1. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Andrej Pejic - a transgender story

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jazzabel, Sep 17, 2014.

Since the 'Would you..." thread is closed, I'm opening a new one in order to share a story of a real transgendered person.

If you follow fashion in any way, you'd have to have been on Mars over the past 2 years in order to miss Andrej. A half Serb half Croatian refugee from a Bosnian town of Tuzla, who was raised in a refugee camp, and eventually ended up in Australia, he exploded on the international fashion scene and quickly became the most revered, admired and coveted model. He naturally looked like the most beautiful female, and yet, he was a man.

Since then, Andrej has transitioned. He was warned that fashion world might have appreciated him more when he was androgynous then as a woman, but it didn't matter to him. First thing he did was to become what he always felt he was - a she.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Unfortunately the link is not working for me.

3. jazzabel

I can see it fine, but here's the link to YouTube
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUUqEkvqrSo
    or you can search it under 'Andrej(a) - the Documentary by Micheal Hirschorn'

Lemex likes this.
  4. Lemex

Oddly both are now working for me. Sorry about that. :3

5. jazzabel

What it was, I had https instead of http because I was signed into Youtube when I grabbed the link. Thanks for letting me know though :)

Lemex likes this.
  6. Lemex

It's no problem. :) I thought it was just my internet connection messing up. Didn't want to phone yet another call centre with a complaint today, haha. :D

jazzabel likes this.
  7. Snoopingaround

Snoopingaround Banned

Being a transgender means a person is confused, seriously confused about themselves. I do not take the view that they are women who are "trapped in a man's body". If you are born male or female, then that is what you are. Some people seem born with crossed wiring in their heads and get this idea that they are the other gender, and I find that fascinating and funny. That reminds me. Some of the most duplicitous and deceptive people I have ever known in my life have been closet gays. I had this "friend" once that I had known for many months. I thought he was straight, or it wasn't an issue at the beginning anyway, and we hung out and talked and did the whole buddy thing. Throughout that time I just assumed he was a straight guy, or wanted to believe that I suppose. So I knew him for close to a year. But early on I noticed there were some things that he did and said and the way he acted a few times that made me suspect he was gay or bi, and I eventually asked him about it after my suspicions piled up. He tried to laugh it off and acted like he was surprised. He denied it to me totally, played me like a string and I accepted his words at face value like a naïve fool. Then one night, I was over at his house, and in a conversation he came out to me, and expressed his romantic affection for me. I was just disgusted. I think I am generally a good judge of people, and I had him sized up on target, but I decided to ignore my own judgment for the sake of a friend that was a lying douchebag, who I knew deep down was actually bi. He had two girlfriends while I knew him and liked women too. The thing is, I would have accepted his bisexuality and we could have remained friends. Hell, even though I am 100% straight, I might have even have experimented with him perhaps, as he was quite a good looking guy. But the way he tried to pull one over on me for so long, that was unacceptable. So I ended that friendship. I don't know why I am putting this out here on the writing forum but I guess I needed to get this off my chest just now. Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  8. jazzabel

Thanks for sharing @Snoopingaround :) In my experience, men are not very comfortable with their feminine side. If it helps, another person denying they could even be interested, and then catching you out by propositioning on their terms, this happens to women all the time - from random men, male friends, colleagues, even friend's boyfriends, a girl just never knows when she'll have to refuse someone's advances, and if it's complicated, well, that's not the guy's problem (at least that's how they usually behave). This feeling of betrayal and un-safety, is what I feel every time a guy pulls the wool over my eyes. So, welcome to our world.

ps. I had female friends who turned out to be gay/bi and like me, but it never bothered me for some reason. I wasn't interested in that sense but it didn't negatively affect our friendship at all.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014