Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: Wait, we should go to the bar if we want to swear?

Cara: ...we're underage, Jade. We can't go to a bar.

Isabel: Yeah, but I don't think our filthy mouths belong here.

Cara: Speak for yourselves. I have only the purest mouth.

Isabel: *laughs*

Jade: *laughs*

Isabel: Cara, you are not pure.

Cara: Well, I'm more so than you guys!

Jade: *shrugs* That's fair. And I guess you are a bit of a cinnamon roll, but...not when it comes to language.

Cara: Alright. But I don't think we should go to the bar; the other character set's making their way over.

Isabel: Nope. Not going there. Let's just censor ourselves.

Jade: Yeah, let's not get anywhere near those two characters. They irritate me.

*Isabel and Cara nod in agreement*

rktho likes this.
  2. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Vanna: Which two characters? Jack and his girlfriend? Do stay, I think the Rishnaran and I have exhausted most topics of conversation.

3. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: What? No, no, the characters from the other story.

Cara: They're actually not much older than us, but they come from a different time period and I think drinking laws then aren't quite what they are now.

Isabel: We're not leaving, but I can't promise we'll provide many interesting conversation topics.

4. EstherMayRose

Vanna: That's alright. Tell us about your lives. I've missed the 21st century. Not enough to want to head back, but I do. When are the other characters from?

5. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Cara: It's some kind of medieval fantasy thing. Kinda steampunk-ish, I guess. Like the society in that mediocre sequel to Avatar.

Jade: Yeah, what she said. Except for that stuff about Avatar because I didn't watch the sequel. I didn't even fully watch the original.

Cara: Anyways, as far as our lives go...nothing special. Average 21st century stuff.

Jade: Except for the very end. That's not an average thing to go through.

Cara: ...let's not talk about that.

6. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

(Sorry for double-posting)

*two girls walk in*

Sapphire: They rejected us because our author is 12.

Kathryn: It was really annoying.

Jade: You have GOT to be kidding me.

Kathryn: …aaaand the other ones are here.

Cara: Don't be like that, we were here first!

Sapphire: Okay, but that doesn't mean we have to like it. I don't like you guys. Kathryn…she's too pure to really dislike anyone, but she'd rather we weren't all together.

Isabel: Believe me, your feeling is mutual.

Kathryn: Well, we're here now, so I guess we should just make the best of it. Somehow.

7. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Well, the bar was created for adults. It's nice to meet you, I'm Vanna. Who are you, and what's your book about? I'm told it's a bit like Avatar, but I've never seen it.

rktho likes this.
  8. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Mishu Jerni: “What’s an ‘Avatar’? Is it like some sort of leader? A religious sage, perhaps? Cool, can I meet her? Or...him, if it’s a guy?”

9. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: …she used the Korra comparison, didn't she?

Cara: Maybe…

Kathryn: You ridiculous child. Our world is nothing like that Korra thing.

Cara: You're three years older than me! And it's got some similarities!

Sapphire: Alright, fine, so we've got some, quote unquote, 'steampunk' tech, and it's also by author standards somewhat of a medieval fantasy-type thing, but it's nothing like the show about the arrogant girl with 4 types of bending. Like, who the hell were they kidding? You can't have more than one! And waterbenders can't bend plants!

Kathryn: Calm down, Sapph. They didn't know how badly they were messing it up. Anyways, I guess we've got the whole bending thing going on, but for the record, it is magic and anyone who says otherwise is crazy. And our book…kinda difficult to explain.

Sapphire: The book? Nope, nope, nope. Not going there. Not about to open old wounds. *she turns around and walks in the opposite direction*

10. Not Ready to Say

Not Ready to Say Active Member

Hellant: They seem interesting, don't they, I saw one of them use magic in the bar, but I can't read them that well, it's all blurry and disjointed, I can't see anything.

Aura: Maybe you've finally met another psychic.

Hellant: I think it's because we're in this place, can't read the others well either. But they used new magic, but I didn't get a good look. Can you show me again?

11. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Kathryn: Our magic? Yeah, sure. *she forms a miniscule wind "tornado" in one hand* Hey, Sapph?

Sapphire: Yeah?

