1. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Design Offering Book Cover Editing/Design

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Daniel, Jun 10, 2014.

I'm looking to build my design portfolio and bring my graphic design skills back to what they used to be a few years ago. Offering free book cover editing here seemed appropriate since we recently launched this collaborative projects forum. :crazy:

I consider my graphic design skills to be intermediate to strong, and am offering free book cover editing and design. I'd prefer to do smaller edits, tweaks, and fixes on existing designs, but I will consider doing complete designs on a case-by-case basis, as my time allows. I've used Photoshop and Illustrator off and on for years, though I'm admittedly a little rusty - which is why I'm here; I'm looking to polish my skills. Here are a few recent samples [May be NSFW]. (I may add additional samples to my "portfolio" album later today.)

I obviously can't take every project, and will work as I can. I can do front and back book cover edits and designs. If you have other design needs I may still be able to take on the project. If you're capable of designing your own book/ebook cover, please leave this service to those other members who might not have any graphic design experience. This is free of charge, and as such, I can't guarantee anything.

Notes/Terms:
    • 1) If I design a cover completely from scratch that is ever published in print, I'd like to add small texted stating "Book cover design by [name or website]", or something to that affect. I'd like to add it to the back or inside flap. For ebook covers this is less of a requirement, and I only request this credit if it's non-intrusive or if there are multiple designs. If this might be a problem please say so up-front.
    • 2) I am not liable for erroneous use of graphics and/or resulting accidental copyright infringement; by using this service, you resolve me of any and all potential future liability. There is essentially no way this will be an issue, but it needs to be stated. I will apply due diligence to ensure the graphics I select to use are free and legal for commercial use or have been purchased from an acceptable stock photo website.
    • 3) Any book cover designs I create or significantly edit and contribute to can and likely will be used in my graphic design portfolio, as this is one of the reasons I'm offering this service. By using my service you are allowing me to use your book or ebook cover design within a portfolio context. This does not apply to minor edits or revisions.
    • 4) Book cover edits and designs, both your original and my finalized version, may be posted publicly in this thread.
    I can't offer this design service indefinitely, but I'm willing to take on a few projects if anyone's interested.

If you're interested, reply to this thread with details. If you have an existing work-in-progress book design you'd like improved upon, post the current version it in this thread (preferably as a .png). I will most likely require the the .psd or .ai file to make anything more than minor edits, which you should send to daniel@writingforums.org. If you have specific revisions you'd like or a specific cover design you're after, describe what you're after in detail.

Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to email me. :agreed:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I'm currently taking on a book cover design project for @Amanda_Geisler. I won't be able to take on additional projects until finished (unless they are minor tweaks). I'll update this thread once that is the case. If you're interested you can still PM me details about your project, just know I can't start it right away.