Alukard RPG

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Alukard, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Gaius

Gaius merely shut off his sense of hearing to block out the siren's sweet, sweet voice. He had learned long ago, from his sorcerous mother, how to heighten or block his senses. It was one of the few things he learned in his lessons with her. The magic part was the hardest--he hated sitting and meditating and trying to connect with the Universe. But now, watching Cheza cast a spell with the ease of a true sorceress, he felt a pang of jealousy. Maybe I will recommit myself to learning magic, he thought. It couldn't hurt to build his power--god knows he'd need it when they face Alukard's minions. The memory of that fiery avenging angel was still burned into his retinas.

Gaius could not hear the song of the siren anymore, or Cheza's father's resurrected roar, but he could sense, faintly, where the Siren was hiding in the cover of darkness. Gaius pointed into the cave and mouthed to Cheza, "This is Angel's fight--she must defeat her own evils to become stronger."

2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Cheza shivered as she released Angel, who still had not moved. It was as if she was locked in a state where only she could free herself.

Hesitantly, she slowed her chanting and the wind faded as she stepped back beside Gaius, warily watching the darkness ahead. Some instinct tore at her to protect the girl; as if she was only a hatchling, but Gaius was right. This was her own fight.

A low growl rumbled in her throat, and she grabbed Gaius's hand with her own to keep her beast at bay. Burring her face in his shoulder to shut out the sight of Angel standing petrified, she shook violently. She could no longer call upon the memories of her family to soothe her -for she had just killed her father.

Pair Bond. a voice resonated in her mind. Pair Bond...

Cheza shivered as she felt a tendril of power weave over her face, and the mask cracked again. New thoughts swarmed over her senses; overwhelming her, pulling her away from her reality until she felt as if she stood somewhere else. She blinked as the image focused -she was hidden behind a curtain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tentatively sniffing the air, her hair spiked as she smelled Gaius and two others. She was in his mind!?

Her eyes suddenly went wide with terror as she realized then why the dragons had left the earth for the skies; for one of the effects of the Pair Bond was that they shared a mind-link with the one bonded with them.

"G-Gaius...?" she said hesitantly, pressing her back against the wall of his mind as the scents of the other two beings grew stronger.

3. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius, Shocked

"G-Gaius...?"

"Cheza?! What--how--fwah!", Gaius cried. He gripped both sides of his head. "Why are you in my head!" Then he remembered what the Water Hydra had saud, about a Pair Bond. Could this be what it was talking about? Gaius tentatively lowered his hands and placed them on Cheza's shoulders. She was still curled against him, but she was also in his mind. "So...we're...bonded?", Gaius said in a low, excited whisper. He couldn't keep the giddiness out of his voice. Who wouldn't want to be bonded with a powerful dragon, even one that was under some kind of curse?

Uh...don't go poking around in their, kay?, Gaius mental-spoke. His mind was huge and eh used parts of his brain that most humans could not access. He didn't want Cheza looking at embarrassing childhood memories of being picked on by his sisters. But he also didn't want her seeing the gruesome mental images scarred into his brain--the ones of him fighting nightmarish creatures. The Globs, made of icky black slime, the human-faced beasts, the giant earth Wyrms--he didn't want her seeing those images. As he warned her not to poke around, he tried to set up mental blocks so she couldn't see what he didn't want her too.

"It's gonna be okay", Gaius said. But he didn't really know that for sure. He set his chin on her head and sighed.

4. Keitsumah

"It's gonna be okay." Gaius sighed as he laid his chin on top of her head.

Cheza suddenly felt as if a heavy weight had fell of of her shoulders. Releasing the breath she had not realized she had been holding. The mind link was scary in the sense that it was new but...Cheza just felt an odd peace settle.

She shrugged as Gaius put up mental walls in certain areas of his mind. She knew he wouldn't want everything about him exposed -neither did she. But when she spotted a hastily-hidden image of Gaius being teased by another girl --a sister she quickly guessed- she couldn't stop a small smile.

Dragons are a lot rougher. she bragged, mentally showing him an image of her wrestling with an older dragon when she was a hatchling, fire blazing and roars tearing the clouds apart. She figured he deserved compensation for what she had seen of his memories. And... if you want to become a better sorcerer -i can give you a little boost in that direction. she smirked, reading one of the troubling thoughts he hadn't hidden. he was jealous of her! Dragon magic works differently -maybe it will work for you.

