Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Shiro: Ah, I always forget about how it looks from the other side. I suppose the enforcers of another domain would also seem like enemies to us. You are under the rule of invaders, then? Would you be willing to tell me of the groups that try to resist them, Miss Sapphire?

2. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: Yes. My kingdom, Sylannor, has been occupied for decades by Fraulia. They are saralni. Humans. And under their rule, elves have been reduced to second-class citizens in our own land. Our own home. (Her eyes burn with hatred) People fight back, but what can we do? Everyone in power is Fraulian, and they punish us far more harshly than they ever would one of their own. And the punishments can be…brutal. (She shudders)

3. LastMindToSanity

Shiro: Well, history would suggest that a martyr would be the best bet. You need someone who represents both sides, and that a majority of the common people on both sides support. Then, they have to die fighting for the cause. The people will cry out and fight back en masse. Not perfect or foolproof, but effective, nonetheless. Alternatively, you could always negotiate. Is there anything that your people have access to that the Fraulians don't?

4. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: Someone who represents both sides? What, like a half-elf? You can find them under the radar, with sawed-off horns and docked ears so they can pass for human. Being elven is bad enough, but being half-elven? There are folk on both sides who hate you then, and you are never enough for either of them. Folks die at the hands of Fraulian rule all the time. Hasn’t changed anything yet. It has been decades—anything Sylannor ever had that Fraulia did not, Fraulia has it by now.

5. Simon Price

Simon Price Active Member

Keaton: Ryan was... traveling with Akilah, Derek and Taylor? And he was my age? (turns to his companions) But you didn't look older, did you? And we're not old enough that the healing factor would keep us from looking different five years from now. What the hell is going on...?

Derek: ...Hey, I think I've heard of this. Comics use the concept a lot. It's called the "multiverse" or something. Billions of trillions of worlds, some so different you can't even comprehend it, some of them completely identical except for the ripple effect of a single different coin toss in 1922. Maybe your parents named their first child Ryan in one, and...

(He turns to look at the blue-skinned, long-eared people they've been talking to)

Derek: And... some other crazy shit happened in another.

Keaton: I uh... guess we don't need to introduce ourselves? Except, apparently... me. I'm Keaton. Keaton Reed. I'm not sure why "Ryan" was on a journey, but... we're on a journey to find Ryan and bring him home. He's my little brother, if I didn't make that clear. I'm not sure what happened to him. All I know is that he wandered into an untested square, and... suddenly he was somewhere else. He thankfully has a power that lets him broadcast what direction he's in to anyone he wants, which turned out to be me. But... shortly after he did that... something happened to him in whatever square he wound up in. He's unresponsive. He's still conscious, but... he can't move, or talk, or do anything at all. As for why I know that... See, I have the power to tap into the senses of the people I touch. I can see whatever they see, hear whatever they hear, feel whatever they feel, or any combination of those things, and I can broadcast any or all of my own senses too. So... I'm basically the leader-slash-mission control of the group.

6. ItzAmber

ItzAmber test

Thorn: I have horns and people usually think I'm a demon. But that's not true I'm-

Rebecca: He's a half-elf and half-demon. Our "used to be mayor" tried to kill him. And that's how we met him, by saving him-

Thorn: And I'm grateful for that.

7. ItzAmber

ItzAmber test

Amber: Why would they sawed off their ears? Sounds like it hurts.

8. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Nithara: Oh! You are elven, then? Well, it’s a pleasure to see one of our people here—or, well, half of our people, I suppose. Lasan, nalethin.
    Sapphire: Of course it hurts. But most half-elves have an opportunity full elves don’t. They can try to pass for human. And in Sylannor, that is worth the pain. Besides, it’s not as if that is the only time ears are docked or horns are cut off.

9. LastMindToSanity

Shiro: Amber, I have been curious about something. You can use magic to turn food into a living creature. That is quite a feat in itself, usually reserved for minor deities and above, yet you use it so easily. How far can your magic go? Could a human -er - living creature, rival the power of a god with strong enough magic?

10. ItzAmber

ItzAmber test

Amber: The most complex magic we have is potions and teleportation without an device. I don't think we use it to rival the power of a god with strong magic, we only use it for making things easier or for fun or for research but if you are selfish or evil then maybe you could have strong magic to rival a god. It happens last time but the evil person got in jail and the god is still alive right now. Do you have magic like ours like potions and teleportation or time travel and transfiguration (turning something into something else)?

11. LastMindToSanity

Shiro: I'm afraid time travel and teleportation are far beyond the scope of our magic. Although, there was a clever sorcerer who used potions, spells, and a healthy amount of trickery to steal a god's status, as well as his land, for himself. I believe that our magic may be getting stronger as more sorcerers push the boundaries further that expected. Magic is a derivative of godly powers made possible through their very existences, and I fear that humans are making it more their own as the ages go by. There's even a new class of humans known as "magicians" who have made it their lineage's goal to push magic to god-like potential. They're aided by that divine thief I mentioned earlier, who seems to share their goal. I fear there are dark times ahead for the divine.

