Bounded Minds: Story Hour!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Roxy shifted in her seat. "Uh...scripture-like, that would be interesting." she muttered. "That sort of dialogue could be Shakespearean; the medieval period, if you guys don't mind 'thou', 'thy', or 'saith'. Or, we could go the more modern route and do 1700s colonial era, between American patriots and British loyalists, tea and taxes." She took a deep breath and realizing the amount of speaking she'd done, she lowered her eyes. "It's up to you."

Jesse purposefully ignored Terry and pulled his seat closer to Roxy. "Any of that is fine," he said. "Great actually. Let's just get this over with. Colonial then?" He glanced briefly at Terry, but gave up on expecting any sensical feedback from the lump of meat and fat in front of him. He would have to rely on the shy and meek girl at his side to get this done. "Do you know any 18th century writing?"

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

The class carried on with little piece between Terry’s animal noises, Tina’s instigating and Adelie’s mouth things.

Finally the bell rang and everyone rushed for the door eager to get out of the jungle called Stickler

Finally free from last period English.

The Slaughter

"I hope you're having fun Stella, 'cause I'm totally not." Roxy whispered to herself as she paced down the sidewalk. She kept her gaze straight forward, not looking around; not noticing anybody. All she wanted to do was get home and away from people.

School was out and she had approximately sixteen hours of freedom. Most of that would be spent doing homework and sleeping, but she'd be able to fit in a few chapters of reading. The hopeful thought made her walk faster. Which book would she finish this time? She'd lost count of how many she was currently into.

Crossing the street, Roxy walked into her neighborhood. The sight of the familiar houses she passed caused her memories to stir. Her family had lived here since she was born and she couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Everything she saw reminded her of the past. Like the landscape tree at the start of the street for instance; the one she'd climbed to the very top. Too bad Dad had to call the fire department to come get her out. And, Mr. Greer's old mailbox that she'd hit with her bike when she was six. Mom's anger had left more of a dent than she had.

Approaching her front yard, Roxy smiled as she recalled all the laughter she and Stella shared doing cartwheels on the lazy Summer days. Afterwards sweat would dot their faces as they made every neighborhood kid envious with their ice cream cones.

An old house with good memories and her place of safety. With a sigh of relief, Roxy skipped up the porch steps and pushed open the door.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" she yelled, tossing her backpack on the floor. While walking into the living room, she started on her daily rant. "First off, why didn't you guys remind me that Stella was going to--"

Roxy's scream filled the air.

Red.

The floor had turned red.

Roxy lifted a hand to her mouth. Sobs caught in her chest. In front of her, two bodies were floating in their own blood. The bodies who could only be her parents.

No.
    No.
    No!

The word pounded into her skull. This was a nightmare; it had to be. The whole day itself hadn't gone so well, that would make perfect sense. Averting her gaze in the attempt to wake up, something peculiar caught her eye. A lit cigarette.

In a daze, Roxy bent towards it as movement appeared in the corner of her eye. The figure of a man in a grey suit stained red, slowly began to get up.

The man made groaning sounds as he pushed himself off the ground.

"D..da...damn it." He muttered examining his blood drenched clothes. "That Mexican motherfucker.....is one hard hitter."

Grey suit then noticed the pink sneakers attached to shaking legs staring down at him.

His head turning up to their blue eyes meeting.

"Uh oh." He mouthed as he tore his eyes away from her as he managed to get himself on one knee.

A darkening purple mark decorated the right side of his face that and red liquid dripped bit by bit from his blonde hair.

"K...kid j...just relax." He said reaching his hand out to her. "This isn't wha..."

"No!" Roxy raised her fist and threw a hard punch at the man's face. Feet sliding beneath the trailing blood, she bolted towards the door.

She'd never hit anybody before, but she'd read plenty of murder mysteries. If she didn't get away, it would be only a matter of minutes before she'd join her parents. And that couldn't happen.

Yanking open the door, her heart thumped in time to her footsteps as she ran down the steps. When her feet hit the sidewalk she started towards a place of refuge just a block away. Mr. Woodrow's.

"Ah fuck!" The man shouted as her fist impacted his nose, pain instantly throbbing even making him fall backwards to the floor.

"Little bitch punched me!" He shouted rolling back up. "Called it totally called it." He said a loud as he stumbled knocking over various pictures trying to get his barrings.

"Hell my suit is even ruined."

The man opened the door in time to see the girl turn the corner. "Wait!" He shouted out but it went unheeded and he took off after her as fast as he could.

Roxy's curls waved in the wind as she ran. And ran. And ran some more. She didn't even bother to look behind her shoulder, it was much too risky.

A few more steps and she finally made it to Mr. Woodrow's nice house. Roxy darted up the driveway and pushed in the doorbell, breathing hard.

"Just one moment." Came the friendly voice of Woodrow from the other side of the door. Thirty seconds later the door opened. "Roxy?" He eyebrows bent in confusion, then knit in worry as he noticed her state of panic. He didn't even ask what was wrong just ushered her inside. Questions could come after he calmed her down.

Roxy followed her teacher, taking a few deep breaths to calm her speeding heart rate. "Th...thank you." She stuttered, hugging herself tight as sobs continued to wrack her small frame. "I...I...just can't believe it."

Woodrow guided her to a nearby sofa chair. His home was humbly decorated. A picture of his sister and niece hung on the wall beside an electric fireplace. "What's wrong, Roxy? Did Adelie say something cruel again?"

She shook her head, sniffling as she took a seat. "No. M...my parents...blood....a man...I had to hit him. But....th...they're gone." Roxy managed to get out, looking up into Mr. Woodrow's concerned face. "Forever."

"Who? Who did you hit? What do you mean they're gone?" Thomas asked trying to make sense of her frantic stammering.

Roxy took another gasp of breath to get her words out easier. "I don't know who he was just was at my house, wearing a grey suit...with...with blood." she said, digging her nails into the sides of the chair. "And my parents...they're..."

Roxy paused, swallowing back the threatening tears. "Dead."

Thomas paused, not exactly sure how to respond. Could it be possible? A murder here in their own back yard. "Maybe it isn't what you think." He said, trying to convince himself as well as her. "I'm sure there is some explanation for whatever you saw. How about I go over to your house and take a look?"

Roxy's blue eyes widened at his suggestion."Um...I...I guess if you want to." she whispered, standing up on shaky legs. "But it's really awful, Mr. Woodrow. And the man, he might still be out there." She shuddered again, folding her arms across her chest.

"Then I'll bring my pepper spray." He attempted a smile for her sake. "C'mon."

