Alukard RPG

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Alukard, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Gaius, Shocked

Gaius had an encyclopedic knowledge of their world, he'd had plenty of years to study. although he had come across scrolls mentioning 'the Rift', he had always harboured a suspicion that it was just a silly fairytale. How could their be other worlds when he could barely stand this one? And wouldn't Gaius' parents or sisters have mentioned such a thing? They were much, much older than him and would have heard tell of if it truelly existed.

A shadow of despair crossed Gaius' chiseled, handsome features. He had not heard from his family or the other Immortals for a long, long time. Most of them had left the land years ago in a silver ship after the fall of the black king to find other evils to thwart. His family had been among them. And the few Immortals that had stayed were either hermits living in solitude, or so righteous that they stayed in case a new danger should arise. Gaius didn't want anything to do with them.

"You came from another dimension??", Gaius snapped. He slitted his eyes at Angel--she was giving him more and more reason to distrust her. "When were you going to tell us? And why are you here?" Gaius was beginning to think Angel was a part of a dark conspiracy, and that she had something to do with the strange happenings. And he still wasn't sure she wasn't some sort of demon hag in a beautiful guise. Any witch worth their salt could dress themselves up in an alluring skin. It would certainly explain why someone as young looking as her walked with a cane.

"Answer me, or I swear I'll finish you once and for all", the Immortal warned darkly. He swelled with power and his presence seemed to fill the room. A ghostly wind whipped his long hair and cape and his gorgeous face was like an avenging angel. He pointed a threatening finger dramatically at Angel.

2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

The moment the man raised his hand at Angel a deep growl resembling that of a prehistoric beast rumbled through Cheza in warning. She felt her talons lengthen, and her emerald eyes sharpened and began to glow.

"She doesn't mean us harm. I can tell that much, Immortal." Cheza spoke very quietly, glaring at him. "Or wouldn't your vast knowledge tell you not to be so suspicious of others at first glance?"

She wasn't able to hide the fact that there were scale-like imprints in her skin now, she felt them growing, crawling all over her body. She stood up; her legs shaking slightly from unfamiliarity and weakness, but she still proved an imposing sight as she stood toe to toe with him -shoving back the part of her that would have immediately cowered in embarrassment.

"I know my duty, but have you forgotten yours? You appear to be one of us -one of the good guys- and yet you are so suspicious of her that you wish to kill her?" She opened her mouth slightly to reveal small, hooked fangs and a tiny flame that threatened to bloom into a destructive blast. Its color changed so rapidly that it was impossible to tell what color it was one moment or the next, but it was clear that it was the hottest kind of flame any creature could summon or breathe.

Dragon fire.

3. Alukard

Alukard New Member

His black wings eclipsed the sun. The horrible smoke choked the land, death and decay consumed the life. The defilement has started. He raised one ebony arm motioning from the floor. A ornate symbol of scarlet flame fashioned on the earth. The dirt melted into white hot liquid, dark ash fumed, and plumes of grey smoke erupted from the chasm. Terrible black spines shot upward with evil smoke radiating out of them. The hollow earth glowed with ruby light, and two livid slits appeared at the center.

A deep and rumbling voice sounded shaking the terrain, rocks chattering, trees vibrating, and fear conjuring.

"Azriel, the time has come my young soldier. Unleash my hatred along your path. Leave mercy for none. And my presence shall be known."

And so the book said...Fire shall smother, flesh will cinder, and the first gate is open, Azriel hath entered our realm.

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius scoffed. "You cannot be sure who she is, or what her personal agenda is! You've only known her as long as I have, don't pretend to have a deeper knowledge of her history." He tossed is glorious hair smugly. "And my Immortal existence on this earth has taught me the exact opposite--to not trust anyone. Especially the ones that are called beautiful by our ignorant social standards. Make no mistake, masked one--everyone has their own motives, their own agenda. Unless you can read minds and you know this girl's internal thoughts, then you don't have any solid proof."

