Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Shandeh, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"Freedom from this place." Vex snarled, yanking against his chains and causing another flood of blue blood. The dragon was fed up with being trapped. He wanted to bathe the world in red like his skin, turn back to his true form and show what the angels and demons had forgotten:

The fury of the first, and last, dragon to be born.

Tala's lip curled in a snarl, red eyes glinting startlingly like a demon's. "Yeah, I know that. And i have a feeling that I can do this-" she turned, stepping forward until her face was just a hairs-breadth from the demon's "-and He won't let you hurt me. Now, you can either die, or you can come peaceably. Hugo, you are coming with me whether you like it or not. You're not in trouble, but if your new . . . friend agrees to be nice, then you may just go up in the rankings today."

"I know you're name because I looked it up. Your father wasn't unknown apparently." she said quietly to Hugo.

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Very surprising." She said with sarcasm. Lucy sat down and pulled her knees up against her body as she stared into the eyes of the monster. She wasn't fearful. She herself was actually older then Vex and even at time possible rivaled the powers of Micheal himself. But that was lon ago.

"Tell me dragon. What make's you think that I the Morningstar am obligated to help you? What would I get return?" She asked

3. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Hugo Millery

Hugo's eyes shifted towards an oddly dressed, bare-footed woman who had appeared just outside the circle that surrounded him and Nyxx. She spoke very oddly and Hugo had trouble understanding anything she was saying. She seemed to be interested in him and Nyxx, and offered her protection. Hugo felt as if he was dreaming. His perspective of reality had been severly warped by the war, but people appearing out of nowhere, speaking in phrases that he'd only read in old books. That was something new. He had to be dreaming, only in dreams did random people offer their protection for no apparent reason. Hugo quietly pinched his own skin. He was very much awake. Before he could even respond to the bare-footed woman, Talahari had approached him.

"Yeah, I know that. And i have a feeling that I can do this-"

Talahari came dangerously close to Nyxx, Hugo's heart skipped a few beats. He was about to step in, and do whatever it would take to stop the two from fighting, when she backed off. So it was death or capture, there was no apparent good choice to make.

"I know you're name because I looked it up. Your father wasn't unknown apparently."

The muscles in his jaw loosened, vivid eagerness flooded through the blue of his eyes. "You know my father?" Nyxx, the soldiers, the strange woman, all faded into the background. He could care less about what happened to the world. If Talahari knew anything about his father, where he was, or if he was still alive. He had to know.

4. Keitsumah

The draogn growled. That was a difficult thing to answer. he was not one to give up something easilly, but . . .

"Chaos. This war has gone on longer than it deserves to. I plan to destroy everything, but if you don't want that I guess you'll have to come with another agreement. I doubt i will be able to be in here much longer anyways until i fall under her control." Vex spat out the word with venomous intent, and his tail lashed. Oh, how he wanted to tear her apart piece by piece . . .

Talahari shook her head, but before the boy could become dissapointed she knelt in front of him, pressing a torn sheet of paper into his hands. "This was in the records. He was one of the few who were literate, so he had to keep track of things. I'm sorry, but the text we received from him stopped after several weeks. I don't know what happened after that. He may be alive, dead, or something else. I really don't know."

Then she turned her attention to the demon. Something close to recognition crossed her face, but she had never been face-to face with a demon before. How could she feel like she'd seen hims somewhere before?

Rubbing at her head as a dull ache began to grow, Tala forced the confusing thoughts to the back of her mind. Not now. Later she might be able to question him.

5. Kingtype

Lucy laughed madly at Vex's words. "Why would I want you to end this war? Its far to fascinating. I'm enjoying to see how my sweets react to it all. I've been observing them all these years. Incredible isn't it? Despite these hardships they continue to persist." Lucy was going off tangent on a rant praising the beings he was talking about.

6. Keitsumah

Vex growled, and his head lowered as if in shame. "All but my kind." a deep sigh escaped. "Lilith never respected us. We used to serve the demons, reptile kin to kin. Kinra . . . now there was a demoness worth becoming Queen . . ." his eyes glazed over as if in memory, then he shook his head, lip curling. "But she may as well be dead now after what Lilith did. That bitch. Graaaaagh!" the roar billowed up from his chest, shaking the room with its thunderous report. Yanking at the nails that bound his wings, at the chains that held him to the wall, his eyes were mad with the need to escape. To fly. To burn. Oh it had been so long since he had breathed fire, his parched throat ached for it.

