Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Contributor Contributor

Kyris: Well... Let's just start at the beginning, I think that will be easiest. Jefrye and I were both five years old when we first met. Jefrye's family has pretty much always been ranked high in the military and thus has close ties to mine, so it was kind of inevitable that we'd meet one day. Like all kids do we played together and had a lot of fun, we became very good friends. But then...

Jefrye: Friendship grew into love. It did feel weird at first since we had been friends for so long. But once we realized we both felt the same way, we just enjoyed seeing where this new path would take us. And I'm not only talking about intimacy here. Just spending time together, doing whatever, simply became something different from how it had been before. But of course, it was too good to last...

Kyris: You all know this part... He got married to Tamira, my youngest sister. She is six months older than I am, by the way. I broke up with him, for multiple reasons... Now, would I have done it f he had married a woman I'm not related to? *sighs* Yes, I would. It might have taken me a little longer to make the decision, that's true, but I still would have ended our relationship. Still, while I have moved on, Jefrye... hasn't. Even now he never misses an opportunity to try and convince me to change my mind and get back together with him.

Jefrye: Why would I give up? I love you. And honestly, I don't think that will ever change.

Kyris: *sighs* I know... *takes a deep breath.* So... This part I do not know much about... *looks at both Jefrye and Davian.* Have the two of you ever met? Back in our reality, I mean.

Jefrye: Not face to face.

Davian: Although one could say our spaceships have. I think the first time was not that far from Poseidon? How long ago was that now? Five years?

Jefrye: If I remember correctly, yes. You and your crew were attacking the ambassador. And you have been a thorn in my side ever since.

Davian: Likewise. *looks at Kyris* Guess that only leaves us now.

Kyris: Yeah... To once again take it from the beginning, Father sent me to Ares just a week ago. He said he wanted me to handle the peace treaty in his place since he is too busy dealing with Emelisa's wedding. Oh, Emelisa is another of my sisters. The peace treaty is nothing big, though. It has been peace for a very long time so it just needs to be renewed every ten years. Anyway, when I got there I found out Father had ulterior motives. I know, big shock... It turned out he had decided to marry me off. Luckily, Princess Rieke was as happy about it as I was, so we managed to get ourselves out of it. Still, on the way back home I talked to Father about how I felt regarding the whole thing. After that, I really needed to be all alone for a while so I took one of the escape pods and left. Turns out to have been a big mistake on my part...

Davian: My ship found him. Since he happened to overhear a few things he shouldn't have, I decided to have him stay with us for a while so that he couldn't warn anyone. However, the real me still believes he is a thief on the run named Kayel. *looks at Kyris again.* I must admit, cutting your own hair to disguise yourself as a commoner was a pretty clever move. Where did you hide your braid, by the way?

Kyris: *ignoring Davian* Well, there you have it all. As we speak, the real me is busy trying to escape before his real identity gets discovered. How that is going... I don't know. All three of us are just holograms, after all.

2. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Six: *To Ilsona's group* What about yourselves? Truth be told, my question was for all members of the room. If you have told us before, I think I forgot.

3. Gladiolus83

Kyris: *to Six* And you are also part of everyone here, Six. And as it happens, I actually am curious about this girl you are looking for. How did the two of you meet each other? Come to think of it, you have not said very much about her to begin with. What more can you tell us about her? You seemed... rather unwilling to let those guys from the Platinum Hand get close to her.

4. LastMindToSanity

Six: Well... I suppose it's only fair. Her name is Allison, and, when we were eight, Relias captured her in his bid to create gods that would govern our world. I had managed to rescue her two years later, but I lost track of her after.

I met Allison and Ellis four years after I was created. I was wandering around before that, but picked up on their energy after a while. I went to them, knowing Ellis was friends with the Platinum Hand, but mostly that she would take me in, even if she didn't know what I was.

The Platinum Hand cannot know about any of this! You see, I'm from their future. Relias used to be a member of the Hand, but eventually turned to evil after Matra's death. They can't know what happens to him, because it would break their hearts. Also, please don't tell them that I even know these things, either. To the Platinum Hand, I'm nothing more than an energy user with a mask.

As to more about Allison herself... *She smiles.* She's amazing, kind, sweet, and will look at you like you're the sun itself. She's the kind of person that you would do anything for, you know? Her Control is Life, which she uses to imbue life into her dolls, which can fly around and do her bidding. Her cooking's amazing, and she's a hard worker. If she asked me to destroy the world, it would be done within a week.

