Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Shandeh, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Hugo Millery

"I didn't know demons could sing," Hugo stood barechested, and with a towel drapped over his shoulder, at Nyxx's bath. His hair had been cut first, then one of his uncles handmaiden had chased him into a bath in the bathing hall. There were many baths in the room, enclosed by heavy curtains. Hugo had felt uneasy at first, he was one of the few humans among the angels and they seemed to look down on him. But now that he'd washed and scrubbed himself, the looks burning in his back had halved. The baggy, white linnen pants that he'd been alloted was like velvet to his skin. "You've been in here for ages," Hugo laughed. His hair was still dripping with water and spots of foam had settled on top of his freshly-cut hair. He rubbed his towel over his head, "it's quite nice isn't it." His mood had clearly brightened as well, the water had washed away his worries for the time being. So much so that he hadn't the slightest clue that Nyxx might not appreciate to see him bathe.

2. Shandeh

Shandeh Active Member

Nyxx
    Opening his eyes slowly, as if waking from a pleasant dream, Nyxx let a slow smile spread across his face.

"Yes," he said, his voice smooth and mellow as if he were still singing. "We have many songs of our own, but I thought better of singing one of those. They are quite violent. Demons sing mostly of our glory in battle. It might bother an angel. I thought it would be a bad idea to do that again."

Nyxx had burned the dirt out of his shorts using green demon fire earlier. The angels' reaction had amused him greatly, but it was probably not the best idea for him to repeat that decision. Half-prank though it may have been. Unlike Hugo, he had not been given anything new to wear. Other than a loincloth, and no self-respecting demon would be caught dead wearing one of those. He had burned the loincloth, too, with the same demon fire.

His wing muscles were beginning to cramp from him laying on them for so long. He got up and, using a toe claw, pulled the plug out to let the water drain, wings spread wide to allow the water to drip off them. Then, without picking up a towel because his claws would probably shred right through it, he put his shorts back on, and stretched out the cramps in his wings. "The bath is pleasant, but too small for a demon. I wonder if there is a larger one."

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Raphael

Raph jumped when Death simply materialized with a deafening bang in his throne-room. Everyone else present screamed or ran, fleeing her presence, but the High Seraph simply gave her an amused smile.

"Looking for something, Angel?" His sword materialized in her grasp, and the angel's jaw hardened, his eyes turning to steel. Now that smile was nothing more than a bad memory.

"Yes, and i believe that sword is mine, Death. I would appreciate it's safe return." he said, barely controlling his anger enough to speak. But he knew better than to piss the bitch off. It would only come to end badly for him.

Talahari

Talahari stirred in her bed, confused for a moment by the clean smell of new sheets and the feel of a soft mattress beneath. Then the pain in her wing had her gasping, and a pair of hands held her down when she would have jumped up.

"Easy, miss. We only just managed to get a cast on it." the maid murmured, and Tala forced her body to relax enough to slump back into the sheets. The maid released her hold, walking away to get something. When she returned, Tala smelled something potent being proffered under her nose.

"It's wine, dear. It will help you sleep." the maid said, and Tala gulped down the fiery liquid gratefully. As soon as she had finished the last drop, her mind immediately grew foggy, and her eyes closed. The maid fussed around with her sheets and positioned her wing more comfortably, but after that only darkness claimed her thoughts.

She thought she was dreaming. Walking down the aisle of baths and showers as angels and human males alike came and went. She didn't feel the least embarrassed oddly enough -she knew she was invisible to them. How, she did not know, it was just something that the dream had placed in her delirious mind.

When she turned a corner, she spied Hugo and the demon speaking to one another, though their voices were too muted for her to hear. Striding towards them, she waved when Hugo seemed to glance her way, but the boy didn't even notice. Odd.

Looking behind her as if that would solve the problem, her eyes widened when she spied her wing, or rather, wings. Four huge, bat-like wings sticking out of her back where her angelic ones should have been. Breath halting, she looked down, then shrieked in alarm when she saw that she no longer had humanoid legs, but those of a gazelle's, the soft fur as red as blood. A long, whip-like tail flicked about near her left hoof, and when she looked at her hands they were black-scaled and clawed. Reaching up in horror, she felt long, spiraling horns, again like a gazelle's, spearing upwards from her temples.

"Gods above and below what happened to me!?" she squeaked.

