Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Anton: I don't think removing someone from a problem to be a nice course of action, actually. Miguel has no choice but stay around me, which kinda sucks... *looks at Miguel* I'm making a point, just don't get upset yet.*Miguel simply keeps looking at him with sadness; Anton continues addressing Sarah* He was a real good kid once, I mean, made his chores, good grades, helped the neighbors with their errands, walking their dogs, and all that. I don't think that he was a troublesome pal at all. Now, to deal with a kid is something; an angry kid is something else, and, of course, a dead, angry kid is something really, really particular! I'm yet to find a child's psychology book about the issue of how to deal with your child when has already been murdered.

Miguel: *sits into the floor, and with a face of curiosity, stares Arc for a while*

Anton: I think that, for one side, he wants to be a normal kid again, but that won't happen. I guess that's the same with May, for what I have seen here. They mourn what was gone, and would like to go back there... I don't blame them, since not so many have the luck of having a childhood so fucked up in many senses(like mine), that would never want to go back at it! Maybe that's why Miguel remains still with his pajama, but doesn't explain to keep his maimed head. I would guess that he wants to keep remembering something important. I have seen his family, and they do not have any sort of wound, just keep to themselves oblivious; now, this little rascal glares at me, freaking me out permanently. I have seen a lot of things from the police archives, but I'll never get used to watch him.

Miguel:*stares at Sarah, and makes a faint, friendly smile to her*

Anton: Miguel has been angry with me only once. That event hurt a lot... in fact, was completely my fault, since I attempted to... end my career in the "fast way". Miguel and his family stopped me by kicking the shit out of me. I'm yet to fix that hole on the roof from the "event", by the way. If he didn't care, I would have been dead already, so I think the little rascal has found a new purpose around me. Or maybe he's expecting something from me. What could it be? Dunno. But maybe is to find a new purpose what keeps him from making a mess more often than he actually does; if May could find a new sense for her life, like, dunno, helping out people, or making pretty things, or explore new lands, find the cure for baldness, or anything, really. maybe could help. Other than that, depends just of her. You as friends only can protect her at some extent, but not forever.

Miguel: *raises from the floor, walks towards Anton, and grabs his left hand with the right*

Anton: *sigh* I know, pal... I know... you don't need to give me nightmares about it, okay?

Miguel:
    *shooks faintly his head, and vanishes from the room*

Anton:
    He only appears for a while, every day. This is the second time he does outside the office. I'm sure he was glad to meet you all. By the way, what was that about a certain Harrison? Who's him, and why would have clones? Is that possible on your kingdom?

2. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Arc: Harrison was the one causing all of the problems around the world. He killed JJ. And yes, the clone thing is possible. He won't be making any more clones, though. We made sure of that.

May used to have a purpose. When we were all still separated, May had to work through all of this herself. It wasn't easy for her. She didn't do it right. She ended up pushing the emotions aside so she could keep moving forward. After she and Jack found each other, May decided that she would do what JJ would have wanted her to do, enjoy each day. This idea kept her going until we killed Harrison, but then she just, deflated. She couldn't do it. May just couldn't enjoy things without feeling guilt. Jack says that, in her head, May keeps "adding" JJ into her everyday life. Like, she'll be fighting against me, but then she'll imagine JJ in the sidelines, cheering her on. Or she'll be doing, whatever it is she does with Jack, but she'll imagine JJ there, having fun just like old times. None of us know how to snap her out of it, but she can't truly enjoy her life as long as this goes on. Jack says she has an idea. You see, we had to wait to do JJ's funeral until we had taken care of everything, but, apparently, JJ wanted something we couldn't give him. He wanted his sword to be stuck in the ground of the highest point in the world, so he could watch over everyone, he's a romantic like that. This is a problem because we don't know where his sword it. While she was on her own, May had lost it in the ocean. She hasn't been able to find it since. So everyday she spends time looking for it. I'm sure she'll find it some day, I just don't know if it'll help. Jack's sure that, as long as she can do what JJ wanted, May'll be able to let go of him. I don't know about that though, it all seems a little too easy, don't you think?

