Blue Skies

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CommonGoods, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

"Excuse me, miss," Simon said, as a young lady brushed past him. A man who works with machines always has a close connection to his creations. As smooth as she was, he could feel the watch leave his pocket. "If you wanted something of mine, you could've just asked," he said, rising from the table.

She halted in her tracks. He wasn't sure if she was afraid or about to react. She didn't seem like the sort that would pull a knife.... but she also didn't seem like the sort who would steal.

A young man, Catrin's student he'd seen earlier, suddenly fell in their midst, interrupting what was becoming an unnerving encounter.

2. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Please return, it wasn't my intention to offend you, I was merely testing my hypothosis is all. Have a drink and a meal, on me," Chaos called to her. She gave him another teasing grin. Far be it for her to going leaning on a man for support.

“I might, come speak with you. But I shan‘t be taking the graces of a free meal from the likes of you,” she winked at him.

She turned back to the man that she had stolen from as he muttered something. Recognising her err she dropped the pocket watch discretely making sure it landed by the mans foot.

"If you wanted something of mine, you could've just asked," the man said.

Myra turned her nose up at him in a haughty manner. “Whatever are you talking about. I‘ve nothing of yours, feel free to search me. When you find I don‘t have the item I want a full apology.”

Something crashed into her legs, startled Myra picked a small boy up that had fallen before her. He looked as though he had only just entered his teens. The poor lad looked as much a waif as she was. She took him by the shoulders and guided him away from the milling group of people.

“Here now,” she said bending so he could here her. “What‘s a young lad doing in a place like this. A tavern is not a good place for a young boy. No matter why he might be here.” she smiled at him. “Are you alright?” she ruffled his hair gently.

3. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

“Here now,” she said bending so he could here her. “What‘s a young lad doing in a place like this. A tavern is not a good place for a young boy. No matter why he might be here.” she smiled at him. “Are you alright?” she ruffled his hair gently.

Danny was extremely embarrassed. He decided to play it cool. "Why am I here? I'm here because I am a gullible fool. I'm the victim of a prank yet again." He took a deep breath. "And yeah I'm fine. But I don't know if I want to go home alone now. That road is dark and filled with creeps. I don't know what to do."

4. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"And yeah I'm fine. But I don't know if I want to go home alone now. That road is dark and filled with creeps. I don't know what to do."

Myra smiled at him, “perhaps you could tell me all about it over a meal. I‘ll buy you one, I haven‘t got a lot of money so we‘ll have to share is that okay? Then if you are still anxious about going home I could walk you there.”

She watched him carefully. Was it that he was afraid to go home and not simply afraid to walk home?

5. Show

Danny hesitently replied, "Ok I guess. I'm not too hungry anyway, so I guess sharing a meal is fine. There will be plenty left for you."

Danny followed her to a table where he hesitantly took a seat. Danny quickly replied, "You don't have to walk me. I'm not that little. And besides, it's not any safer for you than it would be for me."

6. Show

Danny hesitently replied, "Ok I guess. I'm not too hungry anyway, so I guess sharing a meal is fine. There will be plenty left for you."

Danny followed her to a table where he hesitantly took a seat. Danny quickly replied, "You don't have to walk me. I'm not that little. And besides, it's not any safer for you than it would be for me."

7. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Sam finished his meat pie took his biscuit using it to mop up the left over juice from the pie and took a small bite before sipping on his tea. He'd spend most of the rest of his time in the tavern nibbling on the biscuit and drinking his tea. He smile to himself, thinking about when he used to eat homemade food, fresh and tasty. Still, he wouldn't complain, it filled his gut and didn't cost to much. He was kind of enjoying the even more lively than normal night it was for off season.

8. AnonyMouse

“Whatever are you talking about. I‘ve nothing of yours, feel free to search me. When you find I don‘t have item I want a full apology.”

Oh, she's good, Simon thought, very good. As far as thieves go, she was certainly top tier. But he hadn't gotten this far in life without having a sharp mind of his own, though it was often applied to the strangest of things.

"Terribly sorry, Miss," he said, picking up his watch and clipping it to his coat pocket as always. He kept half a dozen of them on him at all times, tucked away in the most obscure places; one in each sock, for example.

He would've let the whole incident pass, but when she took hold of the young boy, he felt his temper flare. The last thing that lad needs is a bad influence, he thought. "Pardon me for a moment," he said calmly to his companions at the table, "there's something I must do."

He followed as she led the young boy to a table where they took a seat. "Hello there," he said to her, taking a seat at the table, uninvited. "I'd like to apologize for earlier. The way I acted was very unbecoming of a gentleman." he hailed a passing waiter, who came immediately. "I'd like a bottle of your most expensive wine, please," he said, dropping a few coins into the man's pocket, while eyeing the young lady seated across from him.

9. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Myra sat down with the boy, watching him her eyes full of concern. He seemed uninterested in her offer for help. Myra decided that was just to bad she would do what she could for him.

She asked the bar tender for a meat pie and some vegetables as well as a thick gravy. Two glasses of water were placed on the table and she watched as the boy drank.

The man that she had stolen from earlier came and sat with them, much to Myra’s ire.

"I'd like to apologize for earlier. The way I acted was very unbecoming of a gentleman." He sounded sincere. Myra frowned what was he playing at, no gentleman would sit themselves at a table with a wretch. He studied the boy and Myra lent back grinning, so that was it?

“I doubt that, since when is a fair gentleman concerned for the likes of a wretch. None the less I accept your apology many thanks.”

The waiter passed placing a plate on the table. Myra moved closer to the lad breaking the pie in half. She allocated him the biggest piece. Then tutted him as he used his fingers to pick up the pie. She passed him a fork and he took it stabbing into the vegetables.

10. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Chaos watched the interaction between the thief and the boy with curiosity. Hmm, so she's a compassionate thief huh? Interesting... he thought. And then the man that she tried to steal from came and sat also, ordering a bottle of wine. Well, at least it isn't one of the strong drinks.

"So then Miss... Angel, what brings you to Nemdee? Are you a racing fan or by chance just a local resident?"

11. AnonyMouse

“I doubt that, since when is a fair gentleman concerned for the likes of a wretch. None the less I accept your apology many thanks.”

"You sell yourself short, madame. I wouldn't be here, speaking with you, if I didn't consider us equals," he said. "If you're a wretch, then so am I. And this young lad as well," he added, with a nod toward the boy. The waiter came with his wine, and a few glasses to drink from. "I won't be needing those," Simon said, returning the glasses and giving an obscenely generous tip.

He took notice as she passed the larger slice of pie to the young boy. There may be some good in you, yet, he thought. Just then, his plan was interrupted by a young man with silver hair, who also decided to join in the conversation.

"So then Miss... Angel, what brings you to Nemdee? Are you a racing fan or by chance just a local resident?"

"I believe she's here on business," Simon said, looking at the wine bottle. A good year? He wouldn't know; he doesn't drink.

12. sprb_skrbblz

sprb_skrbblz Active Member

Tommy grinned again as the woman made her way back into his sight. This time she wasn't with the charming man, she was in the company of a charming lad. She worked the room almost as well as the beautiful Rose Daughey. However, it didn't seem like the lady with the kid wanted the attention she was getting.

Seeing her lead the boy to a table reminded him that he hadn't eaten yet either. Since he won't be crossing paths with his brother for a night or two, and he had an abundance of coin in his possession, he figured he would treat himself to a meal fit for a man.

Tommy left the bar looking for an inconspicuous location to dine. He couldn't sit terribly close to Ms. Daughey, for a close glimpse of her in the flesh would set his nervous system batty. Perhaps he could sit at the table next to the lady he was observing earlier. Hopefully, she hadn't noticed his eyes trespassing on her silhouette before, otherwise she might read too much into his new choice of seat.

Decisions, decisions. The young man elected to sit at the table next to the unladylike lady. He kept his eyes ahead of him like a gentleman and sat patiently, waiting for his server to arrive. It was a good thing he acted now, word must have traveled concerning the famous lot in the tavern tonight.

Then a man came to the woman's table. And shortly after, another man came into the fold. What about this women makes all the men gravitate toward her? It is perfectly fine, as they might cause a ruckus to take all attention away from Tommy, should any of his "friends" step foot inside of Tinker's.

13. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

She watched him her eyes wary. This one asked a lot of questions. She laughed he wouldn’t be so lucky to get answers from her. She sighed, “firstly call me Myra I‘m not one for cute talk. Even if it is some what endearing. As for the second part of your question,” she paused her eyes dancing with taunt again. “I shan‘t tell you.”

She watched as the boy finished off the vegetables. She sighed perhaps he needed the meal more then she. Myra decided he should eat it. Meals were hard to get, Myra sometimes missed days of food, a small boy couldn’t sustain himself without nourishment.

"You sell yourself short, madame. I wouldn't be here, speaking with you, if I didn't consider us equals,"

She nodded, kind words from a man she could not trust. “Fair enough.” she said watching the bottle of wine curiously as he sent the glasses back. Was he going to drink out of the bottle?

There was another man sitting nearby, Myra had noticed his eyes on her several times this evening. She gave him a wicked smile before turning back to the company that had joined her.

