Cats are Snobs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by J.P.Clyde, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Domino

Domino Active Member

Wolfi, are your overweight cats declawed?

2. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

That's the best part to groom.

Ikr. You would also be surprised she's fixed.

Um....Misses loves the string. And the laser.

3. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

I don't know. Maybe there's a special magnetic field around your house that's affecting the spayed cats.

Actually, It's pretty standard that people with that many pets are incapable of caring for them adequately, it's possible that you're one of the special ones who manages to do it, though. I never said you're not.

4. wolfi

wolfi New Member

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/cat-care/spay-neuter.aspx

While ture fixing them dose "not" make them fat it dose incress their chnaces

saying it dose not maker them fat is avodiong the qurstion it makes evrey food they eat incress their chance cause they need fewer calories
    like i said
    see?
    While yes if you have onc cat you can diet them I have 20 I can't relistcly stop this or that one form eating

And it requires a diet a diet that can be hard to keep if said cat is out door and if the cat shares food with other cars as they are most likely to steal food
    Even if cat is indoors if you have more then one then its real easy for said cat to get fat

So they dont change yet they get calmer and they dont act the same... right
    to be fair the behaviors MAY be the marking territory and calling out for opstie sex but there is more also

5. Trish

Um, you're making my points for me.

Point 1) Overfeeding makes them fat

Point 2) You have too many cats to adequately care for them

Thank you for agreeing.

EDIT: The sterilization thing wasn't there when I quoted... Ummm.. no. You're adding things they didn't say. They said the cat will be calmer, they didn't say it will be fat. You can't just add things that aren't there.

6. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Dude. Bottom line? Declawing =/= spaying or neutering. Give it a rest. Back to cute stories about cats.

7. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Mine slept right up against me and purred last night when I was upset and couldn't sleep.

8. wolfi

wolfi New Member

No I would never do that as they are out doors and they need it

9. wolfi

wolfi New Member

1) you only using the parts you want you avoid the part that
    A over feeding becomes way to easy AND that fixing them makes them get fater a lot easyer
    2.) unlike you guys I dont belive cats are need to care for, cats can take care of them selfs they done it for years, we give them food and water but if they leave they leave its their life

Can you at least understand me thinking not letting a cat live is wrong?
    to me its the same thing as abortions or fixing someone
    I believe evrey creature deserves to live, while yes cats do die the world would be betr if we realized CATS can take care of them selfs
    Why kill a cat if its in a shelteR? cats can be wild and live all anmials can

Now can we just agree to disagree?
    I'm NEVER going to think stoping many many lifes is right EVER
    It's just like if you fix a human just cause they don't have the money to "care" for their kids
    I know you may think "humans are deferent" and I can understand that I how ever do not and all I ask is that you respect my beliefs as i respect yours

10. Trish

No, I can't agree to disagree with you, because what you believe is tragic. I am done arguing though.

11. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Wolfi -- Fixing a cat is not the same as abortion, nor is a person who gets her tubes tied (or a vascectomy for a guy) getting an abortion. An abortion is stopping a life; the others are measures taken to avoid getting pregnant. Do you think people using birth control is wrong, or people who decide to not have sex because they don't want to get pregnant?

12. hiddennovelist

Super cute! What a sweetheart.

The problem with that argument is that, first of all, abortions and "fixing someone" are two different things. If people in this thread were advocating getting kitty abortions or taking newborn kittens and drowning them, then hell yeah, I'd be right there with you. However, there's a huge difference between killing a kitten or getting an abortion and getting an animal (or a person, for that matter) fixed.

And now, with that being said, I can agree to disagree.

13. J.P.Clyde

Misses likes to walk around like she owns the place. She down right will give you this look like she's the queen of the household.

She has a few quirks. She won't eat any food out of a blue label or blue can.

So let's say Turkey Flavor was in the color blue, she won't eat it. Or if the can is a blueish color she won't eat it.

14. wolfi

wolfi New Member

First off your trying to maker the qurestion only show the BAD sides making look like I'm wrong
    You never mettioned the fact that
    A. a person who could be born would not be
    Do i think birht contorl is wrong? yes I do, Not that I think it should be illegal or anything your free to use it i never would you should not have sex unless your prepared for kids IMO.
    pepole who decide not to have sex is a whole another ball game
    the person would never be born in the first place as they had no intention of ever having sex

to me stoping a future person who COULD of lived is the same as a abortion the person never gets a say and they never get a chance at life

This is not turing in to a pro aboriton thread or anything so lets stop that here okay?

So let me state this once for you as evrey one eles agrees to disagree

I think fixing something or stoping natures way of giving brith to soemthing is wrong
    thats jsut me your free to do what you want
    To me its wrong as a life never gets the chance and to me life is worht living its better then never existing at any rate
    now lets go back to cute cats

15. Domino

Domino Active Member

Sorry, I really can't agree to disagree. I can agree to stop talking about it, but I will always want to change your mind, I can't help it. If you had it your way, the amount of feral cats would be so high people would be out culling the poor things. :( There are too many people with your opinion, and it's the animals that suffer.

People working so hard to control the population are fighting a losing battle every day because of others who think cats should be free to live wild and have litter after litter after litter. So sad.

I'm glad you don't declaw your cats, phew! Relief. And thank heaven they're spayed and neutered, you'd be overrun with them before you knew it if they weren't.

And Mallory... Awwww! :) Cute.

I used to wake up sometimes to my boy very carefully hovering over me with one claw poking my eyelashes. lol. He's such a love. Never hurt anything in his life, bless him, such a softy. He was a rescue kitten.

1 person likes this.
  16. hiddennovelist

Oy vey............

In an effort to not get myself infracted, boom: cat pic.

Edit: Alright, I couldn't find any pictures. Just picture a slightly douchebaggy looking orange striped cat curled up in a cabinet.

17. Trish

ROFL :D Wow, that's an.... interesting looking cat!

That's why I stopped talking about it...

18. hiddennovelist

I'm trying to find the picture, I really am. I thought I had it on my computer, but I guess maybe I deleted it...

19. Domino

Domino Active Member

You're a writer. Describe it. :p xx

I'm not trying to be a cow, honest, I just get upset about this kind of thing. I'll hush now, I've said my bit.

20. hiddennovelist

Found the picture. :)

[​IMG]

21. J.P.Clyde

Now I have to say my peace, lol. Why can't we cat lovers ever shut up. Sure, there is nothing wrong with a creature living out its life. Sure, there is nothing with cats having sex and having baby cats. However, there is something wrong with people having baby cats when they don't want to have baby cats.

How unfair is it to that new life to be dumped out onto the streets because there are to many of you? How fair is it for those kittens to be born, to be given the chance of life only to be thrown away?

That isn't life. That isn't even worth a life. Its a much smarter idea to make sure there is no future life that has to be thrown out or thrown away because people didn't understand the consequences of life.

Sure, there is nothing wrong with cats having life. Nor is there anything wrong with cats having babies.

But there is something wrong about exploiting life. And I will take safety measurements so that way life is never exploited.

22. Trish

Awwww... he's not douchebaggy! He's adorable :D Luffs the kitty!

@Domino - I agree with you. Don't worry. Just better to shut up and not get infacted :p

23. Domino

Domino Active Member

He doesn't look like a douchebag!! :) He's gorgeous. What's his name?

24. wolfi

wolfi New Member

Here is two of my cats

25. hiddennovelist

His name is Stripes--it's Joel's cat. And don't be fooled. He may not look like a douchebag, but if he doesn't like you....you're in trouble.

He doesn't like me. ;)