Carefully laying the palm of her hand over his heart, she focused the infinite source of energy that came from her heart-flame, aiming to boost Gaius's ability by tenfold. She smiled, feeling the human-like heart beating a bit faster.

Levare velum. she said, sending a bolt of pure energy into him to rip apart the veil that kept him from finding his true power.

"You might feel a little zap right now." she stifled a giggle. Being a castor of lightning -it was gonna be a big one.

5. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius was contemplating the terrifying image of Cheza in full dragon-form wrestling another dragon, when she thought-spoke.

And... if you want to become a better sorcerer -i can give you a little boost in that direction. Dragon magic works differently -maybe it will work for you.

"Uh...", Gaius said. What did she have in mind? Before he could react she placed her hand--so small compared to his--on his chest. He gasped as he felt a sudden surge of electric power. It was familiar since he had a talent for Electrokinesis, but he wasn't used to being the one that got shocked.

"You might feel a little zap right now."

Gaius pushed away from her as electricity ripped through him and he felt his heart pang in response. Just as quick as it came, the energy faded--but Gaius could feel every nerve of his body thrumming with power. Cheza had boosted his energy somehow, but when he didn't sense any new abilities among his old ones. No doubt he was tripled in strength, but he knew that would fade in an hour or so.

"Thanks...I think...", Gaius said to Cheza. He clutched his chest and breathed in gasps. "But thats not how it works. There are no ways to cheat into getting new powers, I have to earn them by connecting with the cosmic flow of life force--you know, meditating--and having a sort of...uh..." He scrambled for a way to describe it. "Epiphany, I have to have an epiphany. And their is no way to force that, it has to come with quiet stillness and deep contemplation. But...er...thanks." His chest still stung a bit from her shock. The girl sure did have spark!

6. Keitsumah

Epiphany huh... Cheza grinned anyways at the look on Gaius's face.And I'm barely even able to use a fraction of my actual strength in this form. she thought slyly, then narrowed her eyes as she remembered how he had once cast a spell.

Stupid dragon! Humans don't remember the secrets of language do they? she berated herself.

"Gaius -the human language is built off of two different roots. Greek and Latin. That is the reason words hold power -take the word "Logic" -which has the root "Logi" in it. The reason words hold power is not from their basic meaning -but from the original name of the word. I can speak Latin fluently to use my spells; maybe that is why i am equally powerful to you in this form when i can only use about one tenth of my true strength. I think you may still need to do that meditating stuff -but your current spells may have more effect if i teach you a few words."

Reaching out and taking his hands -realizing immediately that his were quite large compared to hers and privately wondering at how big he was compared to her in her human form when she would tower over him in her dragon form- she positioned them so it appeared he was cupping something in his palms.

"Try focusing your power and say Fulgur, which means "Lightning" in Latin." she said, carefully keeping her own power from turning into the meaning of the word, "I think it's a pretty basic spell for you -so you should be able to use it without meditating."

Humans and Immortals are strange creatures indeed if they can't tap into the powers that should be instinctive for them. Cheza thought, then grinned, but then i guess I'm not normal to them either.

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius

Giaus grinned and took his hands out of Cheza's, and ruffled her hair.

"Silly dragon-girl", he chuckled. "I know about spellcraft...the power of words. My mother tried to teach me allt he mechanics of sorcery when I was younger, but I was too spritely to sit and learn. I'm more of a do-er, you know? But I do remember when she told me about the roots of language, and I am sorry to say you are mistaken about something. Greek and Latin may make up basic language, but their are far older tongues that hold more power. Like the language of the Egyptians or the Sumerians, or the ancient language that contains all the true names of everything in existence. The Greeks and other cultures borrowed elements of older civilizations, like the Egyptians orginal horoscope which held forty zodiac signs or their brilliant observations of the planets and the stars."

"But I can cast spells using any language, that isn't the problem", Gaius said, flapping his hand dismissively. "It's just I neglected my training as a child and now I find it harder to connect with my inner power. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it with practice...I'll figure it out on my own, kay?"

8. Keitsumah

Cheza tried to growl when he ruffled her hair but ended up making a purring noise instead.

"You --Guh!-- I guess you win that one buster -maybe age does bring a tiny ammount of knowledge into that thick skull of yours." she said, then looked worriedly over at Angel. Teh song of the Siren was drawing closer; or was it getting louder?