... I'm sorry. That was kind of a sad topic, I didn't mean for it to sound so bad. She's still alive, and so am I! She liked to say that life just had a way of working out, as long as you try your hardest. I try to keep that in mind.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  5. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: If we have, we seem to have also forgot.

Hukayzo: Yes, although I'm afraid the story isn't interesting at all.

Ilsona: Fosimah and I are twins, so...we've always known each other.

Fosimah: It's not exactly a long story. Hukayzo is also our cousin, though there is a little more to it. In our culture, extended families tend to live together in a compound, each unit of parents and children having their own smaller building for a bedroom and, among the rich, a living room, and a larger building for everyone else. The vast majority of people are farmers, so this set-up works very well. However, Hukayzo's family is a little..strange, so-

Hukayzo: My mother is horrible and I have never known my father. I am a bastard. It's not worth mincing words.

Fosimah: Er...well, you are mostly uncomfortable talking about such things.

Hukayzo: They are from an entirely different universe, are they not? I don't think them knowing about my troubled parentage will ever affect me.

Fosimah: Alright, then. Anyway, because of this, she didn't come to join us in our compound until we were all ten years old.

Ilsona: We weren't immediately friends. I resented her because she hadn't had to go through the massacre. I didn't get over it for three years.

Fosimah: The two of us hit it off immediately. I have very few friends now and even less back then, so having a close friend living in my home was wonderful.

Hukayzo: And she was the first friend my own age I had ever had. Her family is much more of a family to me than my mother.

Ilsona: C-created? Did I miss something?

6. Gladiolus83

Kyris: While we Gaeans don’t have extended families living together like you describe, we do gather several times a year for both family affairs and bigger events involving our entire planet. Needless to say, I haven’t attended those much the last five years...

Jefrye: *to Hukazyo* What is a bastard?

Kyris: *sighs* Honestly... It is a term used for a child whose parents are not married. Which mean that I am one too.

Jefrye: But your mother was...

Kyris: A concubine is still of lesser status than a wife. While children of concubines are deemed legimate among our people, there is still a difference. I might hold the title of Prince, but even if all my brothers were to die, the title of Emperor would never be mine. It would go to my cousin Erix. *to Hukazyo* Sound like you have issues with your mother that are similar to those I have with my father. I really wish he would just let me be. It is my life, it should be my choices to make and not his.

Kyris: Don’t worry, we won’t say a thing, I promise. The real me is desperately keeping his real identity hidden, so we understand your situation quite well.

Jefrye: This Allison, it is very clear that she means the world to you. Perhaps your feelings go even deeper than you realize yourself.

Davian: It sounded like the circumstances surrounding your... birth might be interesting. Care to tell us more about that? And when you say you are from their future, do you mean that in your reality time travel is possible?

*Kyris, appearing to be 20 years older than his hologram copy, leans against the doorframe.*

Holo-Kyris: Master?

Real Kyris: I think the case is like this: she found the way here, but since this place is outside time people from her past had found their way here too, all of them then arriving at the same point in this place’s internal time. No time travel involved. Anyway, now that I have the chance, I-- *A piece of the rim on his glasses begin to flash.* Excuse me a moment... *He brings two fingers to the spot.* Yes? *He listen for a few seconds.* Can it wait? *A big smile lights up his face.* Really? Okay, I’ll be with you in a minute, my love. *He removes his fingers from his glasses.* Too bad, but I have to leave again already. *He turns and disappears.*

*The three holograms just stare at each other, unsure what just happened.*

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  7. LastMindToSanity

Six: I know exactly how I feel, but, she deserves someone else. My hands have, uh, too much blood on them, you know?

Six: I wouldn't say "birth." Calling it a "creation" is far more accurate. *She unwraps her left hand, revealing a tattoo of a hand, exactly the same as the one Matra had.* I am the final member of the Platinum Hand, created to destroy Relias, who betrayed them, and restore honor to the Hand. Adra used his power to create a miracle to have Yara create me if Relias ever returned without anyone alive able to stop him. He gave me all of their memories, as well as the perfect combination of their personalities, in order to create the perfect weapon to destroy Relias. Although, I haven't been doing very well. *She re-wraps her hand.*

Six: While he was... odd, that older version of your friend is correct. There is no time travel, but it seems this room connects the future and the past.

8. LastMindToSanity

Six: Out of curiosity, are all of you the only main characters in your stories, or are there more that just haven't shown up yet?

9. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Ayana: Nithara and I have known each other since we were young, when the Shanerani took me in. (She smiles) I was scared and confused, but she took a liking to me immediately, and made me feel welcome.