Woodrow and Roxy got in Thomas's car and they drove to her house. "Stay here." He said as he got out of the car. If Roxy wasn't imagining things, and she was right...then he didn't want her to have to see her dead parents again. Just once would be enough to scar any child.

He climbed up the two steps leading up to his student's house. The door was ajar. "Hello? Mr. and Mrs. Xalider?"

No one answered. A breeze blew through the house and Woodrow coughed as the unmistakable smell of blood filled his nose. He ventured into the house, careful not to touch anything. He looked down. Blood...leading to the living room. Despite his better judgment, he followed it and saw what Roxy had seen. Her parents, dead. It looked like there had been a struggle, picture frames knocked over...a shattered vase. It was brutal.

A terrible thought crossed his mind. Roxy had been here while the murderer had still been here. She'd hit him. She was a witness. He rushed back to the car, dialing 911 as fast as he could.

The blaring sounds of sirens from patrol cars to fire trucks sounded all through Barrington that day.

Murder was something unheard of in such small town yet as urgent as man who dialed 911 sounded the response time was top notch.

The police looked just as shocked by the gore inside as anyone else.

As Woodrow was being question a woman approached Roxy who was wrapped tightly in a security blanket.

She was young certainly early 20s and

Her reddish curls bouncing up and down her freckled face her large brown eyes nervous as she sat beside the frightened girl.

She was young certainly early 20s.

“Hi.” She said giving a sad smile.

“I know this must be so hard for you but your teacher says you witnessed a man in here, in a suit she asked?” She patted Roxy on the shoulder. “Any piece of information would help.”

Roxy relayed the events best she could to the officer.

Man with blonde hair, blue eyes, grey suit and a possible bruise on his face.

“Alright thank you for your cooperation I’ll tell my partner about….well I’m more like his partner about this and hopefully we can catch this bastard.” She muttered with a scowl.

As she got up an image of Stella flashed in Roxy’s head bringing an unwanted revelation.

The time Stella was supposed to come home had long since expired!

Could she be? No! No! No! Roxy’s mind flooded with obvious panicked conclusions more tears swelling in her eyes.

The female officer wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug.

“It’s going to be okay.” She said in her best comforting tone.

“St….Stella.” Roxy choked out.

“Stella?” The officer asked

Within a matter of minutes officers were fanned out to search for the missing sister.

The first placed checked being the theater and of course Stella had not even shown up.

The entire town was all but combed in a matter of hours. The girl had seemed to vanish off the face the Earth.

“Tomorrow’s news story, killer butchers family and is still on the loose!” He said to himself as he felt bile choke up out of his throat splashing into the toilet. The vile taste of the pizza and fish he’d had stinging at his tongue.

A scowl painted on his colorless face as he fell back into the wall with thud!

No they'd probably stop any news stories from playing.

Damn…you been doing this over ten years and you’re still a softy to corpses or maybe it was seeing the kid that did this? Her eyes, that fear in them staring at him like he was some sort of monster.

His head felt like it was floating on air, rapid beats from his heart as he heard the sirens sounding all through obviously looking for someone that fit his description he figured.

Gonna have to burn that shit, he decided glancing at the bathtub filled with bloody clothes.

His eye lids suddenly felt very heavy his mind envisioning all the messes that were going to spin from this.

Oh….lord.

When does it end?

It was a cloudy the next day, rain was imminent

Most of everyone was curious of the chaos that had played out last night.

Lunch time at Stickler High was no exception

Students humming and buzzing with gossip and theories what transpired.

Some students knew what street on and others knew someone was missing, even cops had been at doors.

But if there was one thing everybody was certain of someone had been killed.

3. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

"Joshua, can you set the table please?"

He gave his mother the most sour and mournful look he could muster, which involved just dropping his head a bit, he'd looked pretty miserable already. Working on an assigment with Roxy was fine, but Terry...
    Never had there been a stronger case against evolution theory, for here was a boy without a brain, and yet he was alive. At least, if you could consider sheepish smirks and vile looks as signs of life. Mauling over the options to rid himself of the Frankenstein incarnate as soon as possible, Joshua stood up from the chair at the table and slumped towards a wooden cabinet, to fetch the cutlery. It was a family heirloom, just like the standing-clock in the other corner of their cramped dining room. Even though he was used to it, the air was thick inside. Thick with books, thick with antique furniture and thicker still with the hot breath of his mother in his back. David, his father, was reading the newspaper and smoking his clay pipe. He only looked up to check the time and quirk an eyebrow at the table, as if he expected dinner to magically pop into existence in front of him.

"How was school today?" Sarah asked after they'd said their prayers. Joshua sighed, every day his mother faithfully, and with no small amount of stubborness, asked him. He shrugged, "It was okay." Perhaps she was hoping for him to answer differently one day but in his mind, stupid questions deserved stupid answers. David sensed the silence stretching the air. Again, father, mother and son had nothing to say to each other.

"There was a riot today."

Sarah nearly choked on her potatoes and Joshua looked like his father had just confessed to being gay. His mother was first to recover, "what? What happened?"

"I don't know, but the whole police deparment was there. It's a sign of the Lord, he's purging this sinning town."

"David! How can you say that?"

"It's true love, I can feel it in my bones. There is no room for wickedness in the coming Kingdom of Earth."

Joshua tuned out of the ensuing argument between his parents. His father had a knack for being blunt, and his mother always took him too seriously. Still, he couldn't help but feel excited. Finally, something was happening in this place.

---

Joshua was the first at school, like usual. He dropped his skullcap in his locker, messed up his hair, made wrinkles in his clothes, and dumped a few books in it as well. Now that he looked at least a bit more average, he was ready to steam through the day.

He couldn't make up much from the buzz and chatter in the school cafeteria. There had been a murder, and some poor girl at this school had lost her parents. Joshua wasn't very fond of his own parents, even though he rarely permitted himself to think that, but he couldn't imagine losing them to a cold-blooded murderer. He noticed Kubi pass by, waving as she went.

"Hi," he returned, before he attacked his sandwich again. Part of his mind was wondering how those parents had been killed, perhaps Kubi knew more, or Roxy. Still, with no TV at home, it seemed like he wasn't that far behind on the news yet.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    JessWrite likes this.
  4. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"Hallooo, Hallo, Hilooo." Every one that passed she said it to, waving and smiling innocently, for the most part people waved and smiled back, and why not? She was adorable albeit in a strange way. She reached the lunch room were Jesse was sitting.