4. Shandeh

Shandeh Active Member

Death
    Death responded to Raphael's well-controlled fury with her most demonic chuckle. Provoking him was entertaining. What remained of the Nephilim part of her thought that it was a bad idea, but she knew differently. She dismounted her horse and gave a deep, mocking bow. "Illusion, Angel. I thought you of all people would recognize that. The magic-use. Angelic magic, how strange it feels to use that after all this time. Yes, your servant was correct in telling you that I had taken possession of the blade. I have it in storage in the aether, and have set a series of challenges. Only the one who proves him or herself most worthy will be granted possession of the weapon - freshly cursed so that only he or she might touch it, and his or her descendants, if any. If you want it back, you will have to get off your lazy behind and get it for yourself. But you will have a battle of wits ahead of you, with many worthy opponents. And as I told the Demon Queen Lilith, a show of force will not be sufficient... even if you manage to be the overall winner of the challenges. You are to send one team of five. No more, no less. Whether you are personally a part of that team or not is unimportant, but only those who complete the challenges with their own physical presence will be considered. I know you will send a team, for if you do not, the blade will fall under Lilith's control - and we don't want that, now, do we? A powerful weapon like that, in the hands of demons, under the control of demons?" She gave a terrifying grin. "That would be most entertaining. One more thing, before I go. Kill the human Irina. I want her soul."

Death would wait, this time, for the High Seraph's reaction. Hopefully it would be worth her time.

Nyxx
    "...Kinra?" Nyxx asked under his breath, staring at the presence of Lilith's little sister. Spirit-walking... it took an incredible amount of power to do that. And a complex combination of narcotics, usually. Demon-made wine was commonly laced with exactly the right combination, but most angels who partook of it didn't know that. Angels couldn't Walk in the demon way. Knowledge of the process was a closely kept secret.

He wasn't sure if the Princess would be able to respond to him. And he didn't especially like the fact that Hugo was there. The human would most likely be unable to see Kinra, unless he was a medium. Nyxx had little shame - he was a demon, shame was not a concept his kind considered often - but even so, he was not a fan of the idea of looking like he was talking to a voice in his head. That was something crazy people did, and crazy people were dangerous. He sighed and put the thought from his mind. Kinra, he would recognize. He might have chosen a human master, but a Demon Queen he recognized held more influence. Not, he thought, that Kinra was likely to go directly against Hugo's wishes.

"You're spirit-walking, Milady. This is who, and what, you truly are."

5. Keitsumah

Raphael

Raph's lip curled as Death made a fool of him. He actually did not care in the least about going after the sword -he was too lazy for that. But if he sent some powerful and well controlled people after it . . .

A cocky smile split his face. Yes, that would be perfect. He had Talahari under his control, as well as the boy -adding the new and powerful demon to the contingent. If he hired a professional to assist them . . . yes. . . that left only one person left, and he knew Maurice may not wish to be left out of the fun.

"I'll see that she meets with a tragic accident. You know i am not like a demon to just kill her out in the open, Death. Bad for moral you know." he said. "Also . . .challenge accepted. But where am I to look for my blade?"

Kinradamni

Tala froze, staring with huge eyes towards the demon. Even in this form she was still small, and if any demon could look adorable, she could probably pull it off. That was her defense -looking cute and soft even for a demon, but at the same time she could prove lethal with those horns and tail. Her nature was deception, though she was innocent at heart.

"Y-you're nuts. I'm not a demon! And you-" her voice choked off as she realized he had just spoken to her as if she was a higher rank than he was. Long, elf-like ears swiveling forwards and a deep blush coming to her face beneath the black scales, she backed up a pace. "Don't call me that. I'm not your . . . anything. I'm the High Seraph's Assassin. Nothing more."

6. Macaberz

"The bath is pleasant, but too small for a demon. I wonder if there is a larger one."

Hugo lifted his small shoulders, "I don't think there is," he said, trying to flatten his hair with his hands, "but we could go swimming by the lake, it's not that far from he-"

"...Kinra?"

"What?" Hugo frowned, then traced Nyxx's eyes to a point, hovering just above and behind his own shoulder. "Who's Kinra?" But Nyxx ignored him.

"You're spirit-walking, Milady. This is who, and what, you truly are."