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  3. Andrew Alvarez

Anton: For what you mention, Arc, it sounds like an obsession rather than a true sense of fondness. I doubt that JJ would have liked for May to spend every single day looking for a sword, or imagining himself to being around every single day for the rest of her days. She needs closure, that's for sure. What about reforging the sword? I mean, a single journey to recreate a twin sword of JJ's, so you can manifest your need for closure onto that sword, and once made, to place it where he wanted to be the original? Even could serve as some sort of spiritual travel, a "mushashugyo" of some sort: the travel that old Japanese warriors made by themselves, to learn and improve their skills; it could be a great chance to, finally, say "goodbye" on a spiritual way. At least, is an idea. It would be really heartbreaking to see her descending into madness... believe me, is not pretty, and if she continues like that, there will be no return.

???:
    Madness? What do you know about madness, mister? *a coarse teen male voice calls from an unknown direction*

Anton: Huh? At least have the courtesy of introduce yourself before speaking, whoever you are!

???: Should I? Even if only to show disagreement on your ridiculous belief? What's wrong with being a little mad from time to time? Once you embrace it, there's always lots of fun to enjoy! All those stable, enduring emotions are so tasteless! It's nice to see another soul to descend into madness. Spices up the world.

Anton: No answers until you introduce yourself *crosses his arms*

*A black shadow falls at Anton's side, and provoke dark, engulfing smokes. Once dissipated, a boy of half Anton's height stands at his side, completely wearing black leather armor, plus metallic claws retracted at his hands, and a hooded iron mask depicting a fearsome laughter*

Anton: What the f*ck? Ain't Halloween yet, brat!

Rancor: You can call me Rancor. I serve to the only God worthy of being served, in all of his magnificence: the all-mighty Magoth'Aron! Praised be his name!*makes a reverence* My lord bestows his blessings easily to the despaired, afflicted, and cursed by the other inferior gods. Hence, if the girl in comment has skill in battle, she should try the Blood of Magoth'Aron, and become a Whisperer, like me! Sounds an interesting set of skills of hers... we are recruiting, by the way!

Anton: 'Mega-what'? Dunno from which nuthouse you fled away, pal, but I doubt that anyone here is interested into joining your emo-gothic-Twilight-teenager cult, not even if you offered cookies, which you haven't, by the way! You could start by removing that ugly mask, and speak a little less presumptuous. Are you into Scientology?

*Rancor draws an ebony flute from his sleeve, and puts into the mask's laugh. Blows, and a dart hits Anton's neck*

Anton: F*CK! What's wrong with you...! Little... bitch...

*Anton falls paralyzed*

Rancor: Now, without more interruptions or blasphemies, let's talk about madness, and some nice career opportunities, shall we? You look strong enough, Arc... interested into a life-changing opportunity?

4. LastMindToSanity

Arc: I, I don't... what?

Sarah: Hey, show some manners, boy! You cannot just burst into a foreign conversation and completely commandeer it! Leave at once and return only when you have learned how to properly engage with others!

5. Andrew Alvarez

Rancor: Well, it's a shame that mister here will be out of action by a long while. Also, it was getting so boring that talk in between you, about honor, and friendship, and pity, it's really tiresome to hear just mere words. But I offer deeds, and a purpose: to bring my Lord again to the world, so it can be consumed as whole! A new begin for every living been on the universe, requiring only a little of, well, human sacrifice, but there are always a lot of peasants for that, anyway. Pesky little people, ain't them?

Iona: Halt in the name of the Holy Order, Whisperer! Submit to justice, and prepare to be inquired thoroughly! Or face your demise!

Rancor: Ugh, can't just have a little of fun without any inquisitor comes around like a hound! Fine, keep your place, holy b*tch! We'll see our faces soon enough, and then, you will wish to have bent at the power of Magoth'Aron!