He turned his back to the fierce creature that looked like a girl. But just in case, his splayed fingers were ready to shoot lightning and the back of his eyes burned with his own inner fire. If Cheza attacked he would blast her stream of dragon flame with his own lightning and mystical fire. Gaius wasn't truelly scared, just cautious. He didn't know what this girl was or what magicks she possessed, but his niggling Immortal ego made him confident that he could beat her in combat. As an Immortal he had never met his match in anyone but another Immortal, so he was almost certain this girl couldn't out match him. And her appearance didn't phase him--he had seen creatures that had no right living outside of nightmares. Compared to them, she was like a harmless piskie.

"Tell us who you are", Gaius said in a commanding tone. His presence grew even more oppressive and he seemed to fill more space than his slight frame suggested. His black glare never left Angel. He would not let her continue to let her tag along in her comfortable anonymity--he wanted proof.

Just then he felt a cold finger slide up his spine and he shivered. There is evil in the woods... In a hushed voice, Gaius said, "Did anyone else feel that...?"

5. Alukard

Alukard New Member

The vampire girl was watching the dark skinned man and once chained girl get feisty at each other, Hm, well they are both strong, I can sense killing intent from both, and they are probably hiding most of it. Still don't know much about anyone so I will let this go on for as long as possible.

She was nodding her head as the man was insisting on learning about the very quiet "delicate" girl.

"I agree with dark skin, we need to learn about each other to gain trust. I would say this is definitely fate that we are meeting so forming aggravated relationships already will not do any good."

6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius rounded on the vampy chick. He was alreayd riled up and then she goes and insults his skin hue.

"My name is Gaius", he said through gritted teeth. His canines were slightly more pointed than usual, like cat fangs. A hint of his kitten guise coming out. "Not 'dark skin'. Gae-us. Alright?" He took a deep breath to calm himself, if he got to riled up he might start shooting lightning blasts and cave in this earthen cave. In a calmer tone, he said, "Now--give us your name and I will stop callign you a demon. And I hope you do not prayon innocent humans like some of your kind..." The sentence was also an accusation. Vampires who killed weaker beings were scum and he would have nothign to do with them. If that was the case with this one, he would deal with her accordingly.

Gaius turned back to Angel, but spoke to every one. "There's something evil in the woods, I sensed it. We must meet it in mortal combat before it does serious harm. Prove yourself in battle, Angel--and might I add that's such a pretentious name--and I will begin to trust you more."

Without waiting for anyone's response, he strode out of the room with a theatrical swish of his cape into the tunnel leading to the surface. Lightning tangled over the surface of his clothes and blazing white pin-points shined in the centre of his eyes.

7. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Angel: More or Less

Without waiting for anyone's response, he strode out of the room with a theatrical swish of his cape into the tunnel leading to the surface. Lightning tangled over the surface of his clothes and blazing white pin-points shined in the centre of his eyes.

"My name is Angel Leslie Grace Beaumont..." She called after Gaius's departing figure, not caring if he heard her. "It is the only name I have, given to me by my mother." It was a good thing he was Immortal, Angel thought...Otherwise anyone with a grain of sense would have dispensed with this fool ages ago.

Her dark blue eyes flicked back to the two girls. With a soft, graceful movement of her slim hand, she captured a bit of Cheza's Dragon Fire, playing with it idly. "Names would be a good place to start. You know mine...And I'm afraid there isn't much more about me worth sharing at the moment. I am merely Angel Grace, nothing more, nothing less...Simply me."

8. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    "My name is Angel Leslie Grace Beaumont..."

"Hah!", Gaius called back. His chuckling echoed back to the room along with his words. "That's an even more pompous name!" He shook his head, how could anyone just blidnly except this girl into their ranks knowing that she came from another world... Coincidentally at the same time weird things started happening! And even now the others were still jabbering in earthen room while something foul and evil was a-foot. If anyone was a fool, it was her for thinking everyone would simply trust her and they would all become lifelong pals. Why was it hard to except that someone would have some doubts about her supposed innocence? Especially when it was said that it was impossible to cross the Rifts. "People with pretty faces...always thinking they're special...", Gaius grumbled under his breath.