Could you tell me more of that villain and the god? I'm quite interested.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  12. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katsumi: Nothing good can come of mortals attempting to play at being gods. There are some things magic cannot do, and the gods made it this way for a reason. The ability to do some things would unravel society as we know it.

Nithara: Which would also be why there are laws in place regulating magic, in our world. Some things, while possible, should not be done.

13. WritingInTheDark

WritingInTheDark Active Member

Skylar: Hellooooooo? Anyone here? Where the hell is this place...? It looks like people were here a while ago, but now... *sigh*. Just my luck. ...Well... might as well make the best of things while I'm here... guess I'll look around a bit.

Vanna Heller likes this.
  14. melanincreation

melanincreation New Member

hey does anyone know how to write good dialogue? i need some tips and feedback on some dialogue i wrote.

15. Aerostorm

Aerostorm New Member

Orion: Wh- no, I should be dead. I shouldn't be here! Become a dragon, become a dragon...

16. WritingInTheDark

(Skylar looks at Orion with a resigned expression on her face and pinches the bridge of her nose with a sigh)
    Skylar: ...Alright. I'll bite. What's your story?

17. ItzAmber

ItzAmber test

Amber: Uh hey--never thought anyone would come back to this place. *looks around the area* Oh wow, I forgot what's it like here...had it been months? ...Well, I'm Amber. What's yours?

18. WritingInTheDark

Skylar: ...I'm, uh... not sure there's much point in telling you that. ...Seeing as you're going to forget everything I tell you 60 seconds after you look away from me. I, uh... "have a condition", shall we say. ...What is this place?

19. ItzAmber

ItzAmber test

Amber: Well that hurt. I won't complain though, I'm a bit forgetful.

Amber: I believe it's a place where many people meet. I'm not sure how it works though, in my past encounters here I met people from different worlds. ...It looks like a teleporter that teleports people from different timelines and worlds to this place? Anyways...how did you get here?

20. WritingInTheDark

Skylar: ...No, I mean it's literally, physically impossible. Nobody can remember me. I'm uh... well I haven't picked a name for it yet, but... let's say I'm the start of a new mutant species of human. I... why am I even telling you this? Like I said, you won't remember.

Skylar: I'm not sure. I just kinda woke up here. Last thing I remember is going to sleep in my apartment after a pretty nasty job, and then... boom. This place. ...What about you?

21. ItzAmber

ItzAmber test

Amber: ..Uh, okay, sounds like you're an alien since mutant species just sound..alien. But does that mean you don't have any friends?

Amber: Well, I got here by going to this creepy cool library back home and-.. I must've pulled out a book that triggers the whole bookshelf to turn and let me to here--I know how to get back just through another bookshelf. But...I don't think I could trust bookshelves again. Definately not.

22. WritingInTheDark

Skylar: Think more "vampires and werewolves" than aliens. But uh... I do have friends... they're just... online. You only forget about me when you see, hear or touch me, so... I can go online and type on a keyboard and nobody forgets the words I typed. I work as an, uh... "intelligence operative", let's say, and my boss has never seen me in person. We haven't even talked over the phone. My voice doesn't register or something. And if you see a video or picture of me, your brain can't process that I'm in it, or anything that only makes sense if I'm in it, like clothes I'm wearing or things I'm carrying.

(Deep breath)

Skylar: ...So yeah... I do have friends. They just... don't... really know me.

23. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Contributor Contributor

*A door slides open as Skylar talks. Two men standing in the doorway overhears her.*

Haruka: Wow, and I thought I had it difficult! *to Skylar* Sorry that you have so much trouble.

Hayate: *looking around as they walk further in, the door disappearing behind them* What is this place? We were heading for the art room, and this clearly isn’t it. *looks at Haruka* You seem quite calm about this strange event.

Haruka: Well, if you had suddenly found yourself waking up in a distant magical world and not know if you can ever get home, I think you would too.

Hayate: You have a point there.

Haruka: *to everyone* Hello, hope anyone doesn't mind us dropping in like this. I'm Mamoru Haruka and this here is Hayate Uta. Who might all of you be?

24. WritingInTheDark

Skylar: ...I suppose there's not much sense in avoiding the introduction now, is there? Not when I've already done 90% of it. My name's Skylar. I'm from Seattle, and I have no idea where this is.

25. Vanna Heller

Vanna Heller Banned

Lorenzo: Hello to you as well. To the three of you, I'm Lorenzo, and that's all I care to share at the moment. But would anyone like to be a pal and tell a lad where the hell is this place? I have no recollection of where I am and how I got here.

Jaxx: *punches his shoulder playfully* Don't be so rude, Lor. *to Haruka, Hayate, and Skylar* Hi there! I'm Jaxxelle, and this obviously is Lorenzo. *gestures to him* I was thinking the same thing, Where are we? I mean I'm all for meeting new people and exploring different places, but this is just low-key strange... We kinda just wandered and are lost.