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

The man gave him a big bowl of peanuts with the oddest look on his face and a glass of tea. Miser grabbed the peanuts and began to eat them.
    "These peanuts taste heavenly, sir," Miser said to the bartender, "Heavens peanuts."
    The man from behind the counter just stared at him in astonishment. He looked like a peanut lune. He didn't care, this was probably the best day of his evening. Peanuts.

15. Shadow Dragon

"So, you like to keep an aura of mystery, understandable for those of your profession. Though that just makes things more interesting," Chaos returned her grin and then glanced over at the boy. "Also, would you please put away your pride long enough for me to buy you a meal, you look like you could use it... and so could he."

Leaning back, Chaos finished off his tea. The buzz of conversations were going on all around him, men flirting, women teasing, drunks getting tossed out... all so predictable.

16. AnonyMouse

"So, you like to keep an aura of mystery, understandable for those of your profession. Though that just makes things more interesting," Chaos returned her grin and then glanced over at the boy. "Also, would you please put away your pride long enough for me to buy you a meal, you look like you could use it... and so could he."

Simon listened as she spoke with the man with silver hair. They were an odd pair. "Simon Lancaster," he said, though she wasn't speaking to him. "But you may call me Simon if you'd like. Sorry to be the third wheel, but I have a proposition for you," he said, clasping his hands on the table, very business-like. "I'll make this as quick and painless as possible."

"You're good at taking things, Myra. And I'm good at buying things. Tonight, I'd like to buy a little honesty from you. I'm willing to pay you, not to take things from people. Consider this a down payment," he said, passing the wine bottle to her. "I'm sure it's worth... a lot." He hadn't even paid attention to how much he'd spent on it. "I run a shop near the town square. Pass by there each sunday and I'll give you a hundred credits and all you have to do is say 'I haven't stolen from anyone in seven days.'"

He leaned back in his chair, letting the offer linger in the air. "It works on the honor system. With any luck, having a little money in your pocket will make you not want to steal. Call it a social experiment if you'd like. What say you to that?"

17. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

The atmosphere in the common room of Tinker's Tavern was becoming oppressive already. Rose sipped her tall cool glass of lemonade as she waited for her food to come. Nothing heavy, just a simple slice of broiled chicken and some greens along with the excellent bread and thick butter that the Tavern served. She toyed with the carved ivory rose pendant that she wore on a delicate gold chain at her throat as she stared into the crowd with unfocused gaze.

Rose's attention sharpened suddenly on one face.

Alec Valentine? As she noticed him he drained his glass and set it down by the empty one in front of him as the bartender brought another. Drinking hard, apparently.

Rose's eyebrows lifted. She hadn't taken Alec for a drinker. Then again, she didn't know him very well. He obtained sheet music for her through his shop and she read the books that he sent her as gifts from an admiring fan. She seldom read anything else.

"Great crowd tonight, eh?" Richard was in an expansive mood, his handsome face slightly flushed, drink in hand. Rose tried to remember if she had ever known Richard to ever be entirely sober and realized that she never had.

"If we're lucky maybe there will be dancing later!" Carmina laughed, tossing her head and once again ignoring Ben who was making helpless sheep's eyes at her.

Rose shifted in her seat, impatient with them. Wealthy, pandered to, undeniably talented, and unfortunately shallow. Not that she deluded herself, she knew she wasn't a person of much depth herself but she did long for something different sometimes.

She scanned the room again and noticed an elegant figure sitting with some serious looking women, probably academics. Belatedly she recognized the man as Simon Lancaster. She had met him once briefly at a party though she didn't actually know him. He looked up and she nodded politely to him.

Rose watched the small drama of the boy falling and Mr. Lancaster leaving his group to sit with a scruffy-looking woman and the boy. She idly wondered what the connection between the woman and the boy was as her food came.

18. sprb_skrbblz

Drat, she had noticed him looking her way. He wondered how many times she caught him. Her smile was simultaneously sexy and sinister. He smiled back before she turned back to her table's discussion. She looked as if she were entertained by the shenanigans of these two men. If that were her sentiment, she and Tommy would share it.

He pondered what his selection of culinary delight would be. He was a stranger to being able to actually choose what he would eat, as opposed to simply eating what he could. There was one food that was completely alien to him. He had never tasted a steak before.

He stole seafood and poultry at will to feed his brother and himself, but a good old steak had always eluded him. That would be his order should his server finally come around. Tommy kept his patience, after all, the help could be serving the actresses now. And they are far more important than him.

19. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Miser got up and looked at the bartender.
    "I'm not done with those peanuts, sir...please don't take them away I just want to have a light frolic with words," Miser said.
    The bartender gave him another odd eyebrow raise and Miser just smiled at him. Now who should he talk to. It had been such a long time since he chatted under a roof. Miser smiled and then decided. He began walking towards the tables and began going up to everyone.
    "Good evening sir," he said passing a man, "Good evening ma'am, you too sir, good evening to you ma'am...and you to....good evening to everyone."
    Miser then left the crowd and then looked around, he saw a man sitting and nibbling on a biscuit. He walked over to biscuit man.
    "Good evening sir, you enjoying your time," Miser said.

20. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Myra watched as the boy polished off the last of the meal she nodded at him with a smile. The turned to the men sitting with her. Her patience for the men was growing thin, with their accusations and their to kind words.

If she had a fork she’d have stabbed Chaos in the eye with it. “I don‘t need the help of any man, I‘m simply not hungry, the boy is fed. Let us leave it there.”

"Simon Lancaster," the other man blurted out. Myra nodded at his words.

“A fine name for a fine gentleman,” she said simply.

"You're good at taking things, Myra. And I'm good at buying things. Tonight, I'd like to buy a little honesty from you. I'm willing to pay you, not to take things from people. Consider this a down payment," he said, passing the wine bottle to her. "I'm sure it's worth... a lot." He hadn't even paid attention to how much he'd spent on it. "I run a shop near the town square. Pass by there each sunday and I'll give you a hundred credits and all you have to do is say 'I haven't stolen from anyone in seven days.'"

She was greedy for money but he under estimated her. She stole to provide for herself and only when her father wasn’t around to provide her with money for her meals and clothing.

“That‘s very kind, however I like to keep my mind sharp sir. You‘ve wasted money on me. I don‘t steal, I‘ve no idea what you‘re talking about. And I shan‘t sit at the table to be accused by the both of you, while an innocent boy sits and listens. Do you want to mar his young mind.” her rage was building, they had at first had to watch their pockets. But now they would need to start watching their noses. Myra clenched her fists enraged.

21. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Sam realised as his biscuit disappeared and his tea folloed that he wasn't quite in the mood to leave. He had been left to his own devices in a crowded room, not something that happens often. He ordered a second tea and pulled out an old pocket watch from one of his many pockets, and a small container with delicate tools from another. Soon he was in deep concentration on the opened back of the watch, attempting to return it to working condition.

Then a stranger sat spoke to him. "Um, yes, and you?" He asked the man, not quite knowing what else to say. He popped the backing back on the watch, guessing that he wouldn't be getting much time to work on it.

22. Shadow Dragon

Just as I thought, she does it for pleasure rather than just for the money... otherwise she'd already have an 'honest' job, thought Chaos.

"Very well, I promise, no more accusing or trying to buy you a meal. So please stay and tell me a little about yourself Myra."

23. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Um, yes, and you?"
    "As you can see I'm a well established man, sir...I have met everyone at the party," Miser said with another smile, "So sir, care to chat with me such an established man with no money...care to put our formal suits off dust them and frolic with words, with me of course...all though I'm no pretty lady nor a handsome knight I shall provide some fun."
    Miser smiled at the guy. And wondered if the bartender had put away his peanuts. If the bartender did, he would be most unpleased. He was taking those home with him.

24. sprb_skrbblz

The conversation at the table nearby began to raise in volume as the woman was enraged and apparently accused of something she did not do. He doesn't usually eavesdrop, but Tommy was curious as to what could possibly make this temptress lose her composure.

He took another gander at her once he gathered she was being accused of thievery. When he heard the man's offer to "buy her honesty", he shook his head slightly. Even Tommy knew not to say things like that to a lady, even if she was probably guilty of the accusations presented to her.

The woman now balled her fists up. It was already decided he would help her if she were in a bind with those two men. He doubted it would come to that, but after more thought on the matter, he decided he might try to calm her down regardless. An angry woman is a very dangerous liability when one is hiding from others.

Rising from his table, he approached the boy, lady and gentleman.

"Pardon the imposition, but is everything alright, madam?"

25. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"Very well, I promise, no more accusing or trying to buy you a meal. So please stay and tell me a little about yourself Myra."

Myra grinned, “Now why would I do that when you‘ve told me nothing of yourself?” she turned his question back on him.

There was nothing to tell and like father always said when he left her. Tell no one nothing of you. A known man makes barely an enemy, nor a formable rival. Always with the back watching, Myra’s father had warned her from a young age that she could trust no one. She wondered where her father was now and how long before he found his way back to her.

She looked over to the lovely, songstress Rose and wondered if she’d get a chance to catch her without her entourage. No doubt Rose had many things Myra could steal and turn into a week if not a month of meals. She turned to the man who had been sitting at the next table.

"Pardon the imposition, but is everything alright, madam?"

“See how terribly these men are treating me,” she taunted the pair. Her voice had changed an innocent voice. She smiled back at the pair mocking them with a flutter of her eye lashes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.