*Rancor drops a vial with liquid, exploding into a cloud of smoke, and vanishes from sight*

Iona: I'm sorry that you had to witness that. I am Iona, High Inquisitor from the realm of Faerlond, a distant northern land on my world. Didn't realized that there could be Whisperers around, and usually are very displeasing knaves. Excuse me a moment, please.

*gets close to Anton, and a warm shine surrounds them both*

Iona: I have neutralized the poison from this strange man's body. He'll be back shortly. Meanwhile, I am interested onto your topic of conversation. Maybe I can be of some assistance, since healing is my specialty at my kingdom.

6. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Vanna: What in the world was that? I've seen some strange things in here - although I'm sure I'll forget them once I head back to my book - there was a vampire in here a while ago, that was odd. And there was an outright villain, he was a bit scary as well. The ghost of a seven-year-old is nothing - he seemed harmless, that's all I need. Are you, Iona, from the same book as Anton, do you know? For the person who asked - Lady Sarah, I think it was you - it's perfectly possible for characters from different books to congregate in here, it's a sort of other world. Time moves differently here as well, so you can pop in when you have five minutes to spare, spend an hour and still be on time for whatever you have on your schedule. I often come in between lessons. There are characters here from three different books in our part of the chatroom.

Jasmine: And did Anton say something about a treat?

Vanna: No, Jasmine. Let's not go there.

Jasmine: Whyever not? I've got some toffees in my pocket, he can have one of those.

Vanna: That's not the sort of treat he meant, Jasmine. You know what, never mind.

Elsie: You have toffees? Cecilia and I have some humbugs, I'll swap you one for a toffee.

Jasmine: Of course!

Henrietta: And if those are not to Monsieur Anton's liking, I have some comfits that my mother gave me - caraway ones, she loves them and always has some to hand. I have never seen either of those sweets, Jasmine, do tell, what are they?

Jasmine: Well, toffees are very sweet and you chew them and they last for a long time, and humbugs are mint-flavoured and you suck them and they last for ages too, unless you bite them.

Vanna: In which case you get a punishing blast of mint. I've never been a fan of humbugs myself. They taste overwhelmingly of toothpaste - twenty-first-century toothpaste, Jasmine, before you ask. 1930s toothpaste tastes like chalk, it was a shock the first time I brushed my teeth here.

Jasmine: Well, in the 20th century, Henrietta, schoolgirls swap things. Would you like a toffee if I can try a comfit?

Cecilia: And you're welcome to a humbug, too.

Henrietta: Why, thank you. You are both very kind.

Vanna: Well, as you can see, Anton, your insinuation has gone right over everyone else's heads. However, you can also see that you are very welcome to confectionary, in fact I'd recommend it, despite its tooth-rotting properties, it will do you much less harm than an illegal substance.

7. LastMindToSanity

Arc: I... I don't... That's it, there's way too much going on. Lady, come and get me when things aren't so crazy, I can't wrap my head around any of this.

Sarah: You should not leave so abruptly! It is magnitudes more rude than what you have been doing so far!

*Arc leaves*

Sarah: So be it. Thank you for your explanation, Miss Vanna. And, I do not believe Anton can address us at the moment, as he appears to be unconscious. Iona, I will not answer your request, am not the one to make that decision.

8. Not Ready to Say

Not Ready to Say Active Member

Frett: What a pleasant surprise, now wonder Hellant left in such a hurry, this conversation is quite blurry. Talking in such long sentences creates quite a dialogue, how do you understand what each other is saying through such fog?

9. Jenissej

Jenissej Professional Lurker Supporter Contributor

*peeks in*

Kaz: Greetings. Heard there are interesting conversations going on here, and...

*looks at Anton on the ground*

Kaz: Ah... Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt.

10. Andrew Alvarez

Anton: Ugh... *stands slowly* This is why I hate Halloweens...

