Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Fervidor

Fervidor Senior Member

Ellen: That's an... interesting interpretation of what I said. I actually meant convenient in the sense that the mother wouldn't have to carry the kid around inside her for nine months.

Valyan: Anyway, last time people tried to breed artificial warriors we ended up with the Wild Folk. So, these days people are a bit wary of that sort of thing.

Susirane: Right! It's not like anyone is still doing secret super soldiers experiments or anything. Hehe...

Sram: Why do you keep nervously chuckling to yourself?

Susirane: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Valyan: I suppose you could always mass-produce golems if you needed a lot of troops quickly and cared more about quantity than quality, but I suppose that may be more expensive than growing people.

Raxa: I don't know about that. Golems don't need to eat, after all.

Valyan: What, food costs money?

Raxa: ...It scares me when you joke about your own character flaws.

Ellen: Well, technically I'm from a world without magic as well. Sort of. Turns out supernatural stuff may exist back on Earth, just not nearly enough for it to be noticeable.

2. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: How would that work? Magic beyond our realm? *She turns to her sister.* Ilsona, do you know of this?

Ilsona: I'm intelligent, not a witch.

Fosimah: Hm. Those after us would disagree. And what is all this talk of different planets? Are you stars? Are you deities?

Ilsona: I don't think this works the same way our universe does. This is a bridge, remember? The character chatroom! Stars might not be deities for them.

Fosimah: Are you suggesting that our religion is false?

Ilsona: No, only that it might be false for them.

Fosimah: An interesting proposition. I suppose, if this is a pocket between universes, that could be true. *To the group.* We do not have such advanced technology as you do. *To Kyris* How does your friend's bracelet work? How does it produce light without a fire?

3. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: I must ask, Kyris, why you told us to call you Kayel when this Davian is here. What significance does your name hold?

4. Fervidor

Fervidor Senior Member

Ellen: Do you want to explain it this time?

Alvis:
    Okay. So, I used to be Ellen, but she traded her name away to a witch. Then Sram gave me a new name, but that made me a different person because names are basically the same thing as identity, turns out. Then a magic mirror made a copy of me and the witch gave it Ellen's name, so now she's Ellen and I'm Alvis. We both have the same memories up to that point, though. Anyway, I'm the strong one and she's the smart one.

Alvis: The gods in our world are actually, you know, people. I mean, I've talked to a couple of them. They walk around and stuff.

Ellen: Atheism isn't really a thing over there.

Raxa:
    Honestly, that whole idea of invisible gods who won't talk to you still seems pretty strange to me.

5. Viserion

Viserion Senior Member

Elenxes: I might be a god.

6. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: In our world, the gods are not present, but most everyone believes. Elves have our gods, and the humans have theirs, and though we’ve no concrete evidence of their existence, many worshippers say they have felt their blessings.

Ayana: There are regional differences, of course. A Sovelkan like myself does not worship in the same way a Fraulian does, nor a Lethanian elf and a Tsakatoni elf. However, they are still the same gods.

7. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Matra: I must say, I'm a little jealous. While magic is wonderful, it seems that my world lacks all of these interesting little deviations that some of yours do. I wonder if there's a way to replicate the effects? Maybe introduce a new kind of spell...

*A very large, brawny man with a full suit of shining armor enters.*

Adra: Still looking for more tricks, Matra? I'd assumed after that business on the Constellations, you were done poking your nose into Nox's realm. Hello, everyone! I am Adra Deep, a holy paladin of Prete, the God of Protection. I am also the leader of the Platinum Hand, a group which I'm sure Matra has told you all about! You there-

Matra: Her name is Ayana.

Adra: Thank you. Ayana, I'm curious as to what you mean by different types of worship between regions. I know that different gods enjoy different worships, but I had never heard of the differences being regional. What kind of differences are there?

8. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Contributor Contributor

Kyris: *to Ellen* My mistake, sorry. And yes, that is convenient. It is also the reason I have a lot of brothers and sisters but not one of them have the same mother as me. *to all in her group* Seems to me as of there is more going on than some of you are aware of. But I will not pry.

*to Fosimah* First of all, he is most definately not my friend. If I could have avoided getting discovered by him and his pirate crew I asure you that I would have. But about his ”bracelet”... It is a communications device and on the Star Raider it also works as a key to the doors. I am not sure since I have not seen him do it, but it might also work like this... *He touches his glasses and the VR Screen and Keyboard appear. He touches his glasses again and the screen and keyboard disappear.*

*to Sapphire*
    Remember how he reacted when he found out one of you is a princess? I have to lie about who I really am because if he finds out that I am not thief but in fact a prince then he will lock me up and ransom me. Sure, he would most likely let me go once he got the money but there are individuals in his crew that I am not as sure will allow it to end that well. So it is not because of names themselves that I hide my true identity, it is to keep myself safe.

