Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Hukayzo: *Puts on the quiver, then nocks an arrow. She fires one at a pigeon and draws and fires another in a flash. Both shatter.*

2. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Without missing a beat, Ayana fires two arrows, shattering both pigeons.

Ayana: I would make a poor excuse for a Shanera if I could not hit multiple targets in a short time.

3. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Adra: Pel, I want you to show off for this one.

Pel: Very well. *Takes a minute to think. He grabs two arrows, one, made out of glass, notched in the bow, and one, made of metal, held facing backwards. The two pigeons fire, and he launches the glass arrow at less then full power, then immediately notches the metal arrow and shoots it at full power. The metal arrow shatters the glass arrow, sending shrapnel into both pigeons. They don't fully break, but are knocked off course.* Does those count as hits, if they don't immediately break?

4. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Hukayzo: ...I don't think so. Perhaps a half point would be suitable?

5. LastMindToSanity

Pel: Were we doing points? I thought it was just elimination... I'm fine with the loss, anyway. I did beat Six, after all. By the way, what's with the mask, anyway? It's not like any of us know who are under there.

Six: It's just in case other people from my story come here. On that note, if I stop talking all together, please act like I'm mute. It's for disguise reasons. Anyway, is there a prize for this contest, or did we just participate to shoot?

6. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Contributor Contributor

Jefrye: While that was impressive, Pel, I agree with Hukazyo. I've never heard of were altering the course count as a hit. Then again, I've never heard of anyone actually doing that, either... But moving on to the next round.

*The throwing machine fires three clay pigeons. Jefrye fires and hits them all.*

Jefrye: *To Six* Prizes never actually came up as far the inter-reality part goes... And I have no idea for one, either.

7. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Nithara: I don’t know why the rest of you are doing this contest, but I suspect my sister is participating purely to show off.

The machine fires three more pigeons. Ayana manages to shoot them all, but barely.

Ayana: (chuckles) You know me so well. By the way, once this is done, I must ask about the thing firing out these ceramics. I have never seen anything like it.

8. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Hukayzo: *Hukayzo grabs three arrows, and nocks one holding the other two close together. The machine fires three pigeons. In quick succession, she releases each arrow.*

Ilsona: *To Nithara.* That's a good point. *To Hukayzo.* Why are you doing it?

Hukayzo: I am an amazing archer. It is a joy to demonstrate it to others.

Fosimah: *To Ilsona.* You know, I am never sure whether she is very self-aware or completely oblivious of herself.

Ilsona: *Smiles a relieved smile with a glance at Fosimah.* Maybe both?

9. Gladiolus83

Jefrye: Round four, then... Well, let's see if I manage to break my personal record this time...

*Four clay pigeons go to the air, only three are shattered.*

Jefrye: Not this time either, huh? At four they go by too fast for me to get them all before it's too late.

10. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Ayana: My turn!

Four pigeons go into the air. Ayana fires four arrows, but only three manage to hit, the fourth clattering onto the ground.

Ayana: *curses in Sovelkan* Well, I tried. (To Nithara) Never tell Kala’rieth of this.

Nithara: I am sure she would understand. Even she must have missed before.

Ayana: Do you want to take that chance?

Nithara: …no.

11. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Hukayzo: *She frowns, and purses her lips. She takes four arrows from her quiver and shoots each. She misses the first one after she almost drops the other three arrows and manages to get one more arrow off that clips the last pigeon and knocks it off course, but doesn't shatter it.*

Ilsona: Aha! You're not invincible after all!

Hukayzo: ...So it would seem.

12. Gladiolus83

Jefrye: Guess that means a tie for first place. *to Ayana and Hukazyo* I'm fine with third place, but if you two want to make a second attempt at four and settle the score for first and second place, go right ahead. *He turns to Davian* Anyway, you struck out first. That means--

Davian: Yeah, I know. I--

*Light begins to shimmer and a transparent Kyris appears.*

Kyris: Don't bother...

*Jefrye's and Davian's clothes shimmer and the next second they both wearing dog costumes (Jefrye's is a German Shephard while Davian's is a Rottweiler). Kyris folds his arms.*

Kyris: As far as I'm concerned, you are both dogs!

*Jefrye attempt to speak, but all that comes out is barking. Davian then tries with the same outcome. Kyris can't suppress his laughter.*

Kyris: I gotta hand it to myself. That was a great idea.

13. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: Oh—you are back. In a sense. May I ask what you just did?

Ayana: I can stop at being tied for first place. And you, Hukayzo?

14. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Hukayzo: *To Ayana* Well-

Fosimah: Yes. She can stop there.

Ilsona: *whispers to Hukayzo* Curb your pride. It doesn't matter.

Fosimah: However, she still got first place, so...

Ilsona: ...Fine.

Fosimah: You sound strangely reluctant. You are one to talk about excessive pride.

Ilsona: Don't. This is hard enough as it is.

Fosimah: Hard to apologize to your twin sister for insulting her for wanting to be happy?

Ilsona: It's not that simple.

Fosimah: Whatever. Just do it.

Ilsona: Yes. I'm sorry. Your choices are your choices, however much I disagree with them.

15. Gladiolus83

Kyris: Oh, seems like those of you not used to it easily forget that the three of us are not real. We are holograms created by, well, the real me. It was difficult for him to be here in person since as long as the real Davian also was here he had to constantly think about what he said or did in order to keep his identity a secret. With us that problem is gone since our memories can be altered and we have no impact on what our originals know or don't know. That was actually what happened right now. The real me altered the programming on those two. They will get back to their previous setting... eventually.

*To everyone* In the meantime, why don't we all tell our favorite memories? Mine is when Mother read to me when I was little. *He chuckles* She was so relieved when I learned to read for myself. She was often hoarse because of how much I begged her to read to me before that.

16. LastMindToSanity

Pel: Don't tell Matra, but I believe my favorite memory was when my sister told me about how he helped clear her of her unearned debts, as well as take down the corrupt officials that were keeping her, and many other aspiring scholars, under their thumbs. I had been working to keep her head above water, and she was finally free of it all! She was so happy when she was telling me that story.

Six: I remember, one day, when we were still kids, that woman I mentioned earlier made a doll that looked just like me. She didn't think I noticed, so she went out of her way to explain it that night. Of course, I saw the similarities right away, and I don't think I've felt happier about anything in my life. She likes to make dolls, but that was the first time she made one that could fly. *She quickly turns so that no one can see her face, wipes her eyes, then turns back with the mask down.* I'm... sorry. It's just been so long since I've seen her, so I get a little choked up, sometimes.

17. Gladiolus83

Kyris: Don't be sorry. It's perfectly alright, Six. That just shows how much she means to you. *gets a sad expression on his face.* It has been fifteen years since Mother... passed away. Even now I too can get choked up. But as time passed I've come to remember the fun times I had with her a little more easily than her passing.

18. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: My favourite memory...as ironic as it is, it must be after everything fell apart for me. Our people have a festival, at the winter solstice. It's very important, as we can see the stars for the most amount of time and, as mentioned before, stars hold a certain significance for us. As it was, at the time, we were being held in a labour camp and weren't allowed to do anything but eat and work. However, the Gapag love their drink, and they also have a celebration on that day, so they fell asleep quick.

Ilsona: *nods* That freed us up to go behind their backs and we gathered at the centre of our makeshift town.

Fosimah: We couldn't go through all of the festivities, and we had to keep it very quiet, but...despite our circumstances, despite how many people had died, everyone came together, and we were happy. It was... *She blinks back tears.* Hope came back to us.

Ilsona: It was wonderful. My favourite memory would have to be the wedding, the one we were at right before we were taken away. Not the dancing, but the wedding itself-

Fosimah: If you are going to bring weddings into this again-

Ilsona: No, I was going to say that they looked so happy to be up there. You could tell they were in love.

Fosimah: ...

Hukayzo: ...Anyway, my favourite memory would have to be when we traveled through the capital. Even if we were being forcibly marched, all the beautiful buildings and the fancy clothes the locals wore...though to be fair, those locals all hated us. All those sympathetic to our plight had long since been...removed, shall we say.

19. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: My favorite memory…learning magic. Papa was a mage, like me, so he taught me most of what I know. Magic isn’t all that special, but when I did it with him, it was. And it made me feel powerful. (Chuckles) Hard not to, when you shoot fire out of your hands.

Katsumi: The New Year celebration, when I was seven. There were festivities throughout the entire kingdom—through all of Aelion, I suppose. Okāsan and Otōsan took me out of the castle grounds and into the city for the festival there. Even though we’re the royal family, our responsibilities were minimal that night, so for most of it, we just enjoyed ourselves. I don’t remember many specifics, because it has been so long, but I remember feeling…happy. Loved. It was just a few months before…the alliance.

