Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lulin

Lulin New Member

Can anyone help me advise how to write mixed tenses properly?

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by Lulin, May 8, 2018.

I've been trying to edit 8 chapters of my mixed tense writing again and again, but I seem to be failing. At first it was written mostly in past tense and then some in present tense and others in future tense. But because of a suggestion of a beta, I tried to fix it. After much reading, I learned that writing mostly in present tense is better for mixed tenses, and then I tried that in my final edit and now everything is a mess.

It would be nice if someone in the forum could give it a read and advise me on how to write the mixed tenses properly?

As for as the mixed tenses go, my reading experience was that of Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence. His was mostly in past tense but with some mixes of present tenses and future tenses. But mine is mostly in present tense but with some mixes of past tenses and future tenses.

I have so much troubles with this edit. Frankly speaking, I feel very lost, and I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me point out what should and should not be done, by reading a few chapters of my novel?

Regards,
    Lulin.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Make sure to have a read through the PM you will have gotten from me regards our Workshop and making requests for Beta (or Alpha) Readers. Because we are a Workshoping forum we have some requirements that must be met first. The information you want is in the PM I sent you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.