9. Keitsumah

(ignore)

10. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Angel: Star Chaser's Hunt

Angel went down hard, knees stinging and hands burning, as she hit the rough ground. Silver blood leached from the shallow scrapes staining the bedrock of the cave. The songs of the sirens repeated their demented refrain in an endless round, driving the young darkkin to the brink of utter madness.

But the pain reached deep, twisting through the haze of song and chaos. Angel's precious, emotionless shield cracked. Her draconic heart howled in rage as a brilliant inner fire ignited in her soul. Eyes glowing gold, she gave into instinct and let her senses fly, following her blood seeping down between the stones. Songs. Elements. Threads. It all came crashing back.

Blind to the physical environment, she was seeing through the eyes of her soul. This writhing, pulsing all encompassing globe of threads was alive with the songs of life, the elements. Earth. Air. Water. Fire. Spirit. She looked down at the silver trail, burned into the deep green earthen thread. Her blood. A perfect mirror.

A dark, hypnotic keening sliced through the sirens' chorus. Fingers curled into claws, Angel thrust her hands deep into the threads. The latent power and lush symphonies of this besieged world flooded her soul, ending the hold of the deadly call. Angel tightened her hold on the threads, reaching deep. The earth beneath her feet shivered as her power awakened.

Her massive, passionless shield lay in ruins, filling the chasm that kept her draconic side prisoner. Daughter of the Star Chaser. Wielder of the Beaumont Flame. The beast she had feared for so long, the creature that spelled her doom...her true face, the dragon, was in control.

Her small form, limned only by the eerie glow of her silvery hair, wavered and began to shift to smoke. Fractured starlight pierced the gloom as the shimmery veil stretched, shifting and elongating. Two enormous golden eyes rose, twice the height of a man. Four feet, legs, torso, and a long slim tail slowly condensed. Long necked, slim hipped, with the slender, gangling grace of a greyhound; Graceyne voiced an ear shattering roar. Two huge, brilliantly white wings flared like sails in the darkness.

Her songs were now a tangible entity, filling the air with a darkly, sweet symphony that consumed and reflected the sirens' malevolent call. Cross point, counterpoint and melodic line, she found her songs, the voice of a thousand choirs and strings. Tucking her telltale wings flush to her back, she plunged into the very heart of the darkness, racing to meet her nemesis.

Talons struck deep, tossing her on at a staggering speed, a predator on the hunt...Round within round, refrain and countermelody, her songs coalesced as her elemental weaves gathered lighting her path through the darkness. Graceful, billowing sheets of blue water threads, deep green earth, molten gold of fire, and the pale shimmering effervescence of air, circled around a deep amethyst core of spirit. Pulsing with dense power, harmony, and light, the Tangible Cloak hovered above her as she ran.

Hints of emerald, peacock blue, indigo, and violet shone from her soft, silken hide. Her underside and wing membranes were the telltale pristine winter white the characterized the Fleurs. A billowing frill of pearly skin traced her skull and followed the length of her spine. Her massive golden eyes shone like liquid metal from her wedge shaped head. Bright white teeth flashed in a hunter's grin as her golden talons struck and sprang and struck again.

Her strides were massive, bounding with only the faintest hint of a limp in her left hind leg. Touch and go. Stones scattered and bounced as her muscles flexed, flowing with the hypnotic waltz of her symphonies. Shoulders bunching and stretching, she rounded another curve the tunnel sloped away in a steep downward incline. There was nothing but blackness at the bottom, but the smell of demon and brine assailed her senses. Graceyne trumpeted a warning and plunged ahead. This was her fight.

11. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Midnight, the other name

Midnight had stopped howling when she got further into the cave. The scent was much stronger here. Her mind rejected all emotion, as cold calculation took over. This was not a fight she looked forward too. Moving silent as her equally black shadow, she stalked forward. Her whole body was tense, all her senses was on alert. Nothing going unnoticed. Not the mouse in a hole by the wall, or the fly trying to steal its food. Her golden eyes pierced the darkness easily.

The tunnel opened into a large cave. Inside where her enemy, Inside where her former pack. They had been waiting for her ever since her howl earlier. Midnight strode forward, ignoring the wolves moving behind to surround her. She stopped to a halt in the middle of the room. Calculating her enemies abilities. They watched her, doing the same. She spotted her brother, a new scar trailing his cheek. She knew it for what it was, punishment for opposing her banishment. His eyes was determined now, this time he would kill her without hesitation. Midnight growled a greeting at him but expected none back. Their bond was already broken.