*to everyone* And regarding religion... In the Helios System that is mostly obsulete, with some exeptions. But it would take too long going over the case of every planet, so let us leave it at that. If any of you are believers or even gods yourselves, then I will not judge, though.

9. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katsumi: Well, traditions simply evolve over time, yes? So when evolving separately in different places, it is, frankly, inevitable that they will wind up with differences. Besides, our various gods represent different things. Do not ask what gods there are, our author has yet to figure that out. In any case, different kingdoms value different things as well. In Tsakato, where honor, duty, and respect are more important than anything, we venerate most of all the gods who represent those.

Ayana: On the other hand, Sovelkans value intelligence, wit, and creativity. Our most important gods are the ones related to those. It is quite simple, really.

Sapphire: The same goes for elves—though we tend to be elven first and of our kingdoms second, we are still greatly influenced by where we hail from, and it would be foolish to claim otherwise.

10. Gladiolus83

Kyris: It was the same on Gaea, once. And even if the differences have dwindled over the years there are still a few local traditions to be found. Changes are, I think, unavoidable. Often it is for the better. But not every tradition change. Even though they should... If things had been different, maybe... *Sadness fills his eyes. He sighs, shaking his head.* No. I do not have the luxury to indulge in what-if's right now... *He remembers there are others in the room.* Sorry. I just got thinking about a personal matter. Anyway, I do believe that for the most part changes are not only good but necessary. If we Gaeans had stuck to our old ways we would never have left our planet's soil and discovered the wonders that the vast sea of stars hold, for example.

11. LastMindToSanity

Adra: That makes sense. In our story, the gods are very real and still have a large influence in our cultures.

Matra: Because of that, our cultures really haven't changed much over the generations, if our history books are to be believed. Maybe if we didn't have them, we would also have made these advancements that you all have?

Adra: Of course, we wouldn't want to make the gods go away, right Matra?

Matra: Of course, of course. I'm not Relias, after all. Actually, I'd like to ask if some of your can demonstrate the magic from your stories? I'd love some inspiration for a new spell.

12. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: Well, that's...confusing.

Ilsona: What did they say after that? I wasn't really listening.

Fosimah: They say their gods are people, that they even speak to them.

Ilsona: Their gods speak to them?

Fosimah: It would seem so. In our world, deities are the stars, though they do not live in the heavens. The sky is simply a gateway between our world and theirs. After death, our souls float upwards and join them, or fall through the earth and into blackness, where they never stop falling.

Ilsona: I suppose we do eventually talk to our gods. There's so many of them, it might get hard to stay reverent around them after a few centuries.

Fosimah: Indeed. Did you know that some sects of our religion believe that we become gods after death, because, as each shooting star signifies a deity's fall from grace, each fallen deity becomes their own person? Very strange. If I were the goddess of time, would I not be able to influence it?

Ilsona: Well, not really. I think that's the point of fallen deities, you know. You become mortal, and lose all godly qualities.

Fosimah: Oh. Yes, you'd be right.

13. Gladiolus83

Kyris: I am not sure if the religion we Gaeans once practiced was correct or not. After all, all the planets in the Helios System had its own set of gods, in some cases even still have them, and that alone just seem too much for all of them to be real. To me at least. To mention a case were old faith still exists, the people of Cealus still believes the Sky Spirit guides them while on travel.

Kyris: I would love to see that as well. As a scholar I am always interested in discovering new knowledge. Unfortunately, I do not know what I can offer in exchange... Technology can seem like magic to less advanced cultures, but I doubt there is anything I can do that might have the same impression as magic to those of you that are present here.

14. Gladiolus83

Kyris: *to Katsumi* And may I discuss something with you, Princess Katsumi, as a fellow royal? It is my personal experiance that there are people that think that being a prince or a princess is nothing but fun and that you are able to do whatever you want whenever you want. In my case that could not be further from the truth... Have you had similar experiances? And sorry for sidetracking, Matra. If anyone still wishes to show their powers, I am still interested in seeing it too.

15. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katsumi: Indeed, being royalty certainly comes with its own set of complications. I suppose I am hardly in a position to complain, having seen now how the common folk live, but all the same, the fact remains that it is far from all fun and games.

Sapphire: Ah…where did Ayana go?

Nithara: Give her a moment. This is her demonstration of magic.

Sure enough, a few moments later, Ayana reappears out of thin air.

Ayana: Illusion magic. I can make you see, or not see, whatever I desire. I can also affect what you smell or hear, though that takes more practice than a traditional illusion.