"Let me go, and I will give you my name. Lilith has been trying to get it out of me for forever, and it will be sweet revenge to escape her!" Vex knew that by giving his name, he literally handed over his will to the devil, but at this point he would do anything to spite the Dark Queen.

7. Kittenscribbler

Kittenscribbler New Member

'Sister has picked up another pet', Famine noticed as she trotted up to her side, 'he's a queer little thing.' Famine peered round her sister to look at the funny little man, her face was blank as she took him in, she could feel her sister's fatigue through their one mind. So she soul healed him and after all that magic she used in the mansion she could have pushed her body too far, catching snippets of thought from her sister Famine was concerned, she thought she was Death, not Death's conduit... oh dear... out of nerves and habit she began to draw the life force from around her, using it to bolster her sister's health, she dismounted and headed over to the... Dexter?.. Famine vaguely recalled one of her favourite old-time shows had been named that... she circled him, inspecting, he smelt of tobacco and Hellfire?!

Although she was rarely one to speak she chose to this time, "What are you?" she kept out of arms reach, if the man touched her he would wither and fade and Death would be mad if her new pet was injured...

8. Kingtype

Lucy nodded. "Yes your name would be quite valuable. I'll take it but if I free you I have two more requests. If you are willing to agree to them then I shall let you free and can do with this planet as you please."

It was always something. Dexter thought to himself and it was. One minute he's being blasted out of the fucking sky, the next Death is trying to bully him around into being some sort of dog and now another horsemen is asking him stupid questions. Dexter sighed put on his best friendly face. "Another one of the Four I suppose? Which one are you?" He asked not bothering to look at her horse.

"Anyway its not hard to see what I am. I'm an average white American...........that happens to specialize in all things abnormal.....well or something like that. I'm a drifter basically." He told her. That was the truth. He had been wandering for sometime as far as he could remember. Dexter seemed more interested in exploring the world then he did talking to the Horsemen.

9. Keitsumah

"What are they?" Vex hissed. "I won't give up my name until you tell me what I am getting into."

10. Shandeh

Shandeh Active Member

Nyxx
    The young demon snarled, but didn't move. It was utterly unacceptable that an angel invade his personal space like that. He raged quietly in place, a low growl emanating from somewhere deep in his chest. Begging Hugo with his eyes to let him attack, he stood stock still.

And then it hit him. He had seen that angel before. She wasn't actually an angel at all. That... that was Kinra. Lilith's sister. Younger sister, by millennia, but sister all the same. Nyxx kept his mouth clamped firmly shut, lest he say something he would regret. But the growl cut off abruptly and he put his warhammer back in its place on his back. His tail lashed slowly from side to side. Dark magic gathered on his wings. He vented it into the ground through his feet. The presence of a demon of such power that Lilith had deemed her a threat was intoxicating, even if that demon stank of angel.

Death
    "Sister," Death said warmly. "Dexter, Famine. Don't touch her. You would most likely not survive such recklessness. Once we have found a worthy Conduit for Plague, you would be wise not to touch her either."

Her body was almost healed, thanks to Famine's efforts, but her mind would be addled for a while yet. There was only so much soul magic a person could handle in one day. Even if that person's capabilities for comprehending such a phenomenon were greatly enhanced by a dark, deadly mistress.

11. Kittenscribbler

Kittenscribbler New Member

It was so funny that Famine almost smiled, his behavior was almost arrogant, it was adorable but then again Famine's sense of beauty had always been what others would call 'warped.' She decided she liked him, which meant she would deign to speak to him, "You're cute but sister's right, Plague and I cannot touch anyone but another horseman without it wasting away" It was almost a shame in this case but there it is.

Death was better so Famine slowed the flow of energy, she noticed something odd, "My miasma doesn't affect Dexter... and he smells of hellfire, yet he claims to be human?" He really was a strange being, Famine remounted her horse, 'where to now sister?' she asked through their shared mind, she was greatly enjoying the game but it was Death's place to move the pieces, Famine would get to play around later when the chaos started; Sabotaging the efforts of both sides, giving advice and help randomly, double crossing and spying, generally wreaking havoc, of course she would also be making plays for her sister while Death watch over the madness, she was so excited she actually grinned sadistically, a small spread of her lips but the effect was creepy all the same, "All Hell is going to break loose."