Iona: Don't rush it, mister. Just take it easy. We don't want for your bladder to explode.

Anton: What?!

Iona:
    Along with spontaneous combustion, It's a probable side effect of the poison, but you seem not to be suffering them, and it's rare to happen anyway.

Anton:
    I'm so relieved. *rolls his eyes*

Iona:
    I wish to express to the attendants of this meeting that I regret all of your inconveniences. Since I have received a divine message about being a "fan fiction character", whatever that means, I have felt more compelled to intervene into places like this. Usually, the Holy Order has a very strict concept about boundaries, though I can't recognize the jurisdiction of this one. The only exception are Whispers, since they are, well, trying to destroy the universe, and must be stopped at all costs.

Anton: Oh, I could use some of candy now, Vanna; it's just that can't afford it, and rarely got those when a kid, so my teeth are alright. And I'm sorry for the interruption, Lady Sarah, I should have known better than be distracted by an aggressive Gothic teen... is not the first, by the way.

Iona: To answer Vanna, no, I have never seen this man before, and by the looks of him, must be from a world in a serious state of famine. Fortunately, the Kingdom of Faerlond has plenty of food reserves and healthy cattle to face winters and many other struggles.

Anton: Hey, Iona, would you like to go for a coffee after a while? You know, I started to feel that thing of 'spontaneous combustion' since the moment you appeared-

Iona: I understand that as a sort of culturally located courtship, right? I am sorry to say, I'm under celibate oath, so I suggest you present the invitation to another of the present ladies around. If not, and you are serious about the presence of the symptoms, particularly swelling, I have a jar with Telaverran leeches that must be applied in a localized way to take effect.

Anton: Yikes! I'll pass the leeches, if I may. And don't worry, my 'localized swelling' will manage to disappear by itself.

Iona:
    I'm surprised that you have energy at all to endeavor such pursuits. When was the last time you had a proper meal? You look famished!

Anton:
    Let's talk about another subject like... hey Kaz! Anton Nevsky, private detective, at your service. I offer many surveillance services at a fair, accessible prices. Nice to meet you. And, Lady Sarah, how was exactly Harrison put 'out of business'? It sounds quite interesting to check out.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  11. Not Ready to Say

Not Ready to Say Active Member

Frett: What confusion, this conversation is. My mind is clouded by such delusion.

12. LastMindToSanity

Sarah: Anton, are you not supposed to be an investigator? Does that not imply you are a generally more intelligent person than most? He is dead. We killed him. I mean, what else did you expect? You cannot just leave your enemies alive, they will only come back stronger and more furious than the last time. And, may I make a suggestion? Perhaps you should look into a bodyguard, or perhaps a means of locking your doors? It might help keep the delinquents out.

Frett, that is exactly the problem. There are too many people talking at once for it to be coherent. May would call it "fun", but I disagree. I am merely here to monitor the conversations of my friends, as well as answer for them should they not be present. *sigh* Truly, I did not choose to be the only reliable one, but so be it.

13. Andrew Alvarez

Anton: I can take a hint, Lady. I wondered about the means, not the result.

Iona: Usually, killing is the last resort. Words apart, I would like a clarify on your statement about "intelligence"-

Anton: It doesn't matter, Inquisitress Iona; she's an exigent woman, and has a lot of strong preconceptions about a "proper" way on anything.

Iona: May I ask why?

Anton: She wants to be Queen.

Iona:*raises both eyebrows* You jest.

Anton: Nope.

Iona: With such attitude?

Anton: There are worse, like my District Attorney. She's just exigent.

Iona: She's asking for a revolt, then. But, "not my kingdom, not my pitchforks" as we say in Faerlond. I can also take a hint.

Anton: Speaking of which, I have this terrible pain onto my left tight, specially when trying to pray. Could you please have a look at it? Maybe it's an issue of intelligence*wink* on my posture.

