1. Fippmeister

Fippmeister New Member

Bulgarian girls names?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Fippmeister, Nov 1, 2014.

I read somewhere else that wrong names were big nuisance, so I thought I'd double check that the foreign names I've used are in fact from the right country.
    I got the names from online, so if it's actually foreign for something offensive or anything like that, I apologize.
    The main concern is three Bulgarian girls. Bilyana, Ralica and Nevana. They are 15, 12 and 8, born and named in a rural part of the country, and the story takes place no earlier than 1977. They are siblings, in case that matters to the naming.

Thanks in advance for any help verifying the legitimacy of the names. =)

2. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

I think that google will help you more than we can. (Or at least more quickly).

3. Fippmeister

Fippmeister New Member

Yes, google would help me quicker. Google also tells me that Jack Hoff is a correct, if slightly rare name in america. ;-)

4. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

Thanks for the insult. If you have any legitimate questions, there are many very nice folks here who can be very helpful.

Acting like an ungrateful ass doesn't tend to go very far.

5. Howard_B

Howard_B Active Member

I have met three people from Poland, Romania and Spain in the last year alone who all had names that were non-traditional to their countries. Not everyone has traditional native names and although I am not saying we should ignore native names, I think people sometimes too obsessive with them. The name of a great Russian character,a killer, in a book I read two or three years ago was "Tommy". And it worked brilliantly. It's the story and character that matter imho.

6. Fippmeister

Fippmeister New Member

Wow, talk about a bad reaction to a joke. I apologize for being humorous about how little use there is in google. I didn't know it would personally offend you.

7. Howard_B

Howard_B Active Member

I wish people would help the rest of us by quoting or referring to the person they are replying to ... how on earth is anyone to know ? We are not mind readers ! (smileyface!)