Tags:
  1. malaupp

malaupp Active Member

Suggestion Character Chat Room

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by malaupp, Apr 25, 2017.

I mentioned in another thread on the site that my character development technique was to create a fake chatroom for my characters to interact in. They each have usernames that reflect their personality. They can "talk" to each other at random. It's a great way to just figure out the characters in a fun and informal way.

When I was explaining this to someone else, they suggested making something on the site for it. Either a subforum or a stickied thread or something. That way people could bring some of their own characters if their struggling to develop them.

Of course there would need to be some disclaimer of "the thoughts/opinions of the characters do not necessarily reflect the thoughts/opinions of the writer" to keep real-world conflict to a minimum.

If its a forum, you could either allow each writer to have one per story or have large threads that are one per genre. Or let people make them at random, either way. Although it might be smarter to start with a single thread in another forum, to gauge site interest.

2. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Senior Member

That... sounds novel. But it's not worth making a whole subforum for (plus it would probably creep the heck out of newcomers). And that's all I have to say on the subject.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

rktho likes this.