1. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Alternative Wedding Vows and Beach wedding

Discussion in 'Research' started by Elgaisma, Aug 9, 2010.

What did you have/would like to have for wedding vows? Anyone have a beach wedding if so can you give me some ideas as to what sensory experiences you remember?

I know I can check google but every wedding is so individual someone may have a better experience or dream than I can come up. Don't share if you don't want me writing it into my book lol

2. jacklondonsghost

jacklondonsghost New Member

Well my parent's beach wedding went something like this:

We had no money and lived in Orlando. They spent the money on rings and got married on the beach in their swimsuits. I think there were like four guests, and one-year-old me was one of them.

Probably a different thing than what you were looking for haha...

3. Elgaisma

no its not exactly what I am doing right now but I like the swimsuit idea and realise I forgot to include the rings lol

4. jacklondonsghost

jacklondonsghost New Member

Glad to be of some assistance then haha.

1 person likes this.
  5. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

My cousin married (for 2nd time) at the age of 58. She had a kind of New Age ceremony on the top of a tor on Dartmoor. All the guests (there were a lot of us, about 70) stood in a circle with the children in front. The kids were handed a kind of pipe thing to whirl which made a strange noise. The adults were handed flower petals.

The couple made up the whole ceremony themselves, reciting poetry etc. The floor was thrown open, as it were, after this, for people to say a few words to wish them happiness. At the end everyone threw petals etc. Then a couple of horse-drawn carts came and took us down off the tor to have a huge wedding breakfast in the garden of a farmhouse.

It was bizarre, is all I can say.

And it was lucky that it didn't rain.

1 person likes this.
  6. Elgaisma

Sounds fun may try to use that for my book I have 2 weddings to write and they need to be very different