"Hall...choo!" A sneeze ambushed her (and him.) mid talk, followed by a dry cough. "Eiy, oh no, I didn't think the nights here would be so cold." She said rubbing her nose.

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Thomas Woodrow walked down the short sidewalk that led to his sister's house. It was 10:00 at night, too late for a house call. And yet he couldn't help himself. After what he'd just seen, he needed to make sure his family was safe. He rapped on the door quietly, praying that he wouldn't wake his little niece, Abigail. Eric, his sister's husband, answered the door. "Thomas? What are doing here at this hour?"
    "I..." Woodrow stammered. "I just need to see Hannah. She's here. Right?" He asked worriedly.
    "Where else would she be. She's just gone to bed. What's wrong, Thomas."
    "Nothing...nothing. I just...wanted to check on her...I'm sorry. I'll go." Thomas turned away, about to leave when he heard his sister's voice call him.
    "Tommy?" He turned around to see her in pair of blue sweats. Her face was gaunt and her nearly bald head had a hand-knit snow cap covering it. "What are doing here at this time of night?" Her blue eyes were filled with worry. An intense contrast to her husband's who looked annoyed and put off.
    "Sis." Thomas wrapped her in a hug, sighing as a sense of relief put his troubled mind at ease. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you, I just needed..." He pulled away. "Well never-mind. I'm just glad to see you're doing alright." He took an awkward step back. "I'll let you go back to sleep."
    Hannah could tell something was bothering her brother. "Why don't you let me get you a cup of tea before you drive home."

-----
    A few minutes later they were sitting on her couch beside a comfortable fire. Thomas explained what had occurred that night but without going into to much detail.
    "Their daughter is one my students. She came running to my door. Her eyes...they were so full of terror and anguish, Hannah. I didn't even believe her at first. And now she's a witness and that man could be going after her too. God..." Thomas buried his face in his hands. "What that child must be going through...and I have no idea how to help her. Give me an essay and I'll show you how to perfect it, but this..."
    Hannah lay a hand on his shoulder. "Just, be there for her. Be her friend. That's the best you can do right now."
    "Yeah." Thomas sighed and nodded his head. "Thanks, for letting me bother you so late."
    "What are siblings for?" She stood and walked him to the door. "Be safe, Thomas."
    "You too, Sis. See you around."
    ----

"A murder? In our town?" Two senior boys talked quietly in a dark corner of the school. The only time students went there was to deal drugs or information that you could only get on the street.
    "Yeah. I heard it was someone related to the school."
    "No s***. Any word on the street of who did it?"
    "Rumors are going round that its that new gang that's come into town. You know, marking their territory."
    "Gang bangers don't go into homes and knock off people to mark their territory." A new voice said. A girl came out of the shadows, almost invisible due to everything she wore being black. "They do drive by's or something noticeable like that. And they make sure everyone knows who they are. The fact that there is so little information going round just proves that it wasn't a gang member."

"Well, if it isn't, Taser." One of the boys said. He lips turned up in a knowing smile. "Thought you got out of the gangs. Or are you here for a little pick-me-up."
    "I live with scientists, Mash. I know how that crap rots your brain."
    "So, what do you want?"
    Tina brushed some hair out of her face. "Thought there might be some word on the street 'bout who popped who, but from the conversation I just heard...looks like no one knows anything."
    "We know someone's missing." The other boy pipped in.
    "Everyone knows someone is missing." Tina replied with disdain and began to walk away. "Let me know when you guys actually know something."
    "You're out of the gang, remember. Information don't come free to those on the outside."
    Tina stopped in her tracks and sighed irritably. "What'dya want?"
    "Test answers. For the mid-term."
    "Done." She replied. "But only if you get me something I can't get myself." With that she walked away leaving the two gang members to their dealings.

JessWrite likes this.
  6. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Single Woman Seeks Good Man

Miss Lockwood's red heels clicked loudly as she speed-walked down the hallway. Stickler High was buzzing with new activity and endless chatter as she shuffled her way through. While passing several teens, she still gave a smile and nod, but she didn't slow her pace.

Normally, she would spend some time joining students for lunch, but not today.

Clutching two plain paper bags in her hands, she approached the classroom as the last few students filtered through the doorway. Perfect timing.

She breathed a quick prayer. This was it.

A smile played on her lips as she snuck a peek behind the doorframe.

There was only one man in the room, sitting at a desk with his eyes glued to his computer screen. Seeing his eyebrows knit together in concentration, her heart fluttered. He looked so studious; so handsome in his suit and tie.

Concern also crept into her heart. The whole morning he seemed to have not been himself, not one bit.

But she'd just have to change that! Unhappiness was not a handsome quality in a man.

Snapping out of her daze, Anita walked through the door and towards his desk. She dropped one of the paper bags in front of him to get his attention. "Hello Tom, I thought I'd eat in here today to grade those worksheets. And, I brought you a little lunch if you want some."

Taking a seat at the desk opposite of his, she opened her own bag to pull out a sandwich, apple, and her favorite kosher smiley face cookies. Glancing up again at Mr. Woodrow, she continued speaking. "I was wondering. Did you happen to hear those sirens going off last night? They seemed to be all over town...it was pretty loud, for a long time. I do hope everything worked out alright."

7. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Abel Jefferson

Latex gloves and little plastic bags, police procedure.

Abel stood at the edge of the kitchen. The bodies were gone, the blood was not. He stepped out, into the living room, there were bloody footprints on the carpet. Pictures and a vase knocked over and broken, a dent in the drywall.

He took a deep breath, and put his hands over his eyes. He hadn't seen anything like this in years, and he hadn't missed it. But still, his instincts were still with him, and he started to analyze what he knew already.

The ME put the time of death at between 2 PM and 3 PM, based on body temperature. Forensics has swept the place, there were no fingerprints, and no DNA on the victims. The only evidence found were a few blonde hairs and a partially smoked cigarette. They had sent it to the lab for DNA testing, but that would take a few days. There really wasn't much to go on here, and Abel was left to speculate.

No murder weapon had been found, but a knife would lead to the assumption that it was a crime of passion. However, there was something about the crime scene that just didn't sit right with Abel. Something felt, off...

Just then, Abel heard a car pull up.

JessWrite, Kingtype and Love to Write like this.
  8. Kingtype

Meet Chuck!

The unpleasant sounds of the train slowed as it neared the station.

“So what brings you to Great Barrington Chuck?” A well-dressed woman asked the man sitting across from her.

Chuck’s sparkling brown eyes locked with hers. “Oh I’m visiting my cousin Keith.”

