Tags:
  1. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Belated introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Naomasa298, Sep 11, 2019.

Hi all,

I've been posting on the forum for a couple of days but I haven't posted an intro because I wanted to see if I wanted to be an active participant in the forum. I do, so here goes. :)

I'm from the UK and I haven't written anything for probably more than a decade. I came back into it recently and I've been trying to improve. I used to mainly write fantasy, but when I restarted, I've been trying different genresm including horror, comedy, history and something I've always wanted to do, copying the style of one of my favourite authors, Jack Vance.

Reading the forum has really opened my eyes. I've never taken any formal creative writing classes and I've learned a lot here in just a few days. Look forwards to learning much more.

Some Guy likes this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello

I'm one of the forum moderators, and I'd like to say welcome to the forum.

I've got a little bit behind on my Welcomes, and in the meantime I see you've become a Supporter and have been very active since joining, including doing critiques for other members and posting your own work as well. I'm glad you're so interested in being active here. Coming back to writing after a long hiatus, and trying new genres, will give you an interesting perspective you can share with the forum.

You already seem quite familiar with the workings of the forum, but in case you've missed these, it's probably a good idea to read our Forum Rules, as well as our New Member Quick Start. These will help keep you right.

I've also found that this is a good way to link quickly to any particular area of the forum that interests you. https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

Again, welcome. See you around the threads. :)

Jan