Iona:
    Oh, right. Let me have a look. Meanwhile, I'll make you something for eating. Mercy is a virtue that doesn't require to be 'that' intelligent.*wink wink*

Anton: After you, my lady. By the way, do you practice exorcisms on your kingdom...?

*both walk away from the room*

LastMindToSanity likes this.
  14. LastMindToSanity

Sarah: ... I just realized, Anton, you are like Arc, but with a larger vocabulary. Joy of joys, what have I done to be blessed with another one? Truly my luck knows no bounds.

Jack: You shouldn't be so rude. You're only proving their point.

Sarah: Jack, you are here? Where is May?

Jack: Arc picked her up. I mean, she's a wonderful person, but I do need a break every now and then.

Sarah: Indeed.

Jack: Oh, right, I almost forgot to mention something. May's calmed down, but she decided not to come back yet. I guess she went off to look for the sword again.

Sarah: Should you not be helping her? You were as close to JJ as she was.

Jack: Nah, that's the final step of her journey. She lost the sword, so she wanted to find it without any help. Also, I read up on the previous conversations, and I'd like to talk about something Anton brought up. You're absolutely right, JJ would hate to see May act like this, but you're wrong about the sword. You have to understand, Harrison, the one who caused all of this, could make fake versions of whatever he came across. If we were to make a new sword and just call it good, May would only see it as another fake, it wouldn't work. I get it, you mean that the symbolism is what matters, but May wouldn't be able to appreciate it if she only saw the sword as a fake. She's immature like that. I appreciate the thought, though.

Sarah: What about the very real possibility of Insanity? Anton had also brought that up.

Jack: I wouldn't worry about her going crazy. There's no way I'll let that happen to her. Anyway, let's move on to something a bit for lighthearted, yeah? Kaz, care to introduce yourself? It's no good to just stay on the sidelines and watch.

15. Jenissej

Kaz: What? Oh right. My name's Kazah but just call me Kaz. Most people do. Sorry for losing track like that, I swear I was just about to ask that guy on the floor what the heck a 'private detective'-thingy is but now he's gone. That's really... worrying. I recall someone mentioned poison - was is airborne perhaps? If so it might still be around... It sure sounds like Anton, whoever he is, has made some enemies. Though most poisoned people I've seen didn't get back up that fast. Or at all, for that matter. He can count himself lucky, whoever has it out for him either doesn't want him dead yet or has hired an amateur to do the tipping. Anyway, that isn't exactly a lighthearted topic, right? So maybe someone can tell me where I can get some coffee around here? Could really use some.

16. LastMindToSanity

Sarah: Coffee?

Jack: Commoner drink. A special plant is ground up and mixed with water. Coffee has a kick to it that gets your energy up. It's like wine, but drinking it doesn't make you an idiot. I'm not too sure if this place has a coffee vendor, but maybe we could bring one in?

Sarah: I would rather not bring people into this space for such a silly reason.

Jack: Killjoy. Hey, Kaz, you could always stretch, that usually helps people wake up.

Sarah: Jack, he wants the coffee because Anton was poisoned, not because he is tired, you brick wall.

Jack: Huh, yeah we still don't have coffee. There were a couple of magical girls earlier...

Sarah: Yes, however, I believe they may be busy.

Jack: Oh. There goes that idea. I guess just talking could help. What do people from your story do for fun?

Jenissej and Andrew Alvarez like this.
  17. Jenissej

Kaz: Hm for fun, yeah? Well most people I know drink. But that's probably more out of habit than for fun. Same goes for smoking poppy resin I guess. Jack was right by the way, the coffee was meant for the kick. I don't get much sleep, really. As for the poison, I usually carry some charcoal and general counter-poisons just in case... none of them apply to substances that make you lose track of time though. But since everyone else is still on their feet, I guess we're good for now. Speaking of death, the fighting pits are really popular with most people. Other than that... hey Darit, would you come over here for a second?

Darit: What is it?