Ayana: My first mission, when I was twelve. It was a minor one—someone was stealing coin from a baker, and she decided to enlist the Shanerani to find out who. That happens often—we may be the greatest spies in Lethania, but we’re also the only ones, so we get called on for a wide range of problems. Anyhow, I went invisible and caught the thief without much issue, but the point is, doing something real, that actually affected people, made me realize what being a Shanera was. And I decided I loved it.

Nithara: Before Ayana and I left for Fraulia, my mother gave me these daggers. (She unsheathes her daggers, which are ornate, with inscriptions in old Elven.) They’ve been passed down through her family as long as they’ve been Shanerani, which is at least several generations. They’re typically bestowed at age twenty, but she felt I had earned them early.

20. Gladiolus83

*The dog costumes shimmer, leaving both Jefrye and Davian in their regular clothes again.*

Jefrye: That’s a relief. So... Favorite memory... I guess mine isn’t a surprise. *He looks at Kyris* The moment Kyris told me that he was in love with me. I had already told him about my feelings a week before that, but hearing him say that he felt the same was so worth the wait.

Davian: I don’t really have a favorite memory. But I still think that leaving Gaea was the best choice I’ve ever made. The only thing I regretted for a long time afterwards was not bringing the person meaning the most to me along. I did ask, but... Its alright now, though. I have realized that it happened because the two of us never were meant to be.

21. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: Well, I have an idea. How about the rest of us share the best choice we have ever made? I think that could be interesting. Obviously, Davian, you would not have to answer.

Ilsona: I'll start. The best choice I've ever made...I don't know. Can I actually not start?

Hukayzo: Sure. I believe...my best choice would have to be continuing on with everyone else instead of giving in at the capital. Now that things have gotten worse...well, I hope that they're alright.

Ilsona: To be perfectly honest, I doubt they are. We're being hunted down, but at least we have places to hide, even if it's hard to get out of a series of islands. They have nowhere. They're stuck in the middle of the country, at the capital, no less.

Fosimah: Let us think positively. Even if they are being killed as we are, I would not say that they have nowhere to hide. They have more places to hide. They do not wear their veils anymore, so they are not easily identified. They can hide in plain sight, in the crowds.

Ilsona: That's fair.

Fosimah: For my best decision, I would say - *She glances at Ilsona* - it would be refusing to marry Ihuzo. It would have made both of us miserable. As it is, we work very well together. As friends.

Ilsona: ...

Hukayzo: Well. Anyways, Ilsona, have you thought of one yet?

Ilsona: Well, no, but I do think that accepting Ihuzo's marriage proposal would be the best decision you ever made if you did.

Hukayzo: Ilsona...

Ilsona: Alright, fine. But I still don't have one.

22. LastMindToSanity

*A glowing card appears in front of Adra. He grabs it, and his eyes glow for a second before the card vanishes.*

Adra: Pel, it's time to go.

Pel: We have another job, then?

Adra: Yes. Goodbye, everyone. We enjoyed ourselves!

*The two leave.*

Six: The best decision I've ever made? *Unsheathes her sword and holds it in front of her. The blade is made of solid gold, and it almost looks like it's drawing in some kind of wispy substance from Six.* I think it'd be having this made. This is a powerful weapon that can give even ordinary people the power to fight gods. Even though guns have rendered most weapons of this kind obsolete, this has proven to be a way better weapon than my handgun.

23. Gladiolus83

Kyris: This has been mentioned before, but my best decision was definitely breaking up with Jefrye. No matter how great our relationship had been, staying together after he and Tamira got married was just going to be too difficult.

Jefrye: Really? There are ways we could have made everything work out.

Kyris: In the eyes of adults, yes. But are everyone in our lives adults, Jefrye?

Jefrye: You are talking about Zaxary...

Kyris: Yes! Tell me, if your son were to walk in on us kissing, how would you explain that to him?

Jefrye: I... don't know...

Kyris: Thought so. There is a reason why marriage and concubine contracts very rarely are formed between individuals with even loose familial ties, be it by blood or by marriage. But what do you think is the best decision you have made?

Jefrye: In the past? Then I can't think of one. There is something very recent, however, that if it ends the way I hope, would definitely become the best decision I've ever made.

Kyris: Why do I get the feeling I won't like whatever it is you're thinking off...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  24. LastMindToSanity

Six: If you all don't mind, there's something I'm curious about. How did all of you meet each other?

25. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Ilsona: Yes, how did you all meet each other? How did your relationship become this, well...dramatic.

Hukayzo: Indeed. It's straight out of one of those novels Fosimah likes to read.

Fosimah: This is their life. I doubt they appreciate us turning it into a fun story. Though admittedly, I am slightly curious.