Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Not Ready to Say

Not Ready to Say Active Member

Arin Hellant: Headmistress, these questions are posed to you.

One: I don't know about Dragenese schools, but the greatest wizards and magicians have graduated from my academy. The archways Karash mentions are most likely doors, these dragons sound very similar to the human race. Vanna, is it, no need, I am more lax with my students, though this particular professor usually needs some motivation to actually work.

Arin Hellant: A lightning bolt is not motivation... Azulorn, interesting, sounds like someone sneezed while saying forlorn. Why would you wear a exercising tunic to a magic academy, unless you're a sorcerer, and judging by your physique and lack of scars on your arm, I can tell that you're not.

2. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Vanna: Gym tunics are standard school uniform in our world. They started being worn around the 1920s, and disappeared at some point during the 1960s. It's 1935 where I am. Although blouses and ties were still worn in the early 21st century, where I grew up, but stockings and brown shoes have long since been replaced with socks and black shoes.

Sorry. I'm such a huge fan of school stories written around that time - that's why I was so happy to come here, instead of the school Mum had originally put me in for. Turns out I'd have been safer at that school, but oh well.

Going back to the uniforms thing, though, our winter Games kit is pretty similar, only without the blazers. I hate putting it on: it means an hour of lacrosse in the pouring rain, the freezing cold, or both.

In our world, St. Edith's is the best school for witches. The point is that witches and human girls can interact without developing prejudices. Witches and wizards are expected to complete an ordinary education - Maths, art, Science, etc - before beginning to study magic. My favourite subject is music.

3. Not Ready to Say

Arin Hellant: Well then, that's interesting. In my world, magic users and normal humans are separated for education, but that is only to keep the normal people safe. If normal humans went to the Academy, they most likely wouldn't live for long.

One: Hmm, maybe I should enact such expectations, most students who come to the Academy have had prior education, but not all of them and the education isn't advanced enough.

Arin Hellant: Good luck with that, I doubt the Academy's financiers will be happy to have to pay for more teachers.

One: Maybe we don't need to hire another teacher, Hellant, you were taught by the king's former high tutor, were you not?

Arin Hellant: No... I'll just leave then, if you need to find, well good luck trying. Arin's attempt at a portal was cut short by a burst of light from One's staff. His attempt to run through the door was frozen, as was he. His body suspended in the air, One slowly locked his feet and arms onto a chair.

4. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Well, that's one way of doing things.

Phyllis: Wow! Was that...magic?

Pip: Don't be silly, Phyllis, magic isn't real.

Vanna: Hallo, kids! Back again? [To One] They're from her other book, where magic isn't a part of the plot.

Jasmine: That WAS magic! Ooh, Bonnie, can you believe it!

Bonnie: Och, after last summer, I'll believe anything. Who knew we were best friends with TWO witches?

Vanna: Who knew I was a witch?

Ophelia: Everyone except you, apparently.

5. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Karash: "Like" doors? [chuckles] The headmistress seems to think we dragons have never heard of proper doors before. Ah, magic schools. Would for those days again, when they existed. But they died out with the Shazarian Order. Now there are hardly enough of us to warrant a school.
    Ginzaekh: What are talking about? Magic schools? Shazarians?
    Karash: You have no idea, dear boy, that magic is entirely real and that wizards have been in hiding for many years, ever since the time of Khriza. There used to be schools of magic in every land, in the monasteries where wizards would live and study. But But after the war, it was decided the Shazarians remove themselves from history. We were the only ones left at that point; the non-Khrizan wizards had been hunted down and destroyed by the Kenshi. That is why the only wizard in Sharanghar is me.
    Ginzaekh: You're both wizards?
    Digdit: Oh no, my boy, just Karash here. I'm just an... well, errand boy of sorts. I don't feel inclined to join their order and learn magic.

6. EstherMayRose

Vanna: That's amazing!

7. rktho

Ginzaekh: Yeah... I didn't think... Wait, you're joking, aren't you.
    Karash: No, I'm not.
    Ginzaekh: Show me some magic
    The Rishnaran: Later.
    Karash: Maybe some other time.
    Ginzaekh: Right.

