Bringing down "God"

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by DeathandGrim, May 28, 2013.

1. CyberFD

CyberFD Member

Code Geass was my life last summer. :love:

Anywho, there's always somewhere that the antagonist goes wrong and opens himself up to exploitation. You just have to find it. Is he arrogant? Is he paranoid? Is he always looking for more? Where ever he is wrong, just exploit the hell out of that.

If any of that makes sense ._.

2. Makeshift

Makeshift Active Member

I wouldn't worry about people being offended by this. It always takes two people to offend someone anyway: the first offends and the second one gets offended. With the story, I would say the best way for Nick to win is to trick John in some way. After all, he's not omniscient. Manipulating him into contradicting himself or maybe even getting him to say something that turns everyone against him. See the 1962 film Manchurian Candidate, it deals with hypnosis and there is one scene in particular that could give you inspiration.

3. mbinks89

mbinks89 Active Member

Well, I suppose that is a bit of a hole you've dug yourself into.
    Maybe the antagonist is forced at gunpoint to revoke everything he said, or, better yet, instill thoughts of world peace and brotherly love into the minds of people around the world, and then is shot?
    Or maybe he himself is hypnotized by someone similar?

4. nightbane44

nightbane44 New Member

Most Humans by nature are weak willed although there are exceptions. By killing their god it could bring about doubt which is bad for any leader. The mc could capitalize on this and convince the people they are their own masters.

5. DeathandGrim

DeathandGrim Senior Member

I love it! This is something I think I can do, it's a unique way of ending a tale like this

Fitting in with the theme of learning to question one's religion and understanding of it. Leaving it in Nick's hands, now that's an interesting idea