Kathryn: This guy wants to see our magic. Something about reading us. *she gets rid of the "tornado"*

Sapphire: *walks back over* Okay, sure. *opening her water bottle, she pulls out the water, moving it through the air before directing it back into the bottle* That sufficient? Because I don't like using a lot of magic if it's not necessary.

12. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: …they forgot us, didn't they.

Isabel: Yeah, we can't do magic or talk about medieval stuff so we're not cool enough.

Cara: …how about those flash cards?

Jade: Sure. *they rummage through their bag before finding a stack of index cards and a pencil* Time for some hardcore studying.

Isabel: Cara, why are you dating someone who calls studying hardcore?

Cara: Because they can help me with that hardcore studying. *beat* And because I love them, obviously.

Jade: *overemotional* Oh, I'm touched! *laughs*

13. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

*awkward silence*

Sapphire: Well...hopefully that was enough to read us.

Kathryn: Hey...can we ask you guys a question?

Jade: Fire away.

*Sapphire flinches, and Kathryn takes her hand*

Kathryn: *whispers* It's okay, Sapph. They were just using an expression. *she raises her voice* Anyways, I wasn't talking to you guys; you've already answered, but I wanted to get an answer from someone we didn't know.

Jade: Okay. *to Sapphire* Sorry.

Sapphire: Don't worry about it.

Kathryn: In any case, what's the 21st century's policy on...romance between the same sex? For example, two girls in love?

(Sorry for triple-posting, but nothing was going to happen otherwise.)

14. EstherMayRose

Jasmine: Two girls? Two GIRLS?! But...but you can't...two girls can't...

Vanna: Jasmine, they asked for the 21st century's policy, not the 1930s'. It's fine. There's nothing wrong with it.

Jasmine: But I thought...

Vanna: Times changed, Jasmine. We can't stigmatise people for something they can't control. Why do you ask?

15. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: *looks down* …no reason…

Kathryn: It's okay, Sapph. The girl was talking about the policy from the 1930s. It's fine in the 21st century.

Sapphire: Yeah, but she was so against it…

Kathryn: Regardless, she can't hurt us here. *looks back at them* It's because we'd prefer that nobody else has to run to an entirely different province with only their powers and each other to aid them, simply because they want to be together and they can't do that where they come from.

16. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Don't mind Jasmine. I grew up in the 21st century, so I lived in a much more open society. Jasmine has always lived here, so she's much more closed-minded. It's not so much that she's against it, but more that it's just never occurred to her before. She wasn't there when we walked in on two girls in one of the upper forms!

Jasmine: So you two...

Vanna: Two of the other girls, too.

Jasmine: You two are...in love? But you're both girls? How does that work?

Vanna: Jasmine...

17. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Kathryn: It's just…look, I've liked a guy before, and it's like that. It's love, only with a female instead of a male. If you've never felt love before, then I can't really explain it.

Sapphire: Wait, there are other girls dating here?

Cara: *deadpan* Bring me to them.

Jade: Yes. I want to meet any and every gay person here.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  18. Link the Writer

Mishu Jerni: <flinches> "Jeez, all of you calm down. I was just asking a question!" <shakes head> "Tough crowd..."

Amos Garnier: "As far as love goes...eh, well I'm not sure if I'm...into anyone? I do have a crush, though."

Mishu Jerni: :3 "Do tell!"

Amos Garnier: "And risk you telling everyone? No thanks."

Mishu Jerni: "Well I've a crush on my two best friends -- Ameiu and Jelena."

Amos Garnier: "Well, that'll end well for you, I'm sure."

Captain Helen Chert: "I'm not interested in a romantic relationship, but my sister is married to an Irish woman named Samantha."

Kevin McKinley: "Same. Uh, about the relationship thing. I'm not dating anyone."

Mishu Jerni: "Hmm...y'think it's because our author doesn't have a lover?"

Kevin McKinley: <grabs her shoulders> "Please don't give him a reason to kill us off, girl! I'm beggin' ya!"

19. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: Authors don't need a reason to kill ya off. They just do it because they think it works. Take it from me. Not only do I love writing, but I'm dead before our story even begins.

Cara: Alright, let's not talk about that. Also, most of our story takes place when you're alive, so that's not really a fair assessment. But seriously, let's not talk about that. I love you too much.

