1. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

Books about writing

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Tesoro, Mar 4, 2011.

I thought we could have a little post for the best books about the art and the process of writing, and even our own reviews of them, which ones are best and which one are less good. (because there are plenty of those out there too.)
    As for myself i have just read Techniques of the selling writer by Dwight Swain and it was such a great experience, both because it explained everything so well, both how and why as well as giving me plenty of ideas and things to apply on my own writing. I have also bought (online) the book On writing by Stephen King, has anyone read it? your thoughts on it? Im still waiting for the delivery.
    Another book im reading right now is Write away by Elizabeth George, but i will have to get back on that when im done with it.
    Your favorites?

2. amanda king

amanda king New Member

I have read Stephen Kings on writing a memoir and it is brilliant he not only tries to give you some great advice but he does also share with you some of the hardest times in his life especially before he became a writer and when he had had the accident. He also lets you in on where he got some of his story ideas and how some of them represent him and the way his life was going before or during the writing. You will love every bit of it in my opinion.

3. Dandroid

Dandroid New Member

john gardner's on writers and writing, the art of fiction, and forms of fiction.