Scarlet!" Trucido shouted over the din of battle. Their gazes meet, and each knew exactly what the other wanted them to do. There was no need to call a plan, send a message, or communicate in any other way. Both knew exactly what the other needed to do. Scarlet was to cause mass panic and take out the brunt of the main attack force, giving covering fire for Trucido while he went after the head of the attackers.

"Shin! Scarlet yelled as she jumped into the air, but she didn't fall back down. Rather, she hovered in the air, seemingly standing on a fireball coming from her shoes. By jumping into the air she created a target for the archers, many of whom changed their targets and fired. None of the shots would have been lethal, it appeared that they weren't intended to be, but Scarlet incinerated each one anyways. And with the ashes of each arrow, a magic circle began to form in front of Scarlet.

"SigelKen!" She shouted. As she did so an odd symbol flashed inside the circle before unleashing a wave of flame upon a number of the attackers. Hearing a shout behind her, Scarlet narrowly dodged an attack from a sword before unleashing another blast of fire. The sword had managed to put a sizeable cut in Scarlet's arm, but its wasn't anything fatal. She would live.

"StanCweorth!" Trucido heard Scarlet yell as another wave of flame bashed into the assailants. It was hard to tell what the path of the battle would be. While Trucido's group was strong, there were a lot of intruders. A whole lot of intruders. They were badly outnumbered. But as any good commander (or assassin) knows, an army will fall apart once the head was killed. So, that's what Trucido set out to do.

"ZuiGar" Trucido had whispered while Scarlet was causing a distraction. Almost immediately, Trucido vanished from sight and rushed towards the tall man with the large sword. Call it instinct, but Trucido had feeling that this man was the leader. While approaching Trucido cut open a handful of warriors, but stopped when he reached the leader. Trucido reappeared before the leader, a knife held in front of him. Although Trucido was an assassin, he was also a nobleman, and it would be improper to kill someone quietly without first learning their name. But whatever Trucido did, he'd have to do it quickly... The sun was starting to set.

"I hope you're ready to die. I, Trucido Aer Furtim Velox Neco Fabre, will not allow you to continue this." As Trucido said his name a faint glow of green fire grew and crackled around his body. Trucido's body seemed to fade in and out of focus, as if he were part of the wind itself. But more astonishing than that were his eyes. Were Trucido's radiant green eyes had been before, were now the sharp slitted eyes of a beast.

23. yellowm&M

The ambush came out of nowhere. One minute the forest was calm and quiet, and the next arrows and people were pouring in on them from all sides. Aali ducked avoiding most of the arrows, but one still managed to catch her in the calf. She glanced down at it; it hurt like hell but didn't seem to be to deep. With a harsh yank she pulled it from her leg and wadded her pant leg on it in such a way to staunch the bleeding. She straightened up again and saw a few men rushing towards her with swords. Drawing the sword she had found in a dark corner of L'lygi's monastery she marveled again at it's perfect compostion for her. It was sharp, lightweight, and felt wonderful in her hands. The men all looked at her with amusment and triumph as if they had already won. That's right underestimate me, see where that gets you she thought. In a second they were on her. Slashing and blocking they were all down in a matter of minutes looking stunned. Smirking, Aali threw herself into the midst of the battle.

She cut a way throw the fray striking and wounding. Soon her gaze zoned in a on woman in a leotard with lethal and uncanny ability weilding yellow flames and a knife. Making a beeline for her, Aali fought her way closer. A trail of yellow flame flew right infront of her face almost hitting her. Her eyes met those of the woman's, they stared each other down for a second then sword met dagger in a ringing clash.

24. DustinTheWind

"I hope you're ready to die. I, Trucido Aer Furtim Velox Neco Fabre, will not allow you to continue this." As Trucido said his name a faint glow of green fire grew and crackled around his body. Trucido's body seemed to fade in and out of focus, as if he were part of the wind itself. But more astonishing than that were his eyes. Were Trucido's radiant green eyes had been before, were now the sharp slitted eyes of a beast.

His vision failed him; the world was a bleached white illuminated by powerful light, so bright that it hurt his eyes even when they were closed. A dull roar mixed with a high-pitched whine filled his ears, blocking out every outside frequency. His mind was clouded, and even the most basic thoughts escaped him. Even his sense of balance seemed to dissipate, and he found himself swaying violently like a drunkard.

It did not last long - in but a moment his senses began to clear - but it was enough. The leader swung his massive blade like a club, striking Trucido hard with the flat side, sending him crashing into a nearby group of attackers.

"Bind him!" the leader barked at them. "Quickly, before he regains himself!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She cut a way throw the fray striking and wounding. Soon her gaze zoned in a on woman in a leotard with lethal and uncanny ability weilding yellow flames and a knife. Making a beeline for her, Aali fought her way closer. A trail of yellow flame flew right infront of her face almost hitting her. Her eyes met those of the woman's, they stared each other down for a second then sword met dagger in a ringing clash.

As their weapons connected the woman let loose a kick. Aali was sent reeling back but quickly recovered, charging again at the woman, dodging more flames. Again, their weapons met, but this time the woman called out a single word.

"Granice!"

As she spoke, a tongue of yellow fire arced across the interconnected weapons, streaming down Aali's arm. She felt her arm, her torso, her entire body becoming heavy, becoming numb, becoming useless...

The woman let out a chuckle, kicked over Aali's paralyzed form, and turned her attention the other members of the party.

25. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Dam*. That was all that Trucido thought. He had let his guard down and the leader had managed to incapacitate him in a single attack. Trucido still wasn't sure how he had done it, but it had been done all the same. Now he was pressed against the ground with his mouth gagged and his hands were tied with what seemed to be a flame proof material. Magical flame proof. Trucido had managed to slice the hamstring of one of the attackers before he was captured, but that wouldn't be enough. And with the flame proof bindings, he couldn't even electrocute his attackers, or vanish with the wind. Plus, he couldn't even call for Scarlet.

By now Scarlet had pushed back a number of attackers, many of whom had been badly burned, and a fair number whom had been killed. But there were still more attackers. And Scarlet was beginning to tire. Under normal circumstances, she would have had no problem flinging attack after attack, but with her arm bleeding the way it was, she was tiring quickly. She needed to finish this quickly. Maybe she could take out one of the leaders... She looked around and saw an important looking man wielding a staff. He must be a leader she thought. So she sent a withering blast of heat and flame at the staff wielding mage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.