Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Contributor Contributor

Holo-Kyris: A thousand pardons, Miss. I most certainly did not intend to offend you in any way. I sincerely hope that you will forgive our misassumption. There are assuredly realities out there where technology is underdeveloped in comparison to our own and thus the concept of holograms is beyond the inhabitants' current comprehension. Jefrye and I merely explained ourselves as a precaution since it is nigh impossible to tell what someone knows upon meeting them. And that explanation was also directed at the two newcomers who arrived just before you did. *motions towards Nova and Lee.*

Holo-Jefrye: As for bringing you here... We didn't. We don't even know how. The way you came to this place seems slightly different from how we got here. Back when our real selves found this place they simply walked in here on their own two feet.

Holo-Davian: Not to mention they had knowledge of this place's existence. Thanks to acquaintances of theirs.

2. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Allison: Just because you act nice, that won't make me believe you.

*The half-finished doll flies back, followed by a fully finished one. It has long, blonde hair and is wearing a black dress with a white apron.*

Allison: Roll! How'd you get here? *The new doll, Roll, waves her arms around in front of Allison.* Are you sure? *She nods.* Okay.

*To the others* Okay, so... alternate realities and holograms. I guess you really were telling the truth, I'm sorry. You said you wanted to know more about my reality, right? Well, where I'm from, some people have the potential to gain super powers, called "Controls." We draw our power from the planet, itself, so we need a strong connection to Yara to be able to do so. Hmm.... I think that's the only interesting thing. *Roll nudges her.* Oh, right! There's this small scale war going on right now, between Relias and everyone else. I mean, the police and military tried to get involved, but they didn't last long. Relias can control shadows and is really powerful, so he's a bit too difficult for a normal person to try and stop. Relias had captured me and a bunch of other kids for a while so he could try and turn us into gods that would rule the world, but this girl, her name is Six, managed to break us out. I've been hiding since, about ten years after we escaped, Relias came back, so some of the escapees are standing up against him. I think that's actually it, this time.

*To Kyris* You said that you were trapped on a pirate ship, but they don't know who you are? Why would they keep you on board if they don't know that you have value, instead of just throwing you into the ocean and saving on food?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  3. Gladiolus83

Holo-Kyris: Your reality sounds very interesting and so different from ours. If superpowers do exist in ours then none of those able to use them have ever found their way to the Helios System. These Controls... You said some people have the potential to acquire them, but is it very difficult to master?

Holo-Jefrye: This Relias sounds quite troublesome indeed. I hope he can be stopped so that peace is restored to your reality.

Holo-Kyris: Regarding throwing me into the ocean... In order to do that they would have to land on a planet first. Our reality might now have magic or superpowers, but we are technologically advanced. We have ships that can travel to the other planets within our planetary system. As to why the pirates let me live... Well--

Holo-Davian: I think I'm better suited to answer that. *to Allison* It's like this, when we came upon his shuttle we were also aware of there being an Imperial ship in the area. I admit my curiosity might have gotten the better of me, but I ordered it to be brought on board. Kyris then heard members of my crew talking about our plans for a certain wedding. To make sure he won't blow the whistle on us, which he undoubtedly would if he could, I decided to have him stay with us until the job is done.

Holo-Kyris: Of course I would! The wedding you plan to ruin is my sister's!

*Suddenly Holo-Jefrye starts to shimmer and is replaced by a male member of their species, although this one has a shaved head.*

Holo-Luekas: That is just half the reason, and you know it, Captain. *to Allison* If you ask me, it isn't his brain talking when it comes to Kyris.

Holo-Davian:
    *to Allison* Allow me to introduce Luekas, my first-mate. He is a good man and an even better pirate, but sometimes he forgets to keep his mouth shut.

Holo-Luekas: Oh, I'm not keeping quiet about this! Someone has to make sure this mess you got us into doesn't end with all of us on deathrow!

4. LastMindToSanity

Allison: Controls aren't too difficult to master. At least, mine wasn't. I got the hang of giving life when I was around nine. Of course, that was because of Relias' training. I don't think I should complain too much, though, because of all of the good that came out of it! *Roll flies happily around Allison for a second.* I was told by mom that Controls are generally very difficult to learn to use, but that I was a prodigy. I mean, Six doesn't even have hers, yet, and she's the strongest person I know! I guess that's why Relias wanted me in the first place.

You can go to space in your reality? That sounds... nice. I've always liked the stars, but I don't know why. They've always just felt nostalgic. Mom said it was natural, just a little leftover from our ancestors, but Six always said there was a little more to it than that. I don't think either of them ever told me the full truth about anything... *Roll nudges her.* Ah, sorry about that.