Jade: *shrugs* Don't worry about me. Pretty sure once we die, we just go into our author's mind as a memory for future reference. I wouldn't be surprised if there's someplace all the dead characters can hang out.

Sapphire: *visibly brightens* Hey, if that's true, can you do me a favor?

Jade: I mean, it depends on what the favor is.

Sapphire: *whispers something into Jade's ear*

Jade: Sure, I can do that. Shouldn't be a problem.

Sapphire: Thanks so much!

Jade: Not a problem.

Cara: In any case, where's the other gay couple? I think all of us want to meet 'em.

20. Link the Writer

Lindsey Chert: <appears> "Hey! I'm here!"

Samantha Morrison: "Linds! You didn't say we'd be meeting characters from other people's works!"

Mishu Jerni: <laughs> "Oh, you'll love it here."

21. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Cara: Oh hey, more people!

Jade: Alright, time for introductions. I'm Jade. This is my girlfriend, Cara.

Isabel: And I'm Isabel, Cara's sister.

Sapphire: *looks down*

Jade: Isabel. Ix-nay on the isters-say.

Isabel: ...oops.

Cara: Anyways, I'm sorry to say we're not all that interesting. Just a couple of 21st century kids who aren't interested in being polite or heterosexual.

Isabel: What she said.

Jade: Yeah, that's pretty much it. Those two, on the other hand... *gestures over to Sapphire and Kathryn*

Sapphire: ...f**k, they volunteered us.

Kathryn: Alright, then. What do we need to tell them?

Sapphire: Just the basics, I'm pretty sure. Nothing personal.

Kathryn: Okay, we can do that. *clears throat* I'm Kathryn, I'm 17, and Sapphire and I are from what you would call medieval times. Also, there's magic.

Sapphire: Yep, that's a summary. Of course, there's more to it than that, but you're out of your goddamn mind if you think we're going to tell you everything right off the bat.

22. Link the Writer

Kevin McKinley: <laughs> “Oh man, you remind me of some of my college dorm buddies.” <turns to see that Samantha is ushering Lindsey off> “Well, you certainly didn’t scare them off or anything.”

Adrian McCullough: <appears> “Kevin, my man! How’s it going?”

Kevin McKinley: “Doing well. Just found myself here. Surrounded by all these characters. Looks like Amos and Mishu left with the ladies.”

Adrian McCullough: <shrugs> “Aight, well, we’ll take it from here.” <to the others> “Kevin and I are basically twenty-something year old college students who solve mysteries in our hometown. Think Hardy Boys, but in the 21st-century and the cast isn’t just all white guys of varying ages.”

Kevin McKinley: “Seriously, out of our little entourage, I’m the only white guy.”

Adrian McCullough: “Yeah, he’s white, I’m black, and Kim is a lady.”

Kimmy: <appears> “What’s up, boys?” <grabs them from behind and gives them a tight squeeze around their necks>

Adrian McCullough: <pries her arms off of him> “Holy- You’re lucky you didn’t do that to Kevin’s cousin, she’d do a backward-kick between your legs.”

Kimmy: <scoffs> “Yeah, she does that and I’ll land a huge can of shit on her middle-school ass.” <pauses> “Though I do appreciate Kev here teaching her basic self-defense.” <laughs> “‘Men have one glaring weakness — the space between their legs,’” as I remember.

Adrian McCullough: <to the other characters> “Yeah, you probably don’t wanna mess with her.”

23. EstherMayRose

Vanna: I don't have time to sit down right now, but I would like to warn Kimmy that if you keep swearing, the Rishnaran will come and deal with you, and he can be very curt sometimes.

24. Link the Writer

Kimmy: "Shit, fuck, damn, ass, and goddamn hell! I tell that guy, 'Bring it, bitch.'"

Kevin McKinley: (looks at Vanna) "She's a former Catholic."

25. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: Go to the bar if ya need to curse. They'll let you in.

Kathryn: Yeah, but please don't because then we'll be lonely again.

Jade: They're just annoyed because they got kicked out and an age limit got put on it.

Sapphire: I don't like censoring myself!

Cara: In any case, I'd still like to know who the other gay couple is.