1. prettyinpink

prettyinpink New Member

Can someone please help me brainstorm?? I have part of my plot, but not all of it.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by prettyinpink, Dec 27, 2008.

Okay I need help with the suspense part. Here is what I have so far. This might be long so please bear with me.

Here is what I have so far its bits and pieces. This guy dissapears on his fiancee on their wedding day (he never shows up) because he learns the FBI is on to him and some people he double crossed are on to him too. It turns out he was hiding his past from his fiancee and he turns out to be a criminal. He got his new idenity because he was hiding from an organized crime organization that he double crossed. With his new idenity he was embezzeling money from a large company he was working for so he could have nice things and so he can help out this new organized crime organization he is running with( they helped him get his new idenity). My problem is in what way should he helping out these new criminals since he was stealing millions of money from the company? And how can his fiancee be in danger? She will be his ex fiancee eventually after she learns of his past and she will fall for one of the FBI agents thats investigating her (ex) finace.

Any suggestions or opinions?

Thanks in advance!:D

2. Fitz101

Fitz101 New Member

Ooh I love this genre... Maybe you could say he was helping the new criminals via money laundering or something like that, and could complicate things further by saying that he was skimming a little bit off the top of this new embezzled figure and is now being hunted by TWO rival criminal organisations? And then maybe towards the end you could have him turn himself in so that he could help the FBI bring down both these organisations for a plea deal?

Just a few random thoughts, hope they help :)

3. prettyinpink

prettyinpink New Member

Thanks so much! Thats a great idea!

4. SarahN

SarahN New Member

Does he actually love his fiance? If the organizations know this then they could take her at some point as a way to bait him. he would then work with the FBI trying to get the fiance back as well as bring down the organization. In the end he would lose the girl anyway, but it would be a great conflict because he would help save her life and so the nobel part that she knew would still be there, tugging at her heart strings and his has to let her go since he will be in jail...

5. prettyinpink

prettyinpink New Member

Thats brilliant! I was actually trying to figure out how I would factor the fiancee into the plot. Thanks for the idea!

Yes he does love her, I dont want to make him totally cold and evil.

6. SarahN

SarahN New Member

No problem, I think it sounds really interesting... looking forward to reading more.

7. SarahN

SarahN New Member

It also occurred to me, if the fiance and FBI agent fall in love while trying to deal with the lead character then when the fiance gets kidnapped, the FBI agent and lead character will have to work together, I think it would be an interesting dynamic in that at first obviously the lead character wouldn't want to work with the agent because he looks at this man as stealing his fiance even though she was rejecting him to some degree at the same time.

I would consider having essentially 3 main characters, the lead character (the "bad" guy, the fiance, and then the FBI agent).

8. prettyinpink

prettyinpink New Member

Thanks again! Do you think that my plot could still work as a suspense romance novel? I was trying to interweave the FBI agents and the fiances romance with the danger element which has a lot do with the bad guy. The love story is supposed to be the core of the novel.

9. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

Yeah, it could totally work. Give it a try.

10. SarahN

SarahN New Member

I do think it could work, I think having the two men play off each other will allow you more choices in the end. You may have to develop each of the characters a little more so they can stand on their own but I think it could definitely work.

11. prettyinpink

prettyinpink New Member

Thanks SarahN and Marina. I was starting to get worried!