16. Gladiolus83

Kyris: That was very interesting, Ayana. Thank you for sharing. And, Princess Katsumi, I have been aware of how commoners live since I was a kid. Maybe it is different in your world but in Gaea, it is believed that if the nobility does not know the struggles of the common folk, how can we be expected to lead and rule them. But even so... I guess that in most worlds life just isn't like in the fairytales.

*A man with pointed ears, dressed in military uniform, enters.*

Jefrye: Oh, I remember how much you loved to read those when we were kids.

Kyris: Jefrye? How did you--? I guess this means there is more than one connection between this place and our world.

Jefrye: When I heard about this place I thought you might be here so I had to come. Are you okay?

Kyris: All things considered, I am.

Jefrye: *to everyone* Hello. My name is Jefrye Claydell. I am Admiral of the peacekeeping Interplanetary Armada. I am also--

Kyris: My childhood friend.

Jefrye: And?

Kyris: *Sighs* Fine... I have no doubt you would tell them no matter how much I try to stop you, anyway... *He takes a deep breath.* He is also my ex-boyfriend. Emphasis on the ex.

Jefrye: Only because you have that notion about love and marriage being the same.

Kyris: I do not think it is the same, just... *sighs* Not the time nor the place to talk about this again, Jefrye...

Jefrye: As you wish.

Kyris: But it is a good thing you showed up. There was a request to show our skills. Magical one, actually, but I think yours might be acceptable.

Jefrye: You mean the elemental gun?

*Kyris nods. Jefrye takes out a handgun from a pocket on his leg. From a pocket on his arm, he takes out a red, a blue, and a yellow bullet. He loads the gun.*

Jefrye: What about targets?

*Three wooden poles appear. Jefrye just shrugs then aims. The first shot sends fire at the first pole. The second shot freezes the second pole. The third shot sends an electric current at the third pole. He puts the weapon away again*

Jefrye: There is also a laser-type bullet, but I think showing that might be overkill. There are guns that just focus on one type of use, but I prefer the versatility of this one.

17. LastMindToSanity

Matra: Interesting... We have something similar, but it looks like you use ammunition for your magic, instead of spells. That's not exactly what I'm looking for, but enlightening all the same. How are those made?

Adra: It might be infusion. Maybe Ellis knows something about that?

Matra: Mettle also has his rune magic, but I'm not too keen on talking to them. I'm not even sure where to find their crew nowadays.

Adra: Another question, if I may. Does having the versatility make your gun less powerful? Or is it a better model?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  18. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katsumi: Your ex…boyfriend? But you are…royalty. A prince. You are allowed to…?

Nithara: I’m curious about these…guns…of yours, Jefrye. I have never seen anything like it. What is it, exactly?

19. Gladiolus83

Kyris: *to Katsumi* Allowed what...? To be in a relationship? Of course, why would I not be? To be attracted to men? Technically, yes. However members of the nobility, and the royal family especially, are expected to still marry a person of the opposite gender and have children. You can then have as many concubines you want, regardless of their gender. This might sound strange coming from someone belonging to a culture like that, but personally I believe that marriage should be between two people who truly love one another.

Jefrye: Hence why he broke up with me when my engagement was officially announced. Despite there being no real reason to...

Kyris: There was! To me, anyway...

Jefrye: Moving on... *to Matra, Adra and Nithara* A gun is sort of an advanced crossbow since you shoot projetiles at your opponents. But we have advanced beyond mere lead projectiles in our world. I am not that familiar with the actual manufacturing process, but you basically just load it with ammunition, aim and pull the trigger. The bullets have chemicals and other compounds put into them and when those come in contact with air the wanted outcome happen. The type I use does have the disadvantedge that it needs to be reloaded more often than say a flamethrower or a laser gun, but it does have the same amount of destructive power and you don’t have to possibly carry more than one gun around.

20. LastMindToSanity

Adra: Really? Chemicals and a crossbow? It sounds so simple.

Matra: Yes, simple in theory, but probably very complicated in practice. If it's not magic, than it's not really worth pursuing, anyway.

Adra: Don't just write it off. Pel might be interested. *To Jefrye* Pel is our archer. He's very good, but compared to the rest of us, he seems quite ordinary. That might not be the right word, though. Standing on the same level as magic wielders, as well as my divine power, with only his skills and a longbow is very outstanding. Would you mind sharing the process to make the ammunition?

Matra: *To Kyris* You know, that sounds like quite a terrible experience you were put through. If you wish... *He pulls a card from his deck can holds it up.* I can make you forget about it.

Adra: Matra Foolheart! You swore to me that you didn't have memory magic!

21. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katsumi: The expectations for nobles in your world are not unlike the ones in mine, then. It is not the possibility of me loving another woman in itself that is wrong in my world. But as princess, and especially as sole heir to the throne of Tsakato, there are rules.

