Brainstorming: Iconic cars for the less well-off

Discussion in 'Research' started by Iain Aschendale, May 30, 2021.

1. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

We seem to be running 20th century with our replies. When does the action take place? If you could use something iconic but more post-Millenium, you could try this:

[​IMG]

They're brilliant for hauling stuff around in (especially if you ditch the back seats--- they fold up like suitcases and you carry them out by their handles) and the headroom is great. The seats are very comfortable.

They're also pretty simple to work on, if you have a mechanic who likes older cars. I mean, in terms of diagnosing problems. True, it requires 8 hours and the ability to solve Chinese puzzles to change the water pump, but at least you know it's the pump that needs replaced.

If your protag didn't have the left-side nerve damage I'd say manual transmission was the only way to go. But if he has to settle for automatic, it can't be helped.

Manual is waaayyyy more fun. Ask me how I know.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021