Any fellow bipolar out there????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by staceylouise, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Heh my record I think was 58 hours, slept 4 hours was up 36 hours, slept 4 hours and was up 24 hours before getting back on a regular 8 hour nights rest.

2. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

I've had similar, 56-2-29-3 and then I finally got my prescription filled. That was when I was on Seroquel, the second most miserable med I've ever had*. I would wake up exhausted and only grow more tired throughout the day. On top of that it was before the ACA, I was dirt poor and in college and couldn't afford any insurance. My shrink was seeing me pro bono, but I still couldn't afford the meds, so I got enrolled in their financial assistance program.

Those systems are terrible. You have to jump through so many hoops, and if you don't order in time you're screwed. And seroquel wasn't keeping me controlled so I didn't order in time a lot.

Every time I missed a dose of Seroquel I immediately went hypo-manic and made everyone around me lock up their knives.

*the most miserable was Abilify which kept me awake and vomiting, with a pounding headache, for 48 hours. Usually when your sick you can loose yourself in sleep for a bit. I couldn't sleep at all and felt every single second of that 48 hours.

3. Lewdog

The two worst for me were Paxil which gave me horrible hot flashes and Zoloft which made me feel drunk and dizzy.

4. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Geodon actually made me sweat more. I wasn't hotter, I just made more sweat.

5. Lewdog

The worst is when you are going through withdrawal and have cold sweats. Your feet feel ice cold no matter how many pairs of socks you put on, but you are sweating like you are in the middle of the desert.