*To Davian* Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I mean, what's a pirate to do if their plan's revealed before they even reach land?

*To Luekas, wide eyed* ... Do you have a Control, too? I thought that your reality didn't have super powers, but you just turned into a completely different person!

5. WritingInTheDark

WritingInTheDark Active Member

Cyrus: Giving life? Boy did I pick an interesting time to join this. What's that about? How far's it go? Can you bring back the dead?

6. LastMindToSanity

Allison: Oh, I'm not sure. I haven't tried to revive anyone, yet. I'm not too sure I'd want to; it sounds kind of creepy. I do know that I can heal people, and make plants grow really quickly, and even give my dolls life! *Rolls lands on her head.*

Hello, by the way! My name is Allison, what's yours?

7. WritingInTheDark

Cyrus: Cyrus Drake. Son of Michael and Cecilia Drake. Who you've probably never heard of where you come from. You might have heard of my grandfather though: Vlad Dracula.

Sorry for asking about the revival thing. Personal baggage, and probably more petty than you're thinking it is. We've got healers where I come from too, but they can't animate dolls as far as I know. Might be able to grow plants though. Never thought to ask.

8. BRG

BRG Member

Julia: Here it is guys!!!

Bright: So, this is this chatroom you have been talking about, Julia?

Autumn: Can I eat them?

Julia: What? NO

Cherry: Hello, they call me Cherry!!!!!!!

Julia: Good start, Cherry. Look they seem to be talking about magic! Maybe they can teach us something useful for class!

Whi: Wait. I need a paper to take notes on their species way of communication.

9. WritingInTheDark

Cyrus: Real quick, before we start, and I can't believe I didn't ask this sooner: none of you got your magic from making a pact with a demon, did you? Cuz, uh... I talk about magic, but I mean just more generally violating the laws of physics. "Spells" Are really only a thing for witches, warlocks and wizards, and the first two, well... see above. Demon pact and all.

10. BRG

BRG Member

Julia: I'm... 85% convinced they aren't demons but I did make a contract with a fairy nicknamed The Headmaster for my magic.

Bright: Ah, but in some versions of our people's origin we are demons.

Julia: I know but that's not the version I want to believe!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  11. WritingInTheDark

Cyrus: Good enough for me, I guess? I mean in fairness not all witches and warlocks are evil. Just most of them. All of them are permanent servants to demons who demand tribute, but while demons' grasp of empathy is... iffy, at best, technically they're all just extremely old and bored and want to be entertained. There's this one coven whose demon just really likes music, and another in Nevada that... actually, I'm not sure how old everyone is here, so maybe I shouldn't finish that sentence. Moving on... I mean, I'm technically magical, but fat lot of good it does me. My dad's a vampire and my mom's a lycan. You'd think that'd be awesome, but vampires are born human and don't become undead until they die. And... unfortunately, my body got that memo. I was born human, and I have no idea if I'll ever actually become immortal like my parents when I die because it's not just vampire genes in there.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  12. LastMindToSanity

Allison: You don't have to worry, it's not magic and there's no demons. Our powers come from our world, Yara, and can only be obtained through having a connection with an aspect of the world.

*To Cyrus* Are there not any other vampire/lycan children that died before?

*To Cherry* Hello, I'm Allison! *Bows a little so that Roll is closer to eye level.* And this is Roll!

13. Gladiolus83

Holo-Kyris: *to Allison* Well... He doesn't. What happened was--

*The real Kyris walks in. He taps the rim of his glasses and a VR screen and a VR keyboard appear in front of him. He types away at a fast pace and the three holograms shimmer out of existence. Text then goes by fast on his screen as he reads up on the latest events.*

Kyris: *to everyone * I guess this will require explanations. First of all, greetings, everyone. My name is Kyris and I am a prince of Gaea, the third planet in the Helios System. I am sure none of you have ever heard of it like I will not have heard about your worlds. I am a scholar as well as royalty so I am very interested in learning all I can about you and your worlds. In exchange, I promise to tell you as much as I can about myself and my own world. Now, the holograms were my way to keep learning from this place while still keeping my real identity hidden from the pirates in the company of whom I have found myself trapped. As for why I have come back here in person... Well, the hologram worked as planned, but things did not go as well over in my world. I fear the pirates did learn of my real identity before I could escape and at the moment they are in negotiations with my father, the Emperor, regarding my ransom.

*Kyris taps his glasses again and the screen and keyboard disappears as Davian walks in, followed by Luekas.*

Davian: Don't worry. As soon as your father pays you will be on your way back home, Your Highness. *to everyone* Hello. I am Davian, Captain of the Star Raider and Luekas here is my first-.mate.

