Casey Anthony trial

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Steerpike, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

I have to disagree with you, but only because of how vague Caylee's Law is written at the moment. I just looked at a website and it stated Caylee's Law as this:

The description isn't taking into account if the parent or family member decides to donate the proceeds to charity, like in John Walsh's case. (John Walsh is the guy that helped create the tv series America's Most Wanted.)

Also, in reporting a child's disappearance, age should be taken into consideration. There is a big different between a toddler being missing for more than 24 hours and a delinquent 16 year old.

They really need to add more specifics to this law.

2. Blue_Lotus

Blue_Lotus New Member

We already have these laws in some form or another.... this is just another "Feel Good" measure taken by some close to elcetion time...
    Waste of time and tax $ IMHO.
    No reasonable person would NOT report their child missing or dead. I'm sorry but if she did not kill her child at the very least she was guilty of Gross neglect! I don't need a law to tell me that, besides how many parents out there will report the death of their child they beat???

3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Sounds like they're going to have a big First Amendment issue with the clause about the sale of books, movies, etc. Plus, it's a stupid clause ;)

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. (former Supreme Court justice):

The Anthony case is proving, repeatedly, the truth of the legal saying that 'hard cases make bad law.'