He reached the mossy lid that led to the surface. He lifted it a bit to see out--there was no breeze, but the trees and foliage trembled, and that same sense of something evil tainted the forest air. "Where are the others?", he snapped to himself.

9. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Gaius, Angel, and the third?...

The vampire girl was stopped in her tracks not yet running towards Gaius, Names would be a good place to start.

Heh, its not that easy Angel...She turned around and started walking towards the tunnel, out of curiosity why the Immortal was so uptight,
    "Sorry, I have no memory of before this forest, and that includes my name"

She then ran, instinctively running, old emotions piled inside her, but no images came to her head. The past was just... Gone.

Finally nearing the hole she looked up at the concerned Gaius, What does he sense that I cannot?,
    "What is it Gaius? Is there something there?"

She spoke too soon.

10. Keitsumah

Cheza; What makes the Thunder Roar and the Dragons Fly

"I am Cheza...Cheza Sky-Thunder." she said quietly, her eyes glowing even more until they burned. "I am what makes the skies roar when lightning strikes the earth -and now i am chained to the earth because of my banishment and this stupid mask. And you should not underestimate my powers, Gaius -for my eyes can pierce any magical barrier. She looks the way she is because she was born that way!"

A loud rumble shook the ground, and Cheza barely registered it as her own growl along with something else. She did not like Gaius -but now was not the time. Stepping forward, she was dimly aware of her shadow growing, lengthening until it was the one that should follow her true body. Wings...fangs..talons....

"I am what even the dark king Alukard could not control with his dark magics when he was at war -I am a dragon."

Making it outside, she felt the wave of dark magic sweep over her, crackling with menace as the others stopped; Gaius had gone deathly pale.

11. SocksFox

Angel: Cornerstone

Angel hoisted herself to her feet, doggedly making her way toward mouth of the cave and the others. She felt the stillness, the all consuming rage coursing down through the trees. Leaves shivered and muttered, adding their voices to the otherworldly atmosphere. Limping past the others, her predatory senses running hot, she scanned the ancient woodland, seeking the source.

Almost in a whisper, she said. "I am the great stillness before the storms, the hush before the snows come...A Guardian of my Tribe. I can do no less here."

Her shimmery curls shifted from silver gilt to liquid, molten copper as her eyes darkened until they were nearly black. The chasm separating her emotions from her heart collapsed. Her fluid, hypnotic symphonies flooded her soul filling the vast, empty burn. True power flared, rings of blue and gold, flickering to life in the depths of her eyes. Fire and Water answered the call. A filament fine ring of silver slithered in betwixt the blue and gold. Echo rose, a comforting reflection in the face of the silence. A darker shadow added its dance to the dark depths of her eyes.

The songs in this place were very weak, almost dormant from disuse. It was clear that the dragons of this world were not weavers, not like her kin. True magic abounded, but Angel was a weaver, a shaper of the elemental threads around her. There was nothing remotely magical about it, it was merely a language of songs, a hundred thousand choruses strong. Her elemental threads, the weave maps she saw, were the physical embodiments of those songs. She was the conductor of these ethereal symphonies.

Because of her leg, she had often been overlooked, but she hadn't remained idle. She devoured books, journals, and manuscripts. Anything and everything on the lost folklores she could lay hold of, desperate to understand. Knowing who, what she, Angel, was had become as vital to her as breathing. Was she a monster, a spawn of darkness as Iver Cunningham and Gaius seemed to believe, or was she truly the warrior her mother believed she would be?

A harsh ache twisted her heart as memories of her mother swamped her. Lady Grace Beaumont Cunningham had died a broken woman, but with eyes so full of hope and love it made angels weep. Understanding dawned.

Angel found her cornerstone. Her wobbly stance, steadied...Her head came up and her spine stiffened. She had a tenet point, a compass in the seething morass that was quickly approaching. She had a reason...to live.

A breathtaking smile shattered her smooth, emotionless mien, doing the impossible. It transformed her extraordinary face into a vision heaven, itself, could not have bettered. There was no denying the bright hope, the truth that cloaked her.

12. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Cheza Sky-Thunder...Three names, powerful names, this fateful meet is no coincidence. But I am lost in my past, so what will become of us?

