1. tatterjack

tatterjack Member

Suggestion Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Forum

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by tatterjack, Jun 13, 2017.

Question
    Suggestion
    Hi,

I'm I was having trouble with the stickies in the Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Forum. When I clicked any of the first three: Current Contest, Contest Winner or Announcement I got a page with just the sticky heading. If I clicked on that I got the same page again. Then after a day I finally realised I shouldn't clink on the 'Current Contest' link but the title that follows it.

Can I suggest the links are removed from the buttons. It's one of those things which I'm sure no one thinks about now but is very confusing for a newbie.

Edited to add: and a question. How do I vote?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Just to clarify: When you click on a "prefix" (that's the software's name for the "Current Contest", etc. buttons) you get to a page that lists all threads in the sub-forum that has that prefix. So if you click on "Announcement" in the Short Story Contest Forum you'll get a list of all announcements.

A contest is open for entries for a few weeks. After that period a thread with the prefix "Open Voting" will appear. So you'll have to wait until the voting period begins (see the Current Contest thread for dates), then open the "Open Voting" thread, and you should have the option to vote at the top of the page.

3. tatterjack

tatterjack Member

Hi again Komposten. Thanks for the clarification. I don't imagine I am alone in the things I've found confusing. If it were helpful I would be happy to supply a list but I don't want to inundate you with posts.

4. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Komposten was on the money. :) Voting for the short stories opens on the 15th of each month, so check back tomorrow and there will be a poll. :)

5. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

If there are other things you think we can improve, just send it to me in a PM (click on the "Contact me" link in my signature) and we can have a look at it. :)