“Oh Keith Bowers?” She asked

Chuck smiled warmly his dimples showing. “Yes! Do you know him?”

“He’s only been helping my fiancé on his farm for years now.” She replied

Chuck purred. “Oh so you’re getting married?” His Spanish accent clear

She nodded happily and showed her hand.

On her finger sat a shining one carat diamond.

Chuck couldn’t hide his embarrassment as pink spread across his face. “Well that’s unfortunate. I was actually about to ask if you’d like to go out on a date.”

The woman gave him a surprised look as his eyes gave a depressing gaze out the window.

“Oh!” She said. “Well I’m sure we could do lunch I don’t think my future hubby would mind much.”

Chuck’s hand gently grabbed hers and a gentle kissed was placed on it. “No I am many things Miss Conrad.” He said giving her a wink. “But I am not one to go out with another man’s beloved.”

An understanding grin spread Miss Conrad’s face.

The train halted to a stop and sigh of disappointment escaped both their lips.

“Well then looks like this is goodbye.” He said standing up his black leather gloved hand grabbing his bag from the ground.

“Hopefully we’ll see each other in town.” She said

“I ever hope so and hopefully I’ll even meet that lucky husband of yours.”

The two said their goodbyes and Chuck made his way to the front of the train with her and several others behind.

Miss Conrad sat happily beside her husband as they drove him.

She’d decided best to keep to herself about the pretty Spanish gentleman she’d met on the way over.

Suddenly something felt off.

Miss Conrad’s ring finger felt empty and indeed it was!

The young girl’s eyes widened as she looking at her bare finger her vision blurred her drained of color.

“No!”

“No!”

Her hands searched her pockets heavy breathes came from her.

Her husband turned his head confused. “Jesus honey what’s wrong?”

“M…my ring!” She said as tears began to swell in her eyes. “I can’t find it!”

Her husband’s hands clenched around the steering while. “What!? I paid over 3,000 dollars for that!”

His face built up with red fury as he looked for something to punch in his blind anger he barely noticed the playing card that had fallen from his girl’s pocket.

“The hell is this!?” He grumbled

It was a playing card.

Miss Conrad scooped it off the grand.

It was the jester cared and on it black pen was scribbled which read.

'Catch me if you can'

-Chuck

As Miss Conrad panicked

Chuck himself was letting out a bored sigh as he discarded two golden Rolexes and four wallets into the trash bin outside the bed and breakfast he’d be staying at.

They make it so easy.

Honestly!

He’d of had more fun if he’d just stolen the entire train like he’d originally planned.

But then again he wasn’t called out here to steal anything and as soon as he brought up stealing a train to get there it was…..

“Just ride the damn thing there we don’t need any attention drawn to what’s going.”

Pfff did they have no sense of excitement?

No matter he supposed.

Chuck turned and was about to walk into the Inn yet an old man sat just left of the door way.

His smell hit Chuck’s nose making Carter grunt.

Like bad fish and heavy bags under the eyes of sagging bearded face.

A red plastic cup in his hand.

Suddenly he was stunned as something was flicked into his cup; a diamond ring lay in it.

His gray eyes looking up at flicker himself.

“You can’t have this back!” He snapped

“Don’t want to make it sir.” Chuck replied as started at the door again.

“Are you an angel?” The man asked giving an uneven luck

“Yes, I got tired so I decided to rest my wings in here.” He said motioning his head at the door.

“Can I at least have your name son?” The old man asked

“Of course it’s Steve.” He said as he entered the building

JessWrite likes this.
  9. JessWrite

Best Friends

No!

No!

This can’t be!

Peter’s face had worry written on it since he’d gotten to school.

He didn’t think anybody in town would be capable of murder? In fact, how could anyone be capable of murder at all.

The hairs on his arm slowly stood up as he paced about the lunch room, his body shivering at the thought of killing someone.

Uh oh….what if it was someone he knew!

Peter scratched his head as stress weighed at his shoulders.

Hopefully this murderer would be caught.

As Peter continued pacing, feet belonging to another were gradually stomping in his direction.

She couldn't believe Adelie commanded her to leave the table. Again. All for stupid Terry and stupid privacy. Now she had to eat somewhere else.

Packed lunch in hand, she scanned for an area of empty space. When she saw something half decent, she maneuvered her way through the crowded cafeteria. Only a few steps later, she hit someone; slammed right into a body moving a mile an hour. Well, at least a foot or so.

Her lunch fell onto the floor along with her and Haleigh's fuse was ignited. "Are you blind, idiot!?" she shouted, struggling to get up.

"Oh gosh!" Peter yelped out.

His cheeks turning red as he knelt down beside her.

Were you blind idiot? He asked himself.

"Are you hurt?" He asked. "I can carry you to the nurse if you want? I'm so so so sorry." He said reaching out to help her out.

Then his green eyes met her brown ones and both their faces went blank.

Peter shook his head, averting his gaze from her and a nervous smile spreading across his face.

His shoulders relaxed, relief spreading escaping his lips in a small sigh.

"You okay Haleigh?" He asked helping her to her feet.

"Sure am," Haleigh replied. As she pretended to look for any possible injuries, she dropped her voice to only a whisper he could hear. "I didn't mean that to be towards you...sorry. You should be careful though Pete, it could be someone worse next time." Swallowing hard, she dared to look at his face. "What were you doing, daydreaming?"

"Yeah I was day dreaming." He said an apologetic look still painted on his face.

"I was um thinking about the....murder." He said a frown falling upon his face.

"Oh yeah, I heard sirens on my street for most of the night...must of been real bad." Was all Haleigh could say as she brushed her fingers through her messy curls. After casting a few more worried glances over her shoulder, Haleigh took Peter by the arm. She shifted in the direction of a deserted corner. "Let's get out of the spotlight, k?"

"Um sure.....is something wrong?" He asked concerned going along with her his gaze never leaving her.

"Sure I didn't hurt you?" He asked.

Haleigh kept moving, not answering his question until they were far in the corner. She turned her back to the crowd and took a seat with a sigh of relief.

"No, I'm fine, not a scratch." she said, staring down at her brightly colored fingernails resting on the table. "And I just like talking to you without eavesdroppers, if you get what I mean. There's enough rumors going around about that crime, we don't need to add more."

Peter nodded.

She was right.

"Yeah best not to worry the others." Peter sat down at the nearest seat. "Oh yeah! I wanted to talk to you!"

"What about?" Haleigh asked, giving a smile that looked real enough.

Peter's teeth showed.