The vampire girl was now out of the cave with Gaius, Angel, and Cheza. The darkness had finally swept over her like a massive malevolent wall. The forest was howling in terror. The sky was crying lone black tears. What the hell is this? This feeling, its weighing down on me, I can barely breath.

The rumble had stopped but in the distance the three saw a scorching red glow, and it seemed like a massive fire was bursting forth, roaring and consuming.

Her face contorted, What is happening to this forest? Why!? Then that name rang in her mind, the one Cheza had mentioned, Alukard...Who is that? Its burning in my mind but I can't recall anything about it.

The three were still shocked by the unworldly flames bursting forth, frozen in their spots they let the fire creep on them. It had consumed a huge acre of the forest, and they could feel the heat. This fire spread far to quickly to be a wild fire, and fear emanated from it.

In the midst of the boiling flames a shadow appeared, sharp spines cratering the figure. No details were visible, it was engulfed in pure heat. The shadow stopped a hundred meters from them, the size of this being was huge, measuring half the size of the scorched trees. The fire had stopped where it stood, but not for long. Small creatures of pyre burst forth and started bouncing between other trees, instantly the trees exploded with flames.

The creatures neared them, very quick but only about half their size. The vampire girl finally snapping out of the trance jumped backwards into the ancient tree, she sensed a killing intent that was beyond imagination, pure hatred.
    "Guys I Have No Idea What That Is But I Don't Think We Can Take It!"
    Her voice tried to go over the roaring flames, who knows if it reached them.

13. SocksFox

Angel: Embers

Angel felt the flames on her face, the symphonies kissing along her skin. Stretching out a frail wrist, she gently flicked her small hand, reaching deep into the heart of the molten weave threads. She felt her hold ripple through the smoldering blaze and stretched out her other hand. As if she were pulling back a sheet, she snapped her hands up, peeling the flames away. A quick breath in and a sharp crack, separated the threads sending out a shower of ash and dying embers.

Cheza's Dragon Fire had been hotter Angel thought as the flames receded, a retreating tide. In the hellish, fading glow she saw it for the first time. A massive figure that would have sent men fleeing in abject terror. A servant of this Alukard or the black king himself? Either way, they were about to find out.

14. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    "She looks that way because she was born that way!"

"What are you rambling about?", Gaius hissed. "Im not judging purely on looks--Im judging on her aloof attitude and her refusal to give us any details of her life. Isn't that in the least bit suspicous to you? You can dislike me all you want, but don't try to make it seem like Im being unfair. None of us know this world she comes from or her motives or even why she's here. And not even you can tell that with your magical sight. I may have the appearance of a young man, but don't forget I am your elder. I have life experience and extensive knowledge in matters that you do not." Gaius was prepared to continue, to tell this stubborn girl exactly who he was, when--

The flames. The destruction. The monstrous creatures. Gaius gave a sharp intake of breath in shock, and then coughed from the smoke from the flames. Angel did something and contorted the flames, but the gap she made was filling back in quickly. Gaius crouched and his fisted hands glowed brilliantly, lightening crackling in the crevices of his fingers. His hair and cape whipped about in a nonexistant wind, even fiercer than before. He fired lightning blindly into the fire at the advancing creatures. Then he used Agility to lighten his body and leap high up to perch on the branch of a tree. He saw the hulking figure of the nightmare in the midsts of the inferno.

"This is bad, very bad...", Gaius murmured. They needed to escape, or make a plan. And if Angel turned on them--or if Cheza tried to backstab him--he would not hesitate to incinerate them. As powerful as Cheza thought she was, an Immortal gained power with age and Gaius was over a hundred years old. Plus, he hadn't used his powers in such a long time that his magical reserves were more than full. He crouched against the tree trunk as the monster approached, his brain scramblign for a plan of action...

15. Keitsumah

Cheza's lip curled at Gaius's words, but then changed to a hiss of anger as she spotted the figure approaching them, wreathed in dark flames that tasted like death and fear -a fear that filled the dragon inside her with pure rage.