Nithara: I was a tad scared of her, in all honesty. I knew little of humans—I believe she may have been the first one I ever saw, or at least among the first. But once I knew she wasn’t a threat, I figured I ought to talk to her, and the rest is history.

Sapphire: They met Katsumi and I when they came to Fraulia, on their mission. They posed as servants, so naturally I encountered them first, though I’m ashamed to admit I fell for their story without question.

Katsumi: At the moment, we are the only main characters. This may change, of course.

10. Gladiolus83

Holo-Kyris: Odd? Why are you calling him... me odd?

Holo-Jefrye: I'm not telling you what to do here, but maybe you should talk to her about this. Who knows, perhaps she doesn't think your hands are dirty at all.

Holo-Davian: Sounds like you are the last resort to me.

Holo-Kyris: That might very well be the case, but I think it is great. I have never really had a purpose in my life.

Holo-Jefrye: But you have. You are His Imperial Highness Prince--

Holo-Kyris: And just what exactly does that mean, Jefrye? What is expected of me? What can no one else but me in the whole Helios System do?

Holo-Jefrye: *He thinks for a moment, then sighs.* Okay, I see your point... *He then breaks into a smile.* Wait! You are the only one who can truly make me happy.

Holo-Kyris: Sweet. But not exactly what I was hoping for.

Holo-Kyris: *To Nithara* To be honest, I was scared too when I first met Davian and the others in his crew. Well, maybe not Meg, but... Anyway, it seems that the rumors about them might be exagerated.

Holo-Davian: *to Sapphire* Do not be ashamed. The real me is still buying the act Kyris' real self is putting on. He is a surprisingly good actor, actually.

Holo-Kyris: You'd be too if you had to deal with Father and the Imperial Court every day your whole life.

Holo-Kyris: Other than us three I guess there are members of Davian's pirate crew that might qualify... Our writer hasn't given them much thought yet. I guess we will see if any of them show up or not.

Holo-Jefrye: What about the members of my crew then?

Holo-Kyris: *sighs* That would really bring the number up to a total even we A.I couldn't keep track off...

11. LastMindToSanity

Six: If you don't mind elaborating, what are the Shanerani?

Six: Sorry, but he came in, then immediately left. In my head, that is a bit odd.

Six: You are... a far more hopeful person than I am. I do have a small amount of hope that that is the case, but I'm more than likely wrong.

12. Gladiolus83

Holo-Kyris: Didn't seem that odd that he left... He obviously talked to someone over the communication system, and something that person said made him decide to return to our reality. And even if that hadn't happened... He was obviously from our future. Maybe he would have left quickly anyway, to prevent us from finding out too much. Anyway, I'm more curious about who he talked to... That smile... The tone in his voice... He was obviously very happy. *He closes his eyes.* It's kinda nice knowing I will feel that way again, someday.

Holo-Jefrye: I would never say never. There was a time when I thought there was just no way Kyris would ever feel the same way I do, but once I managed to gather enough courage to tell him my feelings despite that, it turned out he did feel the same. *He looks at Holo-Kyris.* That is why I will never give up. I just know that no matter what he says right now there is a part of him that still loves me. He just needs to find it again, and then we can get back together.

Holo-Kyris: *sighs while shaking his head* Jefrye...

13. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: Well, I guess technically I am the main character, but there is also my sister and Hukayzo. There may be more. Our writer has not actually gotten that far in writing the story yet.
    Ilsona: At risk of sounding slightly rude, it sounds a little...deluded. Whether he wants to get back together is his decision, and you should accept that. I don't doubt that part of him still does love you, but based on the circumstances, it's not going to happen.

Fosimah: So, his decision and his opinion matter while mine do not? Why should I not also get a choice?

Ilsona: It's more complicated than that.

Fosimah: Is it? Is it more complicated than a simple choice between happiness and misery?

Ilsona: They're not choosing between happiness and misery, it seems like they're choosing between happiness and-

Hukayzo: Is it not possible for you two to stop arguing for a few minutes? This is getting tiring. Although, I must say, I do believe that Ilsona is in the wrong.

Ilsona: Oh, not you too!

Hukayzo: I thought my feelings were perfectly demonstrated by my requirement for you to apologize to Fosimah if I won.

Ilsona: Still...why-

Fosimah: Let us not trade two people arguing for two others. I am also tired of our constant arguments.

Ilsona: Really? Because you keep provoking them.

Fosimah: I demand respect. I will not back down from that just because I am tired.