12. Macaberz

Hugo Millery

Hugo blinked. His mind was racing, besieging him with questions, but the words couldn't make their way through the lump in his throat. Talahari lowered herself to his height and pressed a piece of paper into his hands. He glanced around, as if seeking approval to unfold the scrap of wrinkled paper. He carefully opened it and began to read his father's hasty handwriting. The skin in his face paled, as if the air itself had usurped all his lifeforce. His head hung low, his eyes skidded over the gentle strokes of black ink. The lump in his throat tightened, his breath began to flutter. A salty drop splashed onto the paper, then another, and another. His hopes had been squandered, washed away like the ink mingling with his tears. His dreams of ever seeing his father again had been blasted to smithereens. He retreated deeply into himself, his hands trembled and the weight of the paper almost became too heavy to hold. The only thing that was keeping him on his feet was the knowledge that he wasn't the last Millery alive.

Maurice,

We are surrounded and outnumbered. It is unlikely that I will return. We have had many differences but I beg you, brother, to take care of Hugo. He has what you need.

Love,

Edward Millery.

13. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"Tis' conflict hath been the most though to face for humans..." said Ivalna with a low tone

"Demons hath been waiting eons for tis' day.... And the angels were all time ready to face their natural enemies..."

She fixed her glance upon Hugo, both her eyes, one gold and another black a piercing gaze...

"Humanity was never ready for the out break and the punishment.... Thee played foolish without knowledge until it just happened.....
    It's not only thy family... but many hath faced the bitter end.... "

She then closed her eyes for a short time of ten seconds...

"It's fair for thou to feel sadness and to shed thy tears.... But it's also thy duty to survive on this merciless world... and struggle against fate as the mortal thou are....
    Save thy tears for later... for now worry to escape from this situation..."

The woman tried her best to help Hugo and Nyxx to escape from their hunters... And tried the best to not deny his sadness..

Yet Hugo didn't say anything but cried... and the woman never looked at the paper... It was as if she knew what was wrote on the letter beforehand... no, more likely as if she inmediatly knew as soon as Hugo opened it.

From inside the robes of the woman, walking toward her hand a black sword slowly materialized itself...

"And then I ask thou... would thou fight for thy fate?..."

She didn't attack, but waited for the reaction of the human and demon she just had met... then turned her glance to Hugo once again, this time showing a smile

"Thy uncle is waiting for thou.."

14. Macaberz

Hugo Millery

A soft, gentle humming tone hit his ears. Fading in and out like the tides of the sea. Slowly, Hugo looked up. He wiped a fat tear from his eye and blinked, trying to close the floodgates of his soul. He saw that odd woman again, he was unable to decode the slur of poetic sounding words that she was throwing at him. A part of him didn't want to understand either, and merely wanted to be left alone. But curiosity overruled his grief, "w-what did you say?" His own voice sounded alien to him, raspy and broken.

15. lixAxil

But curiosity overruled his grief, "w-what did you say?" His own voice sounded alien to him, raspy and broken.

The woman smiled again...

"Mortals hath perished within time, even before tis' happened.... And a big number shall perish on the future.... but tis' is the normal cycle of life.... However if thee don't ensure the survival of humanity it will matter no more....
    Save thy tears for later... thy father would hath surely preferred for thou to stand and withstand thy fate...
    Remember what I said earlier... As long as thee life entertains me... I'll be thy lance and thy shield..."

She then aimed her blade toward the heavenly host...

"Is good that I'm a human.... Humanity is the most interesting contender...."

16. Macaberz

Remember what I said earlier... As long as thee life entertains me... I'll be thy lance and thy shield..."

Hugo stuffed away the paper in his pocket. His lips quivered, he had to swallow a few times before he could speak again. "No," he said bitterly. A flame of anger rushed through his chest, flushing his cheeks and evaporating the tears in his eyes. These people, they didn't understand. If only they had known his father, if only they would've spent one hour at the Millery' s before the war, then perhaps, they would understand his loss. He had hoped, that his father was still alive, that his sister was still alive. Idiot! You thought you could find them? It was all gone now, every day he had spent searching for his family had been a waste of time. His eyes fixed on the strange woman, then flicked to Talahari and Nyxx. They didn't understand a damn thing.

"I don't want your help!" A hellish blaze surged through his veins, he shoved the strange woman aside. But there was no way out. They were still surrounded. Frustrated, Hugo flopped down, he clenched his hands and watched his knuckles turn white. He tugged his knees closer to his chest and wrapped his arms around his shins. What did it all matter now? What did he still have worth fighting for, worth surviving for? He had no purpose, he was nothing more than a broken machine, brought to an untimely halt. He closed his eyes, he wished that he was alone, that Talahari, Nyxx, the soldiers, the women, that they were all gone. Stripped away from his sight and hearing, as if they'd never been there. Red-hot hatred smoldered inside of him. He hated them, all of them.

