Alliance of the Sword Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by naturemage, Feb 9, 2012.

1. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

I think everyone will have their own motivations.

2. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Sorry for being so vague. The Enchanted Eight (the eight humans who have powers), the Aphen, and the people connected to the Aphen (which may or may not be members of the Enchanted Eight), will work together the retrieve the World Sword. More will come, and everything will become clearer. For now, work on a minor goal: understanding and clarifying your powers. The Enchanted Eight will have to start understanding their powers first. Don't make it easy on them. They won't know they have powers until they are triggered by accident. No one is going to tell them they've been chosen, and they won't feel any different at first.

3. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Alright, so we have to find the sword. Do the humans with powers now know they have powers? Did they gain all their powers from this release of magic? Or are they still unaware? Do they know that the sword exists?

Sorry for the questions. I'm just unsure.

EDIT: You've beaten me to the post naturemage. And managed to answer some questions. Whoops.

4. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

They gained the powers from the release of Silar's rage, but they are not aware they have them. And no one but the Aphen know about the sword, aside from the person who stole it. The powers of the eight humans should be released/used by accident. After the Aphen figure out who the Enchanted Eight are, the humans with powers will learn to use them and control their powers.

To all: feel free to ask more questions. I realize the game is a bit vague, but I intended it that way so no one would realize the goal right away. Perhaps it would have been a better idea to just put that out there... Oops. Again, please ask questions. I encourage it. I want everyone to understand the game, so it can be played right.

5. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Thanks for clarifying! This sounds like a lot of fun. I'll get writing soon, and maybe have a post up in a few hours.

6. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

No problem. That's what a GM is for.

7. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

I posted it's short but I'm easing into this, short and sweet. By the way nature I pmed you before about the orb roleplay post, just need to know that your fine with what I'm posting. Thanks.

8. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Oh yes, please put your character's name at the top of your post, and whether he is human or Aphen. Here is the example:

Silar/Aphen

9. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

oops sorry, didn't know.

10. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Another question:

Is Silar's rage something that can be felt by our characters? Or is it completely silent/invisible?

11. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

Just read the posts and all, I'll try to have mine up later tonight.

12. Rapaz

Rapaz New Member

Ok here's my idea. I left my post kind of open, but if that's okay with you naturemage, here's what I thought of.

Rezo had no idea about it, but the mountain he lived in was the Mount Saber. The group of humans passing by could be the ones who stole the sword. Having no idea about it, he would kill them, but the one who was carrying the sword, their leader and probably the only one who knew about the sword's powers and how to get to it, got away, leaving no clue of who he was or where he was heading. This could lead to some interesting moments later on.

By the way, either you agree with this idea or not, this post would be in the night before Silar finds out that the sword was stolen, if that's okay!

13. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Sounds interesting, I'm still unsure how to start mine off, might have Lux either watching from a distance or somewhere else.

Oh and are you going to post in the orb anytime soon?

14. Rapaz

Rapaz New Member

Yes, yes I am! I was thinking of doing it tomorrow but I'll get something in today if you're "waiting" for it.

15. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

@CheddarCheese- Silar's rage cannot be felt by the characters. It will just give the eight humans powers, but again, they won't be aware of it.
    @Rapaz- for Rezo, as an Aphen, he should be aware of where he is living, but since he is a bit distant from the rest of the Aphen, I'll allow him to not realize it. As for the World Sword, I do have plans for someone else to have it, so I'll work with your post. It won't be hard, just continue with your plans as usual. I have an NPC who needs to have the sword. And, I am fine with Rezo's post being the night before Silar finds the sword gone.

This is getting interesting already, and we still have a few people who haven't posted. Keep up the good work!

16. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Alright, one last question (sorry! I really want to make sure not to produce any plot holes..):

In your original post, you mentioned something about the pairing of an Aphen and a human. Does this mean you will be pairing us up, or do we choose/collaborate and figure it out ourselves? And do we just encounter each other, or do we have to wait for a significant plot event for this 'pairing' to happen?

17. Rapaz

Rapaz New Member

Alright, looking forward to this! I'll try to keep Rezo alot more simple and straight-forward to write about then Igor.

18. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

@CheddarCheese- I'll allow you guys to figure out the pairings. I wouldn't want it made so simple as them just meeting up, as Silar and Magnan's character did. It can be, but the connection will be felt. And, as I said, the Aphen don't need to be connected to people with powers.

19. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

naturemage, I've just got a quick question in regards to the setting. I took a look at the map, but where is Mount Saber located? Just so I can get a bearing on the location a little more.

I'll try to post in a little bit, but if I run out of time, I'll make sure to post tomorrow.

20. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Mount Saber is located at the southernmost tip of the mountain range near Lakia (number 10 on the map). It is in Aliea.

21. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Do you mean the short mountain range with the desert beside it? Or the really long mountain range which ends near the ocean?

22. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Sorry. On the map, it would be right above the number 10. So it would be the range next to the desert.

23. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Alright. I just was confused, since Mr Mr mentioned his character flying down from the mountain to a sea.

Which might lead to the question; how did Lux get from the sea, all the way back near Mount Saber in almost no time?

Oh well. I guess he flies really really fast. :p

I hope to have my post up soon. I have mid-term exams tomorrow, so my pacing has been slow. Sorry.

24. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

I'm working on my post at the moment, but going to sleep for now. I'll have it up sometime tomorrow.

Thank you for the clarification, naturemage.

25. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Cheddar - Lux is made of light so I assumed he could move at that speed for short periods of time.

Oh and sorry I completely missed the map I hope I haven't messed anything up.

And how large are the Aphen? I pictured Silar being bigger than the villagers huts and Lux a little bit smaller?