"Roxy's book. Do you still have it?"

Her smile turned non-existent. "Uh...yeah." Haleigh muttered with her head down. "But the thing is...it's kinda not hers anymore."

Peter shook his head as he examined her face.

"Come on H, I know you and Adelie like to joke around with her but I really think you've really been hurting her feelings lately." He continued. "I think if you returned the book it would be a good way to start building a friendship with and besides it would be really nice."

Peter couldn't help but smile as he envisioned Roxy's surprised face.

"Nice, yeah..." Haleigh said, trying to bring back her smile in return. "Tell you what Pete, I'm sorta busy, so I'll give you the book and you can give it to Roxy for me! How does that sound?"

"Sure!" Peter replied holding out his hand.

"Though I still think you should say sorry to her." He looked dead at her. "I don't want Roxy thinking you're a bad person."

10. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

Connor walked down the school halls, ears picking up every piece of gossip, nose picking up every scent...
    Some people were scared. He didn't blame them. Others were excited, which turned his stomach. Other than that, no one seemed suspicious at this time.
    Connor stopped in front of one of the lockers, pretty sure Joe's was around here somewhere. Perhaps he could lend some insight.

11. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Woodrow glanced at the bag Anita had dropped on his desk. The thought of food made him nauseous. "I'm not very hungry right now, but I appreciate the gesture. And please, call me Thomas. Or Mr. Woodrow when the children are around. We need to set a good example for them." He said all this with almost no emotion, as his eyes scanned the screen for any updates on Roxy's parents.

"I was wondering. Did you happen to hear those sirens going off last night? They seemed to be all over town...it was pretty loud, for a long time. I do hope everything worked out alright."
    "It'll be a long time before things are alright, I'm afraid. Quite the tragedy." He sighed lightly and tore his eyes away from the screen. "There is no need for you to stay and grade papers on your lunch break, Ms. Lockwood."

"Oh no, but I want to!" Anita said, flashing another smile his way. "You seem to be under a lot of stress as is, Thomas, and I would like to ease the burden for you. At least a little bit."

Even while shuffling through worksheets, she didn't leave his gaze as she spoke. "This tragedy...so much talk about it I've overheard from students, it's hard to know what to believe. What do you make of it all? I'm sure being such an intelligent man you can provide deep insight into the situation." she said, biting into a cookie.

"There was a murder...in our small town, where the worst crime is usually jaywalking." He sounded frustrated, maybe even slightly angry. "What more insight is there to be had?" He stood and walked over to the whiteboard, his back to her. "And all people care about is the gossip, and the excitement that comes with something new going on in our town. They don't care that a parent was ripped from their child. That family is torn apart forever because of this horror."

"I agree with you one-hundred percent!" Anita said, nodding her head vigorously. "People in this day and age are so selfish; not selfless like you, Thomas."

She flipped back her hair as she swiped her red pen, marking another question wrong. "A caring heart like yours, that's what's all people need. If there was just more good people like yourself in this world, then terrible things wouldn't happen." She cast a long glance at Woodrow before looking back to her work.

Thomas' cheeks flushed with the compliment. Not that he wasn't used to compliments but that one had been more friendly than he was used to, especially with it being from a lady. He was glad he had his back to her.

"I'm afraid I've not kept up on the news, did they announce the identity of the murder victim?" Ms. Lockwood asked.

Woodrow paused for a long moment. "No. The huh, police have decided not to disclose any information at this time." He turned back around and offered a tired smile. "Go take your break Ms. Lockwood. I would appreciate some time alone, if you don't mind."

Anita's eyes lit up as she smiled back. "Oh...sure!" she said and collected her things. Walking a step closer to Thomas, her expression softened. "But, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here not only as your assistant but your friend, Mr. Woodrow." She took another step as she put her hand on his shoulder. "Anytime."

"Ah" He replied awkwardly. "That is very kind of you." He removed her hand from his shoulder, but patted it so it was more of a friendly gesture. "Thankyou, but I'll be alright soon enough." Thomas cleared his throat and turned towards his desk. "See you next period."

Anita gave a final smile."Yes! And I hope you enjoy your lunch."

Pink was on her cheeks as she walked out the door and did a little twirl in the hallway. He had touched her hand, Thomas Woodrow had touched her hand!

Officially, her day could only get better.

12. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Amii slunk through the halls of Stickler High, a sudden premonition causing every hair on her body to stand on end. Something was wrong. The other students had gone oddly quiet -and those who still spoke talked in hushed whispers. Something was up, and it was big, but she had no idea what.

Rounding a corner, Amii spotted Peter and Haleigh at a table. Her tongue curdled at the idea of speaking to them, but if anyone knew the latest gossip, it had to be Haleigh or Adelie -and she was not going to talk to Adelie.

Amii slipped into a chair next to Peter just as they finished what looked like an argument, then bumped elbows with him. "Hey, do you have any idea what's going on?" she hissed. "Everyone's gone quiet or only whispers -and that only happens when something really bad is going to go down."

13. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I had walked home soon after school ended, I went into my bedroom and flopped down on my bed, the house was empty so I just did my homework quietly, after a while I heard sirens not so far away. I put down my finished homework and got up. "Ah... yes a crime has been committed!" I thought smiling, feeling slightly giddy at the prospect of a new mystery. I got my shoes on and began to search for the scene of the crime. After a few hours, I narrowed down the location to a neighborhood nearby, due to the amount of police cars moving in and out, but it was getting too late, I knew that my parents would get worried, I sighed and turned around, and went back to my house, falling asleep in my room.

The next I was sitting by myself, as usual, reading my book and eating, ignoring everyone around me talking about the case, I only listened when I heard about possible facts that could help me narrow down the possible location, though I had no time to listen to theories of foolish children wanting to play detective, I only listened for the facts, there was at least one person dead, one person was missing.

14. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Kubi finished up with Jesse and went about window shopping at the cafeteria. of course she had no money to buy anything and no lunch of her own, he mouth watered and she had to settle with imagining what American food tastes like. so Caught up in her dreaming she didn't notice Tina and bumped into her.
    "oh, I sorry." And a bow, and then realizing her mistake a vigorous hand shake.

Tina quickly pulled her hand out of Kubi’s grasp, returning the gesture with a glare. “It’s fine. Just watch where you walk. Bumping into the wrong person here could be hazardous to your health.”

"Um, what is hazardous?" Kubi responded.

"Dangerous, unhealthy...painful." Tina replied irritably. This new student needed to spend more time in Woodrow's English class.
    "How long have you been in America, anyway?"

