Bookstore added: if you're on Amazon, let us know!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Daniel, May 14, 2014.

1. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Bookstore Updates - Additional Purchasing Options & Importance of the Member Publication Directory

As requested, in addition to the amazon.com bookstore, we also have a page for the amazon.co.uk bookstore and amazon.ca bookstore.

Additionally, if you hover over the Bookstore tab, you will see the options for eBay U.S., eBay U.K., eBay CA, and eBay AU. Purchasing books or other products from either Amazon or eBay, when you enter their site through a link on writingforums.org, earns a small commission that helps support WF.

Additionally, we've been approved for the Kobo and Apple/iTunes Store affiliate program, so keep an eye out for the option to purchase from those providers.

Going forward, the Members Publication Resource Page will be the most important and inclusive listing of published members page, because it will act as a simply hub for what members are published, what genre they are in, if they free or paid, and if they're print, ebook, or both.

While we've added amazon lists for published members and featured published members on the Amazon bookstore pages, updating these lists over time will prove difficult. This is primarily because the lists limit the number of books you can include on a list, must be updated for the .com/.co.uk/.ca and other sites individually, have no genre distinction, and because we will offer several different book purchasing options, with "bookstores" from a variety of book sellers (Amazon/eBay/iBookstore/etc.).

Because of this, the member's publication page should be used to submit your writing if you're a published member, update your book details, and list where it's available for sale. If you've already PMed either @Wreybies or myself to feature your book in the bookstore, please add your book in the Member's Publication resource category or PM us again. In this section, you have the option to list the purchase URL for a dozes of different purchase options. If your book is listed in the member publications directory, we will automatically select and feature them on our different site-specific bookstore pages.

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Yep, fixed.

Komposten likes this.
  3. sunsplash

sunsplash Bona fide beach bum

Between the Magic City & the Conch Republic
    This is a great idea for the forum. I've been using Amazon Smile for donations to my favorite charity for all my purchases since it began but I will start using WF's link for non B&N book purchases.

4. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

Didn't know there was an Amazon affiliate bookstore here, but am happy to have my Amazon books listed. My author page is: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZTK03E/?tag=writingfor07a-20

Cheers, Greg.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I just PM'd you, Greg. ;)