1. Surfwinky

Surfwinky New Member

Aloha

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Surfwinky, Nov 18, 2011.

Aloha everybody,

I go by "surfwinky" and I am looking forward to being part of the Writing Forums family.

I'm a little on the older side of life now and feel the need to divert the accumulating dust and cobwebs my brain attracts. I love naps and Facebook but both of them seem to leave me wandering, groggy and a bit drain bamaged. I can see that if I participate with all you "kind" writers, I'm going to have to step it up a a bit, concentrate, use a dictionary, learn proper punctuation, and the learning list goes on and on. And that's why I'm here. I want to learn. I want to write. I want to participate in something more than exchanging and commenting on pictures of birthday cakes.

Thank you for your time, and Aloha for now, Surfwinky

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to Writing Forums, Surfwinky!

I hope you find what you're looking for here, whatever your interests in writing.

This forum aims to provide the best workshopping resources on the internet, and to that end we have a few rules which you should familiarise yourself with before you get stuck in. The main section of the site is the Writing Workshop, where members can post their writing in order to receive critique of their work.

However, before we allow members to post their work, they must have met some basic requirments. Firstly, you must have been a member for fourteen days, and have made twenty posts on the forum overall (please note, posts in Word Games do not count towards this). This is so that members, when they post their work, have familiarised themselves with the forums and contributed to them (as well as hopefully learned something for themselves). Secondly, members must provide two constructive reviews of other people's work for each piece of their own that they wish to post. This is because we believe that the focus of workshopping should be equally upon giving reviews as receiving them, as they allow a writer to practice and improve their editing skills, which they can then apply to their own writing.

Beyond the Writing Workshop, you will find that we have extensive forums for discussion of aspects of writing, as well as a community area for general discussion. We also run periodic short story and poetry contests, which are good for challenging yourself and expanding your skills.

If you have any questions or problems, then the moderators (myself and Cogito) should be your first port of call. Any technical problems with the site itself should be directed to Daniel, the site administrator and owner. I would recommend you have a look over the rules so that you know what to expect, and what is expected. But aside from that, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Banzai

3. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Welcome. :)

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.