"One month! But is it just me? or are things getting chilly?"

"Chilly?" Tina looked at Kubi like she was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen. "No, maybe you're just not used to Massachusetts weather."

"Hey, Tina! I was looking for you!" A cheery voice said from behind Kubi. The voice came from a boy with brown hair and large glasses. He looked to be 15 or 16. His smile was one that offered friendship to everyone.
    "She's not friend." Tina replied in annoyance. "Just an acquaintance. Kubi, I think is how you say her name."
    "Well it's a pleasure to meet you, Kubi." Max said as he stuck out a hand. "I'm Max. Tina's younger brother."

"Hallooo." She took the hand and gave it her usualy treatment. "You have a sibling? aww, I have two back home." Kubi suddenly started acting a little weird, sort of nervous like twiddling her thumbs staring at the floor, blushing slightly. Eventually she plucked up the courage to say what was on her mind. "Hey, Tina I was wondering, do you think after school we could...how you say in english do the hanging out?"

"Uh..." No! Tina screamed within the confines of her own mind.
    "Sure! Tina would love to hang out with you. Wouldn't you, Sis?" Max said wrapping an arm around his adopted sister's shoulders. If looks could kill, Tina's would've.
    "Remember, you promised mom you'd try and be nicer to people." He whispered in her ear.
    She growled deep in her throat, but then forced a smile and looked at Kubi. "Can you skateboard?"

"never tried, it looks really easy though. so it's a yes yay!" Kubi gave her a surprise hug.

"Aw." Max said as Tina wriggled out of the girl's grasp. "Don't hug me!" She growled. "Meet you outside after school." With that she stomped away.
    Max gave Kubi a sympathizing smile. "She gets nicer the longer you know her."

Kubi looked on rather confused, "She seems so, whats the word, stressed." She smiled at Max and gave a short bow. "Thank you for your kindness, now I have two friends. At that she remembered Amii, "Three freinds, three is a good start...Ei ya, I bowed again stupid, why do I keep doing that?" Max then suffered the same fate a virgerous hand shaking. "be seeing you!"

15. Kingtype

"Hey, do you have any idea what's going on?" she hissed. "Everyone's gone quiet or only whispers -and that only happens when something really bad is going to go down."

Peter shook his head. "There was murder." He said. "Its really awful but I'm not sure on the exact details."

Hmmm

"But I think I might know someone who does."

After Peter was done speaking with Haleigh and Amii

He approached Joe a copy of Pride and Prejudice.

"Joe you busy?" He asked giving genuine smile

I looked up from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and gave Peter my usual analyzing gaze. "Do you need something, Peter?" I asked with my usual detached demeanor.

"Kinda.....well I sorta just wanted to ask something." He responded. "I know you're into mysteries and plus you always get the best grades in class when it comes to solving stuff. Do you know who got um....killed?"

"No, but I have my suspicions, why do you want to know?" I asked. "A morbid curiosity or some misguided attempt to help whoever was affected?" I asked crossing my arms.

"The second.....I think....I don't know." Peter breathed out with a sigh.
    "I just wanna see if I can help in someway. The family or something you know? Its important we all stick together when something like this happens."

I rolled my eyes and sighed deeply. "Well if you want to help, you can't, you're not a detective and you'll only get in my way, I can't risk people coming with me and contaminating the crime scene or talking incessantly into my ear every thirty seconds asking if it's blood or ketchup." I said.

"Oh I promise I won't do any of that." Peter confirmed. "And I know the difference between blood and ketchup no problem. Please Joe if you know where it is or something, I just want to drop off flowers or give the police my best."

"Really?... Fine, I'll let you tag along, you, Peter." I said, hoping he'd know what I meant.

"Okay." Peter said.

Meet me at Glenfield, just remember you're not going inside the house." I said.

Suddenly Peter's long arms wrapped around Joe in a bear hug.
    "I promise I won't come in house with you....if you can get in" He said. "Thank you so much Joe!"

I sighed and tried to push him off. "I don't do the whole hug thing." I said, not hiding my annoyance.

Peter swallowed as he set Joe down a nervousness in his eyes. "Sorry." He said bowing. "Didn't mean to upset you."
    With that the two said their goodbyes and planned to meet after school.

Neither aware of other ears prying in on their conversation

School went on with relative normalcy after that.

with the exception of Peter informing Kubi, Haleigh and some others that he was meeting Joe after school to try and find the place the murder happened.

He recalled Joe told him not to but Peter wanted all the help he could get for that poor family.

The man in the grey suit was no more!

A bright red Hawaiian with pink flowers on it, badge cargo pants and sandals with socks wasn’t his exactly his idea of the greatest upgrade

But it was all the change of clothes the hotel could provide him with.

He sat across from the school as the students exited the building and a smile spread across his face.

Nostalgic!

He figured Roxy wouldn’t be in today but no he wasn’t here for her.

If he was going to get her he’d need the right people.

As the number of students thinned out the man pushed himself up and stalked towards them.

“Hey.” He waved at them.

All the students quirked their eyebrows or took a step back slightly.

“Need something?” An older looking boy asked

“I’m working undercover with the police.” He said digging his pocket and holding up a badge.

The students relaxed a bit at seeing he was an officer.

He gave a friendly nod at them.

Thank you Carter…..

“Are there any students here who have information about the criminal activity in this city?” He asked

There was silence.

“Look I’m here because of the murders that happened.” He said. “We need all the help we can get. So please.”

“Mash and Cliff.” Another student in the back up spoke. “If anyone knows anything its them.”

Jeez talk about names only a mother could love.

“Where can I find them?” He asked

A student pointed at the two senior boys making their way down the street.

“Thanks.” He said giving a thumbs and following the two drug dealers along.

Mash and Cliff. Two of the roughest kids in school. Most kids knew they were the ones who dealt the drugs, test answers or whatever else...for a price. With school out they finally got to leave the campus and immediately began to make their way to their regular spot in the park.
    “Hey Mash and Cliff.” A man in a red Hawaiian shirt greeted as the two as he walked behind them a devilish grin playing on his lips.

"Who the heck are you?" Mash demanded, obviously annoyed that this man knew who they were before they knew who he was.

“You’ve never heard of me?” The man asked surprised his blinking his blue yes.
    “Everybody knows me.”
    The man was obviously older; at least his early thirties.

“I’ve been told by people you can supply me with information about students at Stickler High.”

"Sorry, punk. Don't know you." Mash replied crossing his arms.
    "But we can get you pretty much any info you want," Cliff interjected "For a price."