14. Gladiolus83

Holo-Kyris: Oh, don’t worry, Ilsona, that are things he seriously need to hear, because he is more than just a little delusional. However, I agree with the others that Fosimah has the same right as me when it comes to deciding how she wants to live her life. But like her I also consider this subject closed.

Holo-Jefrye: Wait...

Holo-Kyris: No, we are not going to keep talking about that. And you need a very detailed examination. I know we have all their memories and emotions, but at the end of the day we are not them. We are holograms. You constantly trying to make me change my mind is just... pointless, isn’t it? Once we are not needed here we will simply get deleted anyway.

Holo-Jefrye: *he thinks for a minute, then just nods his head.*

15. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Nithara: Have we not already explained this? The Shanerani are a Lethanian organization of spies and assassins—we are much more the former than the latter, though.

16. Gladiolus83

Holo-Kyris: So, this might have sort of been talked about before a little, but... All of us here have a lot of things going on back in our own realities, right? But what do you guys do to just take your mind off all that and just relax? Because I think it is very important to do that if it is possible. Personally, I have a few things I do in moments like that. I have mentioned liking reading, but I also enjoy learning new things through studies or experiments. And of course, spending time with Tiny is always a great way to forget about the world for a little while.

Holo-Davian: Well, for me that would be playing the piano. I started learning how to play as a child because my mother insisted, but I rather enjoyed it and have kept doing it to this day.

Holo-Jefrye: That was a tough one... Most things that come to mind are the things Kyris and I did back when we still were together. We walked around the gardens of the palace and talked pretty much about whatever was on our minds that day. I might not always have understood what he was talking about, but seeing him get all excited over some discovery he had made was relaxing in its own way. The only thing I can think of that hasn't to do with Kyris would be spending time with my son.

17. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: Well, I typically like to sing. I'll get to be as alone as I can be, and just calm down by singing.

Ilsona: Yes, it's kind of her thing. I just wander and try not to think, or think about anything other than our situation. If I had the materials, I would make bracelets. It's long been a hobby of mine.

Hukayzo: I would shoot with my bow, but now I only have time to hunt. It still works, though. I will also go climbing, though only if I am alone.

Ilsona: *Sarcastically* Yes, doing something unladylike could really hurt your reputation.

18. Gladiolus83

Holo-Kyris: Singing? Would you mind sharing a little with us? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in hearing it. *He turns to Holo-Davian* In fact, why don't the two of you do a song together?

Holo-Davian: Not that I would mind doing it, but is it even possible? I seriously doubt there is a song we both know. And I am not good enough to play by ear, so me joining in on whatever song she sings isn't possible.

19. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: Well, luckily for us, I can pick up a tune very quickly. You can start.

20. Gladiolus83

Holo-Davian: Very well, then.

*He thinks for a few seconds. A piano and a stool appears. He takes his seat and after closing his eyes he starts to play.*

Note: it sounds along the lines of this:

21. LastMindToSanity

Six: I like to run on the rooftops of my city. It keeps my reflexes sharp, and I can be alone. *To Davian* That was a nice song. I didn't think a criminal would worry about learning to play an instrument.

22. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

*Fosimah listens through the first verse and chorus, then joins in. She ends with a small flourish.*
    Fosimah: That was a pretty song. Not one of my favourites, but pretty.

23. Gladiolus83

Holo-Davian: Thanks.

*Holo-Kyris claps his hands.*

Holo-Kyris: That was wonderful! Have either of you ever thought about doing it professionally?

Holo-Davian: Back when I was younger, I actually did. Father didn’t think performer was a acceptable career for a noble, however. I guess I could have gone that path after he disowned me, but at the time I was too busy figuring out how to make it on my own so the thought didn’t really cross my mind. And as you all can guess it is far too late now.

Holo-Davian: Thanks. Hmm... I guess now I wouldn’t, but as I said before, I learned how to play when I was still a kid. I was not born a pirate, you know. As to why I still play, well, I find it soothing. It brings me back to times when life was much simpler.

24. SNJade96

SNJade96 Senior Member

Fosimah: Oh, I would love to. Unfortunately, the majority of my people are farmers, and we are trapped in this life. If I had the opportunity, I would take it. Unlike Davian, I am young enough to turn things around.

25. Gladiolus83

Holo-Kyris: Good luck! I think that everyone who wants to should have the chance to follow their dreams.

Holo-Davian: To be honest, I don’t think my age would be the problem. I am just 35 years old. It is my criminal record that is the big issue. But I am fine with playing just because I enjoy doing it.