8. Not Ready to Say

Arin Hellant stands up, rubbing his wrists: That is what you would call magic if you want to. She has a policy against using magic on students, but doesn't seem to care when it comes to me. That's a lot of complicated stuff Karash, do you have a book it's written down in perhaps? Phyllis, yes that was magic, though you probably won't see much in your world. Too be honest, I really must go headmistress, I had other plans for today.

One: You think I care, you summoned me here, you'll stay here until I want to leave. Or do you want a better taste of my magic?

9. rktho

Karash: Ah... somewhere. Hold on. Ah, here we are. The original Khagra. The true one. Here.
    Ginzaekh: What do you mean, the true one?
    Karash: When wizards went into hiding, the Khagra was rewritten. Some things in it were changed to hide magic's role in the events.

10. EstherMayRose

Vanna: It's all gone very quiet. Did no-one else want to hear about the Khagra?

11. rktho

The Rishnaran: I know, right?

12. EstherMayRose

Vanna: I just didn't have anything to say. I didn't want to say "That's amazing!" twice in a row.

13. Not Ready to Say

Arin Hellant: Sorry, my attention has been split between two dimensions, I might space out occasionally, if you see a part of me disappear... Just don't try to touch me. The Khagra? I have no idea what that is, please explain.

One: This might actually peak my interest.

rktho likes this.
  14. EstherMayRose

Vanna: It's part of dragon lore isn't it? Is it written about the Rishnaran, as the human Bible is about God?

15. rktho

The Rishnaran: It's "pique". Honestly.

16. rktho

The Rishnaran: Yes it is. And like the Bible it covers important history. But it's not a holy text by any means, though it is full of prophecies. I seek no worshippers.

17. EstherMayRose

Vanna: I can respect that. My views on religion are kind of different to my friends'. You don't get many atheists in the 1930s.

18. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Helen Chert: "I'm Jewish." <smiles sweetly>

19. rktho

The Rishnaran: Good for you. I'm Christian.

20. Not Ready to Say

Arin Hellant: Good for you, I believe in the all powerful being of magic that formed our world from nothingness and looks over us today.

One: If you don't know, he is half of that powerful being, I am the other half.

21. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Everyone's so special. I'm just your average, run-of-the-mill untrained witch.

22. rktho

The Rishnaran: I sense this realm is dying.

23. EstherMayRose

Vanna: I think everyone's just busy. That, or we need a new topic. What do you do every day, Ginzaekh?

24. rktho

Ginzaekh: Hunt with my friends Ash and Gazi. I have to catch game for my mom's butcher shop, so they help out. It's a good time. When I'm not doing that I help around the shop, and when I'm not doing that I hang out with Ash and Gazi doing things other than hunting. What about you?

25. EstherMayRose

Vanna: I'm a musician. Although, I'm still at school, so most of my time is spent in lessons. My favourite subject is, of course, music, but I also like history - I like it even more now I know that my dad is a time-travelling wizard! I also like art, because my favourite mistress teaches it. Miss Juniper is essentially all the glamour of the 1930s in one person. She's just so...shimmery. I also do lots of societies, like the orchestra and the choir, and the drama soc. and film soc. But most of all, I love playing my electric guitar and singing. People just do so much at St. Edith's. It's simply topping! Say - Elsie - why don't you tell us a bit about you?

Elsie: Fine. I don't see Vanna except here - I'm from Esther's other book. I go to Willowdown School, and I've just finished my first term there, and the school's first term in existence. What else - I was born in 1897, and I'm 14. I like reading. My favourite book is Little Women, because I wish I had three sisters. All I have is brothers - four of them. My father is the village vicar, and my mother's always so busy organising tea parties and things. They're both very religious, so they named us all after people in the Bible. My brothers are called Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. When I'm not reading, I like playing with my dog, Vina, and chatting with my friend, Cecilia.

Vanna: You have a dog? I have a kitten called Emerald. What breed is she?

Elsie: She's an Irish wolfhound, but she's only a puppy. Hopefully she'll be able to put her paws on my shoulders when she's grown up.

Vanna: Whoa...