1. martial_wolf

martial_wolf New Member

changing perceptions in the main character

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by martial_wolf, Apr 23, 2011.

A little back story here. When my main character was twelve, his parents were killed by monsters. A monster hunter who has been tracking them finds the main character (spared due to his age) and gives him a choice, he can either stay there and wait for police or he can come and get revenge. For my purposes, he chooses revenge.

Pick up where the actual story starts. My main character is now nineteen and an accomplished hunter. But he gets cocky and is infected with the disease that will make him into one of the monsters. Now, after spending seven years fighting them, would it be even remotely possible for him to really become a part of a monster family? Or is it unbelievable?

2. dnsralg

dnsralg New Member

What are the monsters and is it just corruption that makes someone a monster? Is there a physical change? If so, I'm sure he would be welcomed into the monster race because he is and looks like one of them.

3. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Of course he can. Because now there's no way the monster hunters are going to let him live is there? I assume there is a code to be followed? So, if he's not the kind of hero to kill himself, beg to be killed, or to go off on his own and try to resist, he's going to need to become one for his own survival isn't he? You just have to make it work.

4. martial_wolf

martial_wolf New Member

Well, I was trying to get away with being a little vague for the sake of being mysterious soo...:D The monsters are actually werewolves. With a few personal embellishments of course.

The hunter that essentially raised him is the only other one that he is really aware of but this guy's really something to be scared of. A nice werewolf tooth necklace and everything.

My real concern is my character accepting being a part of the family because, well...the 'leader' or really the single father of one daughter (oh boy it's that obvious who the love interest is supposed to be now) has actually had a run in with the older hunter before and is going to be able to recognize my character as what he is pretty easily.

5. author97

author97 New Member

A few questions would have to be raised about the monsters themselves, but Im sure they'd welcome him if he looks and acts like them. If they're more humanoid in personality than anything else they might shun or try to kill him.