The pack had attacked her once before, hopefully they had learned from their mistake. They deserved a warriors death. If they killed her first, her death would prevent their starvation. The law of nature was harsh but fair. There were no better way to die than by helping someone she cared about.

Her enemy was closing in, they would try to overwhelm her with numbers. She predicted their move and decided to play along. She feinted a charge at the leader before spinning around to bite a young wolf in the neck. Still holding on she tossed her head, sending the wolf flying. He hit the wall and lay motionless on the floor. One down, a lot more to go. Something hit her side, sending needles of pain shooting up and down her shoulder. Hot crimson ran down her leg, covering her fur red. She snarled and spun again, her claws making deep gashes on the retreating wolfs face. A triumphant growl escaped her as she jumped head first into another, sending him sprawling. As a ghost she walked between two others. Two quick bites, left and right, two less enemies. Another burning sensation, another wound she didn't care about. Her reflexes quickened as the familiar flow of battle settled over her, the dance of wolves. She stopped feeling pain, the only feeling the rush of fighting. Her emotions lost, only cold instincts remaining. The dance of wolves was kill or be killed. Time lost meaning. She had no count of how many she killed, how many she wounded. There were always more enemies. Somewhere in the fight she had lost her hearing on the left ear. She bled from countless wounds all over her body, some of them minor, some not. She couldn't care less.

Stopping for a moment to catch her breath, she scanned the cave. The other wolves stood in a loose ring around her, thankful for the brief pause. blood covered the ground along with dead bodies. Few of her victims were dead however. Most were just wounded. A cold numbness claimed her leg and she realized just how hopeless it was. What they lacked in skills, they gained in sheer numbers. If she were to survive, she would need to outsmart them. Some sense returning, she stopped fighting on pure instinct. An imaginary smile played in her mind as she prepared to continue. The other wolves spotting her stance, quickly tensed. As they closed in she waited. The mind reader calls me the dark wolf of ages. They came in all at once determined to end her quickly. That may be true but I'm also called by another name. The first one only inches away, teeth bared and ready. I'm called... The wolf bit down on her neck, blood flowed. The manipulator of thoughts. More wolves reached her, clawing and biting. The lead wolf suddenly howled. Letting go of her, he bashed his head against the wall. Other wolves showed similar reactions, some even attacked their comrades. Every single one of them reacting differently. None of them seemed to notice the jet black wolf silently walking among them, killing as she passed. None were left alive.

After the battle, Midnight had walked back towards the others. She didn't know how far she went, her senses dulled by lack of blood. Her nose picked up the scent, they were right ahead, she just had to walk around the corner. She felt the cold closing in as the rush of battle left her. She was so tired. A small voice in her head kept telling her to walk forward, to stay awake. She ignored it. Falling to the floor she passed out. She was out of sight but the sound was sure to reach them. She surrendered to the sweet call of darkness.

12. Keitsumah

Cheza's jaw dropped when Angel transformed into a dragon and all she could do was stare at the cave she had dissapeared into.

Then she heard a faint thump behind her. Whirling around, she spotted the wolf and ran over to it, carefully checking its heart-beat. Wounds covered its body, and Cheza had the discinct sense that whatever it had fought was dead -though the wolf was now passed out from loss of blood. She sighed in releif as she lifte dher wrist and bit into it, drawing blood.

Carefully opening the wolf's mouth, Cheza let a few drops fall down the canine's throat before laying its head backd own on the floor. That should be enough to wake her up and heal her wounds. she thought, then looked at Gaius.

"Okay -what the heck is going on!?" she shouted, her hair bristling, "Last time i checked i was the only one who was a dragon -and I'm stuck behind a mask! Not. Fair!"

And if she was guessing right -she would have to keep Angels' pretty little talons off of her pair bond. Cheza growled as a possesive instinct overrode her for a second as she stepped closer to Gaius; slightly in front of him. Then she realized that Gaius could probably sense said emotion and she quickly threw up mental walls, her face burning as she stubbornly stood in front of him. He may have fought a dragon with her -but if Angel had any ideas about trying to become the dominant one here, she was in for a big surprise.

13. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Midnight

Midnight was running. Her forest was pitch black and no life existed there. She was running away from the dying sounds of her pack. She was running away from the bitter whisper of guilt and sorrow. It wouldn't matter. She would probably die anyway. Her only regret being that her pack died before her. Then suddenly the feeling that something was different.

Burning in her throat. Burning in her legs. Burning in her shoulders. Burning in her ear. Burning in her eyes. Freezing cold in her heart.
    Midnight awoke with a yelp of surprised pain. Once again back from the brink of death. She smelled blood that was not her own. Looking up she spotted a fresh wound on dragon-girl's wrist. Remembering the dragon-folk's ability to heal with their blood, she wondered why the girl had saved her. Midnight had only meet her a while ago. The burning sensation faded but the cold in her heart persisted. The events of the day came back to her, bowing her head she fought down the urge to howl. That could wait, Alukard could not.

I think i passed your test, mindreader. Experience sure comes with a high cost. She couldn't keep her sorrow out of her voice. This was far from what she wanted. She had sought the group's company, to keep her loneliness at bay. Now she felt more alone than ever.

14. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius

"Last time i checked i was the only one who was a dragon -and I'm stuck behind a mask! Not. Fair!"

Cheza was absolutely freaking out. Gaius backed away, she was kind of scary when she acted like this. Then he thought, Is she jealous...?[/B] Gaius cleared his throat to get her attention.

"Uh, girlie...you need to calm down", Gaius said slowly, calmly, as if he was approaching a wild animal. "You're over-reacting...and if you're, you know, jealous...well, don't worry 'cause I dont want TWO people in my head. I think I'd go insane." He reinforced his words by sending soothing, calming vibes through their mental link to her. He waited for her response, more thana little nervous.

15. Keitsumah

"Uh, girlie...you need to calm down" Gaius said, and Cheza's hackles rose.

"First; pick a nickname already cuz your dancing between dragon-girl and now girlie and second; glad you don't want another dragon as your Pair Bond cuz your stuck with me but the problem is you don't know how a dragon is gonna react when another one suddenly appears." This was said in complete seriousness despite the fact that she was talking about herself.

"And just saying you might want to keep from getting in front of me at the moment or even thinking about moving in general. I can't promise i won't try to sit on you."

Cheza's fangs snapped together in aggravation but the fact that she had just said that she would try to sit on him with her being so much smaller than him in this form was quite ridiculous.

16. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius

Gaius listened to his dragony partner in silence, nodding frequently and keeping a neutral expression. Cheza was in some kind of frenzy and Angel was the source. The best thing I can do right now is just nod and smile. So he did just that. When she was done his eyes wondered over to the big black dog they called 'Midnight'. Everyone said its intelligence was above average even though it behaved just like any other dumb canine. Either Gaius' was right, or that dog was putting on an impressive charade.

"If you're a dog, then be a dog", Gaius said to Midnight. "If you're some kind of hyper-smart mystical wolf, then I'd appreciate it you would refrain from chewing my cloak, or even slobbering near me. Thank you." Gaius felt kind of silly for talking to a dog of all things, but if there was a chance it could understand him, then at least he said what he had to say.

17. Keitsumah

When Cheza had finally run out of breath she gave an exasperated growl and resisted the urge to bang her head against a wall repeatedly. Stupid Dragon! Now you went and did it!

Snorting and releasing a puff of smoke from her nose, Cheza sat down and wrapped her amrs around her knees. "Ugh, stupid stupid dragon..." she muttered. "Barely even out of the egg and you go beserk over the fact that there's another dragon nearby. Stupid stupid..."

18. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Midnight

The idiot was apparently the only one who had obviously no suspicion to her at all. What a great way to entertainment. She was unsure about the raging dragon though, might be smart to keep from messing with feline-man until she calmed down.

The alien had turned into a dragon too, and was quickly disappearing into the cave with the way to loud sounds. The cave entrance reeked of blood, suffering and despair. Hopefully the girl knew her strengths and weaknesses well enough to fight the lurking monster.

The mind reader had yet to answer her comment. Maybe her thought had yet to reach him because of the distance or the twisting way of the tunnel. She hoped the siblings were still safe and sound.

Suddenly feeling cold she curled into a tight ball on the floor and closed her eyes. Keeping her other senses alert in case of danger, in a place like this one couldn't be too careful.