Sapphire: This is lovely, yes, but I’m almost certain Matra is using mental magic over there.

Nithara: What in the—what kind of sick land has that legalized?

22. Gladiolus83

Jefrye: *to Matra, his eyes wide* You can do that?!

Kyris: *shocked* Jefrye!! I... I cannot believe this! You really want me to forget about Mother?!

Jefrye: No! Of course not! Just...

Kyris: Just how she died. You do realize that one of the reasons I fell in love with you in the first place was you being there to comfort me back then, right? *to Matra* Thanks for the offer, but I will have to decline. Good or bad, without my memories I would not really be me. Two years ago I might have taken you up on it, but not now.

*A silence fills the room for a few moments, until...*

Jefrye: So... Adra, you wanted to know about how my bullets are made? As I said I do not know that much about that... I think you better handle that, Kyris.

Kyris: Okay... Although I am not sure if your world even has them or if they are called something else... *He activates the VR Screen and VR Keyboard, then starts typing fast as he talks.* Let’s see... For starters all bullets uses etemetium for the casting. It is melted, which requires a temperature of at least three sotaiun. It is then poured into molds to get the correct shape. The electric bullet simply is made by storing electricity inside it once it is hardened. The fire and freezing bullets each consist of three ingrediants that are kept separately inside the bullets by reinforced glas, only mixing together at the moment the weapon is fired. The fire one is made of three kherks of ash from the ektra tree, two kherks of quaadlikun and finally one waresch of gunisla. The freezing one is one kherk of karru, four waresches of telulucide, and two uyii of powdered skuphoa. Oh, you probably use a different measuring system, too. Anyway, the laser bullet is made by equal amounts of thyrosein and hililju, but also requires a krapo crystal to amplify and direkt the light. Well, there you have it. *He diaktivates the screen and keyboard again.*

Jefrye: Don’t feel bad if you didn’t even understand that. Not even I can keep up with all that science talk.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  23. LastMindToSanity

Adra: Matra... send yourself away right now. We'll talk about this later.

Matra: Yeah, I guess that was crossing a line, huh? *Throws seven cards on the ground. They circle around him.* Until next time! *He snaps his fingers and teleports away.*

Adra: ...

Yes, thank you for the explanation. While I didn't understand the specifics of what you said, I believe I got the gist. Is it simply a matter of making the components mix together at the moment of impact, then? I'm certain we could figure something like that out, if we can find out which ingredients mix with what to make fire and ice. As to whether Pel would even consider using it... well, that's another conversation entirely.

*To Nithara* Memory magic is illegal. Highly illegal, in fact. While the sentences vary depending on how it's used, Matra specifically has a high risk of a life sentence if he were to ever be caught using it. Being a member of the Platinum Hand, he has a degree of status, however small. That combined with his already strained relationship with the Council would likely cause them to deem him too much of a risk to let roam with such magic in his collection. Even if they took it from him, Matra would simply relearn the spell. It's no doubt he has several copies of his favorites stored away in secret. It seems that your group has also encountered something similar. May I ask what that is, since we all seem to be in a sharing mood today?

24. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: I am growing more and more grateful to live in a world without magic. They take away your memories? I cannot think of anything more horrifying.

Ilsona: Nor can I. How do you live in your world? Wouldn't magic break the economy, and those without magic be pushed to the ground?

Fosimah: I suppose it would be so. Is there prejudice in your worlds?

Ilsona: Please say yes. It would be so comforting to be around people with similar problems. That's why we're here, after all. Prejudice.

Fosimah: By "here" she means "on the run". I'm afraid our people are not welcome in our home country anymore.

Ilsona: *nodding* We've been run out. Thankfully, we found our way here and have been able to take a break.

Fosimah: Why don't we switch to a lighter topic? We should not waste this rest we've been given by worrying it away.

Ilsona: You're right. This magic of yours, how does it work? Where does it come from?

25. LastMindToSanity

Adra: We do have prejudices, I assure you, but I'm fine with switching the topic. Our magic came from Nox, the god of magic when he, by all accounts, appeared out of nowhere and introduced magic into the world. We did find out that he sealed away a different form of power when he did, but that's another topic. Most mages get their magic through study and practice, while others are born with the innate talent for it. Some can do a specific kind of magic or spell simply by becoming almost supernaturally proficient in a certain skill, like Ellis, who is a dollmaker whose dolls can become sentient. I, however, get my magic from my god, Prete, the god of protection. *He holds his sword up and it becomes engulfed in divine light.* This holy magic can be used to heal, or deal incredible damage. There are other uses, but those are the main ones. I can't really tell you how it works, I just know that it does.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021