Hugo crossed his arms. "I am not a girl," he glanced at his chest, "do I look like one? Girls have...they...they look different." It took a while for him to realize that Nyxx hadn't been talking to him. He waved his hand in front of Nyxx's face, "are you alright? Who's Kinra? What's going on?" He no longer cared that he was still wet, or that his uncle would expect him to be back by now. There was something interesting going on, and anything that could take his mind off his father was a welcome change.

1 person likes this.
  7. Shandeh

Shandeh Active Member

Death
    All this chaos, it was beautiful! So beautiful. Death enjoyed little more than angering the High Seraph, even though her Nephilim body was more angel than demon. The cocky smile irritated her. He was an arrogant prat and needed to be cut down to size. "Lilith will be sending her Five Elite, no doubt. You will require five with brilliant minds to hope to equal Lilith's team, much less outstrip it. Will you never learn, Raphael? Demons may be physically slow, but they are highly intelligent. Never will you meet a stupid demon. Those who act stupid are in fact the cleverest of all. I see you thinking of who best to send to maintain control of your weapon. I may just deliver the blade to Lilith to spite you if you continue to allow your selfishness to overcome all logic. Or perhaps I might undo all your wards and seals on the demon princess Kinra. Though not yet. Not... yet."

She mounted the spectral horse once more, mainly to punctuate her next statement. "I will tell you where the challenges have been set if you can bring yourself to show your enemy the respect she deserves, by naming five worthy champions to counter her Five Elite. If not... I shall ride for the location, and you shan't have your blade. Fail too many of my tests, Raphael, and I shall open the gates of Heaven once more, to summon forth one of your superiors. Most likely Raziel, knower-of-all, or Metatron, highest of angels." Death's tone was conversational, as if she were discussing plans to invite good friends to her home for dinner. In truth she was exhilarated. This chaos could only facilitate precisely the reason the Horsemen rode. Soon, she hoped, War would break free of her seal. Or be freed, by a worthy Conduit. Either way.

Nyxx
    Huffing out an amused chuckle at Hugo's reaction to his words to Kinra, Nyxx chose to respond to his human master first. "I speak not to you, Hugo, but to Lilith's sister Kinra, the only Demon Queen I recognize. I am well. Better than well - indeed, I am most joyous to discover that Milady has lost none of her power to the angel Raphael's puppetmastership." He paused, turned his attention back to Kinra's presence. "Milady Kinra, on the contrary. You are presently Raphael's willing puppet, but I would know your eyes anywhere, in any form. All demons know how to recognize their Princess. Milady is most certainly and without a doubt Lilith's gentler and worthier sister. Your conscious self refuses to acknowledge it but I see the recognition spark in your soul whenever I use that name. Kinra. There, feel that? The subtle warming? I know you do, I know what you can do. Your demonic majesty will burn bright once again and Raphael will tremble at your presence!"

8. Macaberz

"What's so funny?" Hugo demanded, still offended. He cocked his head and looked at Nyxx, as if to make sure that this was the same Nyxx that had demolished his bedroom. To his dismay, it was.

"I speak not to you, Hugo, but to Lilith's sister Kinra, the only Demon Queen I recognize. I am well. Better than well - indeed, I am most joyous to discover that Milady has lost none of her power to the angel Raphael's puppetmastership."

"There is no one else he-"

Milady Kinra, on the contrary. You are presently Raphael's willing puppet, but I would know your eyes anywhere, in any form. All demons know how to recognize their Princess. Milady is most certainly and without a doubt Lilith's gentler and worthier sister. Your conscious self refuses to acknowledge it but I see the recognition spark in your soul whenever I use that name. Kinra. There, feel that? The subtle warming? I know you do, I know what you can do. "

Hugo considered to run to his uncle for help. Nyxx was going utterly mad. The way he was ranting to the air, gesturing wildly under the impression that he was talking to someone. But Hugo stopped himself. If anything happens, he's done for. That's what Maurice had said. He wondered if Nyxx turning into a raving madman fullfilled those conditions. He flared his nostrils, Maurice would grab any excuse to get rid of Nyxx, and Hugo was left to wonder why. Before he could come up with a solution, Nyxx decided that declaring his allegiance to the demons in the middle of the Angelic Capital was splendid idea.

"Your demonic majesty will burn bright once again and Raphael will tremble at your presence!"