Kaz: What do people do for fun except killing off their senses and each other?

Darit: Well, bazaars are always interesting. Even if you don't want to buy anything, most bigger markets have all kinds of performers around. Musicians, jugglers, magic makers and such. Sometimes they even get actors.

Kaz:
    The bazaars, really? I wouldn't call it fun to be standing in a sweating, stinking crowd for hours while getting your pockets picked by grains, snatchers or the performer's brats just to watch some stupid magic tricks. Which aren't real magic by the way.

Darit: Oh don't be a grump, it's not that bad. I've never gotten robbed while watching a show.

Kaz: You had a look at yourself lately? You're like, what, seven feet tall? Circle people know you by sight and the kids from buckets are scared shitless by you. Of course no one tries to cut your purse. Me on the other hand they see and think 'oh yeah, let's have a grab at that guy's money'. It's fucking annoying. Nah thanks, I'm passing on that one.

Darit: *rolls eyes* Suit yourself. I'm sure most people that aren't surly little prunes would agree that musicians and performers are fun.

18. LastMindToSanity

Sarah: That sounds like Magisen's yearly Festival of the World, oh it was grand! All of the exotic sights, sounds, and smells from all around the world gathered in one place! Oh, now I'm just feeling nostalgic.

Jack: How come the rest of us weren't invited?

Sarah: I have fun there, I do not want to taint the experience by having to watch over Arc and May.

Jack: You're too cold sometimes...

Sarah: What kind of performers are there? Are there also dancers, and singers, and poets? I am excited just thinking about it!

19. Jenissej

Darit: Ha! See, Kaz? She agrees.

Kaz: Fine. I do like musicians; it's the crowds that suck.

Darit: Our city is full of musicians and singers. They play Udh or drums or pipes and such. We live in one of the poorer quarters but even there you can see them at almost every market. Poets though...

Kaz: They mostly perform for the swells and fat mongers, in private. Not so much on the streets.

Darit: We have lots of festivals, too. Sea's Appease is the biggest. The special worships to Hemenerif start about a moon turn earlier and the actual festival lasts for ten days! They hand out free fish for the poor then and there are long parades of dancers and bright costumes. Music's everywhere, of course. And at the end we sacrifice ships by burning them in the harbour.

Kaz: You can still smell the smoke days after...

Darit: What's that 'Festival of the World' you mentioned? It sounds huge!

20. LastMindToSanity

Sarah: The Festival of the World is a wondrous occasion where people from all around the world gather to show off what they believe to be a proper exhibition of their culture. There are those who sings the songs of their people, dance their dances, or recite their poems. There are cooks and tailors and beauticians and artists and skin artists and so much more! The festival is held in Magisen, where all of the great scholars live. All people, barring those who would cause trouble, of course, are welcome during the Festival and no one in barred from having an area of their own to show off their culture. It is truly the most amazing time of the year. Not even my Royal Duties can keep me from going each year!

Jack: Actually, Sarah's got a lot of criticism for going to the Festival each year. A small, but very vocal, chunk of her people think she shouldn't be concerned with the rest of the world, and only focus on the Sun Kingdom.

Sarah: Uncultured and incompetent is all that they are, they sound just like Arc! Always berated me for things they do not understand! The Festival of the World is an important occasion for me to interact with the rest of the world. I can build up relations as well as make sure that, if one of them declares war on us, we will have the upper hand!

Jack: Ever the pragmatist, I see.

21. Jenissej

Kaz: Royal duties? You're royalty? I gathered you were some kind of nobility from the way you talk. Didn't think it would be that high up though.

Darit: Gods! Now that you mention it... she does use some weird words. I hope you're not offended we didn't bow to you or something like that.

Kaz: Why should she be offended? If she wanted us to bow she could have said so earlier.

Darit: Well, I guess... it's not like you would have done that anyway.

Kaz: Of course I would have.

Darit: What? You don't give a shit about nobility.