Roaring, she spread her feet to gain a better stance and slammed her fists together, her own fire bursting from around her feet as she summoned it -for not only could she breathe fire but she could get it to flare all over her body. Blue-green scales grew and encased her body, and spines sprouted along her back as her nails lengthened and her eyes changed into swirling pools or pure green.

"A dragon needs not be old -we are creatures that live eons and gain wisdom from fights, but strength is given when we are born!" she growled, her shadow rearing back to reveal only a ghostly image of what she truly looked like; head raised and wings flared in a high-pitched keen of rage. Her black hair whipped back; an inferno of ebony spikes, and she focused on the monstrous figure. She would be easily twice his height in her true form, she thought, and then her magic overwhelmed her senses as fire erupted from her on all sides when she roared -encasing her allies and enemies alike in living flame. But only the enemies would need fear the burn, for whenever a dragon considered someone an ally, they would not be harmed by their fire.

"Would you want to tell us anything personal about your life Gaius?" she said quietly, "Do you keep no secrets from us? I may as well be the same as her - i have never once touched the earth until today. I came from the sky- and though it is a part of this world it may as well be a different one."

16. SocksFox

Angel: Shadows and Stars

Chaos reigned, fear was tangible in the air, but still Angel held her ground. Another flood of fire course back in. Once more she dissected the threads throwing more and more ash into the air. Her lungs ached and her eye burned, but she didn't back down. She cast out a trace weave, searching desperately for fire's greatest foe. Water.

She didn't have far to look. There was a massive lake just beyond the village. She plunged her symphonies deep into the ancient lake. Her gaze shifted and her songs exploded in a myriad of angel voices, spiraling out. High and sweet and perfect. Clouds gathered close, her breath shimmered as the temperature plunged. All fear and doubts had been swept away as Angel let her songs fly, drawing the threads of life bringing water toward her. Thunder rumbled as lightning cleaved the sky. Rain began pattering through the trees.

Fat drops collided with the smoldering landscape, singing and hissing as they struck. Smoke and steam intermingled, twining in great silken ropes to the clouds. Angel's hair shifted once more to a shimmering silvery white as the rain mixed with snow, began pouring down in earnest. Within moments she was soaked to the skin, but the cold numbed the searing pain in her leg, allowing her to move.

Light as a wraith she whirled, twirled...Spiraling through the patterns taught to her by her father, her feet upon his. She knew the dance, the songs, the words. Her voice lifted, higher and sweeter, soaring above the rest, the words of the song in the Old Tongue. Instinct reigned, urged...Called to her soul. It was madness, this wild blind hope she now possessed. But still she sang as the storm coalesced, cloaking the woodland in a sheet of sleet and ice, a shield holding true against the flames.

Hope in the face of utter wretchedness and despair. The light within the darkness. Angel was a star among the blackness of the night.

17. Alukard

Alukard New Member

She stood on a branch of the ancient tree, letting her "friends" fight, Vampire girl watched in amazement, These three were born for battle? These powers I've never seen anything like it. I wonder if the rest of the world is this powerful. Seclusion sometimes hurts.

The little flame creatures would die off for a bit, but would only come back from the demonic fire of the engulfed shadow. The fire continued to spread for acres along the forest. Everything was being consumed. This ancient forest was the first target. A circle of fire engulfed the group now, but seemingly recoiled from the presence of the ancient tree.

Water now erupted everywhere extinguishing much of the flames around the dark shadow. Steam hissed off the carapace revealing the shinning black, elongated spines protruding. Those pitch black slits for eyes deemed at it's new opponents. No emotion betrayed its face, that water had merely aggravated this creature of hell.

A foul screeching noise burst forth and glimmering red pores covered the creatures body, seconds later a low drone, and even fiercer flames consumed the creatures form, the blurred shadow blot by fire.

The smaller flame like dogs ran around again, seemingly more then before. Then a tremendous roaring noise, an immense wall of liquid fire flew towards the group. It grew closer and the three instinctively pounced backwards closer to the ancient tree.

The wall of flame was hundreds of feet high, finally reaching the group it engulfed the entire area.