The man lit cigarette and took a puff before continuing. “Punk? That’s really cute.” He muttered as he stepped closer towards them. “I want to know about Roxy and Stella Xalider. From who picks on them, who’s friends with them and their favorite teachers.”
    The oddly dressed man nodded. "Do you know any of this stuff?"

Mash snorted like the man was asking stupid questions. "Oh, yeah. We know."
    "And even if didn't, we could easily find out." Cliff added. "For twenty a question."
    Mash smiled like he didn't care if the man refused. "The money will also buy you our discretion and silence. Know one will know who was asking."

A bored groan escaped the man’s lips his face looking tired. “Look just answer the damn questions. I’m not paying thugs for answering simple questions.”
    “So listen you little shits.” His eyes narrowed as he got even closer to them. “Make this easy on yourself and talk.”

Cliff's eyes widened with fear and he glanced at Mash. Mash on the other hand was squinting at the man in rage. "And ruin my reputation as an honest information broker? I don't think so. You leave now, I won't cut off your fingers." Mash reached towards his back pocket.

“Go ahead.” The man said his smile never fading. “Bet it would make your reputation grow. Think of it...you’d be the kid who cut off the fingers of the most grisly murderer in this town’s history.”
    Suddenly the man leaned down into Mash’s face. “Of course if you miss I’m going to do you like I did those two idiots who I ran into when I got to this town. Ever wonder what a slit throat feels like?”

Mash and Cliff blanched simultaneously. "You're...you're...you're the..." Cliff stuttered,
    "The guy who murdered those people?" Mash finished, his eyes wide with fear. His hand had stopped reaching for his knife, not voluntarily though. Try as he might, he couldn't move under the gaze of the man before him.

A hand shot forth and latch around Mash’s hand pulling up away from his pocket. “Yeah it was me.” He replied.
    “I did a nasty number on them should of heard how they begged for mercy.” He cocked his head. “But that’s not the point of this.”
    “I’ll ask again their friends, their bullies and their favorite teachers and once you answer, I want you to run.”

"For Roxy: Friends, one...Peter. Bullies, everyone...but maybe Adelie, Terry and Haliegh the most out of all. Teacher...Mr. Woodrow, definitely." Cliff said as fast as he could. "I wouldn't be surprised if she has a crush on him." He laughed like his life depend on it...which in a sense it did.
    "uh, Stella, she's real popular. Friends with all the cool people. But she and Roxy are real close. Bullies to her, none really. Her favorite teacher? I think she likes all of them." Cliff gasped for breath. "Can I run now?"

The man released his grip and gave a friendly nod. “Peace homies.”

The two seniors sprinted away. Running for their lives. It wasn't until they were several blocks away that they stopped for air.
    "Shouldn't we tell someone?" Cliff asked.
    "Not unless you want to die a painful death."
    "But the police...shouldn't they know? He's going after students...in our school!"
    Mash grabbed Cliff by the collar and slammed him against a nearby wall, "I am not risking my life for some idiot girls! You say anything...to anyone...and I'll kill you myself."

The strange man gave a loose smile once the teens were out of sight.

"Kids these days will believe anything they hear."

After school at Glenfield.....

“Joe!” Peter called out searching for his friends.

What if he ditched him?

The idea was quickly dismissed.

Joe wouldn’t do that.

His boy’s palms were sweaty as his hear racing, eagerness taking hold of him.

Wondering if the victims’ families would mind them coming to help or if the police would call their parents?

Oh dear….that wouldn’t be very good.

Hopefully Joe will know to what to do if something like that happens.

16. Pheonix

“Hey boss!” Kelly shouted slamming her car door.
    “I got the details you wanted.” She said waving a badge folder as she stood in the doorway.

Abel alike duo from the bloodstained floor.

"Good work," he said as he took the offered folder and started flipping through it. There were pictures if the bodies, time of death, a summary of evidence collected, things that he already know. "Unfortunately it doesn't seem that there's anything new here," he said after a moment.

"What do you make of all this Detective?"

Kelly wrinkled her nose at the pictures.
    Not a happy sight.

"Hmmm well not sure exactly. I talked to the victims daughter yesterday, that's when I found out about the older sister. Well she's still a missing person, I know it probably doesn't match evidence but you think she could be involved in the killings?" She asked.

Abel though for a moment. "We can't rule out anything yet," he said. "But it is odd. Something about this all doesn't seem right... But if anyone knows what's going on, I'll warrant that it's the daughter, Stella isn't it? I think that finding her should be our top priority at the moment."

He flipped over to her picture in the case file. Pretty girl, she didn't look like a killer, but he couldn't rule it out.

"Do we have any leads from interviewing the other daughter?"

Kelly shook her head. "Nope not yet boss. We've just about searched the entire damn town for her to and places she frequented at no sign of Stella and Roxy, the one I interviewed is in foster care now."

Kelly hummed in annoyance. "Think the parents were involved in anything dirty?"

"It's possible... Let's get a look at their financials and start interviewing their friends and neighbors. We should keep a squad car looking after the younger girl, just in case..."

Abel paced around the room again, looking for anything that he had missed.

"Tell me, does this make sense to you? The Xalider's were found in the kitchen, correct? But most of the signs of struggle are in the living room, and neither of the Xalider's looked like they had much of a chance to struggle. It just doesn't add up to me, any thoughts?"

"No not really." She replied. "I'll make sure to get a squad car up there when we are done here."
    Kelly pointed a finger over in the corner . "She said she found the murderer their getting up blood on him our mysterious suspect in the grey suit hasn't been found yet either."

"I'm assuming that we have an APB out on him?" Abel asked. "We need warrants for any security footage from yesterday afternoon for two miles around. I'll start working on that, I need to take a drive down to the courthouse anyway. You should start interviewing the neighbors. Lemme know if you find anything out," Abel said, the started to leave.

"Got it boss!!" She saluted. Abel walked out of the house with a faint smile, Kelly was definitely earnest, but she was a good cop too. As he made his way towards his car, under the police tape, he noticed a groups of teenagers starting to form down the street.

17. mmarage

I heard Peter calling for me, I turned to him. "Come along Peter, time is wasting." I said, without waiting for a response, I took off toward Glenfield. I didn't know nor care if Peter was keeping up with me as I made my way through the streets, I would only take a glance down a street and then continue on. "Nope." I mumbled after each time I didn't see the crime scene tape, then I saw it, a few police cars outside of the scene, and crime scene tape. "Bingo." I said.

