Books for young girls

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Seppuku, Jul 17, 2009.

1. HPandtheMI

HPandtheMI New Member

Here's a list:
    *Pictures of Hollis Woods
    *Septimus Heap
    *Harry Potter
    Shadow Children
    Inkheart
    Charlie Bone
    The Hobbit

2. HPandtheMI

HPandtheMI New Member

Oh and The Book Thief... Combines everything she loves! It's got history (takes place during World War II), and (as you can tell from the title) it's about books. The main character is about her age too, I think she's 11.

3. Operaghost

Operaghost New Member

Jacquiline Wilson she is one of the most prolific childrens authors out there and her novels have even spawned a tv series popular with young girls in the adventures of tracey beaker. Or you can't go wrong with a classic kids author such as Enid Blyton or Roald dahl and you are right approaching young girls for research isn't really looked upon favourably with or without the parents permission

4. sapphire_chan

sapphire_chan New Member

Are there any authors you think kids should read more? Like how Edward Eager (one of my favorites at age 10 and I still love his stuff) thought kids should all have a chance to read E. Nesbit (another favorite at age 10 and today)? His books are why I started reading hers.