Hugo slammed his the palm of his hand against his forehead, then stomped Nyxx in his side. "Shh! Do you have a deathwish?" He hissed. He glanced around, luckily no one seemed to have noticed Nyxx's war cries. In fact, Hugo soon discovered that the bathing hall was entirely abandoned, save for a shy ray of moonlight crawling over the tiled floor, and the light of torches. Then, he had an idea. He smirked at Nyxx, proud of his own solution. "Avanyxx, I command you to be sane!" His brows darted up in anticipation, if this didn't work he could always command the demon to shut up.

9. Shandeh

Shandeh Active Member

Nyxx
    Hugo's reaction was simply too funny. Nyxx snapped to attention when his name was called, but burst out laughing at the command. Be sane? He was sane. It was time to explain. He got a hold of himself again and smiled patiently.

"There is someone here, in spirit. You cannot see or feel her because you are neither a demon nor a medium. Lady Kinra has been forced to take an angelic form and had her memories locked away by that Seraph-" he spat the word "-and it took me some time to recognize her, but it is she who stands speaking to me now, visible only to demons and mediums. The most powerful demons can spirit-walk, Hugo. While their bodies sleep their souls can wander. For most, if not all, this can only be achieved after partaking of a certain cocktail of narcotics most commonly found in good demon-made wine. Angels happen to enjoy demon-made wine as much as demons do, but cannot Walk. The ability is a closely guarded secret. I beg of you not to speak a word of it to anybody."

10. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Black mud
    A black mud formed right in front of the being who refers herself as death.
    The black mud slowly took shape, the shape of a woman dressed in black, white and gold, with a white long hair and eyes of different colors...

"Ivalna is mine name being of death..." said with a strong tone.

The woman walked toward the conduit, her hair waved, matching with her steps.

"The queen of the demons wishes for the creatures of the netherworld to be the victors of this conflict..... thine conflict..." these last words were said while fixing her glance upon the angel.

"We humans are no more than a speck of dust dragged into thine battle!!!" said opening her arms..

"Are the heavenly host blind?, the demons deaf?... Is the dust perhaps the only completely sane on this world??"

She fixed her eyes on the death...

"Speak to me conduit, answer my question. Are thou playing on the name of thy leader, the demon queen. Or are thou a being with a will of its own, wishing for an objective of its own?"

11. Kittenscribbler

Kittenscribbler New Member

Famine hummed a tuneless song in her head as she rode for Lilith's palace. Death had sent her to inform the demon of where the first challenge was but simply riding in was boring, Famine decided to have a little fun as she approached the gates, She dismounted and banished her skeletal steed before cloaking her presence from sight, sound, scent and touch; Shadow walking through the Demon Queen's palace undetectable was fun but the best moment was when she dropped the magic as she stood in the center of Lilith's court while it was in session. Their faces were priceless, Famine gave a shallow yet elegant bow towards Lilith. Famine was well known for her habit of speaking rarely, many guessed at why but the simple truth was she just didn't want to, "First challenge, A mansion in the Blue Mountains"

Her message delivered Famine re-summoned her horse and after mounting led it out of the chamber, as she reached the door she decided to speak once more, turning in the saddle to look at the congregation, a mad gleam in her eye the only show of emotion, "Make it glorious" she turns back and trots her horse out of the room, four final words floating back over her shoulder "your victory, that is" and with that she vanished from Lilith's palace to return to her sister's side.

Nodding to her sister is the only conformation she gives that the message is delivered, such fantastic chaos, soon Famine will have her Plague returned, War will return to Death and the Four will ride again. Famine was elated and began humming her tuneless song again. A single thought occupying her mind, 'Plague.'

12. Shandeh

Shandeh Active Member

Death
    How dare this human woman think that Death might take orders from Lilith? She was greater than either leader! She used them. They did her bidding the moment she asked, on the rare occasion she did overtly ask. Controlling her indignant anger, the Conduit spoke in a low, lethal voice. "I take orders from nobody, human. I am the leader of the Four. I answer only to the black mistress all must one day fall to. Death is my name, but Death is who I belong to as well."

13. Macaberz

Hugo flinched when the door of the bathing hall was kicked open. "Hugo!" Maurice bellowed. His dark eyes slid over Nyxx for a moment, then back to his nephew. "By the stars Hugo, how long have you been in here?" The boy spinned around, "just a little while," he said with a shrug. Maurice rolled his eyes and flashed a look of contempt in Nyxx's direction. The high-ranked angel grabbed Hugo by his arm and began to drag him away, "come on."