Kaz: Maybe. But if you want to avoid trouble, you gotta keep up appearances. Mind your bows and scrapes and your 'masters' and 'mistresses' and you'll be practically invisible. No one of noble blood looks twice at the humble little peasant. You'd be surprised at the faces they make when a servant they've let into their private rooms without thinking twice suddenly sticks a knife into their guts. It's hilarious.

Darit: Your sense of humor is really sick sometimes.

Kaz: I don't find that funny, actually. It's the madness of it that makes me laugh.

Darit: Yeah. Right. Anyways, this is really exciting! I've never thought I'd get to talk to someone like you, Sarah. You're much more... straightforward than I would have expected. Also, it's surprising to hear that a person of your rank would go out celebrate among the common people. Nobles don't usually do that where we're from. Are you royalty as well, Jack?

22. LastMindToSanity

Jack: Oh, this is gonna be beautiful, I'm getting Arc.

Sarah: If you dare, you will regret it!

*Jack leaves*

Sarah: *Trying to keep her composure* No, Jack is not royalty. She used to be my personal bodyguard, until she elected to live in the country, outside the boundaries of my kingdom. Arc and May are not citizens they-

Arc: We're lowlife brutes from Wild Island!

Sarah: *groans*

May: Yeah, we're just savages from the "worst place in the world." Did you know that we "Wilders" are all idiots?

Sarah: You do not even have a form of government! How can a society with any sort of intelligence not have a government?!

Arc: Pretty easily, if we're any sort of example.

Sarah: You are not.

Jack: This is great.

May: But, seriously, it really is weird that Sarah enjoys something like that. I can't imagine trying to handle all of that noise at once.

Arc: She never invites me to go. That kind of stings when I saved your life.

Sarah: Do you see yourself right now? This is exactly why I have yet to invite you.

Arc: I'm coming next time, Lady.

Sarah: Fine, but stay far, far away from me.

Arc: Nope!

*They both start fighting*

Jack: To answer the question, no, I'm not royalty.

May: Sarah's fine with hanging out with us because we're her friends.

Jack: More like... war buddies? That sounds better.

May: I don't think that was a war. More like a couple fights spread out several years apart.

Jack: So, are you back now, or are you just here to mess with Sarah and go?

May: Might as well stay, I'm already here. Besides, messing with Sarah is Arc's game.

Sarah: Incorrigible bastard!

Arc: *laughing* Elitist drama queen!

23. Jenissej

Kaz: *stares in awe*

Darit: Now that's ... You ... They're ...

Kaz: *laughs*

Darit: Something.

Kaz: Just like back home. Drop one wrong word and folks start fighting for no reason. Sweet. Missed that already.

Darit: At least now I don't feel so much like a stray dog in a temple garden anymore.

24. LastMindToSanity

May: Yeah, they do that.

Jack: You'll get used to it. The constant jabs, the incessant arguments, the seemingly random fights. Honestly, it gets tiring after a while.

May: I think it's kind of cute. Like wolf cubs that just can't get along, but they'll still snuggle when it gets cold.

Jack: You're giving them too much credit, May. Sarah likes to talk about "civility and public appearance", but whenever Arc's in the picture, that all goes out the window.

May: Yeah, she has the nerves the call us brutes, but she gets into waaaay more fights then us!

Jack: Well, more fights than Arc and myself.

25. Jenissej

Kaz: See, that's just my point about nobility. They tell us they're somewhere above us because of their birth but truth is: you cut them, they bleed red. Deep down our so called 'betters' can be just as rotten and brutal as any alley mugger out of the Drownings.

Darit: Only difference is, that alley mugger probably won't deny he's a miserable lil' shit.

Kaz: Yep. *Takes out pipe and lights it* If this goes on a while longer, we could place bets.

Darit: I just don't get why you got them to come here, Jack. Just for the laughs? I mean, don't get me wrong; this is entertaining to watch...