1. Rachel Hamilton

Rachel Hamilton New Member

Brainstorming: Need help with logistics!

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Rachel Hamilton, Jun 14, 2018.

Novice fiction writer here... My draft for a short story is due tomorrow... I have the bare bones of my plot, it also leaves me with a lot of logistical questions that I want to figure out before I start writing. Unfortunately, I admit I'm a little ignorant about a lot of things, for one— and also, I have no idea how to research about these issues [​IMG] So those of you on here with a creative and pragmatic mind, if I were to personal message you with my ideas so far, would you mind chatting with me at some point today to help me figure out how I can make it work? Or do I just post the ideas I have so far here? (I just created this account haha).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. Awz

Awz Member

I would throw your questions on here. There are a lot of people with a varied amount of experiences, preferences, and knowledge. You may end up limiting yourself if you rely on PMs, they can be time-consuming. Most people are happy to throw out a few pointers and tips to help you along.

Shenanigator likes this.
  3. Mocheo Timo

Mocheo Timo Senior Member

I think we need more details to offer particular help.
    All I can suggest is to read the sticky threads in Plot Development, Character Development, Word Mechanics, etc,
    since most ideas that could come in handy have already been mentioned somewhere or other in the forum.

4. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

Honestly I'd say go ahead and start writing, let the logistics fall into place as you go. I'm on my third draft of my novel and I'm still figuring out 'hey if this happens this way instead, that would make more sense'.