Kyris: *to Allison* Oh, regarding the one person becoming another... That was due to limitations in the technology that made the holograms. Think of it like one person leaving a room and another different person then comes in shortly after. And regarding your ability, I find that very interesting. With our technology, we can actually do similar things, like the holograms I sent here in my place. So is there anything more you can do besides giving life to objects and speed up the growth of plants? Oh, and I agree that bringing the dead back to life is creepy.

*to Cyrus* You have no reason to fear us making pacts with demons. Our world has no magic or superpowers. Only technology. But I guess that can seem like magic to those from a world with less advanced technology than ours. What are vampires and lycans? Species from your world, I assume? But what are the specific traits they have? The undead part does sound a little unsettling, to be honest. As I said to Allison, it is creepy to think about. I mean no offence, I promise!

*to Julia's group* You are students? Fellow scholars, perhaps? And you are taught magic? That sounds like a place I would love to see! But why does one of you want to eat us? I would also like to hear more about this origin of your people that you mentioned. Why were your ancestors thought of as demons?

14. BRG

BRG Member

Cherry: *To Allison and Roll* A doll! Can I try dresses on her?! Can I try them on you?!

Julia: *To Kyris* Fairies are a little... weird. They have problems understanding how other beings think or feel. They're not evil, just odd. As the first human student of the Academy in centuries, I spent my first day avoiding death.

Autumn: We already said sorry for that, what else do you want?

Whi: *To Cyrus and Kyris* A hybrid and a being from another planet... if I dissect them... I could make a great project...

Bright: *To Kyris* Regarding your questions, yes, we are students learning magic at the Scholomance Academy, one of the many schools used to pass the knowledge of our kin.

There are various stories about our creation. Some of them say we are demons of human religions that escaped from hell. Others that we are angels that lost their way to heaven. And yet others say that we are descended from their old gods, from what mankind calls mythology. But my favorite is-

Autumn: Why don't you tell them our true names while you're at it, Bright? For all we know they could be enemies.

Bright:...Pardon my friend's rudeness.

15. Gladiolus83

Davian: *to Whi* Whoah, there! Nobody is willing to pay for damaged goods. However, if you'd offer more money than the Emperor is willing to pay, we might be able to make a deal.

Kyris: *stares at Davian in shock, then shakes his head before turning to Julia* So aside from you the rest of your group is called fairies? How different is that from a human? Gaea is not the only inhabited planet in the Helios System, but none of the species are close when it comes to appearance and genetics. And I can understand how you felt. I am still uneasy about what is going to happen... In retrospect, leaving the Nightingale after that argument I had with Father was a really bad idea. At the moment I just wanted to be alone and think for a few minutes. And then the pirates showed up...

*to Bright* So no one knows for sure? That is pretty common, though. At the start of a species history there hardly are detailed recordings left behind. Those that exist might even not be interpretable to distant future generations. I am curious about this favorite version of yours. I assume it is the one you personally think is the preferable one? And you have no reason to make excuses for your friend's manners. It is quite okay. The pirates are not the best of company either.

*to Autumn* I am not your enemy, I assure you. *glances at Davian and Luekas.* I can not vouch for these... gentlemen, though.

Davian: Oh, if they don't bother us, we won't bother them. Besides, the ransom we will get for you is more than enough for the time being.

Luekas: I still don't like it, Captain. Now that the Emperor knows we have his son, the Attack Dog is going to be at our heels every inch of the way.

Davian: We have handled him before. We can do it again.

Kyris: *to all in student group* If you allow me to ask, what can your magic actually do? Are there any limitations to its use? Julia mentioned being the first human in centuries to study at the school, but how common is magic among fairies?

16. WritingInTheDark

Cyrus: Not that I know of, and even if there were it wouldn't matter. Hybrids don't mix the same way twice. You don't just get all the traits of each, you get a sort of improvised metaphorical mix your magical genes come up with on their own. Which also means that if and when I do get my powers, I won't even have anyone to teach me about them.

Cyrus: Wow, either they don't exist in your world or they're way, way better at hiding than they are in mine. Most humans here don't know they exist, but they still have myths about them. Or what they think are myths anyway.

Still don't know why we have to hide. Apparently it's because of some guys called the veilkeepers, but I have to take Mom and Dad's word on that because apparently my brain just... can't acknowledge them in anything but concept. Humans could look right at them and not notice. Their job is to keep us a secret, and... they really don't like it when immortals get caught. Do pretty drastic things to make the humans forget again.

...Mom and Dad say I've had immortal friends who were caught. I... don't remember the first thing about them anymore.