17. lixAxil

The woman smiled...
    After all the fact that he rejected his offer draw her attention even more..

"Then I shall not ask for thou permission... I'll act on my own desire... And is currently a fixation upon thee..."

In other words, for her the opinion of Hugo didn't really matter at all

18. Macaberz

Maurice Millery

Maurice was pacing through his office. That self-indulgent, bloated baffoon Raphael had called an all out offensive against the demons. Did the 'High' Seraph not realize how much delicate plans and schemes he had discarded in the process? Did he not realize he was playing to the whims of the four by engaging in open war? Did he not know that all this war would bring was the all-out destruction of both the angels and the demons? Maurice grinded his teeth. His plans to control the Angels and the demons, to end the war, had been destroyed. Now all he was left with were the hundreds of thousands of records of all living individuals. Almost all. Precisely the people he desired to meet had eluded him, stalked to the shadows like sewer rats, hiding from his vast network of spies.

Raphael was a fool if he thought he could win the war, and so was Lilith. Both had failed to see the true way of resolving the war. By controlling the four. Control is key, Maurice thought to himself. He sat down at his desk. The eyes of Edward stared back at him through a glass-covered frame. Edward was smiling on the picture, taken two years ago in the heart of Sydney itself. His daughter Isabelle was smiling as well, leaning casually against her older brother, Hugo.

The knowledge that Talahari had come across the boy was the only glimmer of hope Maurice had. His only chance to make his plans work. If the boy was alive, then maybe the key could still be made. Maurice had collected all the parts required. He knew the design of the key all too well, but no one had been able to construct the key. Several hundreds of tiny wheels and cogs would have to be put in exactly the right place, in the right order, or it would not work. And those idiots Raphael and Lilith, busy as they were waging war, had killed almost everyone with enough skill to construct the device. Edward had done it, he had been so close to completing it. Maurice sighed, all he could hope for was that the boy was technically as gifted as his father. He poured himself a glass of strong liquor and leaned back in his chair, letting his worries wander away from his mind.

Hugo Millery

That woman was talking to him again. Evidently his choice didn't matter, she'd follow him anyway. What was he? Some sort of people magnet? Had some unknowable force decided that he was in dire need of company? Did he need to make up for those twelve months of solitude? Hugo battled fiercely against his emotions. At least he could go to his uncle, and he wouldn't have to scavenge for food anymore. Still, the prospect of living with Maurice didn't cheer him up. Maurice was warm on the outside but cold and calculated on the inside. His father and Maurice had not separated as loving, but as distrustful brothers. His father had never wanted speak about Maurice in the last few weeks before his call to the front had arrived, and Hugo did not know why. Something in Maurice had upset Edward, and Hugo had come to think worse of Maurice because of it. With a sigh, he forced himself on his feet, -deliberately dodged the woman's eyes- and slumped towards Talahari. "I'll go with you to my uncle, if he can come." He motioned towards Nyxx but, again, avoided eye contact.

19. lixAxil

The woman didn't flinch at the sudden choice of Hugo... It was as if she already predicted that outcome...

..."So thou'll go with the angels, seeking for thy uncle.... Young mortal.... is this a desire with a good or evil intention coming from thou?..."

She then lowered her head and chuckled waving it...

..."No.. forgive me... That was a rude and foolish question.... And I hope it wasn't a right one.... There shan't be fun if the choices are only good or evil..... When thou flip a golden coin... do thou desire for heads or tails?..... In mine case, I desire for the coin to land in the border and remain like that...."

She smiled again..

..."Still thou are truly an interesting one.... Ivalna... that's the name I shall respond to.... Yes... that is an adequate name for I..."

Then she turned her face toward Nyxx...

..."And thou little demon.. thou are the other element that caught mine interest.... Tell me... What is those that thou seek for?... A victory for the demons?... or something of a complete different nature?..."

20. Keitsumah

Talahari nodded, taking Hugo by the hand and pulling him onto her back. But the strange woman -Ivalna's- words made her head come up and her eyes blaze for some odd reason:

"So thou'll go with the angels, seeking for thy uncle.... Young mortal.... is this a desire with a good or evil intention coming from thou?..."

An image like that of a grainy TV screen flickered over her body in that instant, revealing tall, curling horns and four huge bat-like wings as a thin, whip-like tail lashed around Talahari's ankles. But as quickly as it had been seen, it vanished. Only Nyxx could have registered the sudden rise of dark power within the angel, leaving the taste of lightning in the air just before it strikes.

