Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Khriza: I see you are after the manner of the Rishnaran's kind. A
    The Rishnaran: Carry princess off to your lair... If you think about it, it's kind of perverted.

2. Arcadeus

Arcadeus Senior Member

Hank opens the door with Hope on his shoulders.

Hope- Onward Captain Meat! For adventure and glory. Wait, watch the... *Thud*
    Hank grunts in amusement.
    Hank- You must be this short to enter the building.

They depart the room without so much as a hello. Though a hello would be difficult for the unconscious Hope... and Hank's not the most sociable person. On second thought, their sudden departure upon entry is for the better.

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Amos Garnier: I am completely lost as to what's going on here....

4. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Alec: I know! Isn't that the best? Getting so many people talking about so much different stuff with each other?

5. Link the Writer

Amos Garnier: <sighs> “Well, if it works. So what was that thudding sound I just heard? Someone named Captain Meat get in here?”

6. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

Jason: "And then he promptly left again after knocking his friend unconscious on the door frame I was not aware we had. That is one of the strangest encounters I've had. By the way, hello new person and other person who I met once and never bothered to introduce himself to me. I'm Jason the jester son. This is my friend Shiloh. I mean my girlfriend Shiloh."

Shiloh: "Hi."

7. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Vanna: Hallo, Amos! I'm Vanna. Don't worry about them, we get all sorts of people here.

8. Link the Writer

Amos Garnier: Hello, Vanna. <bows politely> I hope you're having a good time here.

Mishu Jerni: Jason and Shiloh, hmm? So are you two jesters for a royal court or something?

Helen Chert: <standing next to Mishu> Jesters aren't really a thing anymore where I'm front. The future. It's the year 2241 AD for us. I'm from the Scottish Republic.

<Kenthew Rennald enters the room. He's of the horned feline race. He stalks to Amos>

Kenthew Rennald: BOO!!

Amos Garnier: JESUS CHRIST! <seizes cane and swings it wildly toward Kenthew, clipping him on the tip of his horn>

Kenthew Rennald: <laughs>

Mishu Jerni: <smirks> Classic Kenthew.

9. MusingWordsmith

Shiloh (now a bird-lady): "Absolutely not! Jason used to be a traveling jester, but stopped just about when he met me. I have not and never will be anything of the sort."

Jason (now a catguy): -watches Kenthew in fascination, laughing with him after he startles Amos- "Hello! You're Kenthew? I'm Jason! May I ask what your race name is?"

10. rktho

The Rishnaran: My, but your rishnarin makes a lot of drastic changes, doesn't she?

11. MusingWordsmith

Jason: "Tell me about it! She's so indecisive! It's so annoying. The only thing that has ever stayed consistent for me has been my dad dying! Couldn't it have been something nice?! Like being human at least?! But no! No everything has always got to change all the time! I hate it!"

rktho likes this.
  12. Link the Writer

Kenthew Rennald: "I'm a Devonian. My people hail from the tundra lands of Devonia. We've a rich cultural history that rivals our human neighbors. Each tribe is ruled by an individual chief united under one Grand Council."

Amos Garnier: <seething> "I'm just a French kid living near Boston. Nothing special, though I do have the tendency to finding myself in sticky situations where I'm solving other people's problems."

Mishu Jerni: <to Amos> "You told me you were kidnapped and sent to a plantation!"

Amos Garnier: "No, I was kidnapped, but I escaped and wound up in a plantation. I may as well be the world's jester."

Kenthew Rennald: "You and Mishu ought to make a club." (To Jason) "What are your people? Where are they from?"

Amos Garnier: <laughs suddenly> "Yeah, I can only imagine what the name would be."

Mishu Jerni: "The Club of Blind Kids who Find Themselves Doing Dangerous Things?"

Amos Garnier: "Good idea. And...where's Helen? Is she here?"

Helen Chert: <kneels down in front of Amos, puts her hands on his shoulders> "I do dangerous things all the time, but I'm not blind."

13. MusingWordsmith

Jason:
    "I'm an Apumet! We're from Milveria. I, er, don't actually know a lot about my people's history. I was raised by a human, you see. We don't have a government of our own, tend to just accept whoever is ruling the area's way of doing things."

Shiloh: "How bout 'The Club of Kids Who Should Know Better'? Jason could join then."

Jason: "Hey! Okay, actually that's pretty accurate."

14. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Alec: My friends and I are human. Amy and I are from Redneck, West Virginia.

Charlie: Does that narrow it down more than I think it does?

Amy: There's some pretty big cities, but Alec never saw them, and I only saw them when I was a teenager with PTSD and no home. Wasn't really looking for high culture at that point. Though I did get a good look at the getting-high culture, does that count?

Alec: Hey, you guys think maybe we should head back to the Bar?

Amy: I don't think we should do anything. Do you want to go back to the -

Charlie: Bye.

15. EstherMayRose

Vanna: I'm a witch, but I only found that out last summer. My dad's a very famous wizard, but my mum's a human. Most witches and wizards have one parent of each. I'm from Earth. Kashmir to be precise. It's 1935 where I am, so I'm with the British invader-types. I grew up in various parts of Britain, and now I go to school in Nottinghamshire.

Jasmine: What does "getting high" mean?

Vanna: Never mind.

16. MusingWordsmith

Shiloh: "I've never seen a big city either. I've spent all the time I can remember in this Kahnae-forsaken pit. Seeing a city might be nice."

Jason: "Last time I was in a city I ended up in jail. It wasn't pleasant."

17. rktho

Ginzaekh: That happened to me too. What's going on?
    The Rishnaran: My central character has made an appearance.

18. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Good afternoon. I'm Vanna, and I might be the only character save the Rishnaran who's been here the whole time. I'm a fifteen-year-old witch and I go to St. Edith's Academy. What about you?

19. rktho

Ginzaekh: The Rishnaran's here? Where?

20. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Oh. I apologise. I forgot that you see him differently from us.

EMR's re-reading the book that inspired me, so I'm looking forward to a good airing.

21. rktho

Ginzaekh: What? Why are you apologizing? What are you talking about? [looks around the room] Who are you?

22. EstherMayRose

Vanna: This is a place for characters like you - as opposed to beings like the Rishnaran, who's managed to circumvent the rules - to congregate and have a bit of a chat. I've seen all sorts come and go - we started up a bar a while ago, for the characters who wanted to drink and swear and talk about sex. I'm only fifteen, though, which I think is thirty in your timing, and my book's for teenagers, so I don't really go in for that. Who are you? What do you do all day?

23. rktho

Ginzaekh: Um, hello. My name's Ginzaekh, and usually I hunt with my friends, Ash and Gazi. When I'm not doing that, I help out at my mom's butcher shop.

24. MusingWordsmith

Jason: "I'm Jason and this is my girlfriend Shiloh. Don't be too confused, there's a lot of strange happenings in this place. One minute I was human, like Vanna there, and the next I was like this."

25. rktho

Ginzaekh: You're a human? I thought you were a daktar, like my cousin Dav's always talking about.