Something miraculous had happened. An invisible force like field repelled the flames into a massive sphere of orange around the tree. The group watched in awe as the fire danced before their eyes. A voice whispered in the background and a blinding flash with a penetrating noise hindered their senses.

"Eleria..."

"Eleria!"

"Wake up!"

Her eyes opened revealing the vampires distinct cat like pupils. She looked forward, a man was kneeling in front of her nudging her shoulder. He smiled revealing the distinct fangs, another vampire...

She quickly glanced around the other three were there, they seemed dazed. She looked up confused toward the man who was mouthing stuff,

"Eleria can you hear me?"

Finally hearing his voice clearly, "Yeah", I see you now, a small glimpse, happiness...

She recognized at once his face, "Brother", a familiar smile lay on her face. But those images of before would not be forgotten so easily.

18. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius didn't know what to make of this new vampire dude. Was he the one who had stopped the fire wall? Or did the tree have its own protective enchantments...? Either way, there were still all kinds of beasties out there yapping for their deaths. Gaius cleared his throat and said, "Sorry to interrupt this, eh, reunion, but what are we to do about those hellish hounds out there? Oh, and that one demonic guy in the middle of it, too?"

As he was speaking, Gaius had a thought. If Angel had failed to put out the fire with water...maybe dirt would work. Dirt was much more effective, he'd witnessed many humans using bags of sand to put out local fire hazards. They could do that now, but they would have to do it on a much larger scale. He turned to Angel.

"You moved the water, yes?", Gaius said urgently. "That was quite impressive, I must say--but a massive waste of energy when we could have used what's beneath us... Can you move the earth, too, like you did the water? If those flames threaten us again I think we can smother them under a heap of dirt, and bury those dogs while we're at it. It probably won't be as effective on that fiery dark angel guy, but it'll help some. I'll use my lightening to create static friction and make the dirt rise while you do your own thing. What do you think?"

19. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Eleria I'm sorry, but I had no choice, you were chosen; and now you can not see anyone for a long time. The day will come my daughter, but until that day you must be patient.

She had finally remembered a slim glimpse of her past, her name, her brother; they came simultaneously together. Many still remained buried, but they shall come, she will remember.

After the slight daze she returned to look at her brother, who was now facing Gaius. He smirked his looks almost like a male twin of Eleria, long white hair, glowing red eyes, an elegant face. Then he spoke to them, "Hahehehe, I know you have a lot of energy, you three are very special. You're all legendary fighters, but, that flaming shadow. That was the first gate, Azriel. You guys know the tale don't you?"

He gave them a joking look, "The tale of the black king? Alukard Everlasting?".

The name rang in their ears.

Alukard...

Alukard...

Alukard...

20. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius rolled his eyes, feeling hopeless. "That guy out there is Azriel?! Then what are we doing waiting around to get slaughtered!"

"We should get out there and smother those flames and flee during the chaos", Gaius said. "But...did you put up this forcefield, vampire? It's a fine work of magic."

21. Alukard

Alukard New Member

"Hehe yes Azriel, my friend, the one and only; the time has finally come." He was hoping to get some rude stares because of his queer attitude, but they just seemed more confused, "I'm sorry haha. I'm just really happy to see my sister and that it all worked out. But let's get to business, oh and the tree you were under was the one with the fine magic, to answer your question Gaius"
    I bet he'll be surprised I know his name, I can read people's minds hehe

He sat staring unknowingly expecting to get some more cool reactions, again nothing... "Oh sorry I said we would be getting to business alright, to destroy this black king we will be needing a lot more power, that's actually an understatement we are going to need even more power then that. So well start out with everyone's potential strength. None of you have unleashed full potential. But once you have I have a feeling you will all be very surprised." A nasty grin appeared on his face.

22. SocksFox

Angel: Intangible

Angel cast a speaking look at the force field, the voices of the songs fell silent as the tide of fire bounced off. Element against element it was just too much. Panic reasserted the iron shield of her control as she rolled her eyes at Gaius. Wasn't two elements enough...Good Grief. But she still had something in reserve. Her dark secret. The question was, could she control it?

Her dark gaze caught that of Eleria's brother. "I know nothing can get in through that field, but is it possible to send something out? I have an idea."