"You need not question him." Tala hissed, "What right do you have? Leave the boy alone, for you are lucky enough as it is that I have to bring you all before Lord Raphael." Pulling the boy's arms around her neck, Talahari jumped high into the air before pumping her wings -aiming to make Hugo's trip through the air a bit easier on him. Waving for a guard to take Ivalna, she nodded to Nyxx and then turned towards the white-pillared walls of Raphael's domain.

21. Macaberz

Hugo Millery

Hugo found flying to be highly uncomfortable. The wind dried his eyes and whistled in his ears. His arms tensed at any sudden turns Talahari made. He glanced over his shoulder to see if Nyxx was coming along as well, which luckily he was.

Maurice Millery

Maurice looked out of the window of his tower. The city was smoldering at his feet, at least the parts beyond the white wall that Raphael had erected were. He spotted a few shimmering specks in the sky. So Talahari had returned, but would she bring the boy? Maurice hurried himself out of his office and awaited Talahari's arrival atop the high, white wall.

22. Keitsumah

Raphael looked up from his scrolls. Something's not right.

Then the flicker of magic came again in the back of his mind -a ward breaking. The Seraph's hand clenched and snapped the feather he had been writing with, ink spattering the paper like a demon's black blood. Which it would be, if he did not replace that ward immediately.

"Talahari . . . " he muttered, walking out towards the balcony and extending his senses out to feel where that ward was as it continued to flicker and weaken. Ah, she was flying towards him. Good, then he could replace the ward and no one would be the wiser.

Spying Maurice below, the Seraph leapt off the balcony and landed beside the man with an easy flap of his wings to soften the landing. "Good Afternoon, Maurice. I see you wish to meet with Talahari just as much as I do." he said, a cocky grin curling his lip as he caught the man staring directly where the dot that was Tala approached.

23. Macaberz

Maurice Millery

"Sir," Maurice said while making a low bow. He followed the Seraph's gaze skyward. "Do you think they have that boy?" Maurice said, unable to contain his excitement. "I am sorry, how rude of me. Sir if I may ask, do you have any particular interest in the child? I do not mean to interfere but if I may, I would like to...speak to him alone. He is my cousin you see and I am afraid he might become fear full in your presence."

24. Keitsumah

Raph waved Maurice off, still in a pleasant mood on the outside, but inside, he was actually fearful. If Talahari's wards did not get replaced soon...

"Well, i may and I may not. It was really more that Talahari was interested in the boy-" Raph's words cut off abruptly as he spotted the demon, and for a moment the Seraph paled. "Oh dear . . ." The clouds had darkened above, the ominous rumble of lightning coming in the distance. It really was not the male he was worried about, but the power that could break loose upon the city if that demon awoke Kinra, the younger sister of the Queen of demons. Kinra had been no trouble to the angels or humans during the war -on the odd occasion that the Seraph had actually heard of her, she had been quite docile compared to the other demons, but stories of her power preceded the young demoness until she had dissapeared suddenly from the courts -banished by her sister for no known reason.

A demon like that on the loose... untamed... it was terrifying.

Narrowing his eyes, the Seraph focused on the demon flying alongside Talahari. He seemed to refuse to stay any farther away than a mere foot's distance between their beating wings, and his eyes were not focused on Tala, but the boy.

"You may not be able to speak to him alone, i fear. The boy's got a demon with him." Raph muttered.

25. Macaberz

Maurice narrowed his eyes, his human sight failed him however and he drew a binocular out of his pocket. The Seraph was right, a large demon was flying close to Talahari. His eyes remained on the angel for a while longer, desire started to kindle inside of him. She looked beautiful with her black-tipped wings beating steadily against darkening clouds. There was a storm coming. A boy with greasy, sloppy black hair was riding her back. His eyes indistinguishably blue, like his father's. Somewhere behind those features was the boy from the picture, but it would require several bars of soap, some new clothes, and a proper haircut to bring back the pre-war Hugo. Maurice smiled, Edward's kid looked upset and confused, just how Maurice needed him to be. If he could give the boy a taste of fatherly love, then he would control him. And control was everything.

Everything.

"You may not be able to speak to him alone, i fear. The boy's got a demon with him."

Maurice lowered his binocular. "Then I suggest we deal with the demon, unless he proves to be of value. But I doubt it." Maurice sniffed, "he reeks."