...Where was I...? Oh. Right. Vampires and lycans. Vampires are undead, which just means their bodies are kept alive by magic and they don't have a heartbeat or metabolism or a need to breathe. They get that magic by drinking human blood. Thanks to the veilkeepers it's hard to ask permission for that, so they usually just use their mind control eyes to make it so humans don't remember. Dad feels that means they have a duty to protect the community to make up for it. "They sustain us, so we must sustain them". I agree, and so does the clan, but... there are plenty of vampires who don't. Oh yeah, and the sun weakens them, and with the lower blood grade vampires it can just kill them instantly.

Lycans can turn into huge wolf monsters whenever the sun or moon is out. Humans call them werewolves, but that's actually just what you call the male ones. The girls are wifwolves. Apparently a lot of people find them hard to live with. The super hearing is a big part. Apparently people are used to having more privacy than living around lycans allows. I live in this town where everyone's in on the secret, and around here you don't say anything you wouldn't say to someone's face. But with lycans that generally just means they say more stuff to people's faces. They're not big on the whole privacy thing in general. Very laid back and cavalier about a lot of stuff in ways others apparently find... creepy or inappropriate. But lycans really don't sweat the small stuff, and thank goodness for that. Because if lycans got angry as often as humans do, uh... it would be a huge mess. When lycans get mad... they get maaaaaad.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  17. Gladiolus83

Kyris: *To Cyrus* Thank you. That was very educational. Too bad you don't know more about these veilkeepers. It sounds like there could be interesting knowledge to be gained there. And I don't think vampires or lycans exist in our world. If they are genetically different from humans then I think they would have been discovered by now given our level of technology. On the other hand, we Gaeans are not human either. *motions at his blue skin and long elven ears* As you clearly can see. We do share a trait with lycans, though. We also have very sensitive hearing. But thick walls are the norm since ages past so there are ways to keep secrets and have privacy. If you want to, that is.

Luekas: *to Cyrus* You mentioned there being differing opinions among vampires. How common is it for that to come to blows? Internal strife hasn't really existed on Gaea or any of the planets in the Helios System for... *he starts thinking.*

Kyris: Almost 2000 years. Not since the Interplanetary Alliance was formed. There have been minor occurrences now and then, however. But those happened mostly on Ares.

18. WritingInTheDark

Cyrus:
    Wow, you guys can go to space? My planet barely managed to get to the moon on the day I was born. Dad says it's only a matter of time until cameras and computers and phones get good enough that we won't be able to hide anymore, and... well we're not sure what's gonna happen then.

Yeah, uh... peace kinda isn't an option for us. Immortals live in small secret communities that govern themselves. All the veilkeepers care about is us not getting caught. Beyond that they don't stop anything else, no matter how horrible. Which unfortunately means that it's up to the immortals to keep other immortals from abusing their powers. And you can't really run a good police force under the nose of the normal one. It gets bloody. Territory disputes, clan warfare... a lot of immortals joke that "immortals" have a lower average life expectancy than humans.

...Come to think of it, that actually might not be a joke.

19. Gladiolus83

Kyris: Given the fact that space travel was made possible 1000 years before the Interplanetary Alliance came to be, I guess we are so used to it that it hardly is anything special anymore.

Davian: But looking at the vast sea of stars I definitely can see what drew our ancestors' attention and made them attempt to leave Gaea and explore what is out there. Sadly we have yet to develop the means to go outside our own planetary system. Who knows what is there to find.

Kyris: I assume you are talking about profits to be made, but I can see your point. It is exciting thinking about what new knowledge is waiting there to be discovered. That's why I like this place. I have learned a lot since I first came upon it. *to Cyrus* Who knows? Maybe the star we call Helios is known to you by another name? *to everyone else* Or what if it is known to any of you...? Who knows if maybe all of your worlds are among those distant stars I have gazed upon my entire life? Quite an interesting possibility, is it not? *to Cyrus* Anyway, it is sad that peace is unattainable to you. But I guess that is just the way it is for some species. Take the Aresians for example. Their species have existed for as long as we Gaeans, but they are still as war hungry as they have always been. Is there any chance for the situation to change for your people and for peace to come to you? Maybe not tomorrow or the next maybe even hundreds of years but perhaps some distant future day?

20. WritingInTheDark

Cyrus: *to Kyris* ...I think the Greeks called the sun Helios...

Oh man, peace. Yeah, maybe eventually. Hell, I might even live long enough to see it if my MANA cooperates. But it'll be rough. Getting open trust with humans is gonna be difficult, because you can't really expect humans to trust people who can control their minds and change their memories. Way too many immortals can do that, so the vampires in my town have to sweep the town's whole human population for brainwashing weekly just to make sure nobody's abusing their power, and even then the humans just have to take it on faith that we aren't a massive conspiracy covering for each other. I don't think that would work on a planetwide scale.