Angel's pale curls shone as pale and bright as a star, her inner radiance masking the black edge of her fear as she began to weave. Her voice was soft, tender and lush. The words again in the Old Tongue. Eyes on the sky, heart in her throat a slender thread of silver light expanded and danced between her small hands. In and out, over, round, through and back again until she had a small orb not much larger than an orange.

Her sweet voice fell silent and slowly her fingers stilled. Never taking her eyes off a hole the smoke had punched through the clouds, Angel kept her gaze locked on the brilliant, unfamiliar constellations. Like the sailors of yore, they guided her course through the darkness as she summoned the Intangibles...Echo and Void, but also a singular violet pulse deep at its heart. Spirit...

The small, dense weave heavy in her hands Angel lowered her head and approached the tree with her steady, limping gate. Tucking the weave into her left hand, she placed her right against the tree. Almost pleading, she spoke, addressing the ancient forest giant. "Please give me the strength, the chance to do this..." The weave throbbed like a heart in her hand, shimmering like an ember.

23. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius watched Angel as she concocted another strange enchantment. Hadn't she heard his brilliant idea about snuffing out the flames? Why was she so intent to do things her way when his plan was foolproof? Water hadn't done the job--earth could. But instead she used up even more of her energy and power on another spell that would probably fail against the ancient dark angel. they didn't know what powers Azriel possessed, but apparently Angel thought she was more powerful. How arrogant could she be? Gaius decided to let her do her thing, and if she failed he'd be ready with a big "I told you so". And then he would do his dirt plan.

But Gaius coudln't help but say, in as neutral a tone as possible, "Eh, Angel--didn't you hear what I said about smothering the flames with earth? Are you seriously gonna try to assault that dark angel and all his fiery pups? And what do we do if your plan doesn't work? We'll be sitting ducks and Azriel will be angry. It's not exactly a brilliant plan..." The Immortal kept his expression plain and there wasn't a trace of arrogance or snide in his voice. He was trying to reason with the girl--or whatever she truelly was.

Angel's big displays of power had already disrupted a nearby river ecosystem. Think about all the water creatures that had lived there that were now flopping around on the ground. Gaius had a respect for life, and a sense of self-preservation, that came with his long years of life. And he was almost certain Angel would cause more damage to the woods than to Azriel with her next "brilliant" attack and possibly get them all killed. The girl was wreckless.

24. Alukard

Alukard New Member

"Brother why are Gaius and Angel getting ready to fight Azriel? We are no where near him anymore."

He looked at Eleria with a goofy face, "Haha wow the first time transporting with the ancient tree always leaves this dream like state, AH, I completely forgot about it. Now we have this girl casting a spell at this other ancient tree, and this guy over here rambling, I love it...."

He sped over to Angel and picked her "sleep casting self" off the before she could put the spell in the tree, "Sorry, but you don't need to cast such a spell when were not in danger." He then set her alone against a tree a decent distance away.

"Well, rambling Gaius doesn't seem to be casting any spells in this state so I'll leave him there, but that Cheza over there, I hope she doesn't try and go true form on us." He tapped his fingers a couple times,

"Hm, how long did this last the first time I did it..."

He then cuffed his hands around his mouth, "WAKE UPPP!"

25. SocksFox

Angel: Preaching to the Choir

Angel blinked. Not in danger...How the heck? Shaking her head she sank to the ground, her head between her knees.

Gaius was rambling about disrupting ecosystems. Didn't he know anything about the ways of the songs? While temporarily diverted to different causes no damage was done. The underlaying threads remained intact, a structure to restore the borrowed threads to. Darkkin never gathered more threads than the ecosystem could lend. They worked with nature not against it. There would be no weaving if the systems were out of harmony with the songs.

"Like shooting lightning at every innocent creature you come across is good for the woods..." She muttered half to herself. If this fool hated her this much why didn't he just end her.

"It was easier when I was a wallflower. No one cared or complained about you, but then again, that does seem to be Gaius's only achievement thus far." Casting an irritated glare at Eleria's brother she asked. "Where are we?"