1. A - Z Book Reviewers

A - Z Book Reviewers New Member

Are there any particular routes to get into "reviewing"

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by A - Z Book Reviewers, Mar 18, 2014.

Guys
    I was wondering if you may be able to assist me? I am seeking some information upon reviewing books as I wish to do as I now have a lot of time on my hands stuck mostly indoors it seems the ideal solution to keep my brain active with trully something I have both knowledge and interest in?

1 - Is there a particular way, route, website or whatever you must join, be part off, if so could I have full details?
    2 - Is there a particular forum or website for information or resources for reviewers?
    3 - Is there anywhere particular suggested that's best to leave your details to gain review hits and offers?
    4 - I am particularly interested in certain genres would I be better seeking out active writers in these genres ?
    5 -
    6 -

Any information regarding the above questions would be most helpful in gaining the best route to success I'm sure :)

Yours
    A-Z Book Reviewers

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Actually, this part of the site has to do with critiquing of wolrks in progress, not the business of reviewing completed works. It;s possible you will find one or two folks active on the site who are revewers in the sense you are thinking of, but it's probably not the best site to seek those answers.

3. vera2014

vera2014 Member

Hi, have you ever used this site?
    https://www.librarything.com/
    A friend told me about it a few weeks ago and I'm going to take a closer look at it when I get some free time. You can get free books by participating but I'm not sure how it works.

4. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

You put your name in for a drawing; if you're selected, you get access to the book and are expected to give a real review (not just "I liked it."). If you don't give a review, it's quite likely your name will be scratched from future drawings; likewise, I believe you can only be in a drawing if you haven't already been selected during the last X number of months.

vera2014 likes this.
  5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Well, if you just want to write reviews, you can do worse than review books on Amazon. This is helpful to authors whom you like, and helpful to punters who may want to read all about a book before they buy it. However, of course you don't get paid for doing this.

If it's work as a paid reviewer you're after, maybe contact your local newspaper? You could offer to do a column, and see what they say. You never know. They might bite, and actually pay you. There are probably lots of other ways to get into doing paid reviews. Maybe research this possibility. SOMEBODY does reviews and gets paid, so why not you?

6. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

If you go to a.n other writer site - 'absolutely'...under the opportunities category there is an ad for a company that requires reviewers, specifically NY Times bestseller list, 3c a word or something, upon acceptance.