"Your bed is in the cellars, puppet," Maurice sneered at Nyxx. Hugo could almost taste the tension between the two. "Can't he come with me?" he pleaded. "You can talk to him, isn't that enough?" Maurice retorted. Hugo jerked himself loose, "actually, no." His cheeks brightened, he sprinted back to his bath, grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head. "Hugo..."

"What?" Hugo snapped.

"God I hate children," Maurice muttered almost inaudibly. He waved his hand and Hugo felt his eyes get heavy, his knees were unable to support him any longer. He toppled over into Maurice's arms , his body limp like a ragdoll. "It's only a sleeping charm," Maurice said to Nyxx. He tossed the demon a large key, rusty key. "You'll find a bed in the cellars. Good night." With that, Maurice walked out, dragging Hugo along with him.

14. Kittenscribbler

Famine was irked, stupid human thought we took orders from the kind of beings we used as vessels, only our namesakes were greater. This mewling quim stood before us preaching nonsense and inaccuracies, I could feel Sister's rage at the foolish human; she shouldn't kill it out of anger, spite and rage were for weaker species but if she killed as punishment or for fun that was okay. I was once again moved to speak, my voice was calm, polite and it conjured images of wind rustling through wilted wheat fields, "Silly human, taunting Death, screaming of the injustices of this war without knowing of what you speak, we are greater than both the demons and angels. You accuse us of being subservient to the Demon Queen, bah! We are the earthly representatives of the four ruling forces! Death! Famine! Plague! War! stupid human, knowing nothing and spouting nonsense, cease your prattle and speak your reason for daring to appear before us."
    I really hated speaking and I hate those who waste words even more.

15. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

The eyes of Ivalna widened in front of this reply from the conduits.

"Hoh?... So thou do not belong to any side besides thine..... I like that."

She fixed her hair and got even more close...

"Then I shall have to consider the conduits as a four party I suppose.... tell me then. What is thine objective?"

16. Keitsumah

Raphael

Raphael watched in amusement as the three women began to argue. The strange one had even managed to get Famine to speak. But then . . . that could prove to end badly for him.

The shudder ran all through his body and the High Seraph's head snapped up. His wards . . . they were weakening again. How was this possible? Gritting his teeth, he focused on the matter at hand.

"I choose Talahari, the boy Hugo and his demon-" Oh, Maurice would hate him for that one, but how else could he get the demon to work for him? "- her-" he said, pointing to the woman in front of him. Maybe this guest would prove to be a good enough punishment for her insolence "-and we still have one more that has not appeared before me as of yet. Is that good enough?"

A shock wave of dark power rushed over his senses, and the High Seraph actually paled. He'd thought he'd drained her of her energy with the wards, but it appeared to have only stocked up her power. The wards weren't going to keep it back much longer. He had to make another spell, and quickly.

Kinra

Talahari-no Kinra- no Tala- shuddered, backing up and clutching at her head. Every time the demon called her that she did feel something, like a wild howl for release. Gritting her teeth, she struggled to understand why she felt that way, why he kept praising her like this-

Maurice burst through the door then, and before she could doge him he walked forwards and would have crashed right into her-

Except he didn't. He passed through as harmlessly as if he was a ghost. Or was she the ghost? She didn't know anymore! Panicking and confused, her spine arched, every fur on her body standing on end. A low, rumbling hiss escaped her lips, and a trickle of blood ran down the side of her face where her claws had pricked her scalp.

"You'll find a bed in the cellars. Good night." With that, Maurice walked out, dragging Hugo along with him. That brought an idea to her head, and she looked up, careful not to think about the two conflicting names in her mind. Talahari -High Seraph's assassin, or Kinra, princess of demons. They were just too far apart to even remotely make sense!

Locking eyes with Nyxx, she swallowed back her fear as she realized that, yes, this was more than a dream. But she wasn't about to let him think she believed him.

"I-I want you to come up to my chambers and speak with me. There are some questions i need answered, but not here." she managed to get out. Oh, she was so committing suicide by asking a demon to meet her alone in her room -and her wing was already injured as it was. She just prayed that this would end up letting her live at the least.

