1. wadscuttle

wadscuttle New Member

Anybody use snowflake pro?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by wadscuttle, Oct 15, 2015.

I'm thinking about purchasing Snowflake Pro since I use the Snowflake Method. Does anyone have experience with it? I already have Scrivener so I'm not sure if it's worth getting.

2. Jeff Countryman

Jeff Countryman Living the dream

I'd vote against it. I think that using the method lends itself to the logical progression and you could use basic software to accomplish it. Just my opinion.

3. wadscuttle

wadscuttle New Member

Thanks for your input, Jeff. Have you used the software?

4. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

I also have scrivener and I looked over both the method and the software. I don't think you need this and I'll tell you why.

Here is a ss from my scrivener:

[​IMG]

You can easily replace Page with Scene or Chapter.

That begins your outline. The synopsis card is your expanded writeup. Then within the editor, you can fill-in as much as you need.

For characters, I don't have much, but I have a line up of the past:

[​IMG]

I have character personalities down in my head, so I'm not worried about that.

You currently have a tool that may be the most you'll need to spend.

I have one other tool, Aeon Timeline, but it's not being used much at this point as I'm not putting that much detail into my world at this time. Just enough to pique reader interest and starting to utilize it too much as this early a stage will probably cause logic errors require retconning.

So, you have Scrivener and it will certainly allow you to use the snowflake method. You just need to adapt it to your needs.

wadscuttle likes this.
  5. wadscuttle

wadscuttle New Member

Thank you, Robert_S! You've been very helpful. I shall utilize Scrivener in the way you suggested. :)