Some immortals say the solution is to just "let nature run its course", and that if humans need our help to survive as equals then they shouldn't be our equals. That immortals should just be the ones ruling the world. I don't have a clue what the right answer is, except that that isn't it.

Then of course there are entire species of immortal that literally live on a diet of human flesh, so obviously they'll have to go before we can have open peace with humans. Some immortals just can't survive without killing people in some way, and even though that's not their fault, they're not welcome in Drake Clan territory. ...Makes me wonder sometimes what I'd do if that turns out to be what I'm like if I become an immortal.

...How long do you guys live in the future, anyway? My dad's over 500, my mom's something like 400, and I've got two half-siblings (well, three; we don't talk about Frederick) who... well let's say I've got a great-great-grand-niece who's my age. Me, I'm 21, and I'm getting closer to the point where I'll stop growing up and start growing old. If it turns out I'm undead, I'll be stuck looking however I looked before I died, and I'd be lying if I said the mental image of being old and wrinkly forever didn't bother me sometimes.

21. Gladiolus83

Kyris: It sure sounds like it is going to be a big task to achieve peace. But the future is above all uncertain. You never know. But I see the chances for us being from your future being rather minimal. *he activates his VR computer by tapping the rim of his glasses. He types and holographic photos are projected before him. They are obviously art from different eras and all depict humanoid with blue skin and long ears* It is pretty clear our species have looked this way for a very long time. And we have found no traces of any other civilization on Gaea than ours. As for our species life span, that is about 150 years. Some have reached 200, but that is rare. *he deactivates the computer the same way he started it up.*

22. LastMindToSanity

Allison: *She whispers to her half-finished doll, who flies off, before turning back to the group.*

Oh, I'm sorry, but maybe not with Roll. *Rolls shakes her head.* I sent the other one away to get some more dolls, though!

As far as I know, I can only heal people and give life. I'm sorry I can't tell you any more, I'm just not too smart about Controls.

*She looks slightly horrified.* How can you say something like that? You two seemed like friends just a couple of minutes ago...

Oh, I'm sorry for assuming. I've always had someone telling me how to improve, so I can't relate.

I think that would be nice. I'd certainly like to meet you, if that's true! *Picks Roll up off of her head.* Do you want to go to space, some day? *She shakes her head, and Allison giggles.* Yeah, I think I just like looking at the stars, too.

... Say, have any of you seen any other Controllers in here? I can feel traces of someone else's energy. A couple others, actually.

23. Gladiolus83

Davian: Doesn't matter. Business is business. The plan might be to return him home once his father pays what we demand, but if someone were to offer more money then of course the plan change. You always go for the most profit.

Luekas: Actually, I was surprised too, Captain. You do like him, after all. Even after finding out he pulled the wool over our eyes, you still fancy him. Don't try and deny it. I have known you too long for that.

Davian: *looks away* As if that would change anything...

Kyris: *gets a sad expression in his eyes for a second*

Kyris: Now that you mention it, yes I have. Wait, you said your name is Allison? And you mentioned Six... She was here right before you arrived, actually. She was searching for you. *looks around* Where did she go, by the way?

24. WritingInTheDark

Cyrus: Nah, easy enough mistake to make. It's weird, my parents have actually taught me a lot about what being an immortal is going to be like, just in case. But it's a bunch of general stuff. Stuff I might need to know, or stuff that'll be useful no matter what I become, because they don't know what I'll become. I can swordfight, wrestle, hunt, make up excuses on the spot (that's a big one), oh, and I've been fluent in Wolftongue since I was a baby. That's the language lycans use in wolf form, when they can't make all the sounds a human can.

Baskerville: Woof!

Cyrus: ...And it lets me talk to my dog Bas here too. He's a hybrid too. A deer woman in my town likes to breed monster dogs with normal dogs. They're smart enough to speak Wolftongue. This guy's part Black Shuck.

Baskerville: (Indecipherable sounds)

Cyrus: No, buddy, I don't know how we got here in front of this screen. Nothing for it but to wait for someone to show up. Or for me to wake up I guess.

25. Gladiolus83

Kyris: You have a dog too?! Hi there, Bas. My, what a cute one you are. I have a friend you might like to meet. *he whistles and soon a dog of a breed very similar to a dachshund comes running in, barking happily.* This is my dog, Tiny. Tiny, this is Bas.

*Tiny goes over to Bas wagging his tail as he barks happily.*