I walked down the street briskly and saw two people come out of the house. "Ah, Detective Abel, they put someone competent on the case, surprising." I said smiling, I had always butted into police investigations and tended to put them all to shame, the only person that I had deemed even slightly competent was Detective Abel.

18. JessWrite

Why am I doing this again?

Haleigh thought to herself, breathing heavily as she crouched on the ground. Bringing her face close to the tree trunk, she peered out into the street. She squinted, blocking the afternoon sun to focus on the dot in the distance. Back and forth the dot went; back and forth it paced.

Oh, right. That’s why.

Hearing of his plan to check out the scene of the crime, Haleigh had rolled her eyes. Well, on the inside. Peter of course had told her all the juicy details on why they needed to find out; to help the family.

But investigate where somebody was rumored to have been murdered? That didn’t make any logical sense! They should let the police handle it, not get into forensics. She never did so well seeing blood.

She had quickly made up some lame excuse on why she couldn't come.

But now here she was, tracking them down; playing spy on the streets.

She had to, really. They all were stupid, she had to be the smart one. If someone made one false move, or something bad happened, she’d be there to fix it. She'd be backup. Haleigh reached into her back pocket and felt the smooth leather of her manicure kit, filled with all kinds of pointy nail files. Yes, she was prepared for anything.

Haleigh’s steps were soft as she came out of hiding and dropped to the ground. Crawling through someone’s lawn to get a closer look, she watched for any sudden movements.

Which happened, causing her to hide again, landing into bushes.

“Ow. Gosh, I hate nature,” she muttered to herself. While picking fallen leaves out of her hair, she raised her head to see through the foilage. Another dot...had approached in the distance.

And, they'd started off down the sidewalk. Rats!

Haleigh waited a bit until they were out of sight until she got up and walked at a brisk pace. She couldn't lose them...not after all that dirt she'd gotten in her mouth.

Finally, she stood a yard or so across from the house, looking out from behind a large old garden angel statue. Now there were four dots, how many more would try to connect?

Haleigh took a deep breath, waiting.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  19. Pheonix

Abel Jefferson

He had stopped on the steps as he watched the two teens walk up the street. He was honestly surprised that it had taken this long for people to figure out where the murder had been. Grand Barrington was a small town, and word travels fast.

However, a slight scowl developed on his face as he recognized the boy in the lead.

"Ah, Detective Abel, they put someone competent on the case, surprising."

"Fancy seeing you here," Abel said. "Mr. Doyle, you can always be counted on to stick your nose where it doesn't belong. What can I do for you? Oh, and I do warn you, if you step one foot across that police line, I'll have you booked for evidence tampering..."

Joe Doyle, 17, fancied himself a detective. But in Abel's opinion, he was no Arthur Conan. He had potential, but right now, he was just an arrogant teen who though he was smarter than the police. Which, may have been true, but he wasn't smarter than Abel, and he certainly didn't have the experience that he did.

20. mmarage

"Aw, how cute, you think I care." I said smiling, it had been true, I had been threatened every time with it, or obstruction of justice, but each and every time, I had gone across the police tape without hesitation. "You and I both know there's a better chance that fire will rain from the sky and burn everyone to a crisp than me trampling on the evidence, usually it's one of your men that's one of the careless ones, and I don't like to talk about cases with those who were not involved, if you're worried about the boy who may or may not have managed to keep up with me, he isn't crossing that tape, you and I both know I quite dislike people trying to play detective, their theories, while usually entertaining, are quite annoying and tedious to point out each and every last mistake in their logic." I said, I walked right up to the police tape. "So, how about the grand tour?" I asked.

21. Pheonix

Able chuckled. "Kid, go home. You might have helped bust a few gangbangers around town, or a robbery, but this is another level. It's not hard to catch thugs in a small town, but murder? That's a different thing completely. There hasn't been a murder in this town since '92. We might have been a little more slack when the stakes weren't so high, but with this, like I said, step foot across that line, and then next place you'll be stepping is into the back of my car..."

As he said it, he pulled a pair of handcuffs off his belt and examined them for a moment.

"Shiny, aren't they?" he said with a small grin. "Now run along."

22. mmarage

I merely looked at them. "Detective Abel, on any other person, that would work, so, there are two options, the easy way where you show me around and I give you some insights that likely went over your head and help you catch your murderer, or at the very least make your investigation quicker, or I pretend to leave, go behind your back and look at the scene myself, possibly get caught and then make you and your men look like complete fools as I list several things that you and your men missed, now which way doesn't make you look like a complete incompetent fool that shouldn't even be allowed near a crime scene, allowing someone that's helped you solve several cases in the past assist you in this case, or have your boss hear my insights and learn that you were the one that was unable to keep me out of a crime scene, I believe that the first person who did that got demoted, who was it again, Jones, Smith, something among those lines?" I asked, it had happened the first time that I had ever involved myself in a case, after that a few people tried to send me away but eventually gave up and allowed me inside. "So, what's it going to be, Detective Abel?" I asked, I smiled at him.

23. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

Predictable, Connor thought, catching Joe near the crime scene. Shrugging, Connor walked the other way and entered the music store, nodding to the clerk. His shift was in half an hour, plenty of time time to scope out some equipment. He needed new strings.
    "Hey, I don't suppose you saw any suspicious people last night," Connor said to the clerk. The clerk shook his head. "Figures."

24. Pheonix

Abel just smiled at Joe.

"So you confess to breaking and entering?" he asked, still standing on the steps of the house.

This kid was pushing his buttons, and he did not like having his buttons pushed. "I'm not letting you in that house, and if you go in there, that's breaking and entering, which here in Massachusetts is considered Burglary, which, is a felony. Now, if you think I'm going to get demoted because you broke into a house, you're delusional. And besides, after that little speech of yours, you've basically left me with one option, instead of two...

"Turn around. You're under arrest for Obstruction of Justice and Evidence Tampering."

25. mmarage

"I've already been tried and exonerated for that crime, I'm sure you know about the term 'Double Jeopardy', or was my faith in your abilities and memory completely misconstrued detective? I haven't broken into this house, nor have I said that I will, I've merely given two hypothetical statements about what may result from your choice." I said, I put my finger on his handcuffs and pushed his hand down. "Besides, I get results, you can't deny that, so I don't think that your charges will go so far if your boss thinks that I'm an asset in this case, so are you really going to waste your time, my time, and allow the murderer's trail go cold over a simple grudge?" I asked, my demeanor didn't change, perhaps the only change in my behavior was that I was getting bored over these semantics, as if others have tried this, which they have, and failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.