1. Fictionalreality

Fictionalreality New Member

Another new face here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fictionalreality, Oct 27, 2007.

Hello everyone! My name is Audrey and I'm 17 years old, I've been writing stories for about five years and until recently I've been receiving feedback for some of my latest works, and since then I realized just how much I've wanted to become a writer. So I'm just your average small town girl who will pop here then and again in my spare time to ask for much needed advice and criticism.

Right now I'm working on writing this story that I've had in my head for years and I'm finally just finished outlining it and beginning to write it down on pages. If anyone is interested in reading it, just let me know. I /love/ and appreciate all criticism.

Also, I've been browsing around the site a bit before I joined. There's a lot of really good info. around here :D It's helped me a bit. I look forward to meeting everyone.

2. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome to the Writing forums. Well, I never knew I wanted to be a writer until I don't know, I just knew. Yeah, I'm a pathetic welcomer.

Here's a basic welcome from all of us. It should be obvious, but in case it isn't, let me explain. The Writing Problems Area is exclusively where opinions on different ways to write, blockages in writing styles and similar problems can be discussed. In the Review Rom, you can get critical appreciation and/or analysis of your written material. Behold, you must first review two pieces of writing before posting your own. This is ensure the pieces are evaluated to the most. Other than this, we have Writing Cotnests, weekly and monthly, where you can submit your writing. We also have Word games, Book Discussion and so on, classified under Community interaction. It may interest you if you're just hanging around.

adamant has been kind enough to put many of the things I have mentioned or missed out on in one comprehensive place. If you want to check it out, see the Newbie Packets:
    Noobie Packets! - Writing Forums

Enjoy it here, and don't feel shy to ask for help. We are all here to teach and learn in a mutual environment. And we hope you can do the same.

Regards and Best Wishes!

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Audrey, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored all of the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Hello. I for one hope you pop back in sooner than later and I am glad you have found some of the site to be useful already. If you'd like to post any of your pieces I'm sure our fair team of reviewers will give it a good looking over as will a lot of our members. See you around the site.

If you have the time at all then please feel free to enter our writing competition open to one and all. Please see this link for more details.

Short Story Contest (12) - Theme: Halloween - Writing Forums

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum I hope you have a great time here with all of us and I look forward to seeing your work around the boards.
    Torana

6. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Heya :) Welcome to the forums, I look forward to seeing you around and I hope that you settle in alright.

7. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Dear Writer,

Welcome to one of the fastest growing writers forums on the web. I’m sure if you hang around long enough you’ll begin to make new friends and enjoy becoming a participating member of the writersforum.org. I am sure that you as a new member will bring something unique and valuable to the forum, as well as find it an interesting and wonderful place to explore and learn more about the wonderful world of writing.

I have been away for awhile myself, and unfortunately have not been able to keep up with greeting the large influx of new members personally. Please forgive, but except my sincerest and belated welcome to the forum.

Cordially yours,

Trailer Trash