"You won't need to sleep in the cellars." she added as an afterthought, then turned bright red as she realized just whats he had said. Was she taking pity on the demon by giving him a better sleeping place than that dank cellar? Terrified that it was true that she was in fact a demon princess, she didn't bother to look at him and winked out of sight.

Talahari woke up, rubbing at her face and checking herself, sighing when she realized she was back in her own body. But a chill ran up her spine as she remembered everything from that odd dream. No, not a dream. Or had it just been a really scary one?

Either way, she only had to wait to find out the answer.

Lilith

"First challenge, A mansion in the Blue Mountains"

Lilith barely managed to keep herself from flinching when Famine appeared right in front of her. But just as quickly the conduit was gone and she was left with her court.

"Howl, get the others." she hissed to her second Elite -the brother of Leer. "I want Core and Talon here before i send you after leer. he's on a mission at the moment, but i will have to call him back it seems. . ."

The tiny demon nodded -its wide mouth curving in a menacing grin before he scampered off to get his brothers. Lilith relaxed on her throne, bouncing the idea around that soon she would have a beautiful Seraph sword in her grasp. Her tongue went out to lick her lips, but then froze, and her pupils dilated to slits in her shock as a wave of power breathed over her senses. The other Demon Lords present shifted, looking up, eyes widening. Whispers started,a nd Lilith spat venomously.

"She's alive."

17. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

The Marksman

Archer strode into the throne room where several people stood in conversation, one man and three women. The women were deep in conversation about something, something he neither cared to know or hear. He was only interested in the male Angel and his job. Archer continued to make his way towards Raphael, not even bothering to glance sideways at the women. He stopped several feet in front of Raphael; he adjusted his collar and took off his sunglasses, the only sign of the slightest respect he would ever show. He stood quietly a moment before speaking.

“You called for my services.”

18. Shandeh

Shandeh Active Member

Death
    "Is this the fifth?" Death asked, tilting her head towards the newcomer. "Mercenary. Marksman. Nephilim. Yes. Worthy. The first challenge, to get to the mansion in what is left of the Blue Mountains."

That sounded simple enough, but getting to the mansion itself was one of the challenges for a reason. Death glanced to Famine and nodded. The message had been delivered. It was time, now, to go. Time to wait.

Nyxx
    There was no way Nyxx was going to sleep in the cellars. If he had to, he would sleep curled up on Hugo's floor. The angels wouldn't harm his master, not while they still thought they could harm the human boy, but Nyxx wasn't concerned for Hugo. He was concerned for himself.

He huffed out a sigh and headed upstairs, trying to find Kinra's scent... or rather, her scent as an angel. It was somewhat less unpleasant than most angels' scents. The demon in her diluted the angel stink. When he finally found her scent, he let out a pleased grunt and followed it. Soon he came to a door, at which he paused, rapping lightly on it.

19. Kittenscribbler

The human annoyed Famine, it kept getting closer, the closer it got the more of it's life energy came to Famine and it was gross. Raphael had designated his champions, Famine could care less as long they added to the chaos and brought Plague and War closer to them. A new life energy signature entered the stage. It ignored them in favour of Raphael, Famine observed the new one; It's energies tasted of death, of blood and lives. Famine circled it, it was suitably fit, her favourite boots clicked on the floor, they were dark blue and ridiculously high heeled, the leather encased her legs to mid thigh, held tight with straps and buckles shaped like skulls, black diamonds glittering in their eye sockets. her pale blue, figure hugging dress, with its low cut halter neck, skirt swishing around her hips, A choker that matched her boots finished it. She finished inspecting the Nephilim, Nodded her approval and rejoined her sister.

20. Keitsumah

Raphael

Raphael nodded towards the mercenary. "Yes. I need your assistance on getting my sword back -though it appears that whoever gets their hands on it first will be the owner until they die. Either way, I would much prefer and ally over an enemy getting such a powerful weapon. You will be travelling with four others -and I will pay you half of your check up front, the other half afterwards, and any extra for your troubles. Would that be good enough?"

Kinradamni

She jumped when a knock came from her door. So I guess it wasn't a dream. Showing down the want to just whine and bury her face beneath her pillow, Tala rose from the bed and frowned when she saw that she only wore a thin nightgown. Well, demons didn't really care much for clothing anyways.

"I was hoping it was all just a bad dream -but I guess it wasn't." she said after opening the door and letting the demon inside. After closing it with a click, she turned and examined the beast from head to toe. She wasn't quite as intimidated now as she had been before despite how big he was, and if she guessed correctly he was actually small compared to other male demons.

Before she could speak again, though, the scent of brimstone and some kind of spice hit her nostrils and she clapped her hand over her nose. Not to block it out, but to lessen the effect it had on her. A jolt ran up her spine as some sort of recognition awakened in her mind, but denial shoved it back before it could possibly de-found the entire structure of her mind as it had been placed in angelic form. Swallowing, she forced herself to calm down. If this demon had such an effect on her, the worst thing that could occur was that he realized it and pushed his theory that she was his princess.

"Okay, if i really am Kinra, then why don't i know my real name? I thought demons had hidden names." she challenged him.

21. Shandeh

Shandeh Active Member

Nyxx
    "You drank demon-made wine," Nyxx said. "It unlocked the threads binding your soul to your body. You are powerful, and thus you were able to spirit-walk. Normally such a Walk would require a conscious effort, though you are a demon princess. The rules do not necessarily apply." He paused, head tilted to the left, thinking. "You are Kinra. Any demon worth his salt would know those eyes. Your true name is known to you, but locked deep inside, only half-remembered. There is much you recall, but do not recall."

His wings flared almost of their own accord. Nyxx had not yet bothered to put a fresh dressing on the still-healing tear, but the wound was no longer open - a dressing was not necessary except to protect the sensitive eyes of humans and angels. "You remember," he said, touching her right wing with the tip of his left. "I see the recognition in your eyes. I apologize... for injuring your wing... while finding it ironic that you once did the same to me. You did not give me your true name, Lady Kinra, but as I have refused to acknowledge your unworthy sister as Queen, in favor of you... you shall have mine."

Kneeling somewhat awkwardly, Nyxx let his wings drape over the floor and bowed his head. "Hugo is my master, but you are my Queen. I am Avanyxx, and I was, am, and ever shall be a soldier who fights in your name."

Death
    Death sat on her spectral horse, ready to leave for the mansion and finalize preparations. She might ask Famine to make the way a little tougher by killing the vegetation that could be used to climb the steeper cliffs.

"You may want to warn your champions to fly as little as possible," she said with a wicked smile. "They might exhaust themselves too soon. That would be a real shame."

22. Keitsumah

Kinradamni

Avanyxx . . . The name triggered something in her mind, and Kinra stumbled back, unaware of the pain shooting through her wing as she crashed into the wall behind her. Yes. Yes, she remembered. He'd done a stupid stunt while they were just kids, and she'd dived after him, only to prevent his death at the cost of a badly dislocated wing. Mind filling with a blur of images, too fast to keep track of, Kinra trembled and slid to the floor, her wide crimson eyes staring past his shoulder to a scene that had only happened a year before:

"My first act as your Queen is to Banish my sister, Kinra. I will foster no traitors in my midst, for she had threatened our kind more often than we can count!" Lilith's shout echoed in her ears, and the snarls of the angry demons behind begged to differ.

But she wasn't strong enough to try and overpower her sibling. And so it was with the only open sorrow that demons had ever felt, she had flown away into angel-controlled skies.

Confused and frustrated beyond belief that she somehow remembered these things, Kinra blinked several times before seeing Avanyxx.

"Could you help me find my name then Avanyxx?" she said, her voice pitifully small. She remembered him for the friend he had been, and the friend he still was. Spying him kneeling in front of her, she smirked, but the laugh couldn't be stopped.

"Oh get up -I won't have you bowing to me! You're a demon for pete's sake!" she giggled. There was many other ways to show respect other than bowing, and that one was just ridiculous.

23. Kittenscribbler

Famine was enjoying herself, not that you could tell from her blank face, as she sat on an outcrop from where she could see the entirety of what was left of the Blue mountains. Death had asked her to wither all the trees and plants that could help the challengers, she was, right at the exact moment the challengers grabbed a branch or bush to help themselves, Famine withered it right out of their hands. She loved hearing their cries of shock, annoyance and the sound of them crashing back down the mountainside.
    She'd been at it for hours and it was still funny. Death gave her the best requests, at this rate it could take them days just to reach the foot of the mountain that held the mansion. Death had asked her to drain two thirds of the life force out of any who tried to fly, sadly they seemed to